Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,344 members, 7,932,260 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:58 PM

How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. (1750 Views)

Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2021
cry

Someone should talk to me. My mum has been giving me mental troubles. Most especially when this goes sore for me. She has always been doing that.
And as a man, I deserve no stress.

I noticed, whenever I have, my family always want to be close to me. When I go broke, they'll dump me.

They want to have control all over my life and I'm not yet married. Now u think things will get worse for me when I get married.

Right now, I'm homeless, I lost everything. I'm planning so hard to fix up myself. But my family are making it difficult. My mum especially, whenever she calls me. I don't get the mothering advice I want from her. All she does is nag and complain over me not calling her.

The worst thing she did to me, when I was in the hospital dying, she and everyone left me. My mum visited and felt so reluctant about me. She was not moved. I couldn't pay my hospital bills to receive the right treatment. My friend have to borrow from his sis for me to be treated. She was not moved. Only a friend of mine who I'm squatting with now. Everyone dumped me. When I got back to my feet and visited. They started feeling entitled again. They started billing me here and there. I feel pain because I was just trying to stand up again.

My dad and I have never been friends right from time. When I visited his last two months and notice he's been passing through a lot that I never notice from time. I tried to embrace him and showed him some love. I observed my mum was pained about this. She has been irritated by my goods towards my dad.

I'm a man, I know she's my mum. I can't allow women to control my life. I feel I own my life as a man. She always wants me to take all her advice which I know not all the advice will help me.

I feel bittered.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 11:51am On Sep 16, 2021
Please someone should just tell me. I want to run away from these people. I want to do this in the right way.

I'm just a young man trying to do well for my family and myself.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 11:53am On Sep 16, 2021
It's as if they want to kill me. That's how it looks to me.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Righteousness2(m): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2021
Your Situation is really Pathetic.
This is the Reason why I tell people to never put hope or trust in anyone. Put your Trust Only in GOD.

Your Parents can Fail or disappoint
Your twin can Fail you
Your friends/ Siblings can mess up
It's Only GOD that Never Fails.

My Admonishment for you is this, in your actions/ Decisions, Quit trying to Please People Irrespective of who it is. Strive to Please GOD. Your actions should be based on what Pleases GOD. Every other person will Fall in Place.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm, Okay.........
See ehh...... Just leave your family and find your own way.
Your family don't give a damn about you, so don't give a fĂșck about them.

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is the Reason why I tell people to never put hope or trust in anyone. Put your Trust Only in GOD.

Your twin can Fail you

My Admonishment for you is this, in your actions/ Decisions, Quit trying to Please People Irrespective of who it is. Strive to Please GOD. Your actions should be based on what Pleases GOD. Every other person will Fall in Place.
Yes. You're right. What pains me is I'm just noticing this after lososing everything.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
Beebah2000:
Hmmm, Okay.........
See ehh...... Just leave your family and find your own way.
Your family don't give a damn about you, so don't give a fĂșck about them.
Yes. You're right. What pains me is I'm just noticing this after losing everything. cry

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
I wish I never give a Bleep. I love my family more than myself, but I just notice they don't give a fvck about me.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Righteousness2(m): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:

Yes. You're right. What pains me is I'm just noticing this after lososing everything.

At least you have understood things better now. Don't dwell in the Past! Start Afresh and do things on the Basis of the Understanding you have now. You will Shine again..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

At least you have understood things better now. Don't dwell in the Past! Start Afresh and do things on the Basis of the Understanding you have now. You will Shine again..

Yes, you're right. Between Family and Enemy. I swear I don't know who is who cry cry cry cry
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Righteousness2(m): 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:

Yes, you're right. Between Family and Enemy. I swear I don't know who is who cry cry cry cry

Not all Families are Enemies but there are Families that could be Enemies.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by thuxzwda1: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
Righteousness2 angrypost=105870976:

Your twin can Fail you

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

Not all Families are Enemies but there are Families that could be Enemies.

I don't even have one family I can talk to and discuss my pains with. I just noticed my dad is the right person. I can't believe he understood how I feel and sent me some money without feeling entitled.
He shocked me. I'm pained that I've never been closed to him the way I was so close to my mum. cry

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by descarado: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
Cut off from your family and move on.

Take time to do some introspection and set boundaries cos it will rebound.

Even if you become millionaire tomorrow, without boundaries, they will still hurt and feast on you.

Most Nigerian parents see their kids as investments. Don't bring that needed investment like money, rich husband and grandkids, you will start seeing blackmail here and there.
I carried you for 9 months, did odd jobs so you can feed blablabla.

The truth is this, whether you carried him for 9 months, suffered to bring him up despite all odds,
IT IS YOUR OBLIGATION FROM THE DAY YOU DECIDED TO CARRY THAT PREGNANCY TILL YOUR CHILD CAN STAND ON HIS FEET. That child owe you nothing. Rather you owe the child.
Secondary, parents don't have the culture of saving pennies for retirement. They have the bigger saving, their children.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Righteousness2(m): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:

I don't even have one family I can talk to and discuss my pains with. I just noticed my dad is the right person. I can't believe he understood how I feel and sent me some money without feeling entitled.
He shocked me. I'm pained that I've never been closed to him the way I was so close to my mum. cry

You need wisdom especially when it comes to a Woman. Women could Loving and wonderful but they could be swayed by emotions and some unnecessary things. And making your decision Solely based on their emotions could put u in unnecessary fights and Contentions.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:

Yes. You're right. What pains me is I'm just noticing this after losing everything. cry
that hurts sad sad
You have to focus on yourself, that is the important thing now.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
I love y'all. I was been scammed by the "There's no one like mother believes".
Now I'm trying to fight myself out of this.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
Wait o.. is this the season of mothers driving their children insane or what?

