Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (81469 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2011
Chelsea 5 - 0 Genk.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by A40(m): 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nateevs must be feeling like the life of the party right now grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

And why would you? I am not quite sure you have properly analysed Danny's deficiencies.

Perhaps you would kindly list them out.

I'm an old school follower. Strikers are meant to score goals.
All other functions are secondary. I don't care about keeping shape and all other technicalities.

So far, Danny has been the most prolific striker.
FT has had about 5 good games in almost 1year, Haba!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2011
BlueDiva:

Perhaps you would kindly list them out.

I'm an old school follower. Strikers are meant to score goals.
All other functions are secondary. I don't care about keeping shape and all other technicalities.

So far, Danny has been the most prolific striker.
FT has had about 5 good games in almost 1year, Haba!

Keeping the shape is technical football. It is what keeps a team going for a long time.
It is what keeps a manager's job for a long time.
JM was a master at maintaining team shape. That's why he achieved a lot here.
You cannot have a striker who scores goals and then the team loses all the time, else we should we should be buying Darren Bent.

The shape creates chances, prevents goals, and improves the overall team's performance.
The modern day striker offers more than just goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Check my records on NL, I have always said Torres is a mediocre striker only made good by the English league

i beg to differ.
you said torres from a mediocre club in la liga came to england and is dominating the news media.
a theory you had always used to back the fact that english defenders are useless. yes or no?

See how good Silva, Kun AGuero and even Mata look now compared to their status in their previous leagues.

they are all playing for man city and chelsea. multi-million pound clubs with world class players all round.
this is the same as saying cristiano ronaldo's league in portugal was better because he dominated in england or hernandez's former league in mexico because he dominated in england. the quality of the club has changed. if you play aguero in stoke, he will be anonymous. who was david silva last season in the league? did you sniff him? now that more quality has been added to his team, he's bound to shine.

Klose was good in that time frame around 2006, but currently now Gomez shyts on him for Bayern.

gomez even shyts on gerd muller now. messi shytes on maradona.
gomez shytes on klinsmann and rooney shyts on george best. grin

Purple patch is what you called a player who is only 3rd behind Ronaldo and Messi in the lasy 4 seasons summed together?

name one trophy this mario gomez won in the last 4 seasons summed together.
i know ronaldo and messi won league titles, champions league titles and tonnes of individual awards.
roll out gomez's achievements. in my opinion, diego forlan, david villa, rooney and even milito all shyte on mario gomez.
goals must lead to titles. scoring 200 goals per season without them bringing any glory to the club is meaningless.

May your patch be purple  grin grin

amen!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

Keeping the shape is technical football. It is what keeps a team going for a long time.
You cannot have a striker who scores goals and then the team loses all the time, else we should we should be buying Darren Bent.

The shape creates chances, prevents goals, and improves the overall team's performance.

So what does Torres offer?

And what quality striker out there does not offer goals like Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

Chelsea 5 - 0 Genk.

EVen Bolton beat clubs 5-0 and 4-0 this season

Does 5-0 vs Genk exoerrate Torres from being a waste?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

Ok, so Torres is keeping the shape and not scoring.
He is keeping the shape and yet our defence is in disarray.

Don't think RA bought him for 50mil to be keeping shapes.
Damn, Anelka probably keeps the shape much better.

Let's keep sentiments aside and spit it as it is.
Torres has been a massive disappointment. Admit is sir, i know you for being honest.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

you are very intelligent!
i am grossly impressed.

for herbs like dayokanu and ibime.
they only see goals and their comparison is based on goals/apps all the time.

look at ronaldo today. his game has suffered. he has been converted to a pure goal scorer.
he cannot dribble past his marker without speed. his link up play has deteriorated
even his first touch now is abysmal but he scores obscene amount of goals.

compare him in man utd in 2006/7 where his strength was leaving his markers for dead and shooting to score. he was a menace to defences then. he couldn't be stopped. he crossed better, passed the ball better and his smart link-ups were exemplary.

there are more to strikers these days than goals. it has always been like that until the prevalence of the blogosphere where wikipedia rules the roost.
imagine what dayokanu would be saying about zola, bergkamp, cantona, kanu and even maradona if there was internet then. dayo would say hasselbaink was a better player than zola or kevin phillips was better than cantona and ian rush was better than maradona
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by A40(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
Is Kalou injured?? Una no dey give the guy chance at all
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
coogar:

i beg to differ.
you said torres from a mediocre club in la liga came to england and is dominating the news media.
a theory you had always used to back the fact that english defenders are useless. yes or no?

