Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,903 members, 7,909,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 01:17 AM

Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home (58200 Views)

Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack / Thugs Attack Atiku’s Supporter’s (Lee Maeba's) Residence In Rivers (Photos) / Wike Revokes Senator Lee Maeba’s Land In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by zigzagluv: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
THIS IS ABOUT VAT NOT PDP
muykem:
This visit has shown Mary Odlli is representative of PDP in supreme Court.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
Randy111:

Oga jester tell us why the police withdrew. Are you not aware the warrant they came with didn't even bear a name? Besides the court even revoked the so called warrant. I'm sure you also didn't know that

Sorry sir,you are the jester here.you cannot somersault or change the narrative in the middle of the game.you claimed that wike stopped the police from arresting her which is a big lie.accept that you lied and that you are tge jester before introducing new issues son
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by playfrank(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Guy he is not forming it, the man has force.[qWuote author=ThatFairGuy post=107176500]Wike always forming HARD MAN.[/quote]
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by joyandfaith: 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
IamWonderful:
They went with search warrant,

Search warrant with wrong address and no name.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:
The onus lies on the petitioner to prove his case and after that, it shifts to the respondent. Even if Buhari and other cases you cited didn't call witnesses,they would still win.it is an onerous task to prove forgery or falsification. Just send me the full copy of diri vs degi supra...
Why should you leave a loophole for your opponent to exploit?
Take Obaseki for example......you could see how he won his Certificate forgery case. Take Lawrence for example.....at a point when he was summoned, I even said he shouldn't attend which would have been a very wrong move.

Don't let your opponent exploit you.... In written statements during trial, any matter not canvassed for or challemged by you is assumed true. That is what nailed Ihedioha. So, don't allow your opponent a comeback.

Diri v Degi:
HERE

The case of AA was double nomination and the Electoral Act clearly prescribes punishment for that.all that makes a candidate ineligible has been well spelt out in the constitution and electoral act. You cannot act or subtract.you must interpret the constitution as it is...dont mix things up or confuse yourself.
The Electoral Act and the Constitution, which is superior?

The Constitution has detailed how a case can be statute-barred.

The Constitution is clear on that. You cannot build something on nothing. The SC corrected itself in Ibezim v Elebeke.

I will take you down memory lane....In 2007 in the Niger State PDP Primaries...Jubril Bala Hassan defeated other 9 candidates. The PDP substituted his name without his permission or confirmation, contrary to the Electoral Act, with Babangida Aliyu who as at the time of the Primaries was a Federal Civil Servant and didn't participate in the primaries. The substitution came in Feb, the election in April and Bala Hassan went to Court in Nov.

The SC told him he had a valid case but slept on it.

What am I saying....the Constitution is the Constitution, time is of the essence in political cases.

Section 183 is clearly targeted at incumbents.no punishment was ever spelt out.if you must punish, you must punish all.if the constitution intended it as a criteria for disq,it would have specified so that odili and her cohorts will not be struggling to look for foreign laws.in summary, his appointment is illegal but not a ground to disq anybody..it may appear as his odili and co misapprehended and misconstrued the matter.the took into accounts matters they should not have taken which resulted in a miscarriage of justice...see uzuegbu vs udengwu,etim udo vs the state,uzodinma vs pdp.... If they had abided by Nigerian laws,they would have arrived at a different conclusion
Odili & co. didn't misapprehend the matter...
The nomination of Aketi is defective and we all agree with that. Where we differ is if S.308 can insulate Buni and in turn, Aketi.

Nomination of a candidate is complete the moment INEC receives the necessary documents effecting the same from the political party within the stipulated time” (Gwede v INEC, 2014).

And INEC says the National Chair should sign, that is where Aketi's case came to be.

It is however clear that APC is the Principal and Buni is the Agent, which they didn't deny.

About punishment...I remember the case of Global Excellence v Donald Duke. He had sued them for libel with N10b for damages. Global Excellence argued that s.308(1)a: no civil or criminal proceedings shall be instituted or continued against a person to whom this section applies during his period of office was vice-versa; they insisted that the Gov too cannot continue any civil proceedings likewise.

Dahiru Musdapher, JSC at the time took the lead judgement and said....It is morally wrong yes, but the Courts work with evidence and facts and not morality. Whilst The Gov can continue a case against you, you cannot against him. Global Excellence lost.

