Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:10 AM

How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? (19992 Views)

How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? / Can Someone Be Wealthy Without Involving In Dirty Deals / Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by smartasuen(m): 11:51am On Nov 30, 2021
The ultimate way I know is to PUSH.
Pray Until Something Happens!
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by money121(m): 11:51am On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

I was here on this platform in 2019 seeking for advice concerning Transportation business.
I eventually went into the business and it was a sad experience. You can read my previous threads for more information on the business.

After the collapsed of the transportation business, I venture into money lending business.

I lend money to people with the hope to get a refund with interests.

Since 2019 I went into the business, I have lent money to over 20 people and only 5 have refund the money.

Those 5 people who refunded the money, it was a fight before the refund.

Before I lend money to people, I make them sign T & C documents.
Some signed the hard copy others signed the softcopy.

When it is time to pay off, they refuse to pay. I have called them severally. At a point I told them to pay only the capitals and forget about the interests.

At a point some will make statements like "Don't disturb me. Even Federal Government owes. It is debt not stealing".

I had made arrangement that this December I will arrest some of them.

But recently I read on this platform that the police has no right to arrest anyone over debt.

Please how can I get them refund my money without involving the police?
Ok
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2021
Don't lend out money that is it.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Lexusgs430: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

I was here on this platform in 2019 seeking for advice concerning Transportation business.
I eventually went into the business and it was a sad experience. You can read my previous threads for more information on the business.

After the collapsed of the transportation business, I venture into money lending business.

Since 2019 I went into the business, I have lent money to over 20 people and only 5 have refund the money.

When it is time to pay off, they refuse to pay. I have called them severally. At a point I told them to pay only the capitals and forget about the interests.

At a point some will make statements like "Don't disturb me. Even Federal Government owes. It is debt not stealing".

But recently I read on this platform that the police has no right to arrest anyone over debt.

Are you a licenced money lender ?......

If you're not, that's why they would continually take the piss .. ... .......

Nigeria's love to borrow money, but would never pay back ........ When it's time to take, they are usually very meek ........ Time to payback, they are become a lion .........
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by pickatyouu: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2021
I am still on the matter self .
Their excuse no dey finish.
Naija police no fit help out self.

Na to dey use juju now swear before their loan is granted.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by nomenclature(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2021
By making sure they tender a collateral prior to lending to them and put it in white and black
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by ayenale1(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2021
Use Ogun(god of iron) plus sango
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by eghuan1(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

bros, if you find answer to this question, kindly let me know. sometimes, i go just de reason to forget the money, but this country no de help matter, owu de blow everywhere.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by babyfaceafrica: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2021
shawnfamous:
Forget that police cannot arrest debtors thing, they are so corrupt and they would do anything for u.

If u won't do that.
Get a lawyer and take the person to court straight.
The person would even pay more sef and pay for ur struggles. Sue all of them together.
Police and lawyer will gulp some cash and time.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Godispeace: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2021
consult an herbalist . Go local
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Jefferyhi86(m): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2021
Hmm someone is owning a friend of mine 12million, he has only paid 500,000 almost two years, before you lend someone money they should use a valid property as collateral.. Una get mind sha, as for transport business, u giving ur car out must be strong at heart, dat business be like gamble

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Ewedegubbler: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2021
use Native doctor or Ndi Akpu obi
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by BigYash: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2021
Banjulthompson:
Juju
They fear juju die grin Even if its fake them go run go find money pay op. Them no say juju no dey pity
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by TruthUntold: 11:56am On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Most Nigerians don't deserve help.

don't conclude that based on your bad experience.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by triplec93(m): 11:56am On Nov 30, 2021
Oga police no suppose arrest person for debt, so get a lawyer to advise you on the legalities involved and go the courts. Once u have the signed documents u are good to go. That's enough evidence. By the way na business not frds and family mata. That's how one secondary frd called me and decieved me into lending her some tens of thousands during the covid 19 era when I was in lack of money. I gave her enough time. After some months I texted, messaged, called but she no gree reply. It would had been beta if she gave me excuses. But the treatment eeh. I don learn Sha.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by tofolo(m): 11:57am On Nov 30, 2021

Use Civil defense...
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Sterope(f): 11:57am On Nov 30, 2021
Police should not be involved because it is a civil matter. They are not debt collectors. If the transactions happened in Lagos, you can take a look at the small claims court and procedure.

