Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,856 members, 7,879,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State (7343 Views)

Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO / LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara / See How Corps Members Get Water In Gwer West LGA, Benue State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
Wylout:

@ Kobojunkie::::  You might feel cool about seeing things outside the box but i personally dislike you for reasons beyond words!!!
I've tried to overlook your previous posts on other threads and i've concluded that you have no value for human life.
Watch what you say or write on a public forum!

Imagine this thing threatening me in a public forum.  I watch what I post or you do what?

Look, it's real easy, if you are so immature that opinion posts on a PUBLIC FORUM offend you to this extent, it may be sign that THIS is not for you!! Go play a game or knit some sweaters or something elsewhere.  grin
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
edicolove:

You people talk as if the same Boro haram cannot try to replicate the northern problem in the south south just to make the south south look like its the same with the north. Not saying this is the case but it is very possible. so dont make any conclusions yet. No south south person will go and do that because his own people will fish him out and no oen will ever support him.

I get it

Boko Haram chased corpers from Borno through Yobe, Bauchi, Gombe, Plateau. Nassarawa, Benue, Anambra, Enugu, Abia and now stopped at Port harcourt to kidnap them after being sponsored by CPC and Buhari?

Very smart reasoning.

Now where is the petition to withdraw Corp members from South South?
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
Wylout:

@ Kobojunkie:::: You might feel cool about seeing things outside the box but i personally dislike you for reasons beyond words!!!
I've tried to overlook your previous posts on other threads and i've concluded that you have no value for human life.

OR ELSE??
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Abagworo(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
The sudden increase in crime immediately after the elections leaves most people in Rivers State having a kind of suspicious feeling towards Amaechi's opponents Omehia and Abiye Sekibo.Armed men just open fire on innocent Policemen,harmless corpers get abducted and what have you.I think all Rivers men should join hands to move Rivers forward and stop all the unnecessary violence.
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Iysayah(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
Wylout:

@ Kobojunkie::::  You might feel cool about seeing things outside the box but i personally dislike you for reasons beyond words!!!
dont sweat it bro, not everyone knows how to respond to issues in public forums. undecided.

Its just a pity that life has a different definition in Nigeria. Just this week alone we have a list of killed and kidnapped.wondering about those whose story we never hear and are silently creeping to their graves. undecided
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by gidson12(m): 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2011
and a monarch recently raaped a female corper in one of the western states, Osun state, its shocking too
www.naijan.com/osun-state-monarch-arrested-for-allegedly-despoiling-a-female-corper/
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by cmon(m): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
[size=14pt]This is a shame. No single value is being attached to the NYSC programme again. I remember when the programme used to be the pride of every youth. Now it's all a sham and everyone's running away from it. angry angry angry

A total shame!
[/size]
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Abagworo(m): 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
Gunmen abduct 5 corps members
…as hoodlums kill 2 policemen
From HENRY CHUKWURAH, Port Harcourt
Thursday, June 09, 2011

More Stories on This Section

Five members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) serving in Rivers State have been abducted. The corps members, including four females were said to have been whisked away by gunmen somewhere at Omademe in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state while on the way to their place of primary assignment.

The abduction occurred just as suspected hoodlums killed two policemen and wounded another in the early hours of yesterday in Port Harcourt. Sources told Daily Sun that the corps members were riding in a car belonging to one of them when the gunmen struck. No group had claimed responsibility for the abduction as at press time.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the NYSC directorate in the state, Mr. Esan told Daily Sun that officials of the directorate had been sent to the area to obtain details of the incident.

He confirmed that only one male was among the victims.The Commissioner of Police, Mr Suleiman Abba said vigorous search by several police teams in the surrounding areas had commenced to trace the abducted corps members. He said all hands were on deck on the investigation that would lead to the rescue of the victims and arrest of the gunmen.

In another development, two policemen died and another one wounded when suspected gunmen attacked some policemen on duty under Eliozu bridge in Port Harcourt in the wee hours of yesterday.The dead are an inspector and a corporal, while the wounded is a police constable. He was reportedly shot in the abdomen.
The incident occurred few days after a similar attack on a police patrol team in the outskirts of the capital city in which two policemen were felled by hoodlums.

