Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,773 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:40 PM

PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ (18661 Views)

Our Elites Fought Me Against Payment Of Salary and pension– Alia / Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

1.There would be more refineries built which would provide more jobs for the poor and middle class.

2. More Forex saved, which means improvement in value of naira.( Not to level of one naira to dollar tho)

3. More money free in the budget

4 All those rich benefiting from subsidy scams and smuggling would no longe benefit.

5. Nigeria could become an exporter of refined product

6. Competition brings prices down ( as seen in the GSM sector)
All these are beautiful empty promises of paradise which can never materialise in the Nigerian stage because we're dealing with governments made up of degenerates, idiots and kleptomaniacs. Even if subsidy was removed 10 years ago, the government still would not have built or fixed any refinery.

Since 2012 when they attempted to first totally remove subsidy till date, the amount of money the different administrations have borrowed is unbelievable. Under GEJ, Nigeria borrowed up to $30bn and under Buhari, Nigeria's borrowing should be hitting over $70bn if I'm right. Dangote's 'largest refinery in the world' is costing merely about $10bn. So if they (govt) truly had any intention to build or fix the refineries, these things could have easily been done a long time ago (the lame excuse of subsidy cant fly anymore)

3 Likes

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by mediainc: 7:51am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Lmao, not all of us usess gas or kerosene? Use your head sir/ma grin
All of us should ask for subsidy on all Petroleum products. As for your generators it is your choice
Are you saying because kerosene is expensive, so fuel too should be astronomical in pricing...are you a governor?

Why are you asking for criminal governors to be given more money?

It's better I keep enjoying fuel subsidy, than giving my benefits to governors that will use it to buy properties for their kids.

You definitely are not thinking.

Am thinking of the people's benefit, this is what matters.

2 Likes

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by mediainc: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Lmao, not all of us usess gas or kerosene? Use your head sir/ma grin
All of us should ask for subsidy on all Petroleum products. As for your generators it is your choice
All Nigerians use fuel in one form or the other, are you in the jungle?

Don't you take transportation?

If you are in the jungle and you do not use transportation, than you are in the minority 1%, because majority of Nigerians enter buses, bikes, travel everyday...99%.

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2021
obailala:
All these are beautiful empty promises of paradise which can never materialise in the Nigerian stage because we're dealing with governments made up of degenerate idiots and kleptomaniacs. Even if subsidy was removed 10 years ago, the government still would not have built or fixed any refinery.

Since 2012 when they attempted to first totally remove subsidy till date, the amount of money the different administrations have borrowed, if they truly had any intention to build or fix the refineries, these things could have easily been done a long time ago.

Well

1..Dangote and 4 other refineries with fuel refining capacity are coming up.( BUA refinery can refine everything but fuel)

2. NNPC is fixing two of its refineries

3. There are 20 other active licences for refineries waiting in the wings

It's not like the previous times

Plus not to defend government borrowing but we borrow because the prices of whatever we sell be it oil , cocoa, cotton , etc are never state enough for us to live on. That is why most subsaharan countries too borrow.

Countries that are major lenders also rely heavily on industries and exporting consumer goods like electronics. Eg China
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2021
mediainc:

You think they will build, for how many years now they have been promising to build, build first before removing fuel subsidy.
Op, they know what they are doing, Dangote will not sell 162 naira, if the price is n500 per litre today, Dangote will start production tomorrow... All this litany of spending billions of naira is to favor Dangote, I wonder, if we import fuel and sell it N162 , I don't know what Dangote want it N350 before he sells it.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by mediainc: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Op, they know what they are doing, Dangote will not sell 162 naira, if the price is n500 per litre today, Dangote will start production tomorrow... All this litany of spending billions of naira is to favor Dangote, I wonder, if we import fuel and sell it N162 , I don't know what Dangote want it N350 before he sells it.

No mind the idiots, in a democracy the people fight for their benefits, politicians in Nigeria are greedy, Nigerians must fight for their benefits in this society/country, this is what matters to me.

