Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,722 members, 7,975,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:05 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (84324 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
I don’t need to know what backing he has with Roman - intelligent folk learn from their mistakes. . . .those that don’t are lacking in intelligence. It’s really that simple. Unless Roman’s backing is for him to get worse against the top sides.

silly you. You think open play against a rival is "the mistake" when insufficient defensive organization and upfront pressing could be the mistake "in the" open play. Now you are asking him to ditch his open play calling that the mistake because "YOU" think it is. . . That's daft. The philosophy is not the mistake. . . tiny parts in the philosophy that have yet to blend are the mistakes. Stop acting like you invented anything.

Confusion reigns in nateevs’ head - I thought it was ‘tactical play’ i.e. a strategy that was responsible for the loss, now it has become a philosophy? AVB’s philosophy is to lose woefully to his big rivals?

Dunce! You cannot separate tactics from philosophy. Hence the word "tactical" . . . His philosophy is not to lose woefully to rivals. His philosophy in the initial stages "could" make him lose woefully to rivals but with persistence, he "could" be better and play that same way yet achieve the desired results against big teams.

Stop mixing up things again - you do have an issue distinguishing between subjects. I have no issues with his philosophy - I have issues with his failure to appropriately adapt his strategy to achieve that philosophy.

Then you clearly do not understand what a philosophy means. Because if you do, you would know there are teething problem when wholesome changes are attempted. It's not achieved the desired results but you cannot say it won't. . . So you cannot say he is daft. If I build a new engine and it never works past 10mins at a time, it doesn't mean there's no improvement going on underneath. It just could mean the improvement could take time to come to fruition. In that time, there could be a lot of embarrassing defeats but it "could" turn out good. Until a sufficient period of time has elapsed and there is not evident change, then you can rant but for now, you should STFU!

Not at all - again you need to improve your reading comprehension. The daftness emanates from repeating the same mistakes and learning nothing from previous encounters, not from using the same strategy as such. You should re-use strategies with learnings from previous failings included - AVB is not doing that.

So how do you know he is not doing that? Because of the end result? This is big st.upidity on show. Can you break down the two games and tell me the errors you notice in the first game, that repeated in the second game? Then tell us how you think he hasn't learnt. Are you making this conclusion from the end result? Because he lost big means he repeated the same mistake? Who let this dude loose?

His goals are to win games and trophies - he has stated so clearly. If we were talking about another club then this tosh about 'getting the team to play in a certain way' might fly. We know that coaches that fail to win games/trophies at Chelski get sacked, regardless of the ‘way they play’. Scolari’s sack came on the heels of a RVP double at SB, not because of the ‘way they play’.

Carlo was sacked despite producing the best attacking football ever from Chelski two seasons ago - 'way of play' didn't save him when trophies disappeared.

His goals are to win games and trophies but you leave out the important part "in a certain way" . . . And that is the crucial part. He is not going to defend deep because United are coming to town. He is not going to play counter attacking football because City have shown up. It does not make him unintelligent. It makes him dogged. You, on the other hand, are very unintelligent for thinking the only way out of this is for him to abandon his style for the purpose of winning games. He will not compromise his style of football. . . . Why do you think he is afraid of being sacked? He will be paid off in millions. £20million at least.

So why should he not be dogged and force through his idea? It doesn't matter who's gone before him, some managers stick to what they know regardless. Stop acting like his sacking will amount to cancer of the scrotum. It won't. So there's nothing to argue about. You may think he is an  for playing the same way and losing games. He may think he's getting there, losing games yet improving behind the scenes. You have no right to class that as being unintelligent. There are no grounds for such arguments.

You also do not know what goes on behind the scenes. Stadium naming rights, buying out CPO shareholders, investing in young players, selling off high-earning players are all indications that Chelsea are trying to pursue things in the right way. . . at least for a change. You cannot argue a case of firing AVB solely on past events. . .especially when it'll cost upwards of £20m to get rid of him. (FFP rules). If you are unwilling to consider things going on in Chelsea in 2011, then you are the unintelligent one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
nateevs:

silly you. You think open play against a rival is "the mistake" when insufficient defensive organization and upfront pressing could be the mistake "in the" open play.

