Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,884 members, 7,909,339 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:09 PM

Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home (58196 Views)

Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack / Thugs Attack Atiku’s Supporter’s (Lee Maeba's) Residence In Rivers (Photos) / Wike Revokes Senator Lee Maeba’s Land In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by layzie: 4:17am On Oct 30, 2021
muykem:
This visit has shown Mary Odlli is representative of PDP in supreme Court.

When these same Justices removed a PDP Governor and replaced with an Apc candidate that came 4th in d election, as unpopular as it was, they are fighting for the common man. That's what some people said.

When a priest foretold that and it happened, he is truly in the spirit, some people said.

But When the same Justices gives a judgement that doesn't seem to favour the Govt in power, some people will say maybe they are corrupt.

When the same priest speaks against the govt in power, some people will say maybe he is a fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by plaindealer: 4:25am On Oct 30, 2021
The usual suspects don enter panic mode, very soon, you won't be able to buy favorable judgements from this corrupt Justice.

Looters Inc.

grin
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by michoim(m): 4:57am On Oct 30, 2021
That's the woman executing PDP agenda in the Supreme court...

1 Like

Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by nzeobi(m): 5:07am On Oct 30, 2021
buckeyemedia:
How can she be neutral? Her husband was Governor for 8 years under pdp, & you say she is neutral? Liar.

Provide evidence she's biased or shut your mouth

1 Like

Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by Adabestseason(m): 5:09am On Oct 30, 2021
I believe all the supreme judges should be relieved of their duties so that we can rest because the level of controversy around this supreme court is damning the madam knows the truth that her problem is wike.There is something fishy.Independence of judiciary is a panacea but the corruption with judiciary is disheartening.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by Anaerobi(m): 5:12am On Oct 30, 2021
Take Abba
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by AIIAssociates: 5:30am On Oct 30, 2021
Know your rights in the event of the execution of a search warrant on your premises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geC7utQuW1E
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by WHITELIGHTER: 5:33am On Oct 30, 2021
Mftivi:
you get time to engage to engage someone whose bias is very loud,
he will not get your point cos he just doesn't want to.

It's clear that the Garfield guy is Pro-Apc

3 Likes

Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 7:12am On Oct 30, 2021
Mftivi:
you must be really really senseless

You must be under wike payroll boy
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 7:29am On Oct 30, 2021
fergie001:

The same way someone will also argue on the Ondo, Buni saga that:

The law is that an agent of a disclosed principal is not ordinarily personally liable on a contract he enters on behalf of the said principal.

Law is dynamic. The Imo case is a lesson even though there were many somersaults by our Courts, but we will learn from it.

They were no somersaults in imo.the parameters in judging wrong computation is clearly different from a normal case of electoral malpractice and the requirements are far simpler to meet.for instance in wrong computation, result sheets can be tendered by any body while for the latter, the maker of the document must testify.in the former,you don't need witnesses from the polling unit to testify while in the latter,you need them.

For ondo,the non joinder of buni never mattered because non signing of the nomination form is never a ground for disq.the grounds for disq are already spelt out,even odili never argued this.while the constitution frowns at a violation of section 308,no punishment was prescribed.odili attacked the lower courts for quoting and citing foreign statutes in differentiating executive position but ejembi eko heavily relied on that same foreign laws in writing his minority judgment...you can see the double speak.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:32am On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:

Eh,fergie001 abeg,abeg.this is becoming embarrassing and vexatious. This visit has clearly shown that she is a pdp judge.everybody knows.stop living in denial and defending her vainly
even though she is PDP judge, what is wrong with that?

Must we have only APC Judges? Or only APC governors? U guys in APC need to take a chill pill, re-examine your mental health.

U guys are quick to fret over PDP gov like Wike, some of u develop high bp over anything happening in Rivers.

So why are we in a democracy in the first place?
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:45am On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:

Try onnoghen how? Onnoghen wasn't loyal and trustworthy.he had to go,moreover he wasn't clean.convicting him was never the motive but removing him for being pro pdp....

By now,you should know that I detest anything pdp.even if you are pro pdp in the court,try to look objective
See your mouth like u detest anything pdp.

For your information, I am neither APC or PDP.
One thing about this your APC is that u want the whole Nigeria to be APC. This is against democratic principles. This is undemocratic. There is slight difference between APC and communism from all we have witnessed.

What amazes me is that with all the multiple hardships inflicted on Nigerians staunch APC diehard member like you still have mouth to talk. U supposed to hide for one corner in shame.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:

See your mouth like u detest anything pdp.

