Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,834 members, 7,976,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 07:52 PM

Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries (27095 Views)

Members Of Ghana Church Pray With Passport & Flags Of Countries They Want / Religious Persecution: US Places Nigeria On Special Watch List Of Countries / The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by geechy: 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
mamaafrik:
false alarm,have you stayed in the North for more than 2 years??

Baba I heard plenty gist about northerners o.

Most of their young men in the northeast go just wake up in the morning sitdon dey gist. Their women will go out in search of firewood, and other items to prepare food even with their pregnancy...no help from the man. A times if he wish he may go out and get wood in the bush or do menial jobs to get some money. The woman comes back. Next tin, he climbs her. ....

E plenty
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by sureinfo: 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
PlayMaker14:
In a nutshell, the US have wash their hands off this country....
we don enter better soup be that
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
Standardcosting:
What was the basis for delisting?
exactly
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by 02Kebreal(m): 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again christain who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think the false alarms we Christian raise is the reason why the western nations were deceived into thinking that we Christians are truly persecuted. Thank God the USA can see through our lies and mischief. There is no islamization agenda anywhere. We really need to copy the examples of our lord Jesus and stop heating up the polity sad

1 Like

Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by 02Kebreal(m): 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
IPOB IN CIFIA PAIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by J3susFr3ak: 11:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
STRI1:

Same islam me and millions of Nigerians practise, if that terrorism is in Islam, no christian should then remain in NIGERIA. Same islam with hundreds of professors of Islamic studies in southwest Nigeria.

Same islam with over 50 majourity countries over 1.6(1/4) billion on earth. No one should remain human if islam is terrorism. Stop the hate, it only keeps islam growing

When has stressing "reality" and truth translate to hate?

Here let me explain it you. You know Diet Coke and real Coke? Or is it Coke Lite? Anyways, the greater perception by most of the core Hausa Fulanis is that the type of Islam you guys in the SW practice is like their Diet Coke to their "Real" coke. In other words, not quite the real thing as theirs! (You sense a lot of that in Middle Belt places like Jos too where Yoruba Muslims are seen as legitimate target of attacks by the same Hausa Fulanis during any crises). One time a Yoruba Muslim lead the major Friday prayers I was told. But the Hausa Fulanis insisted on repeating the whole Friday prayer again because they realized later on that a "Yoruba Muslim" had lead them earlier.....And this is because most of them still believe that Yorubas have greater inclinations or affinities to fetishism in addition to greater loyalty to the Yoruba culture and ethnicity than to their Northern version of Islam...whatever that is. Hence they would want to see as you as mere convenient tools....but will not hesitate to also attack you the way they do attack Christians as has been the case in Jos. If you know any Yoruba Muslim in Jos...call them on the phone...ask them for their feedback.

You are comfortable in the SW and so the intensity of these types of Islamic pointed attacks and war of attrition being waged with full support of the FG in many Middle Betl villages is still on-going--may be lost to you! Here is a Yoruba man, Rev. Canon Bayo James Famonure , doing the Lord's work in a village near Jos--even opening a school and preaching Christ peacefully in that environment....only for the spawn from hell "Buhari emboldened" Fulani Terrorists that have been constantly attacking the area--invade his house and almost kill him! They sadly killed some others in the process...(Read the details here: https://universalreportersng.com/detail-by-detail-of-how-gunmen-attacked-messiah-college-mission-compound-at-gana-ropp-barkin-ladisee-photos-of-the-attack-inside-stefanos-foundation/ --you can google his name and read more about him. In fact I encourage you as a Yoruba person to try to contact this Yoruba Reverend and ask him questions about the greater wicked Islamization agenda your fellow Hausa Fulani muslims are cooking up for the country. I am sure he would have a lot of candid things to say to you...because the siege like situation and attacks have not relented.

And this is just one example out of hundreds of thousands others in the same pattern....

I am from the Middle Belt and I can understand that feeding beast of "one Nigeria" in its current form is simply pure evil and unsustainable....that is, where the "winner takes all" mentality allows Islam loot oil wealth to foist a massive and wicked Jihad against innocents--is simply insane. Stop feeding the beast! Restructure and if that does not work...let the Islamists have their own playground to murder each other...and let others who feel comfortable around each other create their own nations also.

Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by UnabashedIPOB: 12:06am On Nov 18, 2021
"Finally, I am designating al-Shabab, Boko Haram, Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, the Houthis, ISIS, ISIS-Greater Sahara, ISIS-West Africa, Jamaat Nasr al-Islam wal-Muslimin, and the Taliban as Entities of Particular Concern."