I have not specified what the mistake is in the terms you used; bottom-line is that the strategy is ineffective in achieving the goal. The mistake is failing to recognise the strengths of the opposition and adapting accordingly.

If he knew that his defence was disorganised, why didn’t he sort it out? Or what exactly is he paid for? To jump up and down like a deranged leprechaun? grin

Now you are asking him to ditch his open play calling that the mistake because "YOU" think it is. . . That's daft.

Maybe you can’t read - point out where I said ditch open play. I have said you tweak a strategy to achieve your goal. He is not doing that as the results indicate.

The philosophy is not the mistake. . . tiny parts in the philosophy that have yet to blend are the mistakes. Stop acting like you invented anything.

I’m not acting like I invented anything, but your shocking lack of comprehension is appalling that I need to spoon feed you every step of the way. You don’t blend a philosophy - you set it and leave it be. What gets blended are strategies to achieve that philosophy.

Dunce! You cannot separate tactics from philosophy.

Yes you can - philosophy is the overarching goal while tactics are the specifics of how the goal is achieved. This is really elementary stuff. undecided

Hence the word "tactical" . . . His philosophy is not to lose woefully to rivals. His philosophy in the initial stages "could" make him lose woefully to rivals but with persistence, he "could" be better and play that same way yet achieve the desired results against big teams.

Finally those dead synapses are firing - but only partly. His strategies may cause him to lose, till he adjusts and fine tunes them with the right manpower. However, there must be evidence of improvement on that journey. If he just does the same thing hoping for a different outcome then he isn't just daft, he's insane. grin

Then you clearly do not understand what a philosophy means. Because if you do, you would know there are teething problem when wholesome changes are attempted.

One step forward, two steps back. Lateef - the issue is not with the philosophical change in itself but how it is implemented. Besides, the correct usage here is wholesale changes, not wholesome. grin

It's not achieved the desired results but you cannot say it won't. . . So you cannot say he is daft.

He is daft - if an expensively remunerated coach cannot show improvement against major opposition and makes the same mistakes, then he is daft. Unfortunately for him, there was no referee to hide under (like he did against Utd) when Arsenal thrashed y’all

If I build a new engine and it never works past 10mins at a time, it doesn't mean there's no improvement going on underneath. It just could mean the improvement could take time to come to fruition.In that time, there could be a lot of embarrassing defeats but it "could" turn out good.

Using your example, there would be an improvement in either power output, or combustion efficiency, even if duration was still an issue. However, if there is no improvement at all and you make the same mistakes, you are displaying daftness.

Until a sufficient period of time has elapsed and there is not evident change, then you can rant but for now, you should STFU!

He has made the same mistake twice - in the fast-paced world of football there isn’t much time for repeated mistakes. It’s sink or swim - you yourself said he needs to get things right the first time no? Or have you backtracked on that as well? cheesy

So how do you know he is not doing that? Because of the end result? This is big st.upidity on show.

The worst defensive performance at SB is an improvement? Show us the improvement please. I want to hear about this grin

Can you break down the two games and tell me the errors you notice in the first game, that repeated in the second game? Then tell us how you think he hasn't learnt. Are you making this conclusion from the end result?

Defensively, you failed to deal with a fast paced, powerful counter attacking opposition - the same mistakes. Nani destroyed Cashley, Walcott destroyed Cashley. Gervinho was strolling into the box with space like it was an abandoned factory.

I can go on, but the list is endless - the same complaints about Sturridge were repeated, the same complaints about defensive organisation were repeated.

His goals are to win games and trophies but you leave out the important part "in a certain way" . . . And that is the crucial part. He is not going to defend deep because United are coming to town. He is not going to play counter attacking football because City have shown up. It does not make him unintelligent. It makes him dogged.

It makes him stupendously daft - the best manager in the EPL’s history adapts his formations/tactics as needed. If Fergie adapted to play a 5 man midfield to defeat Arsenal in previous seasons, who the fucckkk is AVB? He must be the phattest short phool in the world to think he can stick rigidly to one strategy without modification and succeed.

You, on the other hand, are very unintelligent for thinking the only way out of this is for him to abandon his style for the purpose of winning games. He will not compromise his style of football.

