Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws (18549 Views)

Kano State Vat More Than The Whole South East State Combined-photo / Six States Oppose FG’s Compulsory COVID-19 Vaccination Plan / VAT War: Southwest States To Oppose FIRS, Plan Joint Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Ilaumoh(m): 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kinematics:

Lol.
But on a serious note I'm missing those your threads, or is there nothing happening in Udom's government for you to hype?

Abi u don run out of ideas..
Check illaumoh he as been posting and I think Huncho gee is now running is game company now.. work as not given me time to post and pls for the last time am posting to promote my state and not posting for the government ok
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Kinematics: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Check illaumoh he as been posting and I think Huncho gee is now running is game company now.. work as not given me time to post and pls for the last time am posting to promote my state and not posting for the government ok

Enjoy your promotion. But please do 1 thing, investigate most of the things you post before posting it. Especially some lies and crass ignorance you display some times in most of your titles.

I know some are click baits shaa..
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Ilaumoh(m): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kinematics:

Enjoy your promotion. But please do 1 thing, investigate most of the things you post before posting it. Especially some lies and crass ignorance you display some times in most of your titles.

I know some are click baits shaa..
Hmmm you can’t hold your sef to getting someone provoked abi… Just enjoy your sef
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Kinematics: 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Hmmm you can’t hold your sef to getting someone provoked abi… Just enjoy your sef

I ain't provoking you bro... I'm only advising you..
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by spirul77: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
mamaafrik:
The moment Akwaibom,cross river , Edo,ogun and delta state join forget it even banditry and Bokoharam will die a Natural death.
who will deliberate, implement the law in edo state when the state doesn't have, local govt chairman, no commissioners, no special advisers, nothing nothing for almost one year?

2 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Kennitrust(m): 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
The beginning of restructure

What you cannot get peacefully can be achieve by violent

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by BruncleZuma: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by bluefilm: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
mamaafrik:
The moment Akwaibom,cross river , Edo,ogun and delta state join forget it even banditry and Bokoharam will die a Natural death.

Why do you say so?
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by NOwazobia: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Let it be all man for himself.
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
How can Kano generate 2.9B and still get 2.9B and they say "We are one Nigeria"

If the North had what half the South, West and East has,they would have Divided....

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
No be National Assembly enact the Federal Tax laws? Isn’t it these same laws pdp used for 16 years? All these noise thinking they are doing President Buhari, cut your nose to spite their ears?

Same thing they did with Endsars, after everything Police didn’t change, actually they became more pathetic, insecurity is worse, they will look for a scapegoat & blame the President for their own ignorant actions. Tomorrow we will hear the Governor has stolen all the monies collected via VAT for his re-election,yet the President has refused to invite EFCC?
there is no need to bring PDP or APC here its purely states talking irrespective of political parties ie Lagos and Rivers one APC one PDP, or E never clear for your eyes still??

8 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by oviexcels(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
bobowaja:

@bolded. All these fallacious arguments of state govs stealing cos you lots don't want to let go of the feeding states you love to hate. What has FG being doing with the funds all these while if not stealing from the richer states to give poorer ones and corrupt politicians? Is it not better for my own brother to steal than for a stranger to do so and still spite me?

Moreover, this action will bring governance down to state level. We know who to hold responsible. My house to my gov house na N200 go come and it is within 10minutes of driving. Unlike all road leads to Abuja politics where no common man have access to the Aso Rock without getting shots by the trigger happy security agents.

This actions will make govs more accountable and responsible. And after this war, we will fight the LG war to further bring governance down to the grassroots.

That is how it ought to be.

You have said it all, more sense to your brain.

2 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Lordofalmajiri(f): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Delta state and cross river should follow

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by pixey(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
No be National Assembly enact the Federal Tax laws? Isn’t it these same laws pdp used for 16 years? All these noise thinking they are doing President Buhari, cut your nose to spite their ears?