There is no intendment anywhere for the incumbents but that section was expected to dissuade them which obviously hasn't worked. What about NA assembly members who defect...it is in the constitution but have the Courts done anything about it?

Agim may be the youngest but he has international experience. That doesn't come cheap..
Should I tell you the names of Judges that have International Experience?
The experience is just a secondment at the mercy of the CJN.

Smaller countries like The Gambia, Swaziland and so....request for it. Obande just returned from his a few years ago. When Odili leaves, I think he will go up as well.

Governors too must start suffering for their illegalities.we can not pick and choose who to punish.we must stop impunity and uphold our laws.the law is above immunity clause
I agree with you on that. Tell the lawmakers to do something about it.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by Indabawa1987: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
wicked governor came rescued their Con judge and obstruct court execution, they will all be charged with the screening of offender.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by Mftivi: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
WHITELIGHTER:

It's clear that the Garfield guy is Pro-Apc
Crystal clear
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
fergie001:

Why should you leave a loophole for your opponent to exploit?
Take Obaseki for example......you could see how he won his Certificate forgery case. Take Lawrence for example.....at a point when he was summoned, I even said he shouldn't attend which would have been a very wrong move.

Don't let your opponent exploit you.... In written statements during trial, any matter not canvassed for or challemged by you is assumed true. That is what nailed Ihedioha. So, don't allow your opponent a comeback.

Diri v Degi:
HERE

The Electoral Act and the Constitution, which is superior?

The Constitution has detailed how a case can be statute-barred.

The Constitution is clear on that. You cannot build something on nothing. The SC corrected itself in Ibezim v Elebeke.

I will take you down memory lane....In 2007 in the Niger State PDP Primaries...Jubril Bala Hassan defeated other 9 candidates. The PDP substituted his name without his permission or confirmation, contrary to the Electoral Act, with Babangida Aliyu who as at the time of the Primaries was a Federal Civil Servant and didn't participate in the primaries. The substitution came in Feb, the election in April and Bala Hassan went to Court in Nov.

The SC told him he had a valid case but slept on it.

What am I saying....the Constitution is the Constitution, time is of the essence in political cases.

Odili & co. didn't misapprehend the matter...
The nomination of Aketi is defective and we all agree with that. Where we differ is if S.308 can insulate Buni and in turn, Aketi.

Nomination of a candidate is complete the moment INEC receives the necessary documents effecting the same from the political party within the stipulated time” (Gwede v INEC, 2014).

And INEC says the National Chair should sign, that is where Aketi's case came to be.

It is however clear that APC is the Principal and Buni is the Agent, which they didn't deny.

About punishment...I remember the case of Global Excellence v Donald Duke. He had sued them for libel with N10b for damages. Global Excellence argued that s.308(1)a: no civil or criminal proceedings shall be instituted or continued against a person to whom this section applies during his period of office was vice-versa; they insisted that the Gov too cannot continue any civil proceedings likewise.

Dahiru Musdapher, JSC at the time took the lead judgement and said....It is morally wrong yes, but the Courts work with evidence and facts and not morality. Whilst The Gov can continue a case against you, you cannot against him. Global Excellence lost.

There is no intendment anywhere for the incumbents but that section was expected to dissuade them which obviously hasn't worked. What about NA assembly members who defect...it is in the constitution but have the Courts done anything about it?

Should I tell you the names of Judges that have International Experience?
The experience is just a secondment at the mercy of the CJN.

Smaller countries like The Gambia, Swaziland and so....request for it. Obande just returned from his a few years ago. When Odili leaves, I think he will go up as well.

I agree with you on that. Tell the lawmakers to do something about it.

It is settled law that a petitioner will succeed on the strength of his case and not on the weakness of defence.. See atiku vs buhari supra... Again,forgery like all other criminal offense must be proven beyond reasonable doubt

The electoral act derives its powers from the constitution.in the very case,it never contradicted the constitution.infact,the electoral act emphasizes more on time more than the constitution. The offense of double nomination doesn't contradict the constitution... In nwosu vs aa,the judges never quoted the constitution or electoral act in dispensing the case which was time barred,they simply manufactured it.
In the case of babangida aliyu,his opponent went to court late.moreover,the amechi vs omehia and araraume vs pdp cases remedied it... While it is actually true that nomination ends with submission,disq can never occur through that process...while buni tenure migjht be illegal,it can never be a ground to disq any candidate.at least double nomination was mentioned as a ground for disq,you can't find 183 anywhere...

