Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,819 members, 7,942,071 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:22 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (894250 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by joyoftheLord: 3:16am On Oct 09, 2013
Hi Friends, i went to Book emirate to Frankfurt but was asked to Book for returned, and not one way. He said since d student visa is 3 months (which will later be extended), dat i need to get a return ticket which is about 172k else i Might not be allowed to Fly at d check Point. Pls, those who purchased emirate, did u Book one way for d 3 months visa? Secondly, pls which other Airline can allow me to Fly one way from Lagos to Frankfurt even at a cheaper rate? Thanks Friends.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 3:46am On Oct 09, 2013
joyoftheLord: Hi Friends, i went to Book emirate to Frankfurt but was asked to Book for returned, and not one way. He said since d student visa is 3 months (which will later be extended), dat i need to get a return ticket which is about 172k else i Might not be allowed to Fly at d check Point. Pls, those who purchased emirate, did u Book one way for d 3 months visa? Secondly, pls which other Airline can allow me to Fly one way from Lagos to Frankfurt even at a cheaper rate? Thanks Friends.
I think its always advisable to book for a return ticket sha, but I am not sure on this just saying from what friends that has travelled told me
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 6:24am On Oct 09, 2013
joyoftheLord: Hi Friends, i went to Book emirate to Frankfurt but was asked to Book for returned, and not one way. He said since d student visa is 3 months (which will later be extended), dat i need to get a return ticket which is about 172k else i Might not be allowed to Fly at d check Point. Pls, those who purchased emirate, did u Book one way for d 3 months visa? Secondly, pls which other Airline can allow me to Fly one way from Lagos to Frankfurt even at a cheaper rate? Thanks Friends.

That was Wat They Told me when i Want to Book also but nt emirate SHA.. I just ignore the Lady and i Book Wat i Want to Book cos i knw thy will allow to me .. ..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 6:25am On Oct 09, 2013
i flew emirates without return ticket don't mind them
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 6:26am On Oct 09, 2013
wonderbobs: I think its always advisable to book for a return ticket sha, but I am not sure on this just saying from what friends that has travelled told me

Why is it advisable to Book Return some People Book Book Return cos the cost of Return is cheaper than One Way.. Wat Wat Are Ur reason why u think is advisable let Knw pls
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 6:30am On Oct 09, 2013
dmitroika: Hello guys, for someone who is gonna be depending solely on 670 euros monthly how is the idea of paying 370 euros per month for accommodation alone? housing is very scarce in my city and that's the only offer I've seen so far.
that's what I'm paying o! But oh boy my room be like palace! I open mouth when I enter! Thank God say nobody see me when I open mouth! Self contained, with gas cooker, fridge, toilet and bathroom! Mehn na like Nigerian five star hotel, winks! But oh boy! Twasnt easy for me at all yesterday! Missed road like hell! When I asked for directions I was usually answered in German! But things are shapening up tho
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 6:48am On Oct 09, 2013
aflynvir: that's what I'm paying o! But oh boy my room be like palace! I open mouth when I enter! Thank God say nobody see me when I open mouth! Self contained, with gas cooker, fridge, toilet and bathroom! Mehn na like Nigerian five star hotel, winks! But oh boy! Twasnt easy for me at all yesterday! Missed road like hell! When I asked for directions I was usually answered in German! But things are shapening up tho

Oga ooo 370 much oooo na make god make u See a cheaper One soon SHA cos Insurance Money still they... Enjoy Germany Järe thank god the weather is fear dis days
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 6:49am On Oct 09, 2013
aflynvir: .
See this village man grin

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by autumnflower(f): 7:00am On Oct 09, 2013
Hello people.
I would like to apply for Msc to an engineering course, I graduated with a cgpa of 3.40 what are my chances of getting admission?
Honest reply please.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 8:54am On Oct 09, 2013
aflynvir: that's what I'm paying o! But oh boy my room be like palace! I open mouth when I enter! Thank God say nobody see me when I open mouth! Self contained, with gas cooker, fridge, toilet and bathroom! Mehn na like Nigerian five star hotel, winks! But oh boy! Twasnt easy for me at all yesterday! Missed road like hell! When I asked for directions I was usually answered in German! But things are shapening up tho

Brother you are cracking up my ribs.... Lol. Me sef go join the german crew next week

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yuugo: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2013
@jejet Pls do you know the prospects of evironmental sciences or agric Engineering MSC courses after master in germany in terms of job availability