There you have it! For those of you Buhari Apologists, One Liegeria Advocates, Sai Babarians, Humbled Slaves, Social Media Almajiris and Sophisticated M0R0NS who pass sleepless nights at the mention of IPOB/ESN, the US STILL has NOT designated IPOB/ESN as a terrorist group despite all the moves by your TERRORIST FULANI government to accomplish that. So, you now have ONLY two options, either you go and bury your self in shame or go and jump in the lake and drown in your misery.
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Gerrard59(m): 12:30am On Nov 18, 2021
Murio001:
Wait, I see people complaining that they've experienced religious discrimination one way or the other and I can confirm that it's absolutely not true. I have a lot of friends who are Christians and living a peaceful and safe loge in the North so obviously even if there's religious discrimination in some regions, I'm sure it's the barest minimum and not as bad as they're exaggerating it.

So the pastors who have been slaughtered relentlessly across Kano, Kebbi and Kaduna are what - Buddhists? The Christians in Southern Kaduna who have been massacred are what - hindustan?

If you must lie, please do so intelligently.
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Gerrard59(m): 12:34am On Nov 18, 2021
Reptyle:

Terrorists don't care whether you are Muslim or not. Everyone is fair game to be used in furthering their ideology. Neither do bandits...they are only after money

Big fat lie!

If so, why have there been disproportionately more attacks on Christians across Northern Nigeria than Muslims by Islamic inspired jihadists?
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by zedman1(m): 1:19am On Nov 18, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again christain who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think the false alarms we Christian raise is the reason why the western nations were deceived into thinking that we Christians are truly persecuted. Thank God the USA can see through our lies and mischief. There is no islamization agenda anywhere. We really need to copy the examples of our lord Jesus and stop heating up the polity sad
Thank you! Too many people blinded by sentiments. If one happens to make any reasonable statement like yours these days, all they do is insult you.
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Luvvy01(f): 1:49am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by seunayantokun(m): 2:12am On Nov 18, 2021
The earlier you know your religious, political and economic problems are weapons of enslavement for US, UK, France, China, etc, the better for you.

I shake my head especially for those who think Christianity is a connection for help from abroad instead of looking above and do the will, walk in the way and obey the Word of God. The gods of those countries are their economies which are never tired of gulping the blood, sweat and tears of Africans and other human beings in impoverished countries all over the world. Their worshippers cannot but offer you to them always.

During the last general election in the USA, some were Trumping on nairaland here for the racist without trying to know who the man really is. Is there any difference between him and the Bidening weakling? I answer NO. If you believe otherwise, you're on your own.

Am I blaming developed countries for our woes? NOOOO. They are doing what they are supposed to do for their people while our own foolishness is killing us through mad cancerous self-centredness that pervades our regions and religions.

Let's hold on to The Bible, do the will of Him Who redeemed us by living in and planting the true Gospel of repentance from dead works and faith towards God everywhere through Christ, jettisoning the destructive gospel of materialism which is our major undoing. Then let's see if God will not deliver us even from our human oppressors. Acts says, 'Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved' (4:12). That is primarily about salvation from sin but does not exclude deliverance from physical oppressions and afflictions. If God didn't deny us His own Son Jesus Christ, He will not deny us all other things that we need for life and godliness ( Romans 8:3, see also 2Peter 1:3).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Chibuezem(m): 2:57am On Nov 18, 2021
GOTVee:
then you must be very blind bro
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Murio001: 3:07am On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

So the pastors who have been slaughtered relentlessly across Kano, Kebbi and Kaduna are what - Buddhists? The Christians in Southern Kaduna who have been massacred are what - hindustan?

If you must lie, please do so intelligently.

I must commend you guts and courage to quote me with this nonsense you've written. You mentioned that pastors were killed in the North without any proper evidence. I maintain my opinion because beyond every reasonable doubt, no body has provided any single evidence. And you're well aware that we are not talking about ethnic discrimination but religious discrimination.
Respect yourself if you have any left and don't @ me again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Decide2rise: 4:01am On Nov 18, 2021
GOTVee:
This mumu Muslim man when will you stop claiming to be Christian ? We know you and your ilks
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Karnice600: 4:24am On Nov 18, 2021
BigSarah:
When Nigeria was Listed, how did the US help the persecuted?...

If your religion is being persecuted, change religion...

Conform if you can't fight back

All religions are kuku the same.

Change religion to conform?