What is the difference? Torres was mediocre in la Liga he came to EPL became a star overnight this shows how crappy the standards in EPL are. check out others like Aguero, Silva and mata who have become the best players in their teams which is a congregation of stars.

they are all playing for man city and chelsea. multi-million pound clubs with world class players all round.
this is the same as saying cristiano ronaldo's league in portugal was better because he dominated in england or hernandez's former league in mexico because he dominated in england. the quality of the club has changed. if you play aguero in stoke, he will be anonymous. who was david silva last season in the league? did you sniff him? now that more quality has been added to his team, he's bound to shine.

These former mediocre players are now the best players in multi million Dollar squads. Its easy to be the best player in Bolton but they are the best players in the best English clubs? Why didnt Garether barry or James Millner or Raul Merelies become icons like these former mediocre la Liga players?

gomez even shyts on gerd muller now. messi shytes on maradona.
gomez shytes on klinsmann and rooney shyts on george best. grin

Gomez best cant match gerd muller

name one trophy this mario gomez won in the last 4 seasons summed together.
i know ronaldo and messi won league titles, champions league titles and tonnes of individual awards.
roll out gomez's achievements. in my opinion, diego forlan, david villa, rooney and even milito all shyte on mario gomez.
goals must lead to titles. scoring 200 goals per season without them bringing any glory to the club is meaningless

Even Ronaldo Lima won a few club medals yet he was one of the best players in Europe in his lifetime

So Gomez must be in good company  grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
BlueDiva:

Ok, so Torres is keeping the shape and not scoring.

Don't think RA bought him for 50mil to be keeping shapes.
Damn, Anelka probably keeps the shape much better.

Let's keep sentiments aside and spit it as it is.
Torres has been a massive disappointment. Admit is sir, i know you for being honest.

Now you are mixing two different things. You said you do not care about shape but goals.
And I tried to tell you what that opinion is wrong.

I have in no way told you that Torres is the best £50 purchase.
Infact you, FBS and Ibime were the ones telling me Aguero was overrated when I was asking for us to splash on him instead of Torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2011
It's only on NL that people come up with all sorts of analysis.
A striker is meant to score goals, simple.

If you want flair, get a creative midfielder, a playmaker.
Van Nistelrooy was useless in most games but he always delivered the goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

Now you are mixing two different things. You said you do not care about shape but goals.
And I tried to tell you what that opinion is wrong.

I have in no way told you that Torres is the best £50 purchase.
Infact you, FBS and Ibime were the ones telling me Aguero was overrated when I was asking for us to splash on him instead of Torres.

I admit, we were wrong and you were right.
Now that we decided to splash on Torres, the oaf should deliver. Even Shevy was not this bad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
coogar:

you are very intelligent!
i am grossly impressed.

for herbs like dayokanu and ibime.
they only see goals and their comparison is based on goals/apps all the time.
look at ronaldo today. his game has suffered. he has been converted to a pure goal scorer.
he cannot dribble past his marker without speed. his link up play has deteriorated
even his first touch now is abysmal but he scores obscene amount of goals.
compare him in man utd in 2006/7 where his strength was leaving his markers for dead and shooting to score. he was a menace to defences then. he couldn't be stopped. he crossed better, passed the ball better and his smart link-ups were exemplary.

Ronaldo in Man Utd was needed to do all those stuffs as he is the most creative player by a mile, In Real his creative skills are not needed they need his scoring beast to come out.