Unconfirmed sources stated that the gunmen in the latest attack, went away with the rifles of the dead policemen.
It was gathered that the wounded policeman was receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital. When contacted, Police spokesman, Mr. Benjamin Ugwuegbulam (DSP) told Daily Sun that investigation was still in progress to trace the culprits and recover their weapons.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/09/national-09-06-2011-010.html
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by phreakabit(m): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2011
10 NYSC members killed during a major riot( that left about 800 people dead) in MORE THAN one northern states vs 5 NYSC members kidnapped, and possibly dead by gun men in just one state in the Eastern States(i.e South-South, South East) . . . . I think it is safe to conclude, in much the same way many rushed to conclude on the 10 deaths in the MANY STATES in the north, that the South East is also not safe for NYSC members. Or should we wait till the number reaches 10, and bodies are discovered or something? Cheesy Why not declare a state of emergency now and withdraw NYSC members now, before it is too late.

Your statement clearly confirms my speculations of you being one of the dumbest humans to have ever walked the earth. You are as intelligent as a sperm cell you have no clue whatsoever of anything you say! Coke Junkie!
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by aljharem3: 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
gidson12:

and a monarch recently raaped a female corper in one of the western states, Osun state, its shocking too
www.naijan.com/osun-state-monarch-arrested-for-allegedly-despoiling-a-female-corper/

can i ask how this relates to the thread or topic undecided

this is where we fight oo
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Arrowman(m): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
pls the issue of south south or south east shouldnt arrive yet.we are taking of the palmwine that just poured and you busy speaking of the one remaining in the jar. i want govt to take serious action against this our NYSC wahallas! ah are we going to be sacrificing our future hopes just like that.boko haram in the north and now kidnappers in south.i just guess we should cancel all this NYSC of a thing in naija.
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Iysayah(m): 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
Much as I am, and i am sure others, are saddened by this despicable thirst to torture and kill NYSC members, i am mostly appalled at the way the cases ALL SEEM TO DIE OFF UNTIL ANOTHER MEMBER IS KILLED AGAIN.
I can guess , as often, what will be the end result of this, both in this forum and Nigeria as  soon as the nationalities of these corpers are  revealed:

1.  this thread immediately derails into Igbo vs Yoruba vs Hausa crap,

2. someone comes on calling Nigeria a failed state and claiming Biafra is the way out for the East ,

3. Another from his base in the UK/US bashes the eastern fo.ol and claims the 'Wise Yorubas' would be better off without Others,

4. The educated Northern brother sees vindication from this, accuses Nigeria of been unsafe to all, says Boko Haram is an illterate group like the NURTW in OSUN or wherever, and the kidnappers in the East,

5. the problem is forgotten, as topic turns into key-punching curses, swear words, abuses and the what nots,

6. Another news of GEJ promising 5M to families( if their children are found dead)

7. Everyone takes a swipe at GEJ, calling the clueless man names. undecided

this is a deeper trouble than ethnic superiority trash. Are we confused as a nation or we just dont know where to start from?
but the battle could begin.
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
Arrowman:

pls the issue of south south  or south east shouldnt arrive yet.we are taking of the palmwine that just poured and you busy speaking of the one remaining in the jar. i want govt to take serious action against this  our NYSC wahallas! ah are we going to be sacrificing our future hopes just like that.boko haram in the north and now kidnappers in south.i just guess we should cancel all this NYSC of a thing in naija.