Tanx and waiting for your suggestions
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2013
[quote author=aflynvir]

lol! Is flat sharing allowed?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2013
autumn.flower:
Hello people.
I would like to apply for Msc to an engineering course, I graduated with a cgpa of 3.40 what are my chances of getting admission?
Honest reply please.
Thanks.
honest reply ke?? Na fake we bn dey give before??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2013
topeajis:

if u want to apply to seven schhols under uniast.. u will generate seven forms from the uni assist site then u will send only one set of documents.. do no need to send seven set of ur documents. just seven set of the form and a set of document and an evidence of payment

Sir how do we make the payment, can we pay by credit card in nigeria
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 9:43am On Oct 09, 2013

Abeg dey chop the life of ur head jarey. Lol.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2013
LillyGemm: One University I applied to is very funny grin...but I won't name it because I don't want to discourage people from applying there! I just want to encourage people who will have rejection letters to try and fight for a place. So I got a rejection letter from one Uni even though I knew I was clearly qualified for the Masters course. I checked out the criteria the University follows to accept applicants e.g. credit points, grades, modules taken in the undergraduate program etc. and I knew I had all the qualifications. I got a rejection letter and was given a month to appeal but by the time the letter reached me by post, the month was almost over. I still decided to appeal because I felt the University was unfair in its decision. The letter said that I did not have enough credit points and modules related to that program...but I knew I had. I appealed and on my transcript, I underlined the related modules and counted for them the credit points. A few weeks later, they replied and said my application was in progress. Days later, I checked in my online application account and it was another rejection. This time, the reason they gave me was that they could not accept everyone who applied as the course could only take less than 20 people. Today, I got an acceptance letter by post. They finally admitted me. This Uni was not my first choice Uni but I felt they should be fair in the way they select people for the program that's why I appealed. I had already been offered a place at my first choice University when I was appealing. I hope this encourages people who get rejection letters to still appeal when they know they are qualified enough to do the program.

Sir is like you understand the germany greadting system, please what those it mean when a school say 210 credit point and can i get admission with a CGP of 2.64 can i be admited with this
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2013
guy no use lauh kEe me for here ooo... But its expensive sha, but I bet you'll get a cheaper place soon
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2013
richard4ssky:

Sir is like you understand the germany greadting system, please what those it mean when a school say 210 credit point and can i get admission with a CGP of 2.64 can i be admited with this

Your Cgpa on d German sys. Should be 2.8 that is satisfactory. But I think most schools always ask for < 2.5 (Good). Just do ur research well. U get.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2013
richard4ssky:

Sir how do we make the payment, can we pay by credit card in nigeria

no the only means u can pay from nigeira is via bank transfer... if u have someone in europe it will be easy to tell the person tp help u pay sha that much easy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2013
richard4ssky:

a semester os 30 credit point so ur bsc degree must be 7 semester or more.. most bsc in nigeria is 8 so u good to go
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 10:42am On Oct 09, 2013
LillyGemm: One University I applied to is very funny grin...but I won't name it because I don't want to discourage people from applying there! I just want to encourage people who will have rejection letters to try and fight for a place. So I got a rejection letter from one Uni even though I knew I was clearly qualified for the Masters course. I checked out the criteria the University follows to accept applicants e.g. credit points, grades, modules taken in the undergraduate program etc. and I knew I had all the qualifications. I got a rejection letter and was given a month to appeal but by the time the letter reached me by post, the month was almost over. I still decided to appeal because I felt the University was unfair in its decision. The letter said that I did not have enough credit points and modules related to that program...but I knew I had. I appealed and on my transcript, I underlined the related modules and counted for them the credit points. A few weeks later, they replied and said my application was in progress. Days later, I checked in my online application account and it was another rejection. This time, the reason they gave me was that they could not accept everyone who applied as the course could only take less than 20 people. Today, I got an acceptance letter by post. They finally admitted me. This Uni was not my first choice Uni but I felt they should be fair in the way they select people for the program that's why I appealed. I had already been offered a place at my first choice University when I was appealing. I hope this encourages people who get rejection letters to still appeal when they know they are qualified enough to do the program.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2013
aroyem4u: Another success story has been recorded on this thread. Apparently, my visa decision was ready all along. As soon as I sent my confirmation of blocked account to the embassy this morning, I got THE MAIL asking me to come with 3 months traveling insurance. Thanks to everyone that supported me on this thread. I'm really grateful... Cheers.

Sir congratulation, i want to fine out if without open a block account can some1 go for the interview, and how did u go about yours....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2013
richard4ssky:

Sir congratulation, i want to fine out if without open a block account can some1 go for the interview, and how did u go about yours....