Why bother with twinkle toes, step over when you have Ozil, Kaka, Dimaria behind you?

there are more to strikers these days than goals. it has always been like that until the prevalence of the blogosphere where wikipedia rules the roost.
imagine what dayokanu would be saying about zola, bergkamp, cantona, kanu and even maradona if there was internet then. dayo would say hasselbaink was a better player than zola or kevin phillips was better than cantona and ian rush was better than maradona

Mentioning those names would impress European football mediocres like Nateevs

How many of those names you mentioned are top 9 in the mould of Torres None. They all played behind a top striker who banged in goals

Zola played behind hasselbaink and TA Flo, Bergkamp played behind Kluivery and Henry, kanu played behind strikers Maradona was not a top 9

Its like comparing Baggio to Vieiri.

Coogar you are disgracing yourself here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

What is the difference? Torres was mediocre in la Liga he came to EPL became a star overnight this shows how crappy the standards in EPL are. check out others like Aguero, Silva and mata who have become the best players in their teams which is a congregation of stars.

torres moved to liverpool. aguero, silva and mata moved to a better club than torres did.
for instance, look at javier hernandez. if he was playing else where say in aston villa, he would be less dominant.

These former mediocre players are now the best players in multi million Dollar squads. Its easy to be the best player in Bolton but they are the best players in the best English clubs? Why didnt Garether barry or James Millner or Raul Merelies become icons like these former mediocre la Liga players?

joe hart
edin dzeko
david silva
adam johnson

what were the performances of the players listed here before in comparison to now.

Gomez best cant match gerd muller

are you sure?

Even Ronaldo Lima won a few club medals yet he was one of the best players in Europe in his lifetime

a winner of 2 world cups, several copa america titles and confed cup.
name one trophy gomez has won for germany. please, just one!

So Gomez must be in good company  grin

he's not - he's won nothing on the continent.

klinsmann,
rummenigge
voeller
hrubesch
littbarski

the names above are far far far better than mario gomez.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
coogar:

torres moved to liverpool. aguero, silva and mata moved to a better club than torres did.
for instance, look at javier hernandez. if he was playing else where say in aston villa, he would be less dominant.

That must mean it would be easier to be better players in smaller clubs than in bigger clubs innit? grin grin

joe hart
edin dzeko
david silva
adam johnson

What about them? I dont even know Adam Johnson before Man City.

what were the performances of the players listed here before in comparison to now.

Joe Hart has always been good maybe improved, Millner, Barry what about those?

a winner of 2 world cups, several copa america titles and confed cup.
name one trophy gomez has won for germany. please, just one!
Really? Did he win all these in European club football?

he's not - he's won nothing on the continent.

How does what Mesi won for Argentina concern a Barcelona fan?

klinsmann,
rummenigge
voeller
hrubesch
littbarski

the names above are far far far better than mario gomez

How many goals did the above score for their clubs?.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2011
BlueDiva:

It's only on NL that people come up with all sorts of analysis.
A striker is meant to score goals, simple.

If you want flair, get a creative midfielder, a playmaker.
Van Nistelrooy was useless in most games but he always delivered the goals.

No Ma. It's not only on NL.
Look at managers like AVB and you know there are actually managers who believe in shape.
DD was not all that prolific when he got to Chelsea but DD was employed for a reason.

We suffered greatly any time DD and Lamps didn't play. Why? Because of the shape they created.
It was instrumental for Chelsea's dominance. That's one of the reasons Sheva could not deliver at Chelsea.

A striker is meant to score goals and Torres has not delivered but he's all we have.
DD is not going to get better, neither is Anelka. Danny is too inexperienced to be played as the sole CF. Plus he's supposed to fill the role of inside forwards AVB likes to deploy.

