Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture (28886 Views)

How Much Did You Make In Digital Currencies In 2021, See Mine (binance, Etc) / Investing In Digital Currencies. Learn And Earn From The Best Options In 2022. / What Did You Acquire In The Previous Bull Run (digital Currencies) See Mine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2021
jedisco:
Ada is almost at a place where a re-accumulation looks good.....

Between 2.15 which was the prior weekly close and 1.8 which is the current weekly support should provide a good entry for the future...

With such entries, I don't necessarily wait for a particular bottom.... I just ladder in slowly

I like the formation on Ada...
So far, its held 2 dolls well which reminds me of how it held 1 dolls for the last 3 months inspite of what betece was doing.... I used it as a tracker then to guide what the coyn would do....

I'd be watching the weekly close on this keenly. If it closes green, that'd be a monster candle...

On the flip side, there is a potential head and shoulders on the daily chart (2nd)

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
Out of trading, I'd make a post later regarding diversification in crypt0.... And why folks generally make more money in crypt0 by holding fewer assets...

Also another tip on looking at charts....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Jerry59: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
jedisco:
Out of trading, I'd make a post later regarding diversification in crypt0.... And why folks generally make more money in crypt0 by holding fewer assets...

Also another tip on looking at charts....
Waiting....

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
Diversification.... I'd try nd keep this short

Most come into crypt0 and buy numerous coyns with the idea of not putting all bags in one basket.... At least if one does not blow, another will blow... But with time, people come to see that their portfolio does better when they hold fewer assets...
The thing is that with most things tech, the winner takes it all. So ​what people call diversification is most times selling the winner to buy the loser. To put thigs in context, it's like selling part of your Apple stock to buy Nokia or BlackBerry stock in 2013.
For me, the sweet spot is letting the base (upto 75%) of my portfolio rest on 4-5 good coyns....... I can use the rest on more risky stuff

A vast majority of crypt0 coins now have no function and are simply copies of others. Most are speclative instruments.. Identifying the bluechip coyns among the lot and focusing on them is where the real money is made.

Another thing is risk to reward... Typical example xrp... Just like most folks in crypt0, I remember jumping into xrp early on cos I thought it was 'cheap' and would bring bigger returns... Lol... Getting something outta this space has little to do with the unit price of a coyn. This is even more true for large caps...

Knowing what coyns you trade and also when to trade different coyns... Fact is there are only so many coyns one can track.

In summary, there are different groups of coyns in crypt0... Usually, just a few in each group win at the end of the day... Rather than spreading one's portfolio thinly across several coyns, a sensible alternative would be to focus on a few performers.....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
PSG is finally at a place where it looks juicy...

The secret with most meme coyns is getting in at the lows...... Trust me,most folks who sold at 60 would likely be buying here while most who bought at 60 would be capitulating....

The good thing about buying at the lows is that even if it dips more, you can sit it out as there's only so much a coyn can dip b4 a pump.... Also, when it starts pumping, you already know when to take good profit and wouldn't be listening to those who would only FOMO into the top

I'm not in a position yet... Will be targeting this and chiliz within the next few weeks....once betece shows its hand

3 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Mohzus: 5:09am On Sep 25, 2021
jedisco:
Diversification.... I'd try nd keep this short

Most come into crypt0 and buy numerous coyns with the idea of not putting all bags in one basket.... At least if one does not blow, another will blow... But with time, people come to see that their portfolio does better when they hold fewer assets...
The thing is that with most things tech, the winner takes it all. So ​what people call diversification is most times selling the winner to buy the loser. To put thigs in context, it's like selling part of your Apple stock to buy Nokia or BlackBerry stock in 2013.
For me, the sweet spot is letting the base (upto 75%) of my portfolio rest on 4-5 good coyns....... I can use the rest on more risky stuff
In summary, there are different groups of coyns in crypt0... Usually, just a few in each group win at the end of the day... Rather than spreading one's portfolio thinly across several coyns, a sensible alternative would be to focus on a few performers.....

Greater heights , you're a good man . I've been reading this book and was trying to fit it into crypto but I couldn't . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2021
Bitc0in dominance chart- a brief explanation is this... It's the percentage of the crypt0 market attributable to bitcoin... General, when it's low, that means alyt coyns have relatively maintained structure and performed better against Bitc0in.... When its high, the reverse is the case... As most things, it swings from low to high and viceversa. It's a good guide to guage where the market is. How this market moves is that mostimes, whalestend to accumulate bitcoin when its not performing well and sell it into alyts after it's been on a rally