A time is coming when the judiciary will use a defecting lawmaker lawmaker as a scape goat..the lawmakers usually hide under party division.it will take an abang or ekwo to do it..

You recall I was against justice agim's elevation to the apex court? I preferred justice agube..you mentioned how much international experience and exposure agim has and how he is being prepared for this stage...it is now paying dividends.agim is totally vexed on several aspects of law...

Lord. Justice festus obande ogbuinya is a judge I love,his diction is exhilarating.oho should join him
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2021
garfield1:
It is settled law that a petitioner will succeed on the strength of his case and not on the weakness of defence.. See atiku vs buhari supra... Again,forgery like all other criminal offense must be proven beyond reasonable doubt
Diri proved his case fantastically so the respondent's defence was puerile and empty. Degi treated that case with levity and paid for it. Till date, he hasn't named the notary public that registered his change of name.

Only the maker of a document can effect that change. That one is established.

The electoral act derives its powers from the constitution.in the very case,it never contradicted the constitution.infact,the electoral act emphasizes more on time more than the constitution. The offense of double nomination doesn't contradict the constitution... In nwosu vs AA,the judges never quoted the constitution or electoral act in dispensing the case which was time barred,they simply manufactured it.
Manufactured?
They strongly quoted Section 37 of the Electoral Act, they didn't manufacture it. What they stressed was that illegalities must not be allowed to continue on the premise of technicality.

In the case of Babangida Aliyu,his opponent went to court late.
That is to say, he slept on his case. Time-barred (even if that wasn't the language as it was used then).

Moreover,the Amaechi vs Omehia and Araraume vs PDP cases remedied it...
These cases were in line and the petitioners didn't sleep on their respective cases.

While it is actually true that nomination ends with submission,disq can never occur through that process...
In what process does disqualification occur?
Disqualification and nomination are non-mutually exclusive.
While Buni tenure might be illegal,it can never be a ground to disq any candidate. At least double nomination was mentioned as a ground for disq, you can't find 183 anywhere...
Well, maybe because we do not have brave judges anymore. Illegalities cannot be allowed to continue because of technicalities. It has been re-echoed plenty times.

The issue of Uche Nwosu's double nomination is dead because it existed on nothing.

A time is coming when the judiciary will use a defecting lawmaker lawmaker as a scape goat..the lawmakers usually hide under party division.it will take an abang or ekwo to do it..
Don't mind them.
The Supreme Court ruled on that in 2015. Our Courts are complicit in so many ways.

You recall I was against justice agim's elevation to the apex court? I preferred justice agube..you mentioned how much international experience and exposure agim has and how he is being prepared for this stage...it is now paying dividends.agim is totally vexed on several aspects of law...
I only felt CRS should support Agim because he is younger.....Agim was born 1960. Agube is 1953, so Agim will serve longer.
Agube became a High Court judge in 1998, 10 years before Agim.

I supported Agim because of age.

Lord. Justice Festus Obande Ogbuinya is a judge I love,his diction is exhilarating.oho should join him
Ogbuinya dissented in Yahaya Bello's election...but I think he might roll in.

Oho is good.....Agim & Inyang Okoro are the only guys there.
The SS will replace late Oseji.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
fergie001:

Diri proved his case fantastically so the respondent's defence was puerile and empty. Degi treated that case with levity and paid for it. Till date, he hasn't named the notary public that registered his change of name.

Only the maker of a document can effect that change. That one is established.

Manufactured?
They strongly quoted Section 37 of the Electoral Act, they didn't manufacture it. What they stressed was that illegalities must not be allowed to continue on the premise of technicality.

That is to say, he slept on his case. Time-barred (even if that wasn't the language as it was used then).

These cases were in line and the petitioners didn't sleep on their respective cases.

In what process does disqualification occur?
Disqualification and nomination are non-mutually exclusive.

Well, maybe because we do not have brave judges anymore. Illegalities cannot be allowed to continue because of technicalities. It has been re-echoed plenty times.

The issue of Uche Nwosu's double nomination is dead because it existed on nothing.

Don't mind them.
The Supreme Court ruled on that in 2015. Our Courts are complicit in so many ways.

