Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,069 members, 7,890,522 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:21 PM

What Happens To Those That Take Vengence To Themself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens To Those That Take Vengence To Themself (897 Views)

What Happens To Olisa Metuh's N300million Bail Money? - Pastor Adeboye's Son / Vengence Is Mine; I Will Repay, Saith The Lord. / Those Who Call Themself Christian & Muslim Are The Satan Of This World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happens To Those That Take Vengence To Themself by Swaltz(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2007
Dear Beloved, smiley

Please i want to let you know dat indeed this message had changed my life that is why i want it to affect more lives today. If you keep vengence to yourself;it hurts and will ruin you as well so put your trust in the lord and you will see brighter morning in your life everyday.

God has given us many good gifts. Gifts of health, food, work, friends, and especially the gift of Himself. His gifts to us overflow in abundance, meeting our needs far more than we realize. There are two things, however, that God has not given us.

One is vengeance. God says in so many words, "Vengeance belongs to me and me alone." He is reminding us to keep hands off when it comes to backbiting or evening the score. You may say that vengeance is sweet, but God says,"Vengeance is mine."

God has good reasons for warning you against getting even or retaliating against a friend. He knows that revenge can too easily infect ;you with anger, resentment, or a spirit of bitterness. He also wants you to know that it is not your place to judge and condemn another person. Leave judgment to God.

How wonderful to think, though, that one day on the other side of eternity, we who are saints will judge the world with the Lord Jesus (1 Corinthians 6:2). Until that time, leave in God's hands what is rightfully His. Vengeance is the Lord's, not yours.

Judge of all the world, I am so grateful that You have given to me so many beautiful gifts - all things are mine, and I acknowledge that I have enough. I do not want a spirit of revenge, for vengeance is Yours and Yours alone. Forgive me for retaliating against people around me. I leave judgment to You until that day when You will invite all the saints to judge the world in righteousness and truth.

I was told by my mother that if am offended by someone that i shld count from number 1-10 before i know it i would've forgetten the action i talk at the time of creating inspirations.

Think about this,

From,

Swaltz
sforsza@yahoo.com,
Re: What Happens To Those That Take Vengence To Themself by pilgrim1(f): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2007
Mothers have wisdom that help us along the way. I'm not so sure that counting 1 to any number can solve some very serious hurts, though.

Let's be pratical. While not necessarily disagreeing with the above, perhaps we should look at the issue of 'judging' from another aspect. There are two understandings of what it means to "judge" or to "not judge". As far as pronouncing divine sentence on people condeming them with a note of finality either to hell or to a serious unpalatable destiny, Scripture is clear: "Judge NOT". For that we may read Matt. 7:1 and Luke 6:37.

However, when it comes to understanding how we relate as believers in the Body and the House of God, I believe Scripture presents us with the other aspect. First, it was the Lord Himself who asked us to judge in John 7:24 -- "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." Again, when there are issues between believers in a Church, the apostle urged that we try to quickly and fairly resolve matters between ourselves before they get out of hand and lead to very embarrassing situations publicly: "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? . . . If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church" (1 Cor. 6:2 & 4).

By extension also, we read about how collectively the Church is to deliberate on matters affecting fellowship between brethren in Church in Matt. 18:15-17. There the Lord Himself indicates that the matter of a brother who refuses to repent after having wronged another should be regarded as an unbeliever - "let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican".

Often, we stop short at quoting that popular phrase: "judge n[/b]ot". But not as often do we remember to balance it with the fact that God expects us to make informed decisions on certain aspects of life within the Body of Christ for a healthy fellowship. The balance between the two can be found, for example, in [b]1 Cor. 5:12 & 13 --

"For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person."

Blessings.

(1) (Reply)

Church Business (selling The Gospel)- Marketing,investment And Diversification / Armed Robbers Surrender…receive Support From Prophet Tb Joshua / The Beauty Of The Bible: Romans 12, Pls. Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.