The best managers adapt formations to win - if he doesn’t do that he is exhibiting daftness of epic proportions. No one has talked about abandonment - modifications and improvements are essential - neither has come from boavista the hairy leprechaun. grin

So why should he not be dogged and force through his idea? It doesn't matter who's gone before him, some managers stick to what they know regardless.

And we know how it will end - the sack. grin.

You also do not know what goes on behind the scenes. Stadium naming rights, buying out CPO shareholders, investing in young players, selling off high-earning players are all indications that Chelsea are trying to pursue things in the right way. You cannot argue a case of firing AVB solely on past events. . .especially when it'll cost upwards of £20m to get rid of him. FFP rules. If you are unwilling to consider things going on in Chelsea in 2011, then you are the unintelligent one.

Buying Torres for £50m is also a sign of doing things the right way innit? Didn’t the same Chelski pay over £15m to get him in the first place? Money miss road bunch of twats. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
So the summary of what you are telling us here is Mr Wenger is also very daft and stupendously unintelligent for repeating the same mistakes season in season out for 6 years. Nothing to show for his work, no improvement but keeps at it. . .

Okay. . . In that case, I could reason with you sort of.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
nateevs:

So the summary of what you are telling us here is Mr Wenger is also very daft and stupendously unintelligent for repeating the same mistakes season in season out for 6 years. Nothing to show for his work, no improvement but keeps at it. . .

Hardly - he has mitigating factors to factor in: competing against teams with nearly unlimited budgets while he works with negative net transfer budgets. Compared to Boavista, Wenger is a genius. grin

To measure improvement, you need to consider the input versus output before making a conclusion.

Give Boavista a negative transfer budget for 2 seasons in England and he will be blowing useless grammar with Martinez in the bottom 3. grin

Let's even look at this season - beaten at Utd 8-2, goes to Chelski, beats them 5-3. Clear improvement. grin

Okay. . . In that case, I could reason with you sort of.

Don't give up so easily - point out the improvements in Chelski's play from the Utd game to the Arsenal game. If you can show me the improvement, then I'll consider retracting my statement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
So Wenger has mitigating factors eh? Paying mediocre players enormous amount of money. Have you compared your wage bill to United's lately? Tell me the calibre of players who earn this money. You must be an absolute tool talking to us about Wenger's mitigating factors. . . You think we are idiots?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Wenger, like you pointed out, is an unrepentant unintelligent daftie, who continues to tell us the money is there to sign a defender if he wants, yet continues to under-achieve year in year out with no sign of improvement. Unless you are telling us what you have been saying is crap.

To measure improvement, you have to give some time. Call him names all you like. What I am very sure about is you will eat your humble pie on a large plate. I will not continue to argue with you about what AVB can and cannot do. We will see at the end of the season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
nateevs:

So Wenger has mitigating factors eh? Paying mediocre players enormous amount of money. Have you compared your wage bill to United's lately? Tell me the calibre of players who earn this money. You must be an absolute tool talking to us about Wenger's mitigating factors. . . You think we are idiots?

So there's more than one nateevs or you're suffering from MPD? Jeepers!!!  shocked shocked grin

To answer the question to the one nateevs (or numerous imaginary nateevses grin) yes you are idiots - short, pudgy and hairy ones. grin

What about comparing your wage bill to Utd's yet they bested you last season no? Bunch of wastepipes. grin

Our wage costs are 4th in the league or thereabouts, so on that basis we are on par comparing performance vs wages. Our transfer expenditure is way below others so we are outperforming on that measure. Being on par on one and outperforming on the other equals an above par performance in total.

If you had any sense at all you'd realise these simple things. But hey, we're talking about Lateefu who thinks people fine tune philosophies and blend them not strategies. The same lateefu that cannot comprehend tweaking of strategies and considers any change as abandoning them grin

You have no idea what you are talking about. Wenger, like you pointed out, is an unrepentant unintelligent daftie, who continues to tell us the money is there to sign a defender if he wants, yet continues to under-achieve year in year out with no sign of improvement. Unless you are telling us what you have been saying is crap.

Wenger is simply managing information - he is a spin doctor and many of his words should be regarded as statements of aspiration and not statements of fact. It takes intelligent people to sift through and classify accordingly. As previous exchanges have proven, you are sorely lacking in the ability to make any such intelligent delineations. grin

To measure improvement, you have to give some time. Call him names all you like. What I am very sure about is you will eat your humble pie on a large plate. I will not continue to argue with you about what AVB can and cannot do. We will see at the end of the season.