Unless you are suggesting we should go bring Lucaz Piazon and Islam Feruz from the academy, Torres is here to stay until Roman suffers another brain spasm and shells out £60m for Andy Carroll . . . . . again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Ronaldo in Man Utd was needed to do all those stuffs as he is the most creative player by a mile, In Real his creative skills are not needed they need his scoring beast to come out.

rooney and giggs were far creative than ronaldo.
you did not pay attention back then. 2006/7 was the only season ronaldo was far and above everyone else in england.
go and see the quality of his goals then. he was messiesque/ronaldinho-esque.

Why bother with twinkle toes, step over when you have Ozil, Kaka, Dimaria behind you?

just saying he's now a king of tap-ins.

Mentioning those names would impress European football mediocres like Nateevs
How many of those names you mentioned are top 9 in the mould of Torres None. They all played behind a top striker who banged in goals
Zola played behind hasselbaink and TA Flo, Bergkamp played behind Kluivery and Henry, kanu played behind strikers Maradona was not a top 9

football back then was 4-4-2. no one played behind anyone.
strike partnership was what it was called. . . .any of 9 or 10 could score goals then depending on the state of play.
otherwise, maradona wouldn't score 5 goals for argentina in 86. he had a number 9 ahead of him.

funny how you remember one played behind one now.
where was your brain when you used to flog berbatov as a flop? grin cheesy
dayokanu, you shouldn't be engaged in football debates.

Its like comparing Baggio to Vieiri.

no, comparing baggio to vialli.
baggio scored more goals than vialli in 1990.
sneijder scored more goals than van persie in 2010.

Coogar you are disgracing yourself here

nah, you are the disgrace.
scoring goals is the most important feature in football. it decides games and it's sometimes the difference between losing and winning.
however, some strikers are more than scoring goals in what they provided on the pitch.

for example, would you say maradona flopped in 86 world cup final against germany?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

That must mean it would be easier to be better players in smaller clubs than in bigger clubs innit? grin grin

the most important thing is playing in a club of world class players and getting many games under one's belt.
mata, aguero and silva would be anonymous playing for west ham or everton

What about them? I dont even know Adam Johnson before Man City.

you are not a big fan of epl so i am not surprised.

Joe Hart has always been good maybe improved, Millner, Barry what about those?
Really? Did he win all these in European club football?

joe hart has improved massively.
milner has improved compared to the rubbish he was in aston villa.
barry is too old to be reckoned with. we are talking about young players with loads of time ahead of them to improve.
ronaldo won uefa cup, didn't he?

How does what Mesi won for Argentina concern a Barcelona fan?

ask arsenal fans how they celebrated when cesc won euro 2008/world cup 2010.

How many goals did the above score for their clubs?.

they didn't have to.
football isn't only about goals otherwise dennis bergkamp won't be a legend. same as eric cantona.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
coogar:

rooney and giggs were far creative than ronaldo.
you did not pay attention back then. 2006/7 was the only season ronaldo was far and above everyone else in england.
go and see the quality of his goals then. he was messiesque/ronaldinho-esque.

just saying he's now a king of tap-ins.

football back then was 4-4-2. no one played behind anyone.
strike partnership was what it was called. . . .any of 9 or 10 could score goals then depending on the state of play.
otherwise, maradona wouldn't score 5 goals for argentina in 86. he had a number 9 ahead of him.
You are threading on unfamiliar territory and dont let me take you to the cleaners

funny how you remember one played behind one now.
where was your brain when you used to flog berbatov as a flop? grin cheesy
dayokanu, you shouldn't be engaged in football debates.

Berbatov has always been a top 9 and he is a top 9. He played ahead of Franca in Leverkusen, He led Spurs line and played ahead of Keane He also led manure lines and his space has been taken by Chicharito now .

no, comparing baggio to vialli.
baggio scored more goals than vialli in 1990.

Guffanti. Schilacci was the top striker for Italy in 1990 and he scored 6 goals Baggio only managed 2

sneijder scored more goals than van persie in 2010.

Thats because van persie was useless at that time and for most of his career

nah, you are the disgrace.
scoring goals is the most important feature in football. it decides games and it's sometimes the difference between losing and winning.
however, some strikers are more than scoring goals in what they provided on the pitch.