Cancel ke? Government already said no to that. All we need is the petition to sign to get them withdrawn from the South Eastern States before it gets worse.  grin grin
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by aljharem3: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
Iysayah:

Much as I am, and i am sure others, are saddened by this despicable thirst to torture and kill NYSC members, i am mostly appalled at the way the cases ALL SEEM TO DIE OFF UNTIL ANOTHER MEMBER IS KILLED AGAIN.
I can guess , as often, what will be the end result of this, both in this forum and Nigeria as  soon as the nationalities of these corpers are  revealed:

1.  this thread immediately derails into Igbo vs Yoruba vs Hausa crap,

2. someone comes on calling Nigeria a failed state and claiming Biafra is the way out for the East ,

3. Another from his base in the UK/US bashes the eastern fo.ol and claims the 'Wise Yorubas' would be better off without Others,

4. The educated Northern brother sees vindication from this, accuses Nigeria of been unsafe to all, says Boko Haram is an illterate group like the NURTW in OSUN or wherever, and the kidnappers in the East,

5. the problem is forgotten, as topic turns into key-punching curses, swear words, abuses and the what nots,

6. Another news of GEJ promising 5M to families( if their children are found dead)

this is a deeper trouble than ethnic superiority trash. Are we confused as a nation or we just dont know where to start from?
but the battle could begin.

really sad

we are not 1 nation, tat is the reality
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Iysayah:

WOW . . .  I am against numbers 1 through 4 as I feel all those who get involved in all that nonsense are id-iots seeking relevance online. #5, I will definitely admit to be a major issue --- we tend to FORGET easy-- we sit back to wait for the NEXT HAPPENING to scream again in horror as if we are doing it all for the first time but 6 & 7  , are you for real? shocked You mean the President, who controls the police force and security, should not be blamed at all?
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by 3kay945(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
I tire 4 dis una country o, but who is 2pay d ransom?
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Iysayah(m): 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . .  I am against numbers 1 through 4 as I feel all those who get involved in all that nonsense are id-iots seeking relevance online. #5, I will definitely admit to be a major issue --- we tend to FORGET easy-- we sit back to wait for the NEXT HAPPENING to scream again in horror as if we are doing it all for the first time but through #6-7  , are you for real? shocked
yeah, i guessed as much.
the battle has just begun.
thanks but i dont dig that
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by gidson12(m): 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
alj_harem:

can i ask how this relates to the thread or topic undecided

this is where we fight oo
are you asking me, are we not discussing about the odds and predicaments of the corpers at their respective states of service. . . . .
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
Iysayah:

yeah, i guessed as much.
the battle has just begun.
thanks but i dont dig that

I have no idea what the response above means!
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Iysayah(m): 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I have no idea what the response above means!
the president is not an alpha and omega, he wouldnt know what is happening in Rivers from Aso rock. but thats his headache. i aint taking drugs for him.
As for the bashing, i try to avoid it. its meaningless thats what i meant. wink
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Iysayah(m): 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
@kobojunkie, so you could sheath your sword. atleast for tonight.
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
Iysayah:

the president is not an alpha and omega, he wouldnt know what is happening in Rivers from Aso rock. but thats his headache. i aint taking drugs for him.
As for the bashing, i try to avoid it. its meaningless thats what i meant. wink

Newsflash, the reason this is forgotten, and then we wait till the next, is because the commander in chief REFUSES to do his job. You may not like it but that is the truth.

In Nigeria, the federal is in charge of/in control of the police. So when security goes to hell, you wonder why the Federal is not doing a good job at securing the people. I know we like to DENY this, especially when we feel partial to one politician or another, but that is the reality of things here. 800 people died in a country where

a) it is KNOWN FACT that elections usually turn DANGEROUS
b) there were signs and information available prior that there would be riots on the streets
c) The responders did not respond with full force from the beginning.

The world knows what the problem is . . . . we know what the problem is . . . denying it will not change that.
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Iysayah(m): 12:15am On Jun 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Newsflash, the reason this is forgotten, and then we wait till the next, is because the commander in chief REFUSES to do his job. You may not like it but that is the truth.

In Nigeria, the federal is in charge of/in control of the police. So when security goes to hell, you wonder why the Federal is not doing a good job at securing the people. I know we like to DENY this, especially when we feel partial to one politician or another, but that is the reality of things here. 800 people died in a country where

a) it is KNOWN FACT that elections usually turn DANGEROUS
b) there were signs and information available prior that there would be riots on the streets
c) The responders did not respond with full force from the beginning.