Same thing they did with Endsars, after everything Police didn’t change, actually they became more pathetic, insecurity is worse, they will look for a scapegoat & blame the President for their own ignorant actions. Tomorrow we will hear the Governor has stolen all the monies collected via VAT for his re-election,yet the President has refused to invite EFCC?
Oga ! This is beyond buhari or APC or PDP. it's better this way.

7 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by bobowaja(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
oviexcels:

You have said it all, more sense to your brain.
Thanks Baba

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by YESSConsulting(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
More accountable to who, how much IGR was realized by your state for the last 5 years, what was it spent on, can you tell me? Even if I gave you 3 months to provide evidence you wouldn’t? Your jargon response just reiterated my point you think all these your chasing shadows is hurting President Buhari?

Chasing shadows mocking yourselves? The States shouting we want to go it alone are the states in which the Federal Government has invested heavily in the past? Rivers & Lagos State most especially, NDDC just dashed their former HQ to Rivers State, What Federal infrastructures has the Federal Government got in your State’s capital city?

Selfish elements, what most of you ignorant peeps don’t know is that 85% stays with the state, 50% State, 35% Local Government, remainder 15% FG, What is the noise about, isn’t Nigeria one country?, don’t we have southern Nigerians that school, live & work in the North?, Lagos Kano, Kaduna Lagos are sold out flights everyday.

Stop crying

6 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by realray(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
bobowaja:

@bolded. All these fallacious arguments of state govs stealing cos you lots don't want to let go of the feeding states you love to hate. What has FG being doing with the funds all these while if not stealing from the richer states to give poorer ones and corrupt politicians? Is it not better for my own brother to steal than for a stranger to do so and still spite me?

Moreover, this action will bring governance down to state level. We know who to hold responsible. My house to my gov house na N200 go come and it is within 10minutes of driving. Unlike all road leads to Abuja politics where no common man have access to the Aso Rock without getting shots by the trigger happy security agents.

This actions will make govs more accountable and responsible. And after this war, we will fight the LG war to further bring governance down to the grassroots.

God bless you my Brother, honestly I agree with you 100percent on this and also this is not about buhari or the northerners it's about restructuring even federal government must at some point will agree to it or else it will lead to war because the north are not contributing anything to the economy yet they're arrogant and heartless in milking the Southerners dry...... enough of all this oppression...#WE_MOVE

7 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by joyandfaith: 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
You agree with my assertion, yet you still post an X Ray picture of your skull?

That is not X-ray picture. Ok?

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Truthissupreme: 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
It is not like you know anything, all you want is headline, Federal Government, it must be President Buhari, I am against, never any critical opposition with common sense?

My take, let the Local Government Keep their money, why give it to the state Governor?, all we asking for is true federalism, State Government is my problem, not Federal, only blind Almijiris keep chasing Federal like a foolish dog barking @ a flying bird, wasn’t the FIRS there before President Buhari smelt the air inside Aso Rock?
local government have a defined segment to collect revenue from eg parks, stores etc

Majority of the VAT you are expecting them to collect is not in their jurisdiction

State collects the ones beyond LGA yet within the state

FG has no law defining the VAT it collects in every state

Apart from maybe imports, shipping, exports that is external

2 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by GEEBITE: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
You are getting worse with your argument and you are beginning to sound like a broken record.
Buckeyemedia1:
It is not like you know anything, all you want is headline, Federal Government, it must be President Buhari, I am against, never any critical opposition with common sense?

My take, let the Local Government Keep their money, why give it to the state Governor?, all we asking for is true federalism, State Government is my problem, not Federal, only blind Almijiris keep chasing Federal like a foolish dog barking @ a flying bird, wasn’t the FIRS there before President Buhari smelt the air inside Aso Rock?

6 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by passthem(m): 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
You're pained but why ?
All we need is a decentralized government.