In football a top 9 scores more goals than the 8 behind him.

Research well and avoid goofs this time around cos I wont be merciful

for example, would you say maradona flopped in 86 world cup final against germany?

Maradona was the best player ever and he would always dwarf anyone played beside him the same way Messi outscores all other strikers in his team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

No Ma. It's not only on NL.
Look at managers like AVB and you know there are actually managers who believe in shape.
DD was not all that prolific when he got to Chelsea but DD was employed for a reason.

We suffered greatly any time DD and Lamps didn't play. Why? Because of the shape they created.
It was instrumental for Chelsea's dominance. That's one of the reasons Sheva could not deliver at Chelsea.

A striker is meant to score goals and Torres has not delivered but he's all we have.

DD is not going to get better, neither is Anelka. Danny is too inexperienced to be played as the sole CF. Plus he's supposed to fill the role of inside forwards AVB likes to deploy.

Unless you are suggesting we should go bring Lucaz Piazon and Islam Feruz from the academy, Torres is here to stay until Roman suffers another brain spasm and shells out £60m for Andy Carroll . . . . . again!

Well, thank God the Lamps we all criticized is saving our butt.
When you see the likes of Demba Ba banging the goals, you weep for FT.

Henceforth i will not talk about FT's failure.
If the manager and fans think the dud is useful, then so be it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

You are threading on unfamiliar territory and dont let me take you to the cleaners

take me to the cleaners? have you ever done that since the planet was created.

Berbatov has always been a top 9 and he is a top 9. He played ahead of Franca in Leverkusen, He led Spurs line and played ahead of Keane He also led manure lines and his space has been taken by Chicharito now .

he never played a top 9 for man utd until last season when rooney had his "issues". berbatov won the golden boot that season!
berbatov didn't run faster or took drugs. it was the same berbatov but playing closer to the goal than he ever did for ferguson.
he became a flop in your eyes after joining man utd. not before - so forget what he's done in previous clubs and concentrate on his man utd career.

Guffanti. Schilacci was the top striker for Italy in 1990 and he scored 6 goals Baggio only managed 2

you are a disgrace! a big fat disgrace for a football acolyte.
vialli was the top striker. it was after vialli flopped that schillacci became the cinderella of the italian team.
go back to wikipedia and read again. schillaci was a substitute in the group games.

Thats because van persie was useless at that time and for most of his career

so what happened to him?

In football a top 9 scores more goals than the 8 behind him.

guffantiesque. it's not number 8 behind 9, it's number 10.
olodo 20 kobo. grin

Research well and avoid goofs this time around cos I wont be merciful

10 plays behind a 9 in a 4-4-2 abi your brain don blow it's gasket?
it's 4 and 8 in the central midfield. 2-3-5-6 in the defence.
7 and 11 on the wings. 9 and 10 top striking.

you nor sabi nada.

Maradona was the best player ever and he would always dwarf anyone played beside him the same way Messi outscores all other strikers in his team

so why is torres goal scoring prowess such an issue with you?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
coogar:

the most important thing is playing in a club of world class players and getting many games under one's belt.
mata, aguero and silva would be anonymous playing for west ham or everton

Average/mediocre players in the La Liga have now turned to demi gods in the EPL. Simple.

you are not a big fan of epl so i am not surprised.

I mean how many people knew Adam Johnson before Man City?

joe hart has improved massively.
milner has improved compared to the rubbish he was in aston villa.
barry is too old to be reckoned with. we are talking about young players with loads of time ahead of them to improve.

What has improved about Milner? if thats what you call improvement then I am sorry for English football

ronaldo won uefa cup, didn't he?

UEFA cup? For the player of Ronaldos status is all he can say in EUrope? Same tournament won by Schalke 04 nameless players?

ask arsenal fans how they celebrated when cesc won euro 2008/world cup 2010.

Why do you have to hit people below the belt, We are talking about people you mentioned Arsenal fans. mmsscchhheewww

they didn't have to.
football isn't only about goals otherwise dennis bergkamp won't be a legend. same as eric cantona.

