Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,893 members, 7,915,609 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:49 AM

PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ (18759 Views)

Our Elites Fought Me Against Payment Of Salary and pension– Alia / Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Alimot20: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2021
adecz:

That Humanitarian Affairs woman
go wan use that as final chopping
before Buhari leaves office.❌

Dem go pay for 2 million people for
3 months, then stop, But on record, she go
say dem don pay 22 million people.❌

The woman na the Diezani of this
government.
NAH THAT WOMAN IS SHAMELESS

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Abdoolbuster: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2021
mediainc:
Fuel subsidy has better economic advantage to Nigeria and Nigerians than N5000

How advantageous is fuel subsidy that is only paid on petrol? A lot of people are kicking against the planned removal because their fleet of cars will be consuming more of their stolen funds. Shior, manufacturers have been paying for diesel, almost everyone is paying for gas and or kerosene without subsidies but petrol must not be paid for without subsidies. I ask again what is the advantage of the subsidy of petrol to the poor man beside your house

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by hotwax: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

Am not a fan of GEJ but he was right about fuel subsidy removal. ( Infact his regime opened my eyes to the damage of subsides and turned me from pro subsidy to anti subsidy )

But the thing is, no matter what regime proposes fuel subsidy removal, whether military or civilian, Nigerians will still say no

Why won't Nigeria say no.

When ur politicians are stealing money as if Nigeria will blow tomorrow, so u expect the masses to pay 300naira for a litre?

No...if politicians cant sacrifice for Nigerians, why should the masses ?

2 Likes

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2021
ogododo:

GEJ TOLD dem, butdem go Ojota dey dance palongo.
I always laugh when I see these comments. Subsidy removal has now been politicised along party lines; all PDP supporters on this forum now claim they supported subsidy removal in 2012 and claim it was APC supporters who opposed. So apparently, all those Nigerians that cursed out the govt whenever fuel price was increased, right from the days of OBJ, were all APC members?

@Ogododo, can you swear on your life that on January 1st 2012, that you were in total support of the govt of the day increasing pump price of petrol from N65 to N142?

Jokers everywhere!

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

How advantageous is fuel subsidy that is only paid on petrol? A lot of people are kicking against the planned removal because their fleet of cars will be consuming more of their stolen funds. Shior, manufacturers have been paying for diesel, almost everyone is paying for gas and or kerosene without subsidies but petrol must not be paid for without subsidies. I ask again what is the advantage of the subsidy of petrol to the poor man beside your house

Good points made

But the poor do see a benefit

Food prices

Removing subsides means that the price of transportation of food would go up , meaning prices of food go up, meaning bad news for the poor man on the street.

That would soon be mitigated, but the first few years would be hard
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Toluwanise247(m): 7:32am On Nov 30, 2021
HappyPagan:
5000 naira only? tithe go small be that.
Some people reason like rat. What is tithe in this issue
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
mediainc:
Fuel subsidy has better economic advantage to Nigeria and Nigerians than N5000
Which economy advantage? Federal government should build Modular refinery from 2trillion they want to share to the poor NIGERIANS, this has more economy advantage than this share.

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Godbless3(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Nanaborga:
We need to protest to show our displeasure over this plan looting by the ministers of finance and humanitarian affairs . I and all the people I’ve discussed this with don’t know anyone that have benefited from this fraud scheme , in previous poorest of the poor sharing .

Nigerians like to suffer. Protest and they will criticize you for doing it even when they're dying of that same thing.

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2021
hotwax:

Why won't Nigeria say no.

When ur politicians are stealing money as if Nigeria will blow tomorrow, so u expect the masses to pay 300naira for a litre?

No...if politicians cant sacrifice for Nigerians, why should the masses ?

Well the subsidy is pushing us into more debt plus oil revenues which pay for it have been unstable for some time.

At some point,corrupt politicians or no corupt politicians, the thing has to go.