The world knows what the problem is . . . . we know what the problem is . . . denying it will not change that.
of course the federal is in charge, no one is denying it, but who is blamed when things like this happen? The president? or the Police chiefs entrusted with securing the lives of Nigerians?
we know our problems, its just too deep that we see little from our monitors, Is there not a crackdown on kidnappers and militants in the East? how come they still thrive and dare even further?
when we stop seeing one man as the failure of Nigeria, we are probably on our way to seeing other problems. As for GEJ, i dont fancy him, if thats what you think , but even if the best of presidents were to be there, you dont expect him manning the road blocks in a hidden road in Rivers, do you?
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by kpogede77: 12:24am On Jun 09, 2011
While it is not impossible for those sponsoring Boko Haram to sponsor the kidnap to make a point, I want to say here that this is just a rehears er of things to come. We have told the government before now to scrap NYSC or let  every body serve in their state. But GEJ said no. He undermined the calls by online people to scrap the NYSC. I have said it before now that if GEJ refuse to accept our call, we will scrap it by our selves by killing northern youth coppers serving in the Niger delta. The online community should not be taken for granted because every categories of persons are found here. The Jomogbomo of this world are here, the Cyntia White of this world are here. If they are Hausa Fulani corppers, they should be killed to serve as deterrent to others to stop coming to the south to serve. They should serve in their Alimajiri community. Mark my word, if they are not Hausa Fulani coppers, nothing will happen to them.
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Jun 09, 2011
Iysayah:

of course the federal is in charge, no one is denying it, but who is blamed when things like this happen? The president? or the Police chiefs entrusted with securing the lives of Nigerians?

NO, The police chiefs DO NOT act independently of the President who is in CONTROL of the force. Much the same way the EFCC rarely goes after those really close to the President without his consent.
Iysayah:

we know our problems, its just too deep that we see little from our monitors, Is there not a crackdown on kidnappers and militants in the East? how come they still thrive and dare even further?
Rubbish!!! The whole world knows what the problem is -- it is not deep -- it is not new. It's the same problem that left over 500 dead in 2001- over 15000 dead from riots since 1999 . . . . it is right in front of our faces each and every day. But it seems many of us are all too willing to DENY what is right in front of our faces, so we can pretend it is too complex-- beyond us -- and we cannot do anything about it.

Iysayah:

when we stop seeing one man as the failure of Nigeria, we are probably on our way to seeing other problems. As for GEJ, i dont fancy him, if thats what you think , but even if the best of presidents were to be there, you dont expect him manning the road blocks in a hidden road in Rivers, do you?

No one sees one man as the failure . . . . but the reality we live in a country were one man has control over our police force, and our security. It is that simple!
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by dinggle: 12:44am On Jun 09, 2011
The election exposed the importance of NYSC members and showed they are govt children, an attack on corpers exposes the failures of FGN. There shud be a security vote for every corp member. Isn't it insane that after all these wahala 75% of the said corpers will still be wit out jobs,
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Obiagu1(m): 1:28am On Jun 09, 2011
Wylout:

Ouch!
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by comechop(m): 2:37am On Jun 09, 2011
cancel the damned program already.
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Roland17(m): 4:45am On Jun 09, 2011
between Late Musa Yar'adua and GEJ, who should be decorated with the Honorary Award for the weakest Nigerian president ever? The level of insecurity is very Sad!!!!
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by LADEMINUS: 4:46am On Jun 09, 2011
iysayah grow up already, if some police chiefs are to blame, i certainly did not read of any reprimands or punishment for failure in thier duty. Obama didnt leave d health bill to d fda, he followed d takedown of osama blow by blow, and he said once ''the buck stops at my table!!!'' what we have is people who arent fit to govern in power simple
Re: Five NYSC Members Kidnapped In Ikwerre LGA Of Rivers State by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 09, 2011
It's Ojukwu grin
Oh I forgot, the North is the only violent state grin

I see that ppl just dey mention my name up and down. Ileke-IdI's inattentiveness must be worrying you ppl  angry cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MY CAMP STORY: So So Touching: Shares Yours Too! / Contemporary Dynamics Of Non-oil Export Trade / SOKOTO Batch A '16 Corps Members Lets Meet Here;d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.