Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,739 members, 7,882,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (889819 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkutet: 10:47am On May 30, 2013
kelly4top: pls i intend coming coming to germany next yr. Pls can i have ur details like email so i could ask vital details before concluding.

Jejet what you are saying is what our professors have been advising us of also. I am studying Electrical Engineering and Information technology but the programing courses are just too much. C-programing, Real time programing, c++, object oriented programing,processor/chip programming, etc are to be covered before we graduate and when i asked naija guys in final yr why programing languages just full the course outline they said Germans are lacking programmers. Are you already studying in Germany? My hostel mate just graduated last 2 weeks and has gotten a job. The company asked him to tell them how much he wants to collect.

When I first came to Germany, coping with their education system was not easy at all cos it was too high for me. Engineering is 5 yrs in naija here it's 3 years so it means in 100 Level, you will be doing what 300 Level naija guys are doing. so guys pls prepare urself and brush up before coming or else u wont like the experience.

But the good news is that I am now coping and have started blending with their high system. Before when I am in class, professor go dey teach e be like say na swahili he dey speak i go dey wonder weda i go school for Nigeria before i come here abi wetin dey happen. So I picked up the challenge, went to library, borrow books and always read ahead of the professors and reduced my sleep and YouTube lecture things helped too( e dey hard to see lecturer here. almost all na prof) so right now, i dey cope well. Before you come here, do some revision if na Engineering you wan come read, try revise ur Engineering mathematics and learn some programming language cos you cant escape it here.

Germany is good and off course you know is better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamelaa(f): 12:23pm On May 30, 2013
@ Top level:
I think you should exercise a little patience.I'm very sure you application was received. I also got dis mail from
Hochschule Mannheim:

Dear applicant,

This e-mail is only to acknowledge receipt of your application documents. We are going to inform you on Friday, June 14th by the latest, whether you are accepted or not.

Kind regards,

S. Schwarzelbach

Stephanie Schwarzelbach
Fakultätssekretariat Biotechnologie

Hochschule Mannheim
University of Applied Sciences
Paul-Wittsack-Straße 10
D-68163 Mannheim

**please note that they sent that mail to those that applied only. I've been keeping in touch with them via telephone calls and you can do that also.

I hope this helps.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 12:24pm On May 30, 2013
Bwave: Hello house, I just got a letter of admission, I know the steps for visa application had been recounted several times here but I will still appreciate anybody willing to reiterate it step by step and any kind advice.Pls those in germany, Weimar, Thuringen is not in the south, but how is the place in terms of part time job opportunities and living generally.Thanks

Hi,congtrats on your admission. Which month did you send your application documents? I sent mine in mid may to two schools (not through uni-assist though). I sent them directly to the schools. I keep checking my status online but nothing changes. someone said it takes between two to three weeks to get a response. is that true? how long before you got the admission e-mail?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamelaa(f): 12:26pm On May 30, 2013
@ Top level:
I think you should exercise a little patience.I'm very sure your application was received. I also got dis mail from
Hochschule Mannheim:

Dear applicant,

This e-mail is only to acknowledge receipt of your application documents. We are going to inform you on Friday, June 14th by the latest, whether you are accepted or not.

Kind regards,

S. Schwarzelbach

Stephanie Schwarzelbach

Hochschule Mannheim
Paul-Wittsack-Straße 10
D-68163 Mannheim

**please note that they sent that mail to those that applied only. I've been keeping in touch with them via telephone calls and you can do that also.

I hope this helps.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by toplevel: 1:15pm On May 30, 2013
@pamela
I have received another email from them telling me that because of the huge applications received by them that the selected process has been conducted and my application was not choosen for admission so have you received any mail from them? Also does that applied to the university of Mannhein winter session should also confirm if they also received Email from the school yesterday

I think you should exercise a little patience.I'm very sure your application was received. I also got dis mail from
Hochschule Mannheim:

