Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,778 members, 7,889,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:06 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1133985 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2011
@ gowaga68

Where are u, ur phone has been off for long time, or have u changed it
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 11:38pm On Jul 14, 2011
BOMANY:

It is true, i got it 167

the worse still ahead, the government is heavily over spending which puts so much pressures on Naira and at the end it will collapse, and the only the average people will suffer. Is this the change we had been hoping?

If that is the case, then, i am weeping for Nigeria . . . . .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Lawalmd(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2011
162 as at thursday
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2011
Lawalmd:

162 as at thursday

Is buying price (buying from the malam) or selling price to him. Did you sell or buy>
and Where was that, the location please
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2011
Updates, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sequencel(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2011
Us dollar is 166 dated 18th July
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by jodeci(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2011
sequencel:

Us dollar is 166 dated 18th July

Buying or selling the dollar?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2011
jodeci:

Buying or selling the dollar?

I think it is buying from the mallam, the dollar came down small but still the margin between the bank price and the parallel market price so high, more than 15 naira  angry which means the CBN is encouraging the black market. when the market price was around 154 - 156 naira, the demand in the CBN auction WADS was around 150 - 250 million USD, now the demand is over 700 million USD. There are many ways for corrupting the system, taking the dollar from CBN and sell it in the black market, anyone can get fake visa and fake airticket, costs 25k, and go to his bank collecting 4000$ and sell it in the black market with 40k Naira profit. Those CBN people either they are idiots, aliens or they are doing it purposely lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2011
BOMANY:

I think it is buying from the mallam, the dollar came down small but still the margin between the bank price and the parallel market price so high, more than 15 naira  angry which means the CBN is encouraging the black market. when the market price was around 154 - 156 naira, the demand in the CBN auction WADS was around 150 - 250 million USD, now the demand is over 700 million USD. There are many ways for corrupting the system, taking the dollar from CBN and sell it in the black market, anyone can get fake visa and fake airticket, costs 25k, and go to his bank collecting 4000$ and sell it in the black market with 40k Naira profit. Those CBN people either they are idiots, aliens or they are doing it purposely lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

I am so sure the CBN knows what they are doing and i will not be surprised to know that some of the $$ peddlers on the street have their insiders or have direct connection with the banks
It is all a game
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I am so sure the CBN knows what they are doing and i will not be surprised to know that some of the $$ peddlers on the street have their insiders or have direct connection with the banks
It is all a game

Exactly, sometimes one wonders if there is any type of control or good governance of our parastatals or everyone behaves as if it is his own property
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2011
BOMANY:

Exactly, sometimes one wonders if there is any type of control or good governance of our parastatals or everyone behaves as if it is his own property

Nigeria is a nation with no control . . . A nation where everyone in power see it as opportunity of a lifetime where they have to steal all they could, so that their generation will never lack again.
But they forget that it is all at the expense of the people they are leading, but i am so sure that one day, all their monkeys will go market and wont return.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Pro02: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2011
As at today

BUY ($ from the mallam) @ 167

SELL ($ to the mallam) @ 160 if lucky 164
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^^ What a sorry nation . . .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by support4u(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2011
am wanting to change a substancial amount, if you got a fair deal please reply or msg me prince_onoms@yahoo.com
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by automania: 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
Anyone knows how much the Pound sterling is against the Naira now? Both buying and selling.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by SweetH20: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2011
£272 to the Naira. Can any one reconfirm pl
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 20, 2011
I bought dollar in delta state yesterday for 163, it has really gone up.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
blink182:

I bought dollar in delta state yesterday for 163, it has really gone up.

That has come down, if you have to think about the fact that it has been 167 in the last few days
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That has come down, if you have to think about the fact that it has been 167 in the last few days
Yes o make the thing do reverse come back totally.

As for those of you that do not know, if you want to travel to obodo oyibo no need to go buy dollars, simply open a gtb savings account get your naira mastercard and move ahead, if you put the card for atm machine for europe, e go vomit euro if na america e go vomit dollars. So no shaking at all, there is always a way. grin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by biyiwilly(m): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
A smart intelligent young lady is needed for immediate employment in a fast growing organization for the post of marketing executive and graduate instructors.

The job is immediate once you qualify, must be between the age of 20-25 with a good communication skill.

Responsibilities: he/she must be vast in communication skill, very fluent in English. potential client to market are provided by the employer so you don’t have to look for client on your own.