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Lawmak: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:

Story for the Gods. You are talking trash here. The southern governors had found a begining point and an indirect means of implementing true federalism. This is a whole new thing.
Hisbah police should continue with their Sharia laws.
Northerners are ingrates. Ungrateful set of individuals. You feed them from the proceeds of the South and all they care is to hold on to power.
Southern states should take charge of all taxes and use it to develop their states.
I stopped paying to FIRS when I realised that their is no meaning paying to federal government.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by darthv: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Every Local Government should keep their revenue, why should Eti-Osa Local Government, share their IGR with Alimosho Local Government, for the state Governor to be controlling their revenue? Since everyone wants to create their own laws that suits them?
bandit

2 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by WinForever(m): 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Provided the change will positively impact on the lives of the common man!

REMEMBER THAT...
If you have JESUS, you have everything!
Accept Jesus today as your personal Lord and
Saviour, and He will keep you safe when every
other thing fails, even unto eternity!
Tomorrow may be too late!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by 2tec(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
Master the art of creating short and interesting videos and thrive in the digital world.

The one-day training offers participants an incredible opportunity to independently and confidently plan, shoot and edit exciting short videos to tell inspiring stories.

Click https://wildlifeafrica.org/2021/08/30/smartphone-video-for-social-media-svsm-2021/ to register.

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by wink2015(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
More accountable to who, how much IGR was realized by your state for the last 5 years, what was it spent on, can you tell me? Even if I gave you 3 months to provide evidence you wouldn’t? Your jargon response just reiterated my point you think all these your chasing shadows is hurting President Buhari?

Chasing shadows mocking yourselves? The States shouting we want to go it alone are the states in which the Federal Government has invested heavily in the past? Rivers & Lagos State most especially, NDDC just dashed their former HQ to Rivers State, What Federal infrastructures has the Federal Government got in your State’s capital city?

Selfish elements, what most of you ignorant peeps don’t know is that 85% stays with the state, 50% State, 35% Local Government, remainder 15% FG, What is the noise about, isn’t Nigeria one country?, don’t we have southern Nigerians that school, live & work in the North?, Lagos Kano, Kaduna Lagos are sold out flights everyday.

As long as this proposed vat ruling get rid of the parasitic northern Nigeria the core north to be specific.

I am okay with it.

The fundamental thing we in the south are driving at is true federalism.

Leave corruption fight or argument for a latter date

8 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by tnerro1(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Someone says he doesn’t want to share his money with you, instead of you to man up and make your own money, you are busy telling the person he will regret for not sharing his money with you. Who does that if not a thief and a parasite?

After the VAT battle is won, the southern states should create a wealth fund where rich southern states can contribute money to help uplift the lower southern states till they can get to their feet. The north should also help themselves.

After this, we need state police, so we can weed out the parasites that would want to migrate from their terrorist infested north to a developing southern Nigeria and yet not want to contribute to her development .

Las las the south will be the ones to enjoy this “ONE NIGERIA “

10 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by shadeyinka(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2021

2 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by mecussey(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
bobowaja:

Don't mind that Fulani janjaweedd. Anything that will take the parasites away from the host is a problem to them. I am not surprised, even malaria parasite fights back when you administer anti parasite drugs.

6 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by bobowaja(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
realray:

God bless you my Brother, honestly I agree with you 100percent on this and also this is not about buhari or the northerners it's about restructuring even federal government must at some point will agree to it or else it will lead to war because the north are not contributing anything to the economy yet they're arrogant and heartless in milking the Southerners dry...... enough of all this oppression...#WE_MOVE
I hail boss

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by realstars: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
This Must Happen Under Buhari's wak Govenment.

2 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by realstars: 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
This Must Happen Under Buhari's Weak Govenment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2022 Insecurity: Deaths By Geopolitical Zone (infographic) / Photos Of Abba Moro,Others In Court Today, Bail Application Deferred To Tomorrow / We Will Beg Muhammadu Buhari To Contest 2019 Election - Adebayo Shittu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.