Dear applicant,

Kind regards,

S. Schwarzelbach

Stephanie Schwarzelbach

Hochschule Mannheim
Paul-Wittsack-Straße 10
D-68163 Mannheim

I hope this helps.[/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 3:26pm On May 30, 2013
hello everyone in the house, topeijis and others in germany, I got an admission to do Msc. in Marine Geosciences at the University of Kiel, pls can you guys furnish my knowledge as to what Kiel is like in terms of racism, weather, and most importantly the availability of part-time jobs? thanks in advance and God bless you all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 3:49pm On May 30, 2013
dmitroika: hello everyone in the house, topeijis and others in germany, I got an admission to do Msc. in Marine Geosciences at the University of Kiel, pls can you guys furnish my knowledge as to what Kiel is like in terms of racism, weather, and most importantly the availability of part-time jobs? thanks in advance and God bless you all.

pls anyone that wants to come to germany to forget about recism all i know about kiel is that is a coastal city cos i was also offered admission in the school but had a better choice. keil is okey but cant say about job cos i also have a friend their aND HE IS DOIN FINE. SO JUST PROCESSED WITH UR VISA APPLICATION ABEG..... BUT THE PLACE COLD OO I NO GO LIE U. BUT AS A NAIJA GUY U GO SURVISE NA

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamelaa(f): 4:00pm On May 30, 2013
@ Top level,
So sorry to hear that.I just checked my mailbox.No mail from them yet.I'll suggest you try to get some other schools who have not concluded their admission process. I wish you the best.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bigaunty1(f): 5:13pm On May 30, 2013
i want to go for Bsc nursing in Germany,please kindly advice
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Chars1289: 10:52pm On May 30, 2013
@big aunty,ur questn has bin rightly answered by topeajis.in addition getting an undergraduate course whc is taught in english might be a slim chance most undergrad courses are taught in german lang.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 4:37am On May 31, 2013
ohimai83:

Hi,congtrats on your admission. Which month did you send your application documents? I sent mine in mid may to two schools (not through uni-assist though). I sent them directly to the schools. I keep checking my status online but nothing changes. someone said it takes between two to three weeks to get a response. is that true? how long before you got the admission e-mail?
I sent my application in April and I got the email on May 28.You don't have to worry if the deadline for any of the applications has not elapsed. You can also call each school on phone to know the status of you application ( have your application number with you, when contacting them). I called the school in my own case, and that was when I was told that my application had been forwarded to uni-assist, because I also sent the application directly to the school. I had to send an email to uni-assist, they acknowledged the receipt of my application from the school and instructed me on how to make payment. Good luck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:46am On May 31, 2013
Bwave:
I sent my application in April and I got the email on May 28.You don't have to worry if the deadline for any of the applications has not elapsed. You can also call each school on phone to know the status of you application ( have your application number with you, when contacting them). I called the school in my own case, and that was when I was told that my application had been forwarded to uni-assist, because I also sent the application directly to the school. I had to send an email to uni-assist, they acknowledged the receipt of my application from the school and instructed me on how to make payment. Good luck.

Hey, are you the same person that will do IETLS June 8th? Good luck in your application, my brother is also awaiting two decisions from two German Universities.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 4:27pm On May 31, 2013
ferdimako:

Hey, are you the same person that will do IETLS June 8th? Good luck in your application, my brother is also awaiting two decisions from two German Universities.
Exactly. Good luck too you and your brother.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dshegzy: 8:37pm On May 31, 2013
pls
can i renew my short stay visa in germany?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 6:18am On Jun 01, 2013
Bwave:

thank you so much for the prompt response. one of the school replied me via e-mail yesterday and said it will take at least 8 weeks before I can get an admission letter or rejection, due to the amount of applications they have to review.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2013
@jejet&topeajis, pls i need you candid advice on this.I would really love my family (wife and two kids) to be with me during my studies in Germany. What do I do now, should I process their own visa at the same time? Or should I process mine first and theirs later?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2013
You gotta process yours first. Then you need to have a family health insurance upon your arrival. You can then invite your family who will be dependent on you. You must show your rent contract (The house must be suitable to accommodate your family), and more importantly, you proof of financial capability to take care of the welfare of your family. You will also have to show your plan on how to further the education of your kids (of course, it's free). The Auslanderbehorde will send you a letter once your family have applied for the visa to let you know of further documents to provide cos they are the one who owns the power to approve their visa while the embassy possesses the power to issue it.
Bwave: @jejet&topeajis, pls i need you candid advice on this.I would really love my family (wife and two kids) to be with me during my studies in Germany. What do I do now, should I process their own visa at the same time? Or should I process mine first and theirs later?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
Dshegzy: pls
can i renew my short stay visa in germany?

