Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,812 members, 7,889,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:31 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1133995 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2011
martho:

Guys be careful of dis guy. .gowaga ,Aliyu or whatever
I don't trust him. .he's fake
mr whatever; u know what happened b/w u and my sis dis morning.
u think we'll fall 4 your scam. . .anyways,dis Poo will never happen again.
Guys beware!

Why dont you just spill the bean ?
What really happened . . . . That would be more helpful
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by honeric01(m): 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2011
yes, spill the beans
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2011
Current rate of buying $$ pleaseeee
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by osarodon(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2011
martho:

Guys be careful of dis guy. .gowaga ,Aliyu or whatever
I don't trust him. .he's fake
mr whatever; u know what happened b/w u and my sis dis morning.
u think we'll fall 4 your scam. . .anyways,dis Poo will never happen again.
Guys beware!

I have deal with him but it is cash and carry, no issue.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by familierl: 12:22am On Jun 28, 2011
buying 158.5, selling 156
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 12:30am On Jun 28, 2011
familierl:

buying 158.5, selling 156

Are you kidding me?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by familierl: 12:48am On Jun 28, 2011
for real,its crazy isn't it?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2011
familierl:

for real,its crazy isn't it?

That is more than crazy . . . . . $$ in Nigeria selling for 158.5 Naira
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dangiwa09(m): 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2011
I have US$ in the US, and I need Naira in Nigeria. Lemme know If this is of interest to you.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2011
dangiwa09:

I have US$ in the US, and I need Naira in Nigeria. Lemme know If this is of interest to you.

Specify your rate . . . . .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dangiwa09(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Specify your rate . . . . .

@Fhemmy

N1 (One naira) below the prevailing rate.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by liquid7: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2011
http://www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk/ i use them to determine the rate and they are usually pretty much on the dot when i phone in and confirm.They are a money sending agency but you can use the online calculator to determine the rate.
Yesterday i was told by mallam that it was buy 257 naira to £1 and if you check them it exactly that .
Not sure about dollars.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by 9jarocks(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
dangiwa09:

I'm in of USD in Nigeria urgently, Need to transfer it to my biz partners in Europe,

Kindly send me an email on info@moasolutionsng.com, Lets discuss
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
Anyone with an idea of the current exchange ?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:40am On Jul 11, 2011
You mean no one could tell us the current rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 7:24am On Jul 11, 2011
It is N159 to a $. This was confirmed by my malam on the phone yesterday
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dangiwa09(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2011
9jarocks:

I'm in of USD in Nigeria urgently, Need to transfer it to my biz partners in Europe,

Kindly send me an email on info@moasolutionsng.com, Lets discuss

@9jarocks

Sorry, the deal has been done already. Thanks!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2011
egin:

It is N159 to a $. This was confirmed by my malam on the phone yesterday

That is crazy . . . 159Naira to 1$$?
Thanks for the update, Sir
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stagger: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2011
Bought at N162 at Hotel Presidential in PH before leaving the sports festival. This country is heading for an economic free fall.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:11am On Jul 12, 2011
stagger:

Bought at N162 at Hotel Presidential in PH before leaving the sports festival. This country is heading for an economic free fall.

Scary
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by SEGAD: 9:19am On Jul 12, 2011
=N=165. Just confirmed from Aboki
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2011
SEGAD:

=N=165.  Just confirmed from Aboki

mine is 164.5

I wonder where it is heading to. it is ridicules, it means the inflation will intensify more and more and tighten its feast on the poor
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2011
[size=16pt]CBN Raises Dollar Supply at WDAS[/size]

By Obinna Chima
12 Jul 2011

[size=12pt[b]]The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Monday increased the supply of dollar at its bi-weekly auction [/b] following renewed demand for the
greenback. This led to an appreciation in the value of the Naira at the bi-weekly auction. Of course, the Naira slumped at other segments of the forex market as dealers resorted to alternative sources to meet their demand for the greenback. The local currency suffered significant set back at both the Parallel and Bureau De Change (BDC) markets.

Appetite for the dollar had dropped at the apex bank’s regulated Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS) due to a new regulation which restricted dollar supply to all authorised currency dealers to a maximum of $250,000 to BDCs per week. Following the announcement of the policy, demand for the greenback had dropped to below $200 million at the WDAS.

But findings by THISDAY Monday showed that the regulator raised its supply by 100 per cent from $150 million at the previous auction held last Wednesday, to $300 million. The regulator was unable to meet $14 million out of the $314 million put up by the 20 banks that
participated in the auction. In comparison, demand rose by $4 million Monday as against the $310 million that was recorded last Wednesday.
However, the naira appreciated slightly by 50 kobo against the dollar at the WDAS to N150/$1 Monday, compared with the N150.50/$1 it attained last Wednesday.

At the interbank market, the Naira fell by 65 kobo against the dollar as it closed at N152.97/$1 Monday, compared with the N152.32/$1 it closed on Friday. The local currency slipped by N3 to N159/$1 at the parallel market Monday from its Friday’s value of N156/$1. It also dropped by N2 to N157/$1 at the BDC segment, from N155/$1 ON Friday. Experts at FSDH Securities Limited forecast that in the short term, there will be inflow of foreign exchange into the domestic government securities market, which according to them will propel exchange rate appreciation.
“We expect Treasury Bills auction of about N89.74 billion - (91 day NTB: N44.33bn; 182 day NTB: N45.40bn). Also, we equally expect the same amount to mature in the coming week. We also expect that the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) will meet in this week to release the allocation for the month of July. This may increase liquidity in the system and cause inter-bank rates to drop,” FSDH added in its latest weekly report[/size]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cbn-raises-dollar-supply-at-wdas/94892/

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
Nigeria . . I hail thee
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
Updates on exchange rate of $$ on the street please
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2011
HI EVERYONE. want 2 chat wiv me? +2348063896204
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by shawonlese: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Updates on exchange rate of $$ on the street please

Word out says it's 167
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Gbenge77(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2011
shawonlese:

Word out says it's 167
heard the same thing too.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2011
shawonlese:

Word out says it's 167

That is so pathetic and the govt dont think something has to be done?
And people soon will be complaining about the prices of rides.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2011
@ martho am very sori did not meet with ur sis was early had to tell her to be in 1st bank marina brn so as to send ma co worker,i was at home with sick lil son.at least she heared him cryin.but i told her hw to go about getin in near there.my family is more better than wat u got to give me. Wat a mess u callin me names.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Dyt(f): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2011
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2011
shawonlese:

Word out says it's 167

It is true, i got it 167

Fhemmmy:

That is so pathetic and the govt dont think something has to be done?
And people soon will be complaining about the prices of rides.

the worse still ahead, the government is heavily over spending which puts so much pressures on Naira and at the end it will collapse, and the only the average people will suffer. Is this the change we had been hoping?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.