For your information, I am neither APC or PDP.
One thing about this your APC is that u want the whole Nigeria to be APC. This is against democratic principles. This is undemocratic. There is slight difference between APC and communism from all we have witnessed.

What amazes me is that with all the multiple hardships inflicted on Nigerians staunch APC diehard member like you still have mouth to talk. U supposed to hide for one corner in shame.

Pdp should be destroyed and replaced by labour party or apga or they should be restricted to few states like Adamawa,taraba,akwa ibom,edo,enugu,abia.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:
They were no somersaults in imo.the parameters in judging wrong computation is clearly different from a normal case of electoral malpractice and the requirements are far simpler to meet.for instance in wrong computation, result sheets can be tendered by any body while for the latter, the maker of the document must testify.in the former,you don't need witnesses from the polling unit to testify while in the latter,you need them.
Read what I wrote again?
Was it OK for the High Court and in turn the SC disqualify a candidate in a case that is statute-barred? This is just one of them.

The SC corrected itself in the Ibezim v Elebeke case.

For ondo,the non joinder of buni never mattered because non signing of the nomination form is never a ground for disq.the grounds for disq are already spelt out,even odili never argued this. While the constitution frowns at a violation of section 308,no punishment was prescribed. Odili attacked the lower courts for quoting and citing foreign statutes in differentiating executive position but ejembi eko heavily relied on that same foreign laws in writing his minority judgment... You can see the double speak.
Why then do candidates sign their nomination forms? What is in a signature or attestation? Ignorance is not an excuse in the Court of Law.

You say non-joinder never mattered, but that was the major plank the Supreme Court held onto. Justice Agim & Others hid under a fundamental principle of law, Audi Alteram Partem.

I do not see how Section 308 was violated... Well, the truth is no matter how you discredit any of her judgement(s), you have said you hate anything PDP and since you perceive her as pro-PDP, till eternity...whatever I say will not make any sense.

She however will be there till retirement, there is nothing anyone can do about that. Once she retires, I know the next person you'll cross to...We dey here.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by Festflor: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2021
My love for General Wike is unrivaled.
A man who matches his words with actions.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2021
fergie001:

Read what I wrote again?
Was it OK for the High Court and in turn the SC disqualify a candidate in a case that is statute-barred? This is just one of them.

The SC corrected itself in the Ibezim v Elebeke case.

Why then do candidates sign their nomination forms? What is in a signature or attestation? Ignorance is not an excuse in the Court of Law.

You say non-joinder never mattered, but that was the major plank the Supreme Court held onto.

I do not see how Section 308 was violated... Well, the truth is no matter how you discredit any of her judgement (s) good or bad, you have said you hate anything PDP and since you perceive her as pro-PDP, till eternity...whatever I say will not make any sense.

She however will be there till retirement, there is nothing anyone can do.

I was talking about the main case of imo not the pre election.it was not right and they duly corrected themselves later.that is to show you that no one is above mistake.justice oputa once made a remark about their humanness...

The court has said those signatures are mere formalities.the court can even say the signature of the secretary is enough.

On face value,non joinder seems like the major plank because that is what the apieal court focused and also what the media portrayed,but a careful perusal of the judgment shows that aketi was totally covered whether you joined buni or not...

Not everything pdp that iii detest.I perceive inyang okoro as pro pdp but I dont have issues with him.since she is retiring by may,the fg can wait.just 6 months...I was referring to section 183....

Agim his under nothing,his judgment was more superior and broader.... By the way,application of Audi alterem partem even makes him a far more superior judge that considers every angle in reaching a decision.you must always hear all sides and give fair hearing
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by GT84(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2021
DropsMic:
The black man say him wan rule, them give am independence and since the early 1960s till date him still never learn how to rule the right way.

2021 and we still don't know our left from right...
2021 and our politicians are still robbing their own country and stashing the funds away in the white man's land...
2021 and we still dey shout up NEPA...

It's a pity man... unimaginable things happen in Naija_Africa
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by Nackzy: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2021
AuntRose:
Wike, the only governor with five balls. I love your courage and everything you stand for sir!
hello can i have a private chat with you
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:
The court has said those signatures are mere formalities.the court can even say the signature of the secretary is enough.
No judge or Court will say signatures are mere formalities, I very well doubt that. If the Court says anybody can sign..it is understandable however, INEC deals with the National Chairmen of political parties, the reason they sign for convenience.

On face value,non joinder seems like the major plank because that is what the apieal court focused and also what the media portrayed,but a careful perusal of the judgment shows that aketi was totally covered whether you joined buni or not...
Not on face value, it was the major plank because they needed to satisfy Section 36 of the 1999 Constitution.

