Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,266 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:33 PM

VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws (18569 Views)

Kano State Vat More Than The Whole South East State Combined-photo / Six States Oppose FG’s Compulsory COVID-19 Vaccination Plan / VAT War: Southwest States To Oppose FIRS, Plan Joint Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by mamaafrik(m): 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
bluefilm:

Why do you say so?
they the arranger of insurgency will tell their pikin to stop the drama
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by mamaafrik(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
No be National Assembly enact the Federal Tax laws? Isn’t it these same laws pdp used for 16 years? All these noise thinking they are doing President Buhari, cut your nose to spite their ears?

Same thing they did with Endsars, after everything Police didn’t change, actually they became more pathetic, insecurity is worse, they will look for a scapegoat & blame the President for their own ignorant actions. Tomorrow we will hear the Governor has stolen all the monies collected via VAT for his re-election,yet the President has refused to invite EFCC?
i guess the Terrorist and insurgency sponsored by north is preferable.

4 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Okhuadams(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ilaumoh:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/vat-more-states-oppose-firs-ogun-edo-akwa-ibom-consider-tax-laws/%3famp
they should collect their tax and pay FG their own. Then they fight in collecting, and managing their natural resources

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by tnerro1(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
The 36 state government took the FG to court, that the FG is not supposed to collect stamp duty that it is the duty of the states to collect stamp duty.

Yet some of these 36 state government wants the Same FG to collect VAT on their behalf.

Who is fooling who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by PENNYSWAP: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
bobowaja:

This shows further that you are ignorant. There is no law backing the firs or any fed govt agencies to collect vat. That was why the firs secretly sent a letter to nass to input the vat in exclusive list.

So you see there is no law your father and mine made to make FG collect these taxes nor was any agreement between us for the loopsides sharing formula. It is just an high-class fraud to start with and the feeding states says enough, only for the parasites to start crying bloody tears.

To me, every state can survive, either north or south. There are some northern states that will even fare better than southern ones. Example is Kano, Kaduna and zamfara (if this one can manage its gold).

You guys just want to be lazy and collect free money. Cos I don't see why you should be bittered about this....

At least northern states won’t be issuing quite notice up and down ...

Cuz they need human resource to generate vat.. no longer fed money for giving notice

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by poiZon: 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
No be National Assembly enact the Federal Tax laws? Isn’t it these same laws pdp used for 16 years? All these noise thinking they are doing President Buhari, cut your nose to spite their ears?

Same thing they did with Endsars, after everything Police didn’t change, actually they became more pathetic, insecurity is worse, they will look for a scapegoat & blame the President for their own ignorant actions. Tomorrow we will hear the Governor has stolen all the monies collected via VAT for his re-election,yet the President has refused to invite EFCC?
The thing pain this one very very well.. aboki don't worry, una go make more money from HAT.. Hisbah antialcohol tax. Leave VAT for us mbok ette.

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by bobowaja(m): 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
mecussey:

Don't mind that Fulani janjaweedd. Anything that will take the parasites away from the host is a problem to them. I am not surprised, even malaria parasite fights back when you administer anti parasite drugs.
Yes you re right on this. Parasite won't let go easily.

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by decasey(m): 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
More accountable to who, how much IGR was realized by your state for the last 5 years, what was it spent on, can you tell me? Even if I gave you 3 months to provide evidence you wouldn’t? Your jargon response just reiterated my point you think all these your chasing shadows is hurting President Buhari?

Chasing shadows mocking yourselves? The States shouting we want to go it alone are the states in which the Federal Government has invested heavily in the past? Rivers & Lagos State most especially, NDDC just dashed their former HQ to Rivers State, What Federal infrastructures has the Federal Government got in your State’s capital city?

Selfish elements, what most of you ignorant peeps don’t know is that 85% stays with the state, 50% State, 35% Local Government, remainder 15% FG, What is the noise about, isn’t Nigeria one country?, don’t we have southern Nigerians that school, live & work in the North?, Lagos Kano, Kaduna Lagos are sold out flights everyday.
hahahaha, this man is so paind because of this VAT issue. Oga so you be want make them carry NDDC office go Katsina or Kano

3 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Mangekyo: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Once Delta state join this matter, e Don finish.
The only state I know that is bigger than the FG. delta state is the Don! The senior man!
Make abokeys just run come here with their gold while signing the agreement to be our slaves forever... Maybe then we could reconsider.

Note: even if the abokeys give us everything they have including signing the agreement to be our slaves forever, it's only gonna push the probability of we deciding to do what they want to 0.001% grin
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by hotseat: 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
What has been exposed and brought to the public domain is that the central government lacks the constitutional backing to collect VAT on behalf of states.