I only felt CRS should support Agim because he is younger.....Agim was born 1960. Agube is 1953, so Agim will serve longer.
Agube became a High Court judge in 1998, 10 years before Agim.

I supported Agim because of age.

Ogbuinya dissented in Yahaya Bello's election...but I think he might roll in.

Oho is good.....Agim & Inyang Okoro are the only guys there.
The SS will replace late Oseji.

Section 37 still talks about double nomination which is time barred and must come within the 14 days period.infact,all pre election and election offenses are time barred.the judges simply erred and later corrected rightly so...

Legally,disq is only restricted to what the constitution and electoral act specifies.anything outside is illegal.infact,the constitution provided so many disq parameters.the framers could have easily added violation of inec guidelines guidelines if it was their intendment..

I dont rate inyang okoro.I rate JSC ekun,agim,ogunwumiju and Mohammed lawal respectively.I can't remember where oho hails from
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
garfield1:
Section 37 still talks about double nomination which is time barred and must come within the 14 days period.infact,all pre election and election offenses are time barred.the judges simply erred and later corrected rightly so...
We are saying the same thing here.

Legally,disq is only restricted to what the constitution and electoral act specifies.anything outside is illegal.infact,the constitution provided so many disq parameters.the framers could have easily added violation of inec guidelines if it was their intendment..
The administrative process of INEC wrt her guidelines is backed by an Act of the National Assembly. But INEC itself is susceptible to partisanship that's why judges don't want to second-guess.

I dont rate inyang okoro.I rate JSC ekun,agim,ogunwumiju and Mohammed lawal respectively.I can't remember where oho hails from
Oziakpono Oho is Isoko, from Delta State.

You don't rate Okoro, but you rate others because you feel they give favourable judgements to the APC. That one dey sha.......

Little wonder, they are doing everything to enthrone Kekere-Ekun with 2023 around the corner.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
fergie001:

We are saying the same thing here.

The administrative process of INEC wrt her guidelines is backed by an Act of the National Assembly. But INEC itself is susceptible to partisanship that's why judges don't want to second-guess.

Oziakpono Oho is Isoko, from Delta State.

You don't rate Okoro, but you rate others because you feel they give favourable judgements to the APC. That one dey sha.......

Little wonder, they are doing everything to enthrone Kekere-Ekun with 2023 around the corner.

That power given to inec is limited and does not include use of card readers(before electoral amendment)and disq.before inec never had the power to deregister parties until the fourth abi fifth alteration.

I dont see any judge that is pro apc. Most judges were raised during the pdp era so they will likely be loyal to pdp.I see pro pdp judges and neutral judges.you can say cjn might be pro apc since he became cjn forcefully under apc...then jscs Muhammed lawal,samuel oseji

There is no reason to believe that kekere ekun is pro apc.after tanko,you know its ariwoola and someone else before ekun.there is no move to make her cjn that I know of
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
garfield1:
That power given to inec is limited and does not include use of card readers(before electoral amendment)and disq.before inec never had the power to deregister parties until the fourth abi fifth alteration.
All I am saying is INEC Guidelines is backed by an Act of National Assembly. Like all Acts, Judges always line up behind the Constitution as grundnorm because of the history of INEC.

I dont see any judge that is pro apc. Most judges were raised during the PDP era so they will likely be loyal to pdp.I see pro-PDP judges and neutral judges. You can say CJN might be pro-APC since he became CJN forcefully under apc...then jscs Muhammed lawal,samuel oseji
Oseji is dead.
What will you say about Agim who has handled 3 cases since he came into the SC and voted against the PDP on all?

Lawal is still far below....unless death to his superiors, he can't be CJN.

CJN Tanko is even the problem, the reports is that he is becoming non-committal esp with the AGF. His belief & loyalty is to the President but you know Buhari doesn't really interfere in party issues that don't concern "his own circle."

There is no reason to believe that kekere ekun is pro-APC .after tanko,you know its ariwoola and someone else before ekun.there is no move to make her cjn that I know of
Ariwoola has a terminal illness and reports say he could resign any moment. He is supposed to leave in August 2024.

Musa Dattijo from Niger State will leave in 2023 before the CJN. The fallouts of 2023 General Election falls on Kekere-Ekun.

Kekere-Ekun is from Lagos and we all know the influence of Lagos in 2023. Her father was a Crown Counsel of Western Nigeria and later Mayor of Lagos and later Senator. He died 2 years ago at 99.