They were not out and out strikers and goals cant be used to measure them rather its their creativity
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2011
coogar:

10 plays behind a 9 in a 4-4-2 abi your brain don blow it's gasket?
it's 4 and 8 in the central midfield. 2-3-5-6 in the defence.
7 and 11 on the wings. 9 and 10 top striking.

8 play in Central midfield? Its no use discussing football with you. bring any team that played 442.

You mean Teddy Sherigham played beside paul ince?, You mean for Man Utd in 1999, Andy Cole played beside Roy Keane?

take me to the cleaners? have you ever done that since the planet was created.

he never played a top 9 for man utd until last season when rooney had his "issues". berbatov won the golden boot that season!
berbatov didn't run faster or took drugs. it was the same berbatov but playing closer to the goal than he ever did for ferguson.
he became a flop in your eyes after joining man utd. not before - so forget what he's done in previous clubs and concentrate on his man utd career.

you are a disgrace! a big fat disgrace for a football acolyte.
vialli was the top striker. it was after vialli flopped that schillacci became the cinderella of the italian team.
go back to wikipedia and read again. schillaci was a substitute in the group games.

What was Schilacci? 8 or 9? Simple its meaningless aruing who was sub or not. Baggio was a 8 So what role did Salvatore Schilacci play?

so what happened to him?

What happened to a useless striker? Same thing thats happening to Torres .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Average/mediocre players in the La Liga have now turned to demi gods in the EPL. Simple.

yes - like arteta did in everton. grin
pepe reina in liverpool? arbeola in liverpool? aurelio in liverpool? riera in liverpool?
even xabi alonso was hit n miss when he was here.

I mean how many people knew Adam Johnson before Man City?

how many people knew hernandez before man utd?

What has improved about Milner? if thats what you call improvement then I am sorry for English football

so you don't think milner plays better now for man city than he was doing in aston villa?
you need to fix your cataract.

UEFA cup? For the player of Ronaldos status is all he can say in EUrope? Same tournament won by Schalke 04 nameless players?

he got injury struck at the peak of his career.
he lost 3-4 yrs of his career to injury. so he can be excused but he still won in the continent.
mario gomez is not injury hit - what has he ever won in the continent? answers on a postcard, please.

Why do you have to hit people below the belt, We are talking about people you mentioned Arsenal fans. mmsscchhheewww

not funny!

They were not out and out strikers and goals cant be used to measure them rather its their creativity

so why did you measure berbatov's ability with goals rather than his creativity?

dayokanu:

8 play in Central midfield? Its no use discussing football with you. bring any team that played 442.

in the central midfield, dayokanu.

You mean Teddy Sherigham played beside paul ince?, You mean for Man Utd in 1999, Andy Cole played beside Roy Keane?

sheringham is a 10. he played beside alan shearer. go and watch euro 96. their shirt numbers then matched their positions mostly.
andy cole and dwight yorke were the strike partners. roy keane and scholes interchanged the 4 and 8. taking turns to defend and attack.
gerrard and lampard interchanged 4 and 8 too. one does the anchor, one drifts forward to support the attack.

dayokanu, you be proper olodo. grin so if 8 plays behind 9, where does number 10 play? in the defence? grin grin grin grin
i should draw this graphically so you have a grasp of football formation.

do you see where 4 and 8 are? can you see 10 behind 9?
dayo the german guffanti. grin cheesy
the day you take me to the cleaners in football, i would eat my own t[i]e[/i]sticles. grin

What was Schilacci? 8 or 9? Simple its meaningless aruing who was sub or not. Baggio was a 8 So what role did Salvatore Schilacci play?

baggio was a 10, schillaci was a 9.
but before schillaci got a regular shirt, it was vialli playing as a 9 and baggio outshone him.

What happened to a useless striker? Same thing thats happening to Torres .

he will soon shut you up!
mario gomez shut you up last season, same as dimitar berbatov.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
bluediva don go employ coogar and DK to come move this dead thread
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
The 4-4-2 formation is one of the most commonly used in the world game.