3 Likes

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Because dangote won't be refining fuel for cheap

He has loans to service plus he has to pay his workers industry comparable salaries , then the refinery needs maintenance and upgrading on regular basis an expansion too.

And he cannot do that by selling fuel below the. n200 ( my estimate, someone put it at 188 naira) that it would cost him to refine one liter of fuel.

And goverment is not going to dash him money to do all that. All they are willing to do for him is sell crude to him in naira , not dollars.

Same for the 4 refineries under construction and the 20 waiting to start.

It is called doing business. After all, would you sell at a loss to help the poor if you were a businessman?

Ever wonder why private universities fees are that high? Goverment does not pay their staff salaries or overhead or provide money for them to build facilities. They have to raise all that money themselves. Ditto for Dangote refinery.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Sometimes I wonder where you guys get your delusions from, no apologies I mean what I typed.
The rich are the importers of petrol, they collect subsidies on imported products yet many of them don't even sell it here in the country however according to you that should continue. Why are there no subsidy on cooking gas? Why is there no subsidy on diesel? So you mean that those who uses these products are less Nigerians? Tell me what is lame again. Users of cooking gas has been paying for it, users of diesel has been paying for it so why should the users of PMS not pay completely for it?
Petrol price has the greatest influence on inflation, that's why it's a special case. And no, the rich arent the greatest beneficiaries of petrol subsidy. NNpC today is the sole importer of petrol, but even if that wasnt the case, the fact that one or 2 rich men make billions from petrol subsidy is not enough statistics to conclude that the rich are the biggest beneficiaries. That's just a flawed argument.

The food and transportation hyperinflation that comes with petrol price increase affects the poor far more than the rich, and you'd agree with me that well over 90% of Nigeria's population falls within this poor affected bracket.

3 Likes

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Coolgent(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2021
Good decision! Only corrupt pastors or imams will support FG on sharing 5k in anticipation that they may get a share
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Coolgent(m): 8:06am On Nov 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

The aim of removing subsidy is to enrich Dangote and his shareholders (politicians)
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by jornwhite: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2021
datopaper:
If president Buhari did not remove subsidy, it means he fail totally. So to prove he makes progress he has to remove it.

Remember when he is coming as president, he said 'there is nothing like subsidy.

And to also add, he has paid more money for subsidy than any other Presidents but I will appeal to him not to remove subsidy at this time and they should not transfer #5,000 to any person.

I supported PFN on these totally.

God bless Nigeria,

How much was fuel price when buhari stepped in, the increment to #145 nd subsequent increase to #165 was all about what ? the two times buhari had to increase fuel price what was there excuse if not subsidy
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by 2tpick: 8:24am On Nov 30, 2021
ogododo:

Next level never start ooo. No be all of una dey cry like person wey dem commot bread, dey cry subsidy na scam. angry angry angry angry

Baba don't mind them. Idiocy is a non-maskable trait. He claimed no failure should be given a second chance but he voted buhari twice.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

He has loans to service plus he has to pay his workers industry comparable salaries , then the refinery needs maintenance and upgrading on regular basis an expansion too.

And he cannot do that by selling fuel below the. n200 ( my estimate, someone put it at 188 naira) that it would cost him to refine one liter of fuel.

And goverment is not going to dash him money to do all that. All they are willing to do for him is sell crude to him in naira , not dollars.

It is called doing business. After all, would you sell at a loss to help the poor if you were a businessman?

Ever wonder why private universities fees are that high? Goverment does not pay their staff salaries or overhead or provide money for them to build facilities. They have to raise all that money themselves. Ditto for Dangote refinery.
I like this your summation, ' private university fees are high' , OP , let Federal government build refinery, that is end of Dangote refinery, because Federal will sell cheaper, nobody will buy from Dangote. Op, let me tell you Federal will not built refinery because that will mark the end of Dangote refinery production, let Nigeria rise, today we cannot buy cement produce in our country... What a shame!

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by GauRanTor(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2021
blackpanda:
I know na.
They rather wish it was tithe

Black monkeys common read you cannot read.