Not everything pdp that iii detest.I perceive inyang okoro as pro pdp but I dont have issues with him.since she is retiring by may,the FG can wait.just 6 months...I was referring to section 183
The same Inyang that was in the panel that affirmed Buhari in 2019, he even took the lead judgement.

The same Inyang that was the decider in Jegede v Akeredolu...na waoh. I just think you isolate States that are governed by PDP and term whatever with these judges. Little wonder, the FG went after him in 2016.

However, Odili is leaving next year alongside Ejembi Eko. Ariwoola will be second....then Kekere-Ekun....then Inyang.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2021
fergie001:

No judge or Court will say signatures are mere formalities, I very well doubt that. If the Court says anybody can sign..it is understandable however, INEC deals with the National Chairmen of political parties, the reason they sign for convenience.

Not on face value, it was the major plank because they needed to satisfy Section 36 of the 1999 Constitution.

The same Inyang that was in the panel that affirmed Buhari in 2019, he even took the lead judgement.

The same Inyang that was the decider in Jegede v Akeredolu...na waoh. I just think you isolate States that are governed by PDP and term whatever with these judges. Little wonder, the FG went after him in 2016.

However, Odili is leaving next year alongside Ejembi Eko. Ariwoola will be second....then Kekere-Ekun....then Inyang.

I didn't say they said signatures are mere formalities, I implied they might assume so.according to agim,once a candidate emerges from an inec monitored primary,a candidature is live.submission of names becomes administrative and cannot be a ground for exclusion..

Even if you joined buni,it would have made no difeence.fair hearing is always crucial and any case decided without fair hearing is a nullity,the apex court does not joke with fair hearing. Degi wasnt given fair hearing.

Odili was using commonsense and discretion in interpreting section 183.if we follow her,we must then also assume that a violation of that section has voided the immunity clause and the governor must also be punished, then the party before the candidate.you cannot jump the gun.if immunity is waived in electoral matters,it must also be waived when the constitution is blsttantly violated.
Now the constitution did not prescribe punishment and you now cited foreign laws in order to justify yourself
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by alphaNomega: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2021
DropsMic:
The black man say him wan rule, them give am independence and since the early 1960s till date him still never learn how to rule the right way.

2021 and we still don't know our left from right...
2021 and our politicians are still robbing their own country and stashing the funds away in the white man's land...
2021 and we still dey shout up NEPA...
Even before the colonialists came, we did not have a functional system.

Just tell me if there is any lie in my signature
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:
I didn't say they said signatures are mere formalities, I implied they might assume so.according to agim,once a candidate emerges from an inec monitored primary,a candidature is live.submission of names becomes administrative and cannot be a ground for exclusion.
Is assumption not a common sense interpretation? So, once a candidate emerges from an INEC-monitored primary then the Party don't need to submit a name again before the deadline. This is wrong and you know.

INEC's monitoring of primary is not supervisory but only for monitoring.

Even if you joined Buni, it would have made no difeence.fair hearing is always crucial and any case decided without fair hearing is a nullity,the apex court does not joke with fair hearing.
Meaning once a Gov is chairing any political party, it is a foregone conclusion. The Courts can't do anything about it...true.

Degi wasnt given fair hearing.
This is not true......Degi was a Party to the suit. He was the first and main respondent, what other fair hearing do you need. He was chameleonic in his case just as he was in his names, he could not defend himself.

Very untrue, I repeat.

Odili was using commonsense and discretion in interpreting section 183.if we follow her,we must then also assume that a violation of that section has voided the immunity clause and the Governor must also be punished, then the party before the candidate.you cannot jump the gun.if immunity is waived in electoral matters,it must also be waived when the constitution is blatantly violated.
No, you punish breaches of the Constitution...the Supreme Court emphasised on this in the APP v Nwosu case, per Adamu Augie JSC.

How is maybe the dismissal of Aketi's case, a punishment on Buni? This case is not Buni's or for Yobe. It is Aketi's case and he doesn't wear the toga of immunity in electoral cases. Violations of the Constitution must always be punished.

Ignorance is no excuse in the Court of law.

Now the constitution did not prescribe punishment and you now cited foreign laws in order to justify yourself
The funny thing is you have been singing foreign laws, yet the minority judgement was written by Ejembi Eko.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by balhatus: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2021
EVERYTHING RISES AND FALLS ON [size=8pt]LEADERSHIP[/size]

Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 10:55am On Oct 30, 2021
fergie001:

Is assumption not a common sense interpretation? So, once a candidate emerges from an INEC-monitored primary then the Party don't need to submit a name again before the deadline. This is wrong and you know.

INEC's monitoring of primary is not supervisory but only for monitoring.