AVB has failed two tests already - his third one is coming soon. . . . Instead of focusing his energies on correcting his team's flaws, he was screaming about the ref and conspiracy, next thing na akpako from Arsenal followed by radio silence. grin

I'm still waiting for your improvements between the Utd game and Arsenal game - just state the facts, no arguments. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chamotex(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
debosky:

AVB has failed two tests already - his third one is coming soon. . . . Instead of focusing his energies on correcting his team's flaws, he was screaming about the ref and conspiracy, next thing na akpako from Arsenal followed by radio silence. grin

I'm still waiting for your improvements between the Utd game and Arsenal game - just state the facts, no arguments. grin

Kpakam grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2011
debosky:

villash-boash hasn't failed any test in my opinion. his only flaw is he's trying to do too much too fast.

his vision as a manager is very different from jose mourinho and he is much more attack oriented. the players he inherited for the most part don't suit the tactical model he's trying to build, so struggles at least in the beginning are inevitable.

you can't play high defensive line if your centre backs lack pace and in order to emulate in any shape or form barcelona type football which is apparently what he strives for you need to have technically gifted players in the midfield that are capable of keeping possession and moving the ball fast.

the fact that old guard that used to carry the team in the past are clearly past their peak doesn't help matters, either. what we are currently witnessing is a blip - most likely caused by the teething pains adapting to villash-boash style of play
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
villash-boash hasn't failed any test in my opinion. his only flaw is he's trying to do too much too fast.

I love this statement.
Personally, i think AVB should aim for only the FA cup this season.

Forget what he did at Porto, AVB is still a rookie manager.
This ain't Porto, this is England where old horses like Fergie rule.

AVB should study the turf and know exactly what managing an English club entails.
Only geniuses like JM can come in the first season and take Fergie to the cleaners.

BTW, i think AVB will become one of the greats with time.
I hope RA will have some patience this time around.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
coogar:

his vision as a manager is very different from jose mourinho and he is much more attack oriented. the players he inherited for the most part don't suit the tactical model he's trying to build, so struggles at least in the beginning are inevitable.

you can't play high defensive line if your centre backs lack pace and in order to emulate in any shape or form barcelona type football which is apparently what he strives for you need to have technically gifted players in the midfield that are capable of keeping possession and moving the ball fast.

the fact that old guard that used to carry the team in the past are clearly past their peak doesn't help matters, either. what we are currently witnessing is a blip - most likely caused by the teething pains adapting to villash-boash style of play

Ssssshh Coogar! You are making too much sense. Unfortunately that is not allowed when you are having a conversation with Debo.
According to him, AVB is a daft, unintelligent young manager who does not possess the ability to adapt his team for prevailing conditions and destined for failure and not for the resources at his disposal, will be contending with Wigan at the bottom of the table.

To help Debo see this is any other way is like trying ride a horse across a sea. Why bother?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
BlueDiva:

AVB should study the turf and know exactly what managing an English club entails.
Only geniuses like JM can come in the first season and take Fergie to the cleaners.

Are you serious? He was with JM for 3 seasons. He did all of JM's scouting work.
He studied the opposition and proffered solutions based on the model JM worked with . . .
JM called him "my eyes and ears" . . . . And now you think he needs to study what it takes to manage in England?
How ridiculous!

You guys just do not get it. He already has a working model on a plate. He doesn't even have to revisit it.
He knows what to do to win 1-0 and remain unbeaten because he did all the spade work.

He however chooses not to win that way. That's the point and that's got absolutely nothing to do with not knowing what how to manage in England. Instead he chose to use the Bobby Robson model.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
BlueDiva:

I love this statement.

this was how i saw his signing way back in june!

coogar:

i am willing to bet he won't survive a season in the premier league. villas-boas is an excellent manager but asking him to swim with the sharks in the premier league at this stage is premature. he won't succeed like mourinho because of one single fact - mourinho was given the resources to revamp the squad in the way he wanted. what is villa-boas going to do to the cache of old armoury already in chelsea? sell them and get new ones or he'll just continue to walk with the old dogs?

then there's the issue of the media pressure attached to managing a club like chelsea. . . .the role was bread and butter for jose mourinho. it was something he craved even before coming to england. is villas-boas that kind of man? will he act normal when skysports journalists stick their mics in his face after a bad loss? will he cope or sink under pressure like scolari did? these are the issues. chelsea will ruin this charismatic excellent manager cos if he fails to succeed, his stock will sink and it will be damn too unfortunate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
BlueDiva:

I love this statement.