Do you live for something? Or you live for anything or nothing?
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Caseless: 4:41am On Nov 18, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
Because they know that Nigerian Christians are not pushovers. And they have also seen that the Fulani bandits and killers that were originally set up to destroy Christian communities in the North, have now turned against their fellow Muslims as well.
una mumu sha
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Karnice600: 4:43am On Nov 18, 2021
GOTVee:

Looks like your Christianity is just for filling of forms and documentation. If you had a family member who passed on by religious massacres up north, I don't think you'll post this. E never reach your door mat that's why. This 'mind your business, e no concern me' kinda life has not and will never help us in any way. Peter wouldn't have made it past the prison bars if the early Christians had this mindset you have.
Have you ever watched a relative of yours die in front of you, slaughtered by armed men for choosing to believe what they don't believe? Do you even know what intercession is? If yes, when was the last time you interceded for a soul?
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Caseless: 4:43am On Nov 18, 2021
Standardcosting:
What was the basis for delisting?
what's the basis for listing Nigeria? From propaganda by enemies of Nigeria like Nnamdi Kanu some other idiots. Just lies.
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by chiefobdk2: 5:46am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Bellotelli: 6:26am On Nov 18, 2021
because it is now clear that this killings are not religious motivated but a clear political and economic case.
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by lasisi69: 6:42am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Gerrard59(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2021
Murio001:

I must commend you guts and courage to quote me with this nonsense you've written. You mentioned that pastors were killed in the North without any proper evidence. I maintain my opinion because beyond every reasonable doubt, no body has provided any single evidence. And you're well aware that we are not talking about ethnic discrimination but religious discrimination.
Respect yourself if you have any left and don't @ me again

https://www.thecable.ng/pastor-killed-by-youths-in-kano-for-shielding-church-member-from-jungle-justice/amp

https://punchng.com/ecwa-pastor-murdered-in-kaduna-community/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-16436112

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2020/january/nigeria-boko-haram-kidnapped-pastor-hostage-video-testimony.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-war-against-africas-christians-11576880200

It's very easy to find lots of links to articles where jihadists and islamists have slaughtered Christians enmass across Northern Nigeria. Just type "pastor/Christians killed in blah blah blah state" and loads of links to articles with some dating back to early 2000s. Yet you're asking for respect?!

You're a cretinous fvcktard and murderer who can't even lie intelligently. Way worse than LegalWolf and Mycoin.

Useless riff-raffs!

1 Like

Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by writeprof(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2021
fergie001:
The U.S. Government in December 2019, placed Nigeria to a “Special Watch List (SWL)” of countries that have engaged in or tolerated “severe violations of religious freedom.”

The man said nothing about delisting Nigeria na
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Reptyle(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Big fat lie!

If so, why have there been disproportionately more attacks on Christians across Northern Nigeria than Muslims by Islamic inspired jihadists?

Where did you get your figures from? Amnesty Nigeria? CAN?

Don't believe everything you read online.
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Gerrard59(m): 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
Reptyle:

Where did you get your figures from? Amnesty Nigeria? CAN?

Don't believe everything you read online.

Check my post two posts above.

I should believe a random Reptyle on Nairaland but I should disregard a report on the Wall Street Journal? shocked
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Gerrard59(m): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
@Murio001,

I thought you said I'm a liar?

Cretinous Islamic terrorist!
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Murio001: 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

https://www.thecable.ng/pastor-killed-by-youths-in-kano-for-shielding-church-member-from-jungle-justice/amp

https://punchng.com/ecwa-pastor-murdered-in-kaduna-community/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-16436112

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2020/january/nigeria-boko-haram-kidnapped-pastor-hostage-video-testimony.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-war-against-africas-christians-11576880200

It's very easy to find lots of links to articles where jihadists and islamists have slaughtered Christians enmass across Northern Nigeria. Just type "pastor/Christians killed in blah blah blah state" and loads of links to articles with some dating back to early 2000s. Yet you're asking for respect?!

You're a cretinous fvcktard and murderer who can't even lie intelligently. Way worse than LegalWolf and Mycoin.

Useless riff-raffs!
Asking who for respect? A child with no manners would test his strength with that of his father.
I dont blame you, I blame the ancestral curse that was placed on your family
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by J3susFr3ak: 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bellotelli:
because it is now clear that this killings are not religious motivated but a clear political and economic case.

Continue to lie and deceive yourself there...

Ultimately your end will not be good if your persist in this path.
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Murio001: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:
@Murio001,

I thought you said I'm a liar?

Cretinous Islamic terrorist!
The thing still dey pain you? REST! NO KILL YOURSELF HAHAHA
Re: Religious Persecution: US Delists Nigeria On "Special Watch List" Of Countries by Gerrard59(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

Continue to lie and deceive yourself there...

Ultimately your end will not be good if your persist in this path.

They are not just lying but gaslighting unsuspecting readers into believing that the news of Christians being slaughtered if false or make readers doubt their sensibilities when reading the news. In Islam, it's called Taqiya. Murio001, Mycoin and LegalWolf are Islamic jihadists perpetuating the narrative that their ilks aren't slaughtering Christians across Northern Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend / Pastor Olukoya: Will The Women Enlarging Their Buttocks Make Heaven? / The Bible Forbids Tattoos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.