Meaning once a Gov is chairing any political party, it is a foregone conclusion. The Courts can't do anything about it...true.

This is not true......Degi was a Party to the suit. He was the first and main respondent, what other fair hearing do you need. He was chameleonic in his case just as he was in his names, he could not defend himself.

Very untrue, I repeat.

No, you punish breaches of the Constitution...the Supreme Court emphasised on this in the APP v Nwosu case, per Adamu Augie JSC.

How is maybe the dismissal of Aketi's case, a punishment on Buni? This case is not Buni's or for Yobe. It is Aketi's case and he doesn't wear the toga of immunity in electoral cases. Violations of the Constitution must always be punished.

Ignorance is no excuse in the Court of law.

The funny thing is you have been singing foreign laws, yet the minority judgement was written by Ejembi Eko.

Party doesn't just submit names,it submits nomination forms which contains info about the candidate for the general public and also to the other candidates for litigation purposes...that is why when after primaries,another candidate name is submitted,tge court always reinstate the winner of the primaries...

When I said fair hearing,I didn't say he wasnt a party to the suit or wasnt heard.I meant that the court simply took sides with pdp without considering the evidence of degi.diri only submitted documentary evidence,no witness was called to substantiate his case.he did not prove his case beyond reasonable doubt as required by the evidence act.no forgery or falsification was established of a fundamental nature,what was established was a simple differentials or variations in names....compare his case to that of senator ewrudjakpor...the courts judged his case hurriedly...

The punishment for a breach of section 183 should start from buni.the appointment would not take effect if he didn't accept it and start performing the functions.that section was even explicit when it said an incumbent shall not take any other executive or paid employment.it recognised that the responsibility lies squarely on the governor or president....

It did not matter that odili did not write it,she chaired the panel and totally agreed with it including the funny foreign statutes
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 11:56am On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:
Party doesn't just submit names,it submits nomination forms which contains info about the candidate for the general public and also to the other candidates for litigation purposes...that is why when after primaries, another candidate name is submitted, the court always reinstate the winner of the primaries...
What you will say is that the process is only complete after the submission to INEC.

When I said fair hearing,I didn't say he wasnt a party to the suit or wasnt heard.I meant that the court simply took sides with PDP without considering the evidence of degi.diri only submitted documentary evidence,no witness was called to substantiate his case.he did not prove his case beyond reasonable doubt as required by the evidence act.no forgery or falsification was established of a fundamental nature,what was established was a simple differentials or variations in names....compare his case to that of senator ewrudjakpor...the courts judged his case hurriedly...
What is the hurriedly? The case took 2 months....Senator Lawrence's case was brought forth by 4 parties, don't forget... differently with differing reasons and ideas.

The onus is on you to prove for or against. Is it Diri that will help Degi call his witnesses? When the case was against Lawrence (Bayelsa Dep-Gov), he called witnesses:- RSUST, NYSC, even the Police.

During Ifeanyi Ubah's case:- He brought in NECO as a witness.

During the 2019 election, even President Buhari called in witnesses, an ex-WAEC official...I mean a sitting President.

During the case of Obaseki, he called in witnesses; The Registrar of the University of Ibadan.

In the case of Saleh v Abba, the Federal Poly, Mubi was brought in as a witness.

You don't expect the plaintiff to help you in your case when he wants to win and especially if you have a penchant for changing names like boxers.

Justices Odili, Ariwoola, Inyang, Eko & Augie were on that case.....All very good yet it was unanimous.

Simple differentials or variations of names 5 times.....I hope you also have that differentials of names in your credentials.

If I accuse you that you are not graduate, what is the first thing you do......You call witnesses. He treated the case with levity and paid for it.

The Judgement is well-researched and sound in all ramifications.

The punishment for a breach of section 183 should start from Buni.
From your own Constitution?
The appointment would not take effect if he didn't accept it and start performing the functions.
What is the punishment of AA who fielded Uche Nwosu?
What is the punishment of political parties who field ineligible candidates?
What is the punishment of APC for nominating a defective Deputy-Gov in Bayelsa?
Any punishment for the Party or National Chairman for political parties who field defective candidates?
This argument holds no water.

that section was even explicit when it said an incumbent shall not take any other executive or paid employment. It recognised that the responsibility lies squarely on the governor or president....
What is the punishment of President Buhari if he goes on National TV and slaps someone? NOTHING.
A Gov, his Deputy, President & VP cannot be punished no matter what they do because of the immunity clause. That is why many argue that the Principal should suffer for mistakes made by the agent.

Parties should suffer for their illegalities.