What a terrible waste of creation.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2021
obailala:
Jonathan should please go sit in the gutter; he was a very useless president. The fact that buhari has proven to be a worse slowpoke doesn't still make me miss Jonathan. No failure deserves a second chance!

But there's possibility we would have a better man in 2019 compared to this disaster called Buhari should you guys turned back against Buhari

Enjoy your Changi
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

I like this your summation, ' private university fees are high' , OP , let Federal government build refinery, that is end of Dangote refinery, because Federal will sell cheaper, nobody will buy from Dangote. Op, let me tell you Federal will not built refinery because that will mark the end of Dangote refinery production, let Nigeria rise, today we cannot buy cement produce in our country... What a shame!

1. Goverment is repairing two of its refineries

2..Even then goverment cannot afford to run its refineries at a loss. We did that back in the day and that's how we ended up with bad refineries. Plus since workers in a goverment refinery are not reliant on the revenue of the refineries for their salary, that makes it easier for them to do things like Sabotage

All in all, refineries run on profit to run well..dangote or goverment or other people owning then
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by obailala(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

But there's possibility we would have a better man in 2019 compared to this disaster called Buhari should you guys turned back against Buhari

Enjoy your Changi
I didnt support BUhari in 2019, and I wasn't also going to support the rogue brought forward by your PDP. I washed my hands off the 2019 election.

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:41am On Nov 30, 2021
obailala:
I didnt support BUhari in 2019, and I wasn't also going to support the rogue brought forward by your PDP. I washed my hands off the 2019 election.

Same way I didn't vote anyone in 2019 cos I understand Naija politics

Go n check my post

I'm not a dumb party man

I don't belong to any party but I love to go against any bad politician
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by ogododo: 8:46am On Nov 30, 2021
2tpick:

Baba don't mind them. Idiocy is a non-maskable trait. He claimed no failure should be given a second chance but he voted buhari twice.

Dem be BMC, even in de face of truth, dey lie. Dem promise bogously dem go build one refinery per year. Light Fashola claimed no be rocket science, don become worse.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by jornwhite: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

Am not a fan of GEJ but he was right about fuel subsidy removal. ( Infact his regime opened my eyes to the damage of subsides and turned me from pro subsidy to anti subsidy )

But the thing is, no matter what regime proposes fuel subsidy removal, whether military or civilian, Nigerians will still say no

What are you even saying, how many times govt wan dey remove ... from 97 to 145 was that not subsidy, then we had 165
Our leader are bunch heartless people, subsidy removal as become there reliable format to scam nigerians, how many times dey wan remove subsidy
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 30, 2021
jornwhite:

What are you even saying, how many times govt wan dey remove ... from 97 to 145 was that not subsidy, then we had 165
Our leader are bunch heartless people, subsidy removal as become there reliable format to scam nigerians, how many times dey wan remove subsidy

They were not telling the whole truth when they said they were removing subsides

What they were doing was reducing the amount of money spent on subsides.

This manifested as an increase in price of fuel.

Has been on since 1981 when fuel was 15 k a liter then it went up to 35 kobo a liter.

Also we pay for subsidies from crude oil revenues. Removing subsides partially always coincides with fall in crude oil prices and by extension revenues.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by jornwhite: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

I understand it is business, buh there is a disparity between local production cost and int'l production cost, considering some indirect cost would cease to exist
The number one benefit of local refinery is minimal sourcing & use of foreign exchange, considering needed raw materials are locally mined, all dangote have to do is produce enough for local consumption and exportation, profit is certain.
If our govt are sincere i don't see why dangote should sell using dollar rate for what is locally sourced & produced

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by truthstands01: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2021
This APC government is a total failure. Who is advising this people? What will N5000 do in the live of any Nigerian with this level of inflation and hardship?. Nigerians don't need your N5000. Creat enabling environment for businesses to thrive, that's all. Build power plants across the country, let there be power and everything will fall in place. Any government that will take solve power problem in Nigeria has done the greatest. Before you remove subsidy, you must have functional refineries otherwise you want to kill your citizens with hardship. This government is evil. You spend billions on frivolities but want to remove subsidy when no refinery is working. Pls, get some sense.