Qualifications: B.A or B.A Edu in English language for the position of graduate instructors and Bsc or Bsc edu in mathematics.

OND,Bsc in any other decipline for the position of marketing executive.

interested applicant should please come to the office with a detailed CV and two passport photo on Thursday 21st July 2011 and Monday 25th July 2011.

Time: 9am - 12noon

Office Address: 3, abiola segun ajayi street off muri okunola street, victoria Island, Lagos.

Remuneration: very attractive

Enquiries: visit (www.b2consultingng.com) or call Eloh Zino on 08055206223, 08023343047.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
blink182:

Yes o make the thing do reverse come back totally.

As for those of you that do not know, if you want to travel to obodo oyibo no need to go buy dollars, simply open a gtb savings account get your naira mastercard and move ahead, if you put the card for atm machine for europe, e go vomit euro if na america e go vomit dollars. So no shaking at all, there is always a way. grin

The thing really tire me oh
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stagger: 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
Used my Payoneer Mastercard on GTB's ATM, and I was paid at the rate of N148 per $. I was so peeved. Nigerian banks are a bunch of robbers. angry angry angry
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2011
stagger:

Used my Payoneer Mastercard on GTB's ATM, and I was paid at the rate of N148 per $. I was so peeved. Nigerian banks are a bunch of robbers. angry angry angry

Please explain
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 21, 2011
Fhemmmy:

The thing really tire me oh
It was an artificial scarcity, when I said I was still buying 153, one mumu here was insulting me. If you can boycott the abokis life will be alot easier, those people feed on our ignorance.

I suspect what happened was failure of the cbn to disburse to tier A exchangers on time and it became a feeding frenzy while it lasted.

stagger:

Day light robbery angry angry I'll always withdraw dollars to my account and then sell to abokis but I understand why you have to use payoneer, the bank probably know who payoneer customers are and is exploiting the situation cos when I withdraw with my card the exchange rate is official rate
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2011
blink182:

It was an artificial scarcity, when I said I was still buying 153, one mumu here was insulting me. If you can boycott the abokis life will be alot easier, those people feed on our ignorance.

I suspect what happened was failure of the cbn to disburse to tier A exchangers on time and it became a feeding frenzy while it lasted.

Thanks for sharing this
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for sharing this
Thanks mate
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
blink182:

Thanks mate

Nigeria is the only nation that seems to come up with some useless ideas on how they thing they could curb money laundering . . . .
How could they prevent people from being to walk into the bank and just buy $$?
Why would i have to go thru some people on the street to buy $$?
What a nation we have
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria is the only nation that seems to come up with some useless ideas on how they thing they could curb money laundering . . . .
How could they prevent people from being to walk into the bank and just buy $$?
Why would i have to go thru some people on the street to buy $$?
What a nation we have

The funny thing is that the people they originally made this law to affect have found other ways to go about their business of laundering. Forex exchanging is big business and honestly its out of CBN's reach to stop them.

Nigeria is one cesspool and if you're ignorant, you will think that is how it is everywhere.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
blink182:

The funny thing is that the people they originally made this law to affect have found other ways to go about their business of laundering. Forex exchanging is big business and honestly its out of CBN's reach to stop them.

Nigeria is one cesspool and if you're ignorant, you will think that is how it is everywhere.

That is how dumb the leadership of nigeria thinks.
In Canada and America, i walk into the bank and buy the currency that i need and move on, as long as i can give my information, that is all.
But Nigeria will sell money to some bunch of boys and those boys will now go to the street and start selling, how do you prevent the fake money being sold to innocent people/
How do meet someone and buy like 100,000$$ without being cheated?

What a Nation
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That is how dumb the leadership of nigeria thinks.
In Canada and America, i walk into the bank and buy the currency that i need and move on, as long as i can give my information, that is all.
But Nigeria will sell money to some bunch of boys and those boys will now go to the street and start selling, how do you prevent the fake money being sold to innocent people/
How do meet someone and buy like 100,000$$ without being cheated?

What a Nation

Am I mad, I don't even buy $300 from the street
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by support4u(m): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2011
where or how can I get this payoneer master card??
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 22, 2011
support4u:

where or how can I get this payoneer master card??
Please do your research start from google. If you do not take that path, very soon you will be asked by some funny people to pay money so they can show you. What do you need the card for let me advise on alternatives if possible.

I did a little research visit their site and sort things out for yourself, correspond with them if need be.

www dot payoneer dot com

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.