It did not matter that odili did not write it,she chaired the panel and totally agreed with it including the funny foreign statutes
She chaired the panel but she doesn't collect their salaries. They have heads of their own.....like I said before if she chaired the panel and your logic is followed, Will Akeredolu still be Gov today?

Odili joined the Supreme Court 10 years before Agim, Tijjani, & Garba, everyone of them have their Independent decisions to make.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by Randy111(m): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:

You are the jester here.the police withdrew several hours before wike and his partners visited.wike was never there and even if he was, he is powerless in abuja.buhari controls abuja why didn't your wike save onnoghen? Rubbish

Oga jester tell us why the police withdrew. Are you not aware the warrant they came with didn't even bear a name? Besides the court even revoked the so called warrant. I'm sure you also didn't know that
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
fergie001:

What you will say is that the process is only complete after the submission to INEC.

What is the hurriedly? The case took 2 months....Senator Lawrence's case was brought forth by 4 parties, don't forget... differently with differing reasons and ideas.

The onus is on you to prove for or against. Is it Diri that will help Degi call his witnesses? When the case was against Lawrence (Bayelsa Dep-Gov), he called witnesses:- RSUST, NYSC, even the Police.

During Ifeanyi Ubah's case:- He brought in NECO as a witness.

During the 2019 election, even President Buhari called in witnesses, an ex-WAEC official...I mean a sitting President.

During the case of Obaseki, he called in witnesses; The Registrar of the University of Ibadan.

In the case of Saleh v Abba, the Federal Poly, Mubi was brought in as a witness.

You don't expect the plaintiff to help you in your case when he wants to win and especially if you have a penchant for changing names like boxers.

Justices Odili, Ariwoola, Inyang, Eko & Augie were on that case.....All very good yet it was unanimous.

Simple differentials or variations of names 5 times.....I hope you also have that differentials of names in your credentials.

If I accuse you that you are not graduate, what is the first thing you do......You call witnesses. He treated the case with levity and paid for it.

The Judgement is well-researched and sound in all ramifications.

From your own Constitution?

What is the punishment of AA who fielded Uche Nwosu?
What is the punishment of political parties who field ineligible candidates?
What is the punishment of APC for nominating a defective Deputy-Gov in Bayelsa?
Any punishment for the Party or National Chairman for political parties who field defective candidates?
This argument holds no water.

What is the punishment of President Buhari if he goes on National TV and slaps someone? NOTHING.
A Gov, his Deputy, President & VP cannot be punished no matter what they do because of the immunity clause. That is why many argue that the Principal should suffer for mistakes made by the agent.

Parties should suffer for their illegalities.

She chaired the panel but she doesn't collect their salaries. They have heads of their own.....like I said before if she chaired the panel and your logic is followed, Will Akeredolu still be Gov today?

Odili joined the Supreme Court 10 years before Agim, Tijjani, & Garba, everyone of them have their Independent decisions to make.

The onus lies on the petitioner to prove his case and after that, it shifts to the respondent.even if buhari and other cases you cited didn't call witnesses,they would still win.it is an onerous task to prove forgery or falsification. Just send me the full copy of diri vs degi supra...

The case of AA was double nomination and the electoral act clearly prescribes punishment for that.all that makes a candidate ineligible has been well spelt out in the constitution and electoral act.you cannot act or subtract.you must interpret the constitution as it is...dont mix things up or confuse yourself.

Section 183 is clearly targeted at incumbents.no punishment was ever spelt out.if you must punish, you must punish all.if the constitution intended it as a criteria for disq,it would have specified so that odili and her cohorts will not be struggling to look for foreign laws.in summary, his appointment is illegal but not a ground to disq anybody..it may appear as his odili and co misapprehended and misconstrued the matter.the took into accounts matters they should not have taken which resulted in a miscarriage of justice...see uzuegbu vs udengwu,etim udo vs the state,uzodinma vs pdp.... If they had abided by Nigerian laws,they would have arrived at a different conclusion

Agim may be the youngest but he has international experience.that doesn't come cheap..

Governors too must start suffering for their illegalities.we can not pick and choose who to punish.we must stop impunity and uphold our laws.the law is above immunity clause
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by zigzagluv: 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2021
DID YOU SEE THE SEARCH WARRANT , NO TIME AND WRONG ADDRESS
LibertyRep:
If they have a valid search warrant, no body, no matter how highly placed should be seen or act in a way to obstruct a valid instrument of government. The judge knows this much.

But then , this is Nigeria where every tribe seems to protect its own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Northerners Carry Placards To Support Fayose & Show Him Love / Woman Pretends To Be Pregnant To Register Her PVC After 4 Days Of Trying. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.