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by jornwhite: 9:32am On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

They were not telling the whole truth when they said they were removing subsides

What they were doing was reducing the amount of money spent on subsides.

This manifested as an increase in price of fuel.

Has been on since 1981 when fuel was 15 k a liter then it went up to 35 kobo a liter.

Also we pay for subsidies from crude oil revenues. Removing subsides partially always coincides with fall in crude oil prices and by extension revenues.

If they haven't being telling the truth all along what makes you think they are now or maybe truth doesnt just exist in their dictionary, even if it becomes #400 now, tomorrow they we still tell us they want to remove subsidy again, the govt now sees subsidy as the surest way of cashing out and we as people must not fold our hands n watch, i am over 30yrs n never benefitted anything from nigeria govt directly or indirectly which is same for most nigerians ... if subsidy will be our only benefit so be it, they can't make life harder cos already things are worst. we just have to stand n resist them

1 Like

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2021
jornwhite:

I understand it is business, buh there is a disparity between local production cost and int'l production cost, considering some indirect cost would cease to exist
The number one benefit of local refinery is minimal sourcing & use of foreign exchange, considering needed raw materials are locally mined, all dangote have to do is produce enough for local consumption and exportation, profit is certain.
If our govt are sincere i don't see why dangote should sell using dollar rate for what is locally sourced & produced

In other words, you want Dangote to sell at a loss so that you can have 'cheap fuel'

It does not work that way, or why would Niger Republic, who has a refinery, be selling oil for N378 per liter?

A refinery costs a lot to maintain, repair, and renovate.

Plus, Dangote is going to

1.Pay back the loans he took to build the refinery

2.Expand the refinery...there is still some additional expansion planned once the refinery is finished over the next ten years.

3.Maintain and upgrade the refinery...and since Nigeria does not manufacture most componets for the oil industry, he would have to import the stuff.

4.CRUCUALLY...pay staff at industry level. Not at Nigerian level, where he would be paying worker N20000 a month, and be happy. All those people going to work at Dangote expect to be paid industry level salaries...not poor salaries.

5.And he has to find the money for all of that...government is not paying his staff salaries (it is because government pays the salaries of government university staff that they can afford to set fees as low as N25000 per session there. If university staff had to rely on revenue earned by university for their salary...that means fees go up or lecturer earns N10000 monthly. ), or giving him land free of charge, or giving him crude free of charge (otherwise they won't be able to pay the workers extracting the crude). All they can promise is that the crude they wll supply the refinery with would be paid for in Naira, and that's all.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 30, 2021
jornwhite:

If they haven't being telling the truth all along what makes you think they are now or maybe truth doesnt just exist in their dictionary, even if it becomes #400 now, tomorrow they we still tell us they want to remove subsidy again, the govt now sees subsidy as the surest way of cashing out and we as people must not fold our hands n watch, i am over 30yrs n never benefitted anything from nigeria govt directly or indirectly which is same for most nigerians ... if subsidy will be our only benefit so be it, they can't make life harder cos already things are worst. we just have to stand n resist them

1.If you went to a government school, you probably paid subsidized fees. I went to a private primary school. The fees were five times what I could have paid at the local government primary school. And my parents had to do side hustle well well to afford it. (it was the 1980's when times were very very hard). of course...by the time it was time for secondary school..na government school I go.(lol)

Even universities if you went to government university, you paid very cheap prices. See private university...it costs millions.

2.If you went to a government hospital, you benefitted from subsidized care. I was admitted in a private hospital some years ago...my choice, because of quality of care...and they chopped my money well. If I went to government hospital, I won't have spent much.

Even this malaria drug you see here...try buying it abroad...you will cry.

NHIS, PHIS, subsidies your medication prices and many medical proccedures if you are on both schemes.

Even operations in many government hospitals...are heavily subsidized.