Only geniuses like JM can come in the first season and take Fergie to the cleaners

jose mourinho was lucky.
he was given the time and cash to build his own squad at a time roman abramovic was happy to spend loads of money.
besides, the quality of the rivals then was mehhhhhhh! united had djemba-djemba, richardson, caroll, silvestre and other quacks in their midfield.

these days, villas-boas is dealing with man city(with possibly the strongest squad in europe), man utd(won 4/5 last league titles) and other teams have stepped up - tottenham, arsenal, liverpool, etc.
if jose comes back to manage chelsea, there's no guarantee he would win the league for the next 5 yrs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2011
nateevs:

Are you serious? He was with JM for 3 seasons. He did all of JM's scouting work.
He studied the opposition and proffered solutions based on the model JM worked with . . .
JM called him "my eyes and ears" . . . . And now you think he needs to study what it takes to manage in England?
How ridiculous!

You guys just do not get it. He already has a working model on a plate. He doesn't even have to revisit it.
He knows what to do to win 1-0 and remain unbeaten because he did all the spade work.

He however chooses not to win that way. That's the point and that's got absolutely nothing to do with not knowing what how to manage in England. Instead he chose to use the Bobby Robson model.

AVB is still very much learning. That you were an assistant for JM doesn't make you an experienced manager.
He can't use JM's model because RA is paying him not to use JM's model.

BTW, attempting to win 1 nil will be a disaster.
You have to consider the fact that we have a whole new crop of players now in our squad and in the league.
You also have to take into consideration the influence of the managers personality on players motivation and morale.

AVB has potentials to become very great but is he a world class manager at the moment? No.
For now i will rate AVB a 6.5.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2011
coogar:

jose mourinho was lucky.
he was given the time and cash to build his own squad at a time roman abramovic was happy to spend loads of money.
besides, the quality of the rivals then was mehhhhhhh! united had djemba-djemba, richardson, caroll, silvestre and other quacks in their midfield.

these days, villas-boas is dealing with man city(with possibly the strongest squad in europe), man utd(won 4/5 last league titles) and other teams have stepped up - tottenham, arsenal, liverpool, etc.
if jose comes back to manage chelsea, there's no guarantee he would win the league for the next 5 yrs.

*yawns*

This line is over flogged.

Lucky in Inter and now in Madrid?
A good manager is a good manager.

Lord knows how long it took Mancini to win anything with all the billions spent.
I've lost count of how many managers Madrid sacked after bringing in all the galacticos with nothing to show for it.

Cougar,
If AVB was the manager of City right now, are you certain he will win the league?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
BlueDiva:

*yawns*

This line is over flogged.

Lucky in Inter and now in Madrid?
A good manager is a good manager.

Lord knows how long it took Mancini to win anything with all the billions spent.
I've lost count of how many managers Madrid sacked after bringing in all the galacticos with nothing to show for it.

you really don't know your football, do you?

Cougar,
If AVB was the manager of City right now, are you certain he will win the league?

with dzeko, balotelli, aguero
silva, toure, barry, milner, etc?

he would have notched 33 points out of 11 games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ Nateevs

What is your analysis of our team right now?
Attack, midfield and defence?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
coogar:

you really don't know your football, do you?

with dzeko, balotelli, aguero
silva, toure, barry, milner, etc?

he would have notched 33 points out of 11 games.

No. School me. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
Nateevs surely spews a load of fuckeries on here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2011
Make Nateevs dey there dey yarn nonsense about philosophy and strategy.

Incase una no know, Chelsea spent the most money in the summer with £72m, £1m more than Citeh, yet some peeps insist that Chelsea is not spending sufficiently to challenge.

All that money was spent, yet AVB could not squeeze a penny out to buy the Right-back or Defensive Midfielder to make his system work.