Its currently at 40. This means bitc0in market cap is worth 40% abd other coins 60% of the crypt0 market cap.
At 40, bitc0in dominance is at the 2nd lowest it's been in years.... The lowest was 35 which was the lowest..... This makes me believe that by virtue of either a pump or a dump, bitc0in is likely to dominate q4 of this year....
A dip to 35 would give alyts one more chance to rally which should be short-lived

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2021
Mohzus:

Greater heights , you're a good man . I've been reading this book and was trying to fit it into crypto but I couldn't . Thanks

Could relate in a way to the 2027 bullrun... I've likened that before to the dot-com bubble
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Mohzus: 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
jedisco:

Could relate in a way to the 2027 bullrun... I've likened that before to the dot-com bubble

Yes
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Emmyjay007(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2021
The internet pays but only a few know about this

If you have an android phonor a smartphone and you spend money on data without making money in return, it's a pity.
We will be sharing different ways we can make residual income.
FREE!!
THAT IS WITHOUT PAYING A DIME
Click on the link below
https://yotvideo.xyz/936531532555882/
Register, and get paid just for watching adverts in USD$.
You can thank me later..
Or chat me on whatsapp 07034708811
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Just a gentle reminder on why u should stake your coins while waiting...

Staking rewards over the past 2-3 weeks... Not much but at least could pay for transaction fees.

5 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 3:10am On Sep 27, 2021
Mostly, the market picture becomes clearer after a selloff
When caught in a selloff, one good way to recover quickly is trading significant levels between pairs.... This is because coins which were performing well before a selloff tend to pullback more but bounce quicker. Another good reason to have strong alyts

E.g, I swapped a good chunk of my bnb into one, ada, luna and cake too..

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 3:26am On Sep 27, 2021
Uni- was disappointing of late. It didn't show much strength as dot which is unusual... Most times, it follows dot... Likely this was partly due to news of the sec investigation.....

But it's a project I believe in- moreso with all the censorship on crypt0. Uni is the native token of uniswap which is one of the bigger decentralised exchanges....

With Huobi one of China's bigger exchanges restricting Chinese users and others likely to follow, perhaps, that'd bring a boom to decentralised exchanges and their tokens once again. Perhaps, that's what is causing this pump...

Will cut part of my position into betece at 0.6... might buy back lower (around 0.55ish) or just hold in betece as I'm looking to increase my betece position

3 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Ibime(m): 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
jedisco:
Uni- was disappointing of late. It didn't show much strength as dot which is unusual... Most times, it follows dot... Likely this was partly due to news of the sec investigation.....

But it's a project I believe in- moreso with all the censorship on crypt0. Uni is the native token of uniswap which is one of the bigger decentralised exchanges....

With Huobi one of China's bigger exchanges restricting Chinese users and others likely to follow, perhaps, that'd bring a boom to decentralised exchanges and their tokens once again. Perhaps, that's what is causing this pump...

Will cut part of my position into betece at 0.6... might buy back lower (around 0.55ish) or just hold in betece as I'm looking to increase my betece position

The KYC regulations although about 2 years from implementation will also affect Uni as they will have to collect customers data. They are already building some features into their platform to that effect
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ibime:

The KYC regulations although about 2 years from implementation will also affect Uni as they will have to collect customers data. They are already building some features into their platform to that effect

Interesting...
KYC in itself isnt bad and helps with providing a clear regulatory framework so more big players can come into the industry...
That said, by design, some part of crypt0 will always remain anonymous due to blanket regulations in countries like China... Perhaps, it may lead to the rise of truly decentralised means of exchanging tokens

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:21am On Oct 03, 2021
Talking about reading charts...

The mistake most make is looking at the low time frames they can't action moreso on bitc0in.... Can't stress this enough... Buying the top mostimes happens when folks are looking at LTF charts..

On bitc0in, I rarely go below the 4hrly chart... I occasionally use the 30min chart during a selloff to early identify possible demand zones.... Asides that, the picture on bitc0in becomes clearer from the daily down and moreso on higher time frames..

I was partly on the wrong end of the April Bitc0ins selloff cos I didn't look at the larger picture... As early as January, 60k was already showing signs of a supply zone...

Looking at the monthly chart of bitc0in, one thing is obvious- the 21 monthly ema... The coin only nukes  below it at the worst of a bear market and that usually provides a good macro buying opportunity.... After this run is topped, when that time comes, I'd hopefully be buying...

Looking at things from a risk/reward point of view was one reason I just kept streamlining my portfolio during  September. Moreso was when I looked at the chart below... The 21 month ema is currently at about 32k...  I reasoned that except this run is over (which doesn't look it) then bitc0in is very unlikely to close a monthly below that level yet... So generally, while it was getting clear a huge move was in the offing... The main question is if bitc0in is going to put in another top or nuke to confirm a prolonged bear market... My bias on this is well stated

4 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2021
Been going through the BSC defi offerings... And I'm seeing some mouthwatering rewards.... Im a bit skeptical snd still doing some research....