Just do the best you can and leave the rest.
No matter what you do, don't pay evil with evil.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Kempinski: 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
Smae way my sisters and mum come close to me whenever I have money and run when I go broke grin grin grin, but not as bad as this ooo, hey still care in some way, bro if it tampers with your peace of mind, leave that place immediately please....
AdviseMePls:
cry

Someone should talk to me. My mum has been giving me mental troubles. Most especially when this goes sore for me. She has always been doing that.

I noticed, whenever I have, my family always want to be close to me. When I go broke, they'll dump me.

They want to have control all over my life and I'm not yet married. Now u think things will get worse for me when I get married.

Right now, I'm homeless, I lost everything. I'm planning so hard to fix up myself. But my family are making it difficult. My mum especially, whenever she calls me. I don't get the mothering advice I want from her. All she does is nag and complain over me not calling her.

The worst thing she did to me, when I was in the hospital dying, she and everyone left me. My mum visited and felt so reluctant about me. She was not moved. I couldn't pay my hospital bills to receive the right treatment. My friend have to borrow from his sis for me to be treated. She was not moved. Only a friend of mine who I'm squatting with now. Everyone dumped me. When I got back to my feet and visited. They started feeling entitled again. They started billing me here and there. I feel pain because I was just trying to stand up again.

My dad and I have never been friends right from time. When I visited his last two months and notice he's been passing through a lot that I never notice from time. I tried to embrace him and showed him some love. I observed my mum was pained about this. She has been irritated by my goods towards my dad.

I'm a man, I know she's my mum. I can't allow women to control my life. I feel I own my life as a man. She always wants me to take all her advice which I know not all the advice will help me.

I feel bittered.

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:

I feel bittered.
Stop picking up the phone when they call you and don't visit until you are back on your feet and properly straightened out mentally to handle them. undecided

Take as much time as you need- months, even years- to get yourself where you should be first. Get properly situated away from them and then go back when you are ready to take them on. undecided
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by frozen70(f): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:
cry

I feel bittered.

Well it's written all over the wall that thru only need your money not you as a person

Start planning so that you don't ever get to beg them

Reduce the help you give to those who doesn't care about you among them

When you want to get married make sure you get her pregnant before introducing her to the family else they will reject her
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by frozen70(f): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:
Please someone should just tell me. I want to run away from these people. I want to do this in the right way.

I'm just a young man trying to do well for my family and myself.

You don't need to run away, plan for your exit so that you don't ever come back to stay with them

Anytime she calls you, listen to her and pick just the words that makes sense to you

Go low and silent anytime you pack out so that your achievements will be the report card that they will be seeing
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AdviseMePls: 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
frozen70:

You don't need to run away, plan for your exit so that you don't ever come back to stay with them

Anytime she calls you, listen to her and pick just the words that makes sense to you

Go low and silent anytime you pack out so that your achievements will be the report card that they will be seeing
Thank you so much. cry
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AutoChick4U(f): 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:
cry

I feel bittered.

Better bloock them for your own good
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AutoChick4U(f): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
frozen70:

Him picking is a wrong move cause she'll trigger d bitterness in him.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AutoChick4U(f): 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
AdviseMePls:
I love y'all. I was been scammed by the "There's no one like mother believes".
Now I'm trying to fight myself out of this.
Dont mind that, some people are not even meant to be mothers in d first place.
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by frozen70(f): 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Him picking is a wrong move cause she'll trigger d bitterness in him.

Anyone can call you and give you an advice
It's ip to you to take it or not
But at least, you have to listen to the advice especially when it comes from your parents
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
frozen70:

But at least, you have to listen to the advice especially when it comes from your parents
According to whom? Let me guess, your parents? undecided

So many out in Nigeria would have benefitted a great deal from not listening to their parents.. it's the truth. Parents aren't as wise as many try to believe them to be. No , wisdom belongs to those who work at it and most Nigerian parents don't. undecided

Wisdom does not even belong to the Old either. If the world in the west had listened to the Old, imagine where the world would still be today. undecided
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by AutoChick4U(f): 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
frozen70:

Hope u read and digested his post? Hope u know some parents push their kids into depression ryt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by frozen70(f): 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to whom? Let me guess, your parents? undecided

So many out in Nigeria would have benefitted a great deal from not listening to their parents.. it's the truth. Parents aren't as wise as many try to believe them to be. No , wisdom belongs to those who work at it and most Nigerian parents don't. undecided

Wisdom does not even belong to the Old either. If the world in the west had listened to the Old, imagine where the world would still be today. undecided

Irrespective of your thinking towards parents, it depends on your relationship with your parents

The way you relate with your parents seems different from the regular way

Don't spoil others mind
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by frozen70(f): 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Hope u read and digested his post? Hope u know some parents push their kids into depression ryt?

If you read my comments well, you will come across where I say that, listen to her and pick the advice he needs

I did not say, he must follow whatever his parents tells him
Re: How Can I Stay Away From My Mum In A Way That It Will Not Hurt Her. by Mystery9(m): 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
I just tire shocked shocked shocked shocked. You know what to do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Gambling Changed My Life / Cry Of A Mother: Aisha Falode Writes An Open Letter To Nigerians / Have You Ever Shared An Apartment? What's Your Experience Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.