Because it means more investment and more jobs for everyone the poor included

The rich that benefit from corruption inherent in the subsidy business would suffer more.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Apoligies but this is a very very lame argument in favour of subsidy removal; i.e. claiming it is the rich that enjoy subsidies the most because they have many cars. That's a very flawed argument and I wonder why anyone still puts it up as a worhty point.

The rich who have fleets of cars will still comfortably pay for fuel even if it's sold for N2000. The people who truly suffer from subsidy removal are the poor and lower mid-class who make up possibly over 80% of the population; these are the ones affected by the massive inflation in price of transportation, food, etc...
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Which economy advantage? Federal government should build Modular refinery from 2trillion they want to share to the poor NIGERIANS, this has more economy advantage than this share.

In addition to the dangote refinery

1. NNPC is fixing two of its refineries

2. Five refineries are.also being built. 4 with the capacity to produce refined petrol
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by ogododo: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2021
obailala:
I always laugh when I see these comments. Subsidy removal has now been politicised along party lines; all PDP supporters on this forum now claim they supported subsidy removal in 2012 and claim it was APC supporters who opposed. So apparently, all those Nigerians that cursed out the govt whenever fuel price was increased, right from the days of OBJ, were all APC members?

@Ogododo, can you swear on your life that on January 1st 2012, that you were in total support of the govt of the day increasing pump price of petrol from N65 to N142?

Jokers everywhere!

Never. I was 100% against the palongo dance at Ojota!
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Godbless3(m): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2021
datopaper:
If president Buhari did not remove subsidy, it means he fail totally. So to prove he makes progress he has to remove it.

Remember when he is coming as president, he said 'there is nothing like subsidy.

And to also add, he has paid more money for subsidy than any other Presidents but I will appeal to him not to remove subsidy at this time and they should not transfer #5,000 to any person.

I supported PFN on these totally.

God bless Nigeria,

He pay subsidy and price of fuel since he took over govt is higher than all the years of Jonathan govt.
Subsidy is a way of looting us to stupur

2 Likes

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by charixel: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2021
5k for?
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 7:41am On Nov 30, 2021
ogododo:

Never. I was 100% against the palongo dance at Ojota!
So with this, you are swearing on your life that you were 100% in support of the govt increasing pump prices by 118% (N65 - N142) on the 1st of January 2012?
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Abdoolbuster: 7:41am On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

Good points made

But the poor do see a benefit

Food prices

Removing subsides means that the price of transportation of food would go up , meaning prices of food go up, meaning bad news for the poor man on the street.

That would soon be mitigated, but the first few years would be hard

We either face the consequences once and for all. Let whoever is buying petrol pay for it. Subsidy regime is a stealing regime. It was created to help everyone and now has been hijacked by elite thieves to make more money. Juat present papers and get paid. Many of the fuels goes to neighbouring countries like Benin, Togo Ghana Côte d'Ivoire Cameroon etc. When there's no subsidies on petrol let's see how a fool will import petrol for Nigeria and entreport it to Ghana. As for food prices and transport going high, those would normalise in few months. As for the 5000 to poor people this also could be argued to be wrong economically however, tell me what better country don't give incentives to their people in time like this. It happened in America, Canada, in fact all the Scandinavian countries do it. Implementation might be our problem, we can always find a way to do it right

Peace ✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 30, 2021
obailala:
Apoligies but this is a very lame argument in favour of subsidy removal; i.e. claiming it is the rich that enjoy subsidies the most. That's a very flawed argument and I wonder why anyone still puts it up.

The rich who have fleets of cars will still comfortably pay for fuel even if it's sold for N1000. The people who truly suffer from subsidy removal are the poor and lower mid-class; these are the ones affected by the massive inflation and this group makes up possibly over 80% of the population.

1.There would be more refineries built which would provide more jobs for the poor and middle class.