Except the FIRS gets a Jankara judgement from our jujuciary, it would be a hard nut to crack because the central government has been collecting VAT on behalf of states illegally and unconstitutionally all these while.

Governor Wike has just opened everyone's eyes to this gross anomaly.

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Fcwilly: 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
The point is, make the centre unattractive, let states have more funds, and let those that did not have work on themselves, then the rush to Abuja will reduce. That is restructuring, if banditry and kidnapping should continue in the North then they are likely to get a better VAT in Ransome from those guys.

I see freedom coming to the southern Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by bjdon: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
More accountable to who, how much IGR was realized by your state for the last 5 years, what was it spent on, can you tell me? Even if I gave you 3 months to provide evidence you wouldn’t? Your jargon response just reiterated my point you think all these your chasing shadows is hurting President Buhari?

Chasing shadows mocking yourselves? The States shouting we want to go it alone are the states in which the Federal Government has invested heavily in the past? Rivers & Lagos State most especially, NDDC just dashed their former HQ to Rivers State, What Federal infrastructures has the Federal Government got in your State’s capital city?

Selfish elements, what most of you ignorant peeps don’t know is that 85% stays with the state, 50% State, 35% Local Government, remainder 15% FG, What is the noise about, isn’t Nigeria one country?, don’t we have southern Nigerians that school, live & work in the North?, Lagos Kano, Kaduna Lagos are sold out flights everyday.
Stop crying. This is how a federal system is supposed to work. There is no honour in being parasites, from generation to generation.

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by NkanAkpanika: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
shadeyinka:

Good, Restructuring has started small small
Yes oo

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Kaiser20: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
No wonder most lazy state governors run everyday to Abuja to say long live Mr Buhari, instead of serving the citizens who voted them into office.

2 Likes

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by tollyboy5(m): 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:

Lol endsars no more killing of rich youth in my hood.
It seems you don't know what started endsars

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Temi2468: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
bobowaja:

@bolded. All these fallacious arguments of state govs stealing cos you lots don't want to let go of the feeding states you love to hate. What has FG being doing with the funds all these while if not stealing from the richer states to give poorer ones and corrupt politicians? Is it not better for my own brother to steal than for a stranger to do so and still spite me?

Moreover, this action will bring governance down to state level. We know who to hold responsible. My house to my gov house na N200 go come and it is within 10minutes of driving. Unlike all road leads to Abuja politics where no common man have access to the Aso Rock without getting shots by the trigger happy security agents.

This actions will make govs more accountable and responsible. And after this war, we will fight the LG war to further bring governance down to the grassroots.

That is how it ought to be.

Thank you jare.
I pray more states join.
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by rotadeco27: 11:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
Truthissupreme:
local government have a defined segment to collect revenue from eg parks, stores etc

Majority of the VAT you are expecting them to collect is not in their jurisdiction

State collects the ones beyond LGA yet within the state

FG has no law defining the VAT it collects in every state

Apart from maybe imports, shipping, exports that is external

The guy is not concerned about the local government, but pained because the zoo is falling and free money they make them quest for power is about to stop.
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by UnabashedIPOB: 11:28pm On Sep 12, 2021
bobowaja:

@bolded. All these fallacious arguments of state govs stealing cos you lots don't want to let go of the feeding states you love to hate. What has FG being doing with the funds all these while if not stealing from the richer states to give poorer ones and corrupt politicians? Is it not better for my own brother to steal than for a stranger to do so and still spite me?

Moreover, this action will bring governance down to state level. We know who to hold responsible. My house to my gov house na N200 go come and it is within 10minutes of driving. Unlike all road leads to Abuja politics where no common man have access to the Aso Rock without getting shots by the trigger happy security agents.

This actions will make govs more accountable and responsible. And after this war, we will fight the LG war to further bring governance down to the grassroots.

That is how it ought to be.

Don't mind the parasites who claim that they have a population of 150 million out of the so called 200 million population of LIEGERIA and could elect whoever they choose as the president. But yet that same huge population does not have the capacity to generate enough revenue to sustain themselves. This their false narrative tells us one thing, either that these FULANI TERRORISTS do NOT have the population that they have been claiming or they are just lazy ass people that want to depend on others for their survival. Let each state control the revenue that it can generate and for those who can't, then they do NOT deserve to be a state. WE do NOT need leeches.