But if betece does go on another run, likely a good chunk of my stable rewards will be used to provide liquidity in stanle coin pools.... That's earning profit without stress....

Will be sharing thoughts on this going forward....
The more I look into defi, the more I agree it's still largely underutilized
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
This hash ribbons.....

A bitc0in trading signal I quite value...

This is a gentle reminder that when it flashed a buy signal, bitc0in was trading at a modest 38k

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kava is finally at a spot where'd I'd like to build a mid-longterm position...

Got bids between 5.8- 6 should it comeback to retest the weekly support...

Would ease my xlm position into this....
The other coyn I'm looking to cut strings with is theta.... Stuff hasn't shown strength in a while against majors

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by toby345(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
Nice one boss the way you even analyse most times makes me feel like you don't have losses at all

3 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 12:50am On Oct 04, 2021
toby345:
Nice one boss the way you even analyse most times makes me feel like you don't have losses at all

Everyone does make losses.... Some of the coyns I bought are below their buying price.... Some I had to ditch.

My saving grace has been few things, I prefer to trade the larger picture hence I try not to panic sell. I try to inject new fiat at certain times of the market when I think the risk/reward is worth it... E.g someone who bought Bitc0in at 30k isnt too worried about what's happening now.... Lastly, it's a game we all learn at but I try to learn from past mistakes so to reduce same happening again

6 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 1:29am On Oct 04, 2021
In general, times like this is why I prefer to trade the larger picture and know what my inflection points are...

Usually, bitc0in spends most of its time playing between a range... And usually, once accumulation or distribution is done, it moves quickly in a definite direction.. Generally, the coyn makes 2-3 of such moves a year. Understanding and not being offside on these moves is key. On a macro level, which ever of the two between 30 and 60 gives would be significant.

At this point in the market, I think a good number are missing the main point... The most important question for the next 6 months is simple- is bitc0in going to put in another top or not... That determines virtually most other things...Focusing on such moves was one of the reasons for starting this thread.

The way I see it is simple- If bitc0in goes on another rally, then whatever price of coyns now will be considered cheap in the next few months... If the reverse is the case and 64k was the top, then you don't want to be offside... IMO, there's a lower chance it'd just range over that time interval...

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Watching this video, it hit me again that the crypt0 evolution is still early.... 

https://twitter.com/reason/status/1438187607821885441?s=19

I don't believe it's a get rich quick market.... But it's sure one where the patient folks win..
I still believe the next bitc0in bullrun (after this) would be fuelled by national adoption just like this one is being fuelled by institutional adoption...

If you're caught at the wrong end of a flip flopping central bank like ours with your knowledge on crypt0, then you might have yourself to blame...

Central Banks are learning quite quickly that if they decide to deploy interventions that'd ensure the currency looses value, then unlike before where most would be at theur mercy, right now smart everyday folks wouldn't sit and allow themselves to be impoverished by such measures.. As the crypt0 space evolves, there'd sure be more straightforward ways to spend crypt0 based currencies in everyday life...Looking at most nations with struggling currencies e.g Turkey, Venezuela its same story...

Not a conspiracy theorist, but at this stage, it's becoming clear that if there was going to be a truly universal currency, it'd likely be crypt0 based...

4 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by DieRich5: 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
jedisco:
Been going through the BSC defi offerings... And I'm seeing some mouthwatering rewards.... Im a bit skeptical snd still doing some research....

But if betece does go on another run, likely a good chunk of my stable rewards will be used to provide liquidity in stanle coin pools.... That's earning profit without stress....

pls I'm waiting for ur thought on it, personal I'm trying to learn more about it since alots of people talking about it ND so far the review is positive
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
DieRich5:
pls I'm waiting for ur thought on it, personal I'm trying to learn more about it since alots of people talking about it ND so far the review is positive

I posted a video on it some pages back.... It's a good place to start...

The major benefits with defi are
1. Earning passive income from your coyns e.g via liquidity pools, staking e.t.c.
2. Also, taking loans against your collateral crypt0 asset... Your collateral and loan could be any crypt0 asset..

But because the area is still new, rewards are still good though one has to be security conscious... What some folks do is just to use a stable coyn collateral to borrow a stable coyn while earning interest on both. Now use the borrowed stable coyn to provide liquidity on another platform and continue compounding profits on stables which carries low risk...

I'm more about using stables as borrowing to buy more crypt0 is similar to margin trading which comes with added risks

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by DieRich5: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
jedisco:

I posted a video on it some pages back.... It's a good place to start...