3.Power is subsidized in Nigeria...yes o. Even with private companies now running the thing. If it wasn't, na N100 or more per kwh you would be paying.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Billygee2u: 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nanaborga:
We need to protest to show our displeasure over this plan looting by the ministers of finance and humanitarian affairs . I and all the people I’ve discussed this with don’t know anyone that have benefited from this fraud scheme , in previous poorest of the poor sharing .
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by jornwhite: 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

1.If you went to a government school, you probably paid subsidized fees. I went to a private primary school. The fees were five times what I could have paid at the local government primary school. And my parents had to do side hustle well well to afford it. (it was the 1980's when times were very very hard). of course...by the time it was time for secondary school..na government school I go.(lol)

Even universities if you went to government university, you paid very cheap prices. See private university...it costs millions.

2.If you went to a government hospital, you benefitted from subsidized care. I was admitted in a private hospital some years ago...my choice, because of quality of care...and they chopped my money well. If I went to government hospital, I won't have spent much.

Even this malaria drug you see here...try buying it abroad...you will cry.

NHIS, PHIS, subsidies your medication prices and many medical proccedures if you are on both schemes.

Even operations in many government hospitals...are heavily subsidized.

3.Power is subsidized in Nigeria...yes o. Even with private companies now running the thing. If it wasn't, na N100 or more per kwh you would be paying.

i went to private schools all thru my life, speaking of public school did my 1st degree in public uni, do you actually believe govt is subsidying the fee cheesy numbers do the subsidy, back in the 90's & early millineum lots of kids were enrolled in public school, you go hear jss 1 wey carry (a-z) same goes for other classes.
Just 100level of a public university covers the total population of people that can be found in a private university .... do the maths with numbers if govt is not making more money, anyone that understand the logic behind turnover sales we under what am saying, b4 lizzy boutique sells one stock finish emeka @ yaba have sold 5 stocks.

2. My blood works in FG hospital i enjoy nothing, the last time i was there we bought everything they used naa only bed we no buy come, private is expensive cos numbers of patient a govt hospital will admit in a month is probably what a private university will admit in a year ... do the maths

3. You forgot to give reason why power should be expensive, are we importing power just like crude cheesy. are people enjoying what they paid for, do i have to remind you of estimated bills, you travel out come n still recieve bill alert for a house shut down, who is shortchanging who, how did you arrive @ #100 per kwh.
In a country like nigeria and with the greed set of leaders we have + the system itself there is nothing like underpaid bills /charges
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by jornwhite: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
backbencher:

In other words, you want Dangote to sell at a loss so that you can have 'cheap fuel'

It does not work that way, or why would Niger Republic, who has a refinery, be selling oil for N378 per liter?

A refinery costs a lot to maintain, repair, and renovate.

Plus, Dangote is going to

1.Pay back the loans he took to build the refinery

2.Expand the refinery...there is still some additional expansion planned once the refinery is finished over the next ten years.

3.Maintain and upgrade the refinery...and since Nigeria does not manufacture most componets for the oil industry, he would have to import the stuff.

4.CRUCUALLY...pay staff at industry level. Not at Nigerian level, where he would be paying worker N20000 a month, and be happy. All those people going to work at Dangote expect to be paid industry level salaries...not poor salaries.

5.And he has to find the money for all of that...government is not paying his staff salaries (it is because government pays the salaries of government university staff that they can afford to set fees as low as N25000 per session there. If university staff had to rely on revenue earned by university for their salary...that means fees go up or lecturer earns N10000 monthly. ), or giving him land free of charge, or giving him crude free of charge (otherwise they won't be able to pay the workers extracting the crude). All they can promise is that the crude they wll supply the refinery with would be paid for in Naira, and that's all.

why would you have to convert niger fuel price to naira to make a point, it would have made sense if our currencies were equivalent, for instance #1000 would become useless if convert it to dollar less than $2 what can that possibly buy.

If we can import n sell below #200 there is no excuse valid enough to make dangote sell beyond that prices, is just like expecting innoson motor to be more expensive that toyota does it make any logical sense, considering local production
Every country has it own minimum wage which is applicable to local labour, except from the hired foreign experts i don't see dangote paying nigerians by foreign standard, e be say you no know as e dey go, nobody is overpaying.
If dangote sell fuel #350 whereas we can get it #188 via importation then whats the essence of local refinery, local production promote lower price @steady supply that what economic textbooks taught me.
Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
jornwhite:

why would you have to convert niger fuel price to naira to make a point, it would have made sense if our currencies were equivalent, for instance #1000 would become useless if convert it to dollar less than $2 what can that possibly buy.