Yes you can go for your interview without the money being in your blocked account yet but you need to have filled and submitted the blocked account opening form. The way I did mine was that I first opened the account, the embassy will give u a slip to prove that u have submitted the form, then I went for my interview. After a few weeks, I got the account number and then I payed into it. It took sometime before I even made payment sef but exactly the day I told the embassy I have made payment, they gave me my visa
Re: German Embassy And Visa by autumnflower(f): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2013
naijaobi:
honest reply ke?? Na fake we bn dey give before??
Pele. I meant sincere reply, so that I'll know how to prepare.
I noticed most people from the thread go for social science courses and have very good grades, that's why I was asking such.
I studied engineering and would like to do Msc in engineering. What are my chances with that cgpa? Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 11:35am On Oct 09, 2013
autumn.flower:

I noticed most people from the thread go for social science courses and have very good grades, that's why I was asking such.
I studied engineering and would like to do Msc in engineering. What are my chances with that cgpa? Thanks
its a good cgpa I got something similar and still got my admission, but it all depends on the school and their requirements.... You will get more info on the schools website which I would advice you to do so as to get firsthand info... Goodluck
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2013
richard4ssky:

The University I applied to just wanted not less than 90 credit points in certain modules or similar modules related to the program...that's how I was able to count the credit points. I was near to getting a distinction in my previous studies so I knew my GPA was good. Sometimes it depends on how many credit points in certain modules the University wants you to have.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
autumn.flower:

ur cgpa in german system is 2.20 which is good.. Just search here, u'll see a lot of schools..https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/
it will also do u good if u read this thread from page one..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
aroyem4u:

Yes you can go for your interview without the money being in your blocked account yet but you need to have filled and submitted the blocked account opening form. The way I did mine was that I first opened the account, the embassy will give u a slip to prove that u have submitted the form, then I went for my interview. After a few weeks, I got the account number and then I payed into it. It took sometime before I even made payment sef but exactly the day I told the embassy I have made payment, they gave me my visa

Thanks for the information, and i wil do my just the same way u did yours, which admission did u apply for cause i am applying for summer intake and most of the school admission start by Nov15.... And did u apply throw un assist
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
What is a cheap pay as you go (not contract) sim to buy in Germany? I would prefer one that has internet (to especially use my phone for directions) and is not expensive to call international numbers. Angel Diamond or anyone in Germany who knows this can please give me an answer...are there networks like Lyca, Lebara and Talk Mobile found in UK which are very cheap to call international numbers? Can I also get a sim on Sunday? One German friend told me that shops are closed on Sunday in Germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
richard4ssky:

Thanks for the information, and i wil do my just the same way u did yours, which admission did u apply for cause i am applying for summer intake and most of the school admission start by Nov15.... And did u apply throw un assist

No I didn't apply through uni assist and I applied for winter semester. Best of luck with your application.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Yuugo, got ur message in my inbox. I've not been active on this site for a while. I can see nice stories and I wish all incoming and prospective applicants good luck. I can see the beautiful work done by Tope, Goddson and co., you have been wonderful for the support you have given guys on this forum.
Yuugo, There are masters program in Bioprocess Engineering from some list of schools. There is a high demand for researchers in Bio Engineering in Germany especially in the area of renewable bioresources; more especially, there are lots of research programs in Bioplastic should you wanna do PhD. You should learn some basic programming skills (not necessarily indepth) it will help you in modelling and simulation. But get admission in Bipprocess Engineering, I'm sure you will be equipped with the required skills before you finish your program.
yuugo: @jejet is ur master course engr'g related. pls help me wit my case: my a graduate of Agric n bioresources Engineering wit 2:1 gp. i have work experience in sales n currently now about 6 months sales experience in IT. pls advice me on masters course that has prospect in germany relating to my first degree without much professional experience because dtz all i c. again pls which skill shd one acquire here so i could fit in easily. again am a lady. thanx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
LillyGemm: What is a cheap pay as you go (not contract) sim to buy in Germany? I would prefer one that has internet (to especially use my phone for directions) and is not expensive to call international numbers. Angel Diamond or anyone in Germany who knows this can please give me an answer...are there networks like Lyca, Lebara and Talk Mobile found in UK which are very cheap to call international numbers? Can I also get a sim on Sunday? One German friend told me that shops are closed on Sunday in Germany.

I Knw Luca mobile is much Cheap for Calls and u can also get it at the Airport

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (481)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.