£30m of that cash was even spent on 2 players who have no contribution to our first-team (Tibault Courtois and Romelu Lukaku)

According to Nateevs, everything Im saying about high-line of defence is obvious, yet I've been saying the same thing since Scolari in 2008 and Ancelotti in 2009 yet he always disagreed.

Once again, AVB is too cavalier in his approach considering our lack of pace in vital areas. I insist as I have since 2008 that if a manager wants to play high-line, then Mikel and John Terry cannot be part of his set-up, yet Nateevs told me to "forget everything I'm saying about Mikel" just 2 months ago.

The same Nateevs told us the likes of Sturridge would make Torres shine, now he is holding Sturridge as culprit for Torres not shining. I told him all along that such excuses hold no water as Anelka is more of a team-player than Sturridge.

Can someone explain why shekpe keeper shines for 4 or 5 games, has one bad game and for the next 2 games looks like a League 2 player?

Can you trust a player with such mental fragility? A player who could lose form so quickly? To challenge effectively, you need a striker who turns up for almost every game, not one who turns up 50% of the time, or 25% of the time. Now the mentally weak Spaniard is complaining that "London is a huge city" and "not enough Spanish voices in the dressing room" hence he hasnt settled. Few weeks ago, the "midfield was too slow". I wonder what he would say next week. grin

Finally, if I start quoting Nateevs posts about Lampard being "finished" just 7 weeks ago, we would have a field day up in here. . . but I dont wanna go there!  grin grin grin

Since January 2011, Lampard has scored 19 goals (2 penalties) for Chelsea whilst Torres has scored 5 goals for Chelsea. Put that in ya pipe and smoke it Mr Shekpe Keeper!  grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
Chelsea FC front-man Fernando Torres has cited the city of London as the main culprit for his lack of goals since arriving from the Merseyside.

“Chelsea is in London, a huge city. I come from Madrid, also a great European capital, but this is much more of everything, for good and for bad,” Torres told reporters

http://www.soccernews.com/fernando-torres-blames-london-for-lack-of-production/82524/

‘It’s been difficult for me to adapt here compared to when I arrived in Liverpool, a more comfortable place, smaller, where I was surrounded by Spanish team-mates.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2059773/Fernando-Torres-admits-tough-Chelsea.html#ixzz1dRIg1SNQ

[size=18pt]What a loser[/size]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:09am On Nov 12, 2011
greed nor,make am see road na, imagine how much better it would have been uf he stayed and paired suarez. that one cant play point effectively, torres excelled at it, he was worshipped there.

no he just had to go join a burning ship.

all this boavista yarn, person wey nor go last the season. una get time o, leave lateef with im philisophy megedefegede. na philisophy dem employ am for?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
nateevs:

How ridiculous!

Yet he couldn't find a way to defeat Utd or Arsenal right? Oh wait. . . . his philosophy is to lose to Arsenal and Utd. grin

These days anyone who has worked in a football club, be it a cleaner, typist (AVB) or a driver doesn't need to study what it takes to manage. undecided

He understands England, understands Fergie and Wenger but lost catastrophically to both. . . . I like that type of understanding. grin

My friend sharrap! That he provided match reports and team previews (what espn/skysports journalists do every week) doesn't mean he knows diddlysquat about setting up a team to win games.

My friend sharrap again! He 'chooses' not to win that way? So basically he 'chose' to lose to Utd and Arsenal? Unbounded fuckery from Nateevs as usual.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
BlueDiva:

No. School me.  grin

villas-boas is a bloody excellent manager!

he is working with geriatrics/quacks and largely players who have wandered past their prime.
the loss to arsenal was not entirely his fault. the players should get the blame for that performance.

if chelsea had lead 4-1 before half time, no arsenal fan would have complained about the scoreline.
yes, arsenal were that lethargic at the back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ibime:

Make Nateevs dey there dey yarn nonsense about philosophy and strategy.

Incase una no know, Chelsea spent the most money in the summer with £72m, £1m more than Citeh,

And this is the 'new' Chelski where things are changing according to Lateefu. grin

The daftness of AVB in certain instances does not mean he is a complete idio.t, but when he makes blatant mistakes in an blaze of hubris, he needs to be called out.