Lending money with interest is a regulated business. Which means you shouldn't be running that kind of business, might even be a crime.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by lolu2019: 11:57am On Nov 30, 2021
Change ur line of business. Money lending is not a good business. what a lot of us don't know is that their is one bad spirit of money spending. that is y u see a lot of entrepreneurs employed accountants to manage their money.u should have tried the transport business again.my grandfather failed in transport business twice. He made it the third time.he didn't give up.money lending is not a good business. D last time I checked Covid is still very much around. Bro,it is not business as usual.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Mrbenny001: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2021
There's no where in the world where someone will just wake-up and start lending people money... without proper and strong refunding policy, guarantors, verify borrower's businesses and home and collaterals like you and most of these loan apps are doing..where their only hope of getting their defaulters is ordinary phone contacts which could actually bee faked... certainly such business will fail in world capital of poverty and corruption like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

Get a lawyer
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Lenient001: 11:59am On Nov 30, 2021
It's like u're a hardtype urself. Those two business u mentioned aren't for a gentle soul.
It would be a best option if u go for buying and selling business.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by petsey(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2021
Hope no be from Nigeria sha...
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by ominilongest(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
amadioha
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by triplec93(m): 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
TruthUntold:

don't conclude that based on your bad experience.
Oga don't decieve ursef or u will learn in a hard way. When he said most that wasn't an exaggerated statement but a fact. Only lend out to few trusted and close by frds, and lend out what you can afford loosing. I don learn in hard ways on top money I no get, because of soft heart.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by AlieninPH: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
shawnfamous:
dude if use ask money from me I wouldn't give u because my friend refused paying me his debt ? Baba, if I see u fit and responsible, why won't I ?

You might be a young man. But you have the wisdom of someone who will successfully grow old.
As you have said, lend money only to someone who is fit and responsible.
@AbelAbdul and others who want to become money lenders, listen to this advise.
Always carry out a fit and responsibility test including demand of physical collateral from anyone before lending out money.
When you do the above, you will become a successful money lenders.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by MansoryMX(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

Go to any nearby Naval base, report the matter and thank me later. Don’t use Army, get sympathy but you see Nigeria Navy, the more you are pleading the more dey are getting more angry.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by tofolo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=tofolo post=108084559]

Use Civil defense...
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Kingofhoes: 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Actually if the debtors signed an agreement with you. You do have the power to charge them to court leading to their arrest. That's if the money they owe is worth it
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by FindX(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
I am doing the same business. Bros i no dey loom anybody papa face. If you collect common 5k you go drop collecteral wey worth 20k and if you dare default, i go sell your collecteral take recover my money. Nigerians no deserve help.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by izubext007: 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Some thing must be involved.
Either police or native police, people are just stubborn.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by SenecaTheYonger: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
You have to be insane to go into lending business in nigeria.

Why do you think those loan companies result to the most insanely extreme methods to deal with defaulters? They will never pay if you don’t use extreme method.

All those ones that come online to cry how loam companies are disgracing them and playing victim, I just laugh. I know they deserve it.

Even the ones supporting the govt to clip the wings of loan companies, you can just tell they are bad debtors.

Any Nigerian who has ever loaned another Nigerian money know that what these loan companies are doing is the only means of even standing a 10% chance of getting their money back.

Just forget your money bros.

You want to use police to arrest 15 people? How much will you spend?

Next time take a huge collateral, something that is more than the money you’re lending out before you give out money. So even if you sell the collateral at a loss you still end up in profit.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NUBIFIE Shuts Down Heritage Bank Headquarters In Lagos Over Mass Sack / New Bank Promoters Must Disclose Sources Of Fund – CBN / Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.