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Jaycee07(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:

Sir,

I beg to differ. This has nothing to do with Mr. Buhari.
The fact that existential tax laws were either misunderstood and wrongly interpreted has absolutely nothing to do with Buhari.
Are you inferring that because Buhari is president, we should ignore what the constitution says?
The constitution isn’t perfect. When Buhari, like any other Nigerian president is a public servant. He’ll leave by 2023. He won’t take the constitution along with him.
If the proceeds from VAT are misappropriated by the state government, there are agencies saddled with the responsibility of prosecuting such misappropriation.
Thus for now , let the constitution reign, until it’s interpreted otherwise by a competent court of jurisdiction.

1 Like

Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Buckeyemedia1: 11:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
mamaafrik:
i guess the Terrorist and insurgency sponsored by north is preferable.
Which North, are you not Nigerian? Can you mention one Nigerian that is a known sponsor of terrorism, even sponsors of ipob have still not been identified, Boko Haram & Ipob only Jehovah & Allah will punish them for their deceit & division, the revolution will not be televised.
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Buckeyemedia1: 11:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Jaycee07:

Sir,

The fact that existential tax laws were either misunderstood and wrongly interpreted has absolutely nothing to do with Buhari.
Are you inferring that because Buhari is president, we should ignore what the constitution says?
The constitution isn’t perfect. When Buhari, like any other Nigerian president is a public servant. He’ll leave by 2023. He won’t take the constitution along with him.
If the proceeds from VAT are misappropriated by the state government, there are agencies saddled with the responsibility of prosecuting such misappropriation.
Thus for now , let the constitution reign, until it’s interpreted otherwise by a competent court of jurisdiction.
Let them be ranting their mouths everywhere, when Supreme Court rules in FIRS favor, they will start again with Fulani Supreme Court cliche, my own is why should Local Government & state share joint account?

The same laws that FIRS is claiming, should be amended & the part of the constitution amended, Joint account separated, Local Government Keeps 60% of its allocations, revenue both Federal Allocation & IGR, States 25%, Federal 15%, why should the Centre collect 50%, Local Governments 35%, Federal Government 15%, what kind of cheating is that?
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by seunayantokun(m): 11:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
That's good.
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Buckeyemedia1: 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
Jaycee07:

Sir,

Thus for now , let the constitution reign, until it’s interpreted otherwise by a competent court of jurisdiction .
Why are you making Federal Government about President Buhari? Was he the one that created FIRS? Isn’t it this same system pdp ran with for 16 years? Now those political Miscreants & their sympathizers want to imagine that it is President Buhari vs others, laws that they created by themselves?

In the long run, You people will wail profusely, keep deceiving yourselves, One thing I know for a fact is that the provisions of the Firs Act, finance-act- amended 2020 Which was enacted by the National Assembly, supersedes any law enacted by a state House of Assembly. Section 4(5) of The Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended) is unambiguous.

(5) If any Law enacted by the House of Assembly of a State is inconsistent with any law validly made by the National Assembly, the law made by the National Assembly shall prevail, and that other Law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

Let those Mumu politicians be playing the gullible masses, lawyers collecting their share of the on going movie, that is what they do best, that is why they call wike & co politicians, Abubakar Atiku Makavelli The Don, The common third eye blind peasant, must be deceived by any means necessary. Las las much ado about nothing.
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by eguarojeona: 12:40am On Sep 13, 2021
mamaafrik:
The moment Akwaibom,cross river , Edo,ogun and delta state join forget it even banditry and Bokoharam will die a Natural death.
Good step in the right direction.The struggle for northerners to become president will dwindle.
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by cliffypatt(m): 12:50am On Sep 13, 2021
bobowaja:
Why should someone be bittered cos another man is trying to legitimately secure his finances? That was how u cried when SW govs wanted to create amotekun. Who cry when a house owner want to secured his house? Thief and looters does.

Secure our land wahala
Secure our finances wahala.

That means we are actually dealing with thieves in this sham republic.

Big thieves
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Buckeyemedia1: 12:55am On Sep 13, 2021
eguarojeona:
Good step in the right direction.The struggle for northerners to become president will dwindle.
Kai, People Mumu well well for Nairaland O lipsrsealed
Re: VAT: More States Oppose FIRS, Ogun, Edo, Akwa Ibom Consider Tax Laws by Buckeyemedia1: 12:58am On Sep 13, 2021
cliffypatt:

Big thieves
State Governors, they should grant financial & resource autonomy to the Local Governments, all we are advocating is for true federalism, Local Government Keep your resources & revenue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Freezes ₦‎30 Billion NSIPA Cash Traced To Private Accounts / Samuel Ortom Celebrates Birthday In China With Wife & Others. See Photos / Tinubu Will Pay For Undermining Yoruba Leaders – Bode George

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.