The major benefits with defi are
1. Earning passive income from your coyns e.g via liquidity pools, staking e.t.c.
2. Also, taking loans against your collateral crypt0 asset... Your collateral and loan could be any crypt0 asset..

But because the area is still new, rewards are still good though one has to be security conscious... What some folks do is just to use a stable coyn collateral to borrow a stable coyn while earning interest on both. Now use the borrowed stable coyn to provide liquidity on another platform and continue compounding profits on stables which carries low risk...

I'm more about using stables as borrowing to buy more crypt0 is similar to margin trading which comes with added risks
wow.......... let me go ND find it grin nice idea using stable base on ur take but it still doesn't make sense to me since I'm a newbie, hopefully I'll follow what u wrote here thanks boss
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Suicide666(m): 8:23am On Oct 05, 2021
jedisco:

Staking can either be done on centralised exchanges such as binaz e.t.c where they lock your asets for the agrred period and pay you profits... Also, there are flexible options where rates are not locked but they pay lower....

Also, there are stake pools e.t.c

Another means is via defi (decentralised finance) which is an interesting aspect of crypt0. Here, there's not much of a centralised exchange... Here, lending and borrowing rates are sensible as funds pulled tof6are borrowed out and interest paid back... Everything is done on the basis of a software algorithm called smart contract...

Most info is available online......

For defi, this can be a nice video to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0FiTC_Pl3w
seen grin

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2021
On shib,

3Day chart...

Since the listing pump ans selloff, it'd been struck in a small range with 0.1 as the resistance..... Tested it multiple times.

2nd is the false capitulation candle which cleared the whole range (not uncommon e.g similar to bitc0in in March 2020)....

It's now quite obvious accumulation was taking place in that range hence the explosive pop...

Good point of reentry is obviously a retest of that zone. This is a 3d chart and ideally I'd wait for a 3 day close nd retest but a daily close above this level yesterday was enough for me to action it as a breakout...

I don't think the rally is done... So I'd target the retest zone and 4hrly support to gain some entry...

Take profit will still be the usual psychological zones..... I'm keen to see if it pulls a classic x5 from point of breakout as we've seen

P.s. As always, sensible asset distribution is part of risk management... Don't go emptying your portfolio into any coyn cos you think it'd pop

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 05, 2021
jedisco:

Please im looking forward to your input on this and i must agree with you DEFI offers mouthwatering opportunity and it is still underutilized just know your game and you will be making life changing wealth. please do carry us along thanks bro
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2021
INFP:
Please im looking forward to your input on this and i must agree with you DEFI offers mouthwatering opportunity and it is still underutilized just know your game and you will be making life changing wealth. please do carry us along thanks bro

I'm looking more into other smart chains cos of the high rates of gas fees on eith...

Of course, once eith 2.0 is out, I'd like port over as eith is the most decentralised of the lot and has the most robust offerings...

So far, if my bias is confirmed and bitc0in goes on an eoy rally to make a new ATH, then by early next year, I'd sensibly be moving my loot to stables... which I'd use to provide lliquidity for interest. Then also borrow stables using my innitial stable as collateral
The newly borrowed stable will be used to provide liquidity elsewhere.
With the right pairings, I could get between 15-25% apr... Leave that there for 6-9 months before I pullout and start attacking bitc0in again..
What I'm looking for now is the right platform

These are interested rates for stable coyn pools on a platform...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 05, 2021
jedisco:

I'm looking more into other smart chains cos of the high rates of gas fees on eith...

Of course, once eith 2.0 is out, I'd like port over as eith is the most decentralised of the lot and has the most robust offerings...

So far, if my bias is confirmed and bitc0in goes on an eoy rally to make a new ATH, then by early next year, I'd sensibly be moving my loot to stables... which I'd use to provide lliquidity for interest. Then also borrow stables using my innitial stable as collateral
The newly borrowed stable will be used to provide liquidity elsewhere.
With the right pairings, I could get between 15-25% apr... Leave that there for 6-9 months before I pullout and start attacking bitc0in again..
What I'm looking for now is the right platform

These are interested rates for stable coyn pools on a platform...
Im hearing FTM ecosystem is cool with some projects offering close to 50%-60% APR. But then you see projects offering about 1000% and you wonder if these things are real, not forgetting the risk involved. mehn Defi is another world on its own

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by kings11ng(m): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2021
INFP:
Im hearing FTM ecosystem is cool with some projects offering close to 50%-60% APR. But then you see projects offering about 1000% and you wonder if these things are real, not forgetting the risk involved. mehn Defi is another world on its own

Which project offers 1k %

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Industrialized States In Nigeria. / What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? / Why Has MMM Not Released Official Statement Prior To Resumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.