Her mother is the matriarch of the very prominent Savage family in Lagos.

Her husband, Akin is a big player in the system. He was Atiku's pick for CBN Gov & agreed by OBJ in 2004 before Uba ambushed it for Soludo. She is from Lagos Judiciary, that should send a message.

I hope you will accuse her God keeping us alive, like Odili when judgements begin to go in a manner.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
fergie001:

All I am saying is INEC Guidelines is backed by an Act of National Assembly. Like all Acts, Judges always line up behind the Constitution as grundnorm because of the history of INEC.

Oseji is dead.
What will you say about Agim who has handled 3 cases since he came into the SC and voted against the PDP on all?

Lawal is still far below....unless death to his superiors, he can't be CJN.

CJN Tanko is even the problem, the reports is that he is becoming non-committal esp with the AGF. His belief & loyalty is to the President but you know Buhari doesn't really interfere in party issues that don't concern "his own circle."

Ariwoola has a terminal illness and reports say he could resign any moment. He is supposed to leave in August 2024.

Musa Dattijo from Niger State will leave in 2023 before the CJN. The fallouts of 2023 General Election falls on Kekere-Ekun.

Kekere-Ekun is from Lagos and we all know the influence of Lagos in 2023. Her father was a Crown Counsel of Western Nigeria and later Mayor of Lagos and later Senator. He died 2 years ago at 99.

Her mother is the matriarch of the very prominent Savage family in Lagos.

Her husband, Akin is a big player in the system. He was Atiku's pick for CBN Gov & agreed by OBJ in 2004 before Uba ambushed it for Soludo. She is from Lagos Judiciary, that should send a message.

I hope you will accuse her God keeping us alive, like Odili when judgements begin to go in a manner.

Noo,I thought ariwoola will retire in 2028? If so,he will just persevere till 2024 and then ekun becomes the 2nd female cjn.she is capable of handling the fallout of 2023,she has been preparing herself. She is usually in almost all electoral panels....bode Rhodes also from lagos but was said to be pro pdp

Yes,oseji is dead.let's assume I was referring to the fearless abdu aboki..
Agim only opposed pdp in ondo,dont know of others.it means nothing.I think he will succeed inyang okoro/nweze in 2029 till a northerner succeeds him.I believe buhari will soon appoint a northerner that will stay till at least 2035..
It means soludo is a product of the uba dynasty and the ubas dont produce clean characters
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
garfield1:
Noo,I thought ariwoola will retire in 2028? If so,he will just persevere till 2024 and then ekun becomes the 2nd female cjn.she is capable of handling the fallout of 2023,she has been preparing herself. She is usually in almost all electoral panels....bode Rhodes also from lagos but was said to be pro pdp
Bode Rhodes-Vivour from Lagos Judiciary, pro-PDP?
It is like saying someone from Rivers High Court is pro-APC.

Ariwoola (22/8/1954)...illness is terminal, how many times have you seen him Chair a panel or take lead judgements @ the SC?

Others aren't bad.....She is good but All I am saying is hope you will be ready to tie her judgements to her husband and family's affiliation as you are doing Odili, that's all.

Yes,oseji is dead.let's assume I was referring to the fearless abdu aboki..
In judgements, I am more comfortable with Aboki and Ogunwumiju than others. I followed Aboki when he was at the Appeal Court in Abuja.

Agim only opposed pdp in ondo,dont know of others.it means nothing.
Let me use your logic:

He opposed in Ondo, he dissented in Jarigbe and took the lead judgement in Ibezim v Elebeke.

I think he will succeed inyang okoro/nweze in 2029 till a northerner succeeds him.I believe buhari will soon appoint a northerner that will stay till at least 2035..
He wouldn't....Tijjani from Yobe is his senior....(15/04/1960), Agim (26/4/1960).

It means soludo is a product of the uba dynasty and the ubas dont produce clean characters
Anambarians haven't forgotten that the Ubas burnt down the State during the tenure of Ngige....the reason even within his own Party, there is lack of support.

You cannot burn down your State then return years later to try to lord over them. No Way...

Soludo was Economic Adviser to OBJ when the vacancy came up for CBN Gov in 2004....OBJ conceded the replacement to Atiku who was close to his boss at the time. Atiku picked Akin Kekere-Ekun as 1st Choice and Fola Adeola (GTB) as 2nd, and submitted to his boss who promised to ratify. Uba came in and put so much pressure on Baba for Soludo.