2. More Forex saved, which means improvement in value of naira.( Not to level of one naira to dollar tho)

3. More money free in the budget

4 All those rich benefiting from subsidy scams and smuggling would no longe benefit.

5. Nigeria could become an exporter of refined product

6. Competition brings prices down ( as seen in the GSM sector)
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by ogododo: 7:42am On Nov 30, 2021
obailala:
So with this, you are swearing on your life that you were 100% in support of the govt increasing pump prices by 118% (N65 - N142) on the 1st of January 2012?

Yes bro. Check my posts
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 7:44am On Nov 30, 2021
ogododo:

Yes bro. Check my posts
Okay, noted!
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by mediainc: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

You think they will build, for how many years now they have been promising to build, build first before removing fuel subsidy.

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Godbless3(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Look at a wide range and not this myopic view.
People like you think that taxing the rich is good for the poor when it actually the opposite.
High cost of fuel leads to high cost of transportation which inturn increase the cost of living standard as it will cost more to transport goods and services to the common man and the rich men will still do well because the own these businesses that produces these goods and services.

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Abdoolbuster: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
obailala:
Apoligies but this is a very very lame argument in favour of subsidy removal; i.e. claiming it is the rich that enjoy subsidies the most because they have many cars. That's a very flawed argument and I wonder why anyone still puts it up as a worhty point.

The rich who have fleets of cars will still comfortably pay for fuel even if it's sold for N2000. The people who truly suffer from subsidy removal are the poor and lower mid-class who make up possibly over 80% of the population; these are the ones affected by the massive inflation in price of transportation, food, etc...

Sometimes I wonder where you guys get your delusions from, no apologies I mean what I typed.
The rich are the importers of petrol, they collect subsidies on imported products yet many of them don't even sell it here in the country however according to you that should continue. Why are there no subsidy on cooking gas? Why is there no subsidy on diesel? So you mean that those who uses these products are less Nigerians? Tell me what is lame again. Users of cooking gas has been paying for it, users of diesel has been paying for it so why should the users of PMS not pay completely for it?
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by mediainc: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Everyone uses fuel, the barber, the small business owner, and we all have small generators in our homes. Think!
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by madone: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
HappyPagan:
5000 naira only? tithe go small be that.
this is all ur head reason ....smh
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Yungmil: 7:47am On Nov 30, 2021
bencr7:
sad lipsrsealed undecided embarassed angry U just said nothing
and u read nothing!!!!!
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 30, 2021
mediainc:

Everyone uses fuel, the barber, the small business owner, and we all have small generators in our homes. Think!

And yet the need for cheap fuel led to the devastation of our refineries because a lot of cost cutting was made over the years to keep fuel cheap.

So we ended up importing most of our fuel.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Llight101(m): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2021
They've been paying the money for almost 3yrs now...
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by foreshore(m): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2021
Azeemokoya:

https://newsroundtheclock.com/pfn-kick-against-payment-of-n5k/

They say it's a scheme for the poor, rather it's a scheme to make some government officials rich
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Abdoolbuster: 7:48am On Nov 30, 2021
mediainc:

Lmao, not all of us usess gas or kerosene? Use your head sir/ma grin
All of us should ask for subsidy on all Petroleum products. As for your generators it is your choice

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by mediainc: 7:49am On Nov 30, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

Funny enough, the planned N5000 when multiply by the numbers of poor ones is almost on par with the subsidy.

So who is deceiving who here
I wonder, and fuel subsidy helps all Nigerians, because we all use fuel as transportation, as well as use small generators for our homes, small businesses etc.., so every Nigeria enjoys fuel subsidy, which helps us all have more residual income... residual income of the entire population is what helps economy work, thrive and grow. These governors only know how to buy properties abroad, do not give governors our subsidy money, they are corrupt, we all know this. Every day we hear EFCC probing one governor or the other...

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Arizonaz: 7:51am On Nov 30, 2021
How person wan take apply?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Speaks On Joining Politics, Being Jandor's Running Mate (Video) / Wike To The Church: ‘Shine Your Eyes, Don’t Be Used By Politicians’ / Ex-Minister Sale Mamman Arrested Over Alleged ₦‎22 Billion Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.