Even the best managers have moments of daftness, so I'm actually at a loss as to what Nateevs is defending here - so AVB cannot make mistakes? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
coogar:

That in itself is a mistake is it not? Is it intelligent to take on more than your squad is ready for? After getting smashed once, to do the same thing again is a display of hubris is it not?

A 'struggle' is losing a close game or just failing to achieve what you intended - it is not losing 5-3 to the 'worst Arsenal team in 15 years'.

So why is AVB doing this? Is he expecting Terry to suddenly develop pace again or expecting Mikel to become Busquets overnight? grin

Contradictions - if the players cannot do what he wants, what makes you think they will ever be able to do it? Will Mikel and Terry change? Will Bosingwa change?

In one breath the players cannot play his formations because of their inherent limitations, the next the issue is adapting to his style of play? Which is which? If players like Mikel for example can never play Barca-style football, isn't modifying the playing style till you get the right players the obvious thing to do?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
Lampard just scores the winner for England whilst Shekpe keeper ride the bench. Maybe there are "too many Spanish voices" in the Spanish dressing room for Shekpe keeper's liking. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ibime:

Lampard just scores the winner for England whilst Shekpe keeper ride the bench. Maybe there are "too many Spanish voices" in the Spanish dressing room for Shekpe keeper's liking. cheesy

as if the goal was due to his brilliance.
my puppy would have scored that. . . .it was a rebound, ibime with no one in the post.
stop being economical with the truth. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
coogar:

as if the goal was due to his brilliance.
my puppy would have scored that. . . .it was a rebound, ibime with no one in the post.
stop being economical with the truth. grin

It's funny how he keeps scoring rebounds all his career. . . . when everyone stops running at the edge of the box, Lampard is the only one who continues. Its called ANTICIPATION mixed with STAMINA! If only shekpe keeper had some of that, he wouldnt have scored only 1/4 of the goals Lampard has scored since January. Shekpe keeper should be ashamed that a 33 year old midfielder is outscoring him by 4 to 1.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ibime:

It's funny how he keeps scoring rebounds all his career. . . . when everyone stops running at the edge of the box, Lampard is the only one who continues. Its called ANTICIPATION mixed with STAMINA! If only shekpe keeper had some of that, he wouldnt have scored only 1/4 of the goals Lampard has scored since January. Shekpe keeper should be ashamed that a 33 year old midfielder is outscoring him by 4 to 1.

torres once scored 33 goals in the english league.
educate me about lampard's stats. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
coogar:

torres once scored 33 goals in the english league.
educate me about lampard's stats. angry

You need education about a strikers goal vs a midfielders?
Whats next compare his goals ratio to that of John Terry?

Torres is a complete failure and an overrated layer, the earlier you accept that the better

First of all which season did Torres score 33 goals in English league? Or you need some schooling again?

Since Torres came to EPL he has scored 76 goals for his club in all games and Lampard a midfielder has scored 86 goals for his own club

Should we also consider assists?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/8941/frank-lampard?cc=5901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/24257/fernando-jose-torres-sanz?cc=5901
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
dayokanu:

You need education about a strikers goal vs a midfielders?
Whats next compare his goals ratio to that of John Terry?

you are a tool!
so why did ibime compare them in the first place?
open your eyes and tell me who started the comparison.

Torres is a complete failure and an overrated layer, the earlier you accept that the better

he is a spanish international!

First of all which season did Torres score 33 goals in English league? Or you need some schooling again?

2007/8 or you want to rewrite history for fernando torres?
goof-merchant!

schooling? and you dunno where a 10 plays in a 4-4-2.
you should be ashamed of yourself! you have one hell of recovery to have the balls to be engaging me in a debate after sending you to your grave during the week.

Since Torres came to EPL he has scored 76 goals for his club in all games and Lampard a midfielder has scored 86 goals for his own club

you are a guffanti. torres has scored 81 goals in 142 games in england - lampard has 177 goals in 524 for chelsea and you are doing dumb comparison.

Should we also consider assists?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/8941/frank-lampard?cc=5901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/24257/fernando-jose-torres-sanz?cc=5901

let's compare what they have won for their countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Liverpool vs Chelsea: UEFA Super Cup (2(5) - (4) 2) On 14th August 2019 / Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.