Do you have a genuine reason for extending your short stay visa? Yes, you can but you will have a strong reason for the extension....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
No, type C visa cannot be extended in Germany, only a type D Visa. You have to go back and reapply from your home country.
la'success:

Do you have a genuine reason for extending your short stay visa? Yes, you can but you will have a strong reason for the extension....

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
@jejet, God bless you my brother.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Bwave:
Exactly. Good luck too you and your brother.

Yeah, he got admitted to a University already (that is being delayed although he must send them his hard copies of his documents by June 21 if he is interested) but he's awaiting the more important one this June.

British Council is vexing me right now! No IELTS Notice, no Speaking session date.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dotlankaregbe(m): 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
Hello people,
how can i manouvere in germany in order not to be deported or bad company? And can i study there if i want to school,am a graduate 4rom lautech,coz i will still like to further my study right there?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah, he got admitted to a University already (that is being delayed although he must send them his hard copies of his documents by June 21 if he is interested) but he's awaiting the more important one this June.

British Council is vexing me right now! No IELTS Notice, no Speaking session date.

I'll advise your brother to hold that one down while waiting for the more important one.Try and contact British Council if your date is june 8, because I got my notice 2days ago and my speaking session is on june 3.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2013
dotlankaregbe: Hello people,
how can i manouvere in germany in order not to be deported or bad company? And can i study there if i want to school,am a graduate 4rom lautech,coz i will still like to further my study right there?
are u realy sure u are a graduate? No offence o...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Olly256(f): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
pamelaa: @ Top level:
I think you should exercise a little patience.I'm very sure you application was received. I also got dis mail from
Hochschule Mannheim:

Dear applicant,

Kind regards,

S. Schwarzelbach

Stephanie Schwarzelbach

Hochschule Mannheim
Paul-Wittsack-Straße 10
D-68163 Mannheim

I hope this helps.

I am new to this post. I will like to know
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
ferdimako:

were u @ d Travelling to Canada thread?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 02, 2013
Hello house, i was selected among those who will enjoy this years scholarship to learn German language. My sponsor said he would send me 'German declaration of sponsorship'.
And the school will also send their own letter, but i need to get something more straight. about the health insurance, the school already has that covered as it is entailed in the scholarship.
Do i still need another health insurance? Do i have to pay for my flight or just book them? which is more better pls i need replies, the language course is just 7weeks and its starting aug. i dont want to miss this. Cause i also want to do my Msc. in Germany after this.
I have a Neco certificate, hope i can make use it?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2013
dotlankaregbe: Hello people,

KeeP ur heads up and don't make. Fiends ith to many. Blacks or asain guys then u have no problem. But the important thing is that u have to keep ur head up. To many distraction in germany as I was told.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 6:55am On Jun 02, 2013
beebee5000: Hello house, i was selected among those who will enjoy this years scholarship to learn German language. My sponsor said he would send me 'German declaration of sponsorship'.
And the school will also send their own letter, but i need to get something more straight. about the health insurance, the school already has that cover as it is entailed in the scholarship.
Do i still need another health insurance? Do i have to pay for my flight or just book them? which is more better pls i need replies, the language course is just 7weeks and its starting aug. i dont want to miss this. Cause i also want to do my Msc. in Germany after this.
I have a Neco certificate, hope i can make use it?

for the msc u cant appply for msc in germany with a short visa u have to go back to naija to apply for study visa after the language. but another wahala is the embassy they hardly give people visa on study now because they observe people run away after the language (that was i was told dont know how true is it) but just make sure u give them every they want. but the embassy will as you also for travel health insurance you can get that in niaja it is much cheap i think about 10k for the 7weeks. best of luck boss germany is a nice and lovely place to be man
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 02, 2013
Thank you for your swift response, please tell me what and what do you think i should provide to make sure i am not rejected, please and what kind of questions are going to be asked? during the interview
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2013
Bwave:

I'll advise your brother to hold that one down while waiting for the more important one.Try and contact British Council if your date is june 8, because I got my notice 2days ago and my speaking session is on june 3.

Yeah that is what he's doing and it's because the program isn't research-based.
Their e-mail addy sent an automated message of getting back to me in 3 days, the cell doesn't go. How did u get your notice? They won't rest tomorrow once I wake up!

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (481)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.