It is an adaptable system that gives teams strength in midfield and plenty of width. The role of central midfielders and full-backs, particularly, can change depending on how much emphasis a team is putting on defense or offense.

Full-backs are given more of an attacking role in this system than in years gone past.

The 4-4-2 formation is effective because it can be adapted based on whether a team is setting out to attack or defend.

Strikers in the 4-4-2 Formation

It is common in this system to have one striker playing high up the field capable of holding the ball up and laying it off to his partner. This player furthest up the field is often a big target man, with the physical strength to hold off defenders and bring his teammates into play.

But the front two does not have to comprise a big man and another striker running off him. Often teams choose to deploy a withdrawn striker, capable of playing in the 'hole' (the area behind the main striker) and using his creative skills to set up those around him, primarily his strike partner. Former Netherlands international Dennis Bergkamp was a prime example of this type of player

If a coach opts to field a creative player in the 'hole,' the formation transforms into a 4-4-1-1.

Whichever front two combination a coach chooses to field, the player who is not a big target man or a withdrawn creative player, is likely to be a goalscorer, with the nous to sniff out and score chances in and around the penalty area.

Central Midfielders in the 4-4-2 Formation

In a 4-4-2 formation, it is common to have one defensive midfielder and another whose job is to get forward and join the strikers in the penalty area.

The defensive midfielder is charged with breaking up opposition attacks, and when the team is on the back foot, act as an extra member of the defense. Most good teams have a player capable of screening the defense, acting as an insurance policy should the team surrender possession. Three of the best defensive midfielders currently in the game are Michael Essien, Javier Mascherano and Yaya Toure. It is players such as these that allow the team's more attacking players to push forward.

The other midfielder still has defensive responsibilities, especially when his team does not have possession. But it is key that he gets forward to support the strikers when the team have the ball, otherwise there is a risk that the front men would lack support, particularly if the wingers are not of the required quality.

http://worldsoccer.about.com/od/skillsandtactics/a/4-4-2.htm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
nateevs:

If AVB was us to excel in the way he forsees, he needs to drop JT, Ramires, Mikel, Bosingwa and Malouda and replace them appropriately.

Hey Nateevs!!!

Welcome back!  grin

But why are you repeating statements I made 2 months ago? Am I two months ahead of the curve?

I thought Lamps was the one who was supposed to be dropped, but now it seems it was the same guys I f1ngered who turned out to be the true deadweights in the team.

I thought you told me to forget everything I know about Mikel?

Meanwhile should we refer NDLEA to examine your entrails for vital evidence against Baba Suwe?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 1:13am On Nov 10, 2011
dayokanu:

http://worldsoccer.about.com/od/skillsandtactics/a/4-4-2.htm

so how has this proven the number 8 sits behind number 9?

you have only rehashed the things i have mentioned earlier in a 4-4-2.

It is common in this system to have one striker playing high up the field capable of holding the ball up and laying it off to his partner. This player furthest up the field is often a big target man, with the physical strength to hold off defenders and bring his teammates into play.

But the front two does not have to comprise a big man and another striker running off him. Often teams choose to deploy a withdrawn striker, capable of playing in the 'hole' (the area behind the main striker) and using his creative skills to set up those around him, primarily his strike partner. Former Netherlands international Dennis Bergkamp was a prime example of this type of player.

and this is no hard and fast rule. as you can see, the writer said it is common. it is not absolute.
i have seen 4-4-2s where the 2 strikers worked together in tandem. there's no big target man or small target man.
the all conquering united team of 1999 had no big man, man in the hole. andy cole and dwight yorke were both target men. same as rooney/tevez in 2008 moscow.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 1:15am On Nov 10, 2011
Justin Bieber shows his true colours. . .

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 1:18am On Nov 10, 2011
f[i]u[/i]ck justin beiber
what does he know about football?

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (100)

Bayern Munich Fans / UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona :El Clasico (2 - 3) On 23rd April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.