Infact, it is stated that OBJ was so confused that he made sure the announcement was made whilst he was out of the Country 'cos he knew Atiku won't be happy. It was in the same month (May 2004) that Justice Kekere-Ekun was elevated to the Appeal Court after 8 years at the Lagos High Court.

Sooner than later, Soludo had his eyes in Anambra politics & was trying to be in-charge from Abuja. He financially backed Chike Anyaonu for the Aguata Fed Constituency, to counter him Uba sent his boy, Umeoji to the Labour Party (a la Uche Nwosu) and worked against his own Party, the PDP. What Umeoji did was double nomination but Anyaonu lost in the Appeal Court because of some technicalities like using non-qualification rather than disqualification, etc.

Soludo and Uba haven't been friends since that incident.

He that approaches equity must do with clean hands, Uba has to seek forgiveness first.
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by garfield1: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
fergie001:

Bode Rhodes-Vivour from Lagos Judiciary, pro-PDP?
It is like saying someone from Rivers High Court is pro-APC.

Ariwoola (22/8/1954)...illness is terminal, how many times have you seen him Chair a panel or take lead judgements @ the SC?

Others aren't bad.....She is good but All I am saying is hope you will be ready to tie her judgements to her husband and family's affiliation as you are doing Odili, that's all.

In judgements, I am more comfortable with Aboki and Ogunwumiju than others. I followed Aboki when he was at the Appeal Court in Abuja.

Let me use your logic:

He opposed in Ondo, he dissented in Jarigbe and took the lead judgement in Ibezim v Elebeke.

He wouldn't....Tijjani from Yobe is his senior....(15/04/1960), Agim (26/4/1960).

Anambarians haven't forgotten that the Ubas burnt down the State during the tenure of Ngige....the reason even within his own Party, there is lack of support.

You cannot burn down your State then return years later to try to lord over them. No Way...

Soludo was Economic Adviser to OBJ when the vacancy came up for CBN Gov in 2004....OBJ conceded the replacement to Atiku who was close to his boss at the time. Atiku picked Akin Kekere-Ekun as 1st Choice and Fola Adeola (GTB) as 2nd, and submitted to his boss who promised to ratify. Uba came in and put so much pressure on Baba for Soludo.

Infact, it is stated that OBJ was so confused that he made sure the announcement was made whilst he was out of the Country 'cos he knew Atiku won't be happy. It was in the same month (May 2004) that Justice Kekere-Ekun was elevated to the Appeal Court after 8 years at the Lagos High Court.

Sooner than later, Soludo had his eyes in Anambra politics & was trying to be in-charge from Abuja. He financially backed Chike Anyaonu for the Aguata Fed Constituency, to counter him Uba sent his boy, Umeoji to the Labour Party (a la Uche Nwosu) and worked against his own Party, the PDP. What Umeoji did was double nomination but Anyaonu lost in the Appeal Court because of some technicalities like using non-qualification rather than disqualification, etc.

Soludo and Uba haven't been friends since that incident.

He that approaches equity must do with clean hands, Uba has to seek forgiveness first.

He wasnt the only one that dissented in jarigbe.even ogunwumiju dissented and both of us agreed with the minority judgment.
Not all the ubas are bad,it is just Chris uba and ugo uba...you should say the people that are irrelevant in apc are not backing him.he knows that anambra apc is weak and cannot help him that is why he is fishing for strong people in apga and pdp...
Re: Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home by fergie001: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
garfield1:
He wasnt the only one that dissented in jarigbe.even ogunwumiju dissented and both of us agreed with the minority judgment.
Did you also agree that the Bayelsa Judgement involved 5 Senior Justices and it was unanimous yet it was a pro-PDP judgement, do you now see the logic?

Not all the ubas are bad,it is just Chris uba and ugo uba...you should say the people that are irrelevant in APC are not backing him.he knows that Anambra apc is weak and cannot help him that is why he is fishing for strong people in APGA and PDP...
He neither condemned nor disassociated himself from that act till today. He is complicit, period.

Let him continue to fish.....the people he is fishing have 2023 in mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Northerners Carry Placards To Support Fayose & Show Him Love / Woman Pretends To Be Pregnant To Register Her PVC After 4 Days Of Trying. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.