If we can import n sell below #200 there is no excuse valid enough to make dangote sell beyond that prices, is just like expecting innoson motor to be more expensive that toyota does it make any logical sense, considering local production
Every country has it own minimum wage which is applicable to local labour, except from the hired foreign experts i don't see dangote paying nigerians by foreign standard, e be say you no know as e dey go, nobody is overpaying.
If dangote sell fuel #350 whereas we can get it #188 via importation then whats the essence of local refinery, local production promote lower price @steady supply that what economic textbooks taught me.

It costs us N260 to import one liter of fuel, and N162 at the pump.

Meaning 98 naira is lost every time we sell one liter of fuel

The subsidy that government pays is meant to cover that N98 loss.

Also, it used to cost N190 to import that one liter of fuel 2 years ago. The price of importing it went up, as did the subsidy

Plus, Niger sells fuel at N381 per liter, fuel they refine at home. We buy from them and sell it at N162, and lose even more money

I doubt Dangote is going to refine fuel below N200 per liter. It may even be higher.

Anyway, when more refinereis come on stream, and there are at least 3-4 other refineries...the price will fall. Not before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PFN Kicks Against Payment Of ₦5,000 To ‘Poor Nigerians’ by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
]
jornwhite:

i went to private schools all thru my life, speaking of public school did my 1st degree in public uni, do you actually believe govt is subsidying the fee cheesy numbers do the subsidy, back in the 90's & early millineum lots of kids were enrolled in public school, you go hear jss 1 wey carry (a-z) same goes for other classes.
Just 100level of a public university covers the total population of people that can be found in a private university .... do the maths with numbers if govt is not making more money, anyone that understand the logic behind turnover sales we under what am saying, b4 lizzy boutique sells one stock finish emeka @ yaba have sold 5 stocks.

That's from your perspective. The fact is, universities need far more money than they are making from students right now, to be world class.

Nigeria also spends 2 billion on education yearly..most of that goes to Universities. South Africa spends over 23 BILLION. And their fees in government universities are high. You need loans and grants to go to a university over there.

The truth is, we should be spending over 30 billion dollars or more on universities alone before you see benefits on par with the rest of the world.

2. My blood works in FG hospital i enjoy nothing, the last time i was there we bought everything they used naa only bed we no buy come, private is expensive cos numbers of patient a govt hospital will admit in a month is probably what a private university will admit in a year ... do the maths

Again that is what you think.

You guys think you are spending big money in government hospital. Meanwhile abroad, the same 'government hospital' will charge you heavy duty fees.

EG...a CS costs the equivalent of $2000 or less in a Nigerian hospital. Abroad, it costs upwards of $14000. That's why foreign hospitals can afford nice things. Nigerian hospitals cannot.

Plus, in countries where healthcare is free like UK, they take half your income in taxes to pay for the privilege. Try that in Nigeria.

3. You forgot to give reason why power should be expensive, are we importing power just like crude cheesy. are people enjoying what they paid for, do i have to remind you of estimated bills, you travel out come n still recieve bill alert for a house shut down, who is shortchanging who, how did you arrive @ #100 per kwh.
In a country like nigeria and with the greed set of leaders we have + the system itself there is nothing like underpaid bills /charges
[/quote]

Power situation is bad because power companies are not making enough of a profit to fix power.

The expensive bills you pay are way below what you should be paying power companies to fix your power.

Plus when it was under government, in addition to the corruption, the revenue used to pay for the power system was never stable.

Keep in mind that Nigeria pays for everything with revenue from oil, agric, etc, which is never sustainable BECAUSE they are never at a price that can sustain us. That's why we don't have power, light, and why we have to remove subsides

The corruption makes it worse..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Isese Day: Oyo Govt Declares Monday Public Holiday / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate / SGF Mustapha: My Four Children Tested Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.