Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,713 members, 7,882,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:01 AM

How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? (19991 Views)

How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? / Can Someone Be Wealthy Without Involving In Dirty Deals / Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Constanttruth(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Persuasion, then pray for God's provisions for them to be able to pay their debts. Thank me later.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Adewaleakpode: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Don't arrest them just settle the policemen arrange with them that you don't wants the people arrested but their properties police should carry them and parts of their properties valuable to your money or more than then later release them to go and get the money before their coming to get back the properties! I have used the method severally and it works.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by reason1man: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
How much is involved, let me advice you
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Chinbunda: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

I was here on this platform in 2019 seeking for advice concerning Transportation business.
I eventually went into the business and it was a sad experience. You can read my previous threads for more information on the business.

After the collapsed of the transportation business, I venture into money lending business.

I lend money to people with the hope to get a refund with interests.

Since 2019 I went into the business, I have lent money to over 20 people and only 5 have refund the money.

Those 5 people who refunded the money, it was a fight before the refund.

Before I lend money to people, I make them sign T & C documents.
Some signed the hard copy others signed the softcopy.

When it is time to pay off, they refuse to pay. I have called them severally. At a point I told them to pay only the capitals and forget about the interests.

At a point some will make statements like "Don't disturb me. Even Federal Government owes. It is debt not stealing".

I had made arrangement that this December I will arrest some of them.

But recently I read on this platform that the police has no right to arrest anyone over debt.

Please how can I get them refund my money without involving the police?
Use military way
Give one soldier like 5k depending on how much the money be, make dem threaten the person e go fine the money e sure for me
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by MarketDispatch: 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

As an individual, Never lend money out without collecting sellable collateral twice the value of the amount.

That way, you will never have quarrel with any debtor.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by ibechris(m): 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
If u want to deal with them that,they will be begging u. Pls,travel to Anambra state,visit any village shrine where they enforce justice without being biased. People will make u wicked,when u visit ,never u listen to anybody anymore because they will come begging.
The shrine will do justice to every individual who is owing u. They will pay and pay u all the interest compounded.
Have u ever seen igbo business men and women shouting over debtors for their money,lai lai. Because they know how to get their money without involving any police man or village head.

Do this and thank me later,no one deserves pity except he or she pities himself first.
Nigerians are chronic debtors and wicked one at that.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by snoopz: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
very simple, stop lending people money... if na 2 odds you Dy rollover everyday you for don hit jackpot
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by elmodee7(m): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
Pray
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by winner37(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
This is a very serious issue which must be deal with care...
Am still facing this problem too ,when I asked him to return my money over a year now he started giving me stories now if he sees me on the streets he doesn't greet me anymore ...
Am planning to visit him with some soldiers.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Milkycollins002(m): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

I was here on this platform in 2019 seeking for advice concerning Transportation business.
I eventually went into the business and it was a sad experience. You can read my previous threads for more information on the business.

After the collapsed of the transportation business, I venture into money lending business.

Since 2019 I went into the business, I have lent money to over 20 people and only 5 have refund the money.

When it is time to pay off, they refuse to pay. I have called them severally. At a point I told them to pay only the capitals and forget about the interests.

At a point some will make statements like "Don't disturb me. Even Federal Government owes. It is debt not stealing".

But recently I read on this platform that the police has no right to arrest anyone over debt.

the only way them can pay u dz money is when you report them in shrine. Apart from this u will hardly get ur moni, d same tin happened to my mom and someone told her to report the case in shrine. Lo and behold b4 a week them all paid my her mom including the interest 'police station is the worst place to report anything that get to do with debt.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by JUSTDREY: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
U just ventured in the business you know nothing abt, very dangerous one like that, you failed in many ways before giving out loans, forget abt police or else you make a deal with certain officer to do d illegal job for you only if he will also be sincere with you, you already failed in d beginning so to track your money will only through grace and not sure if d force will work out now, if you can't use your head in lending you will use your legs. Uhh may God be with you naija pple don't send oo wen it comes to loan
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Finger5(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Go report all of them at Okija shrine. Less than one week you will get all money back. Lol...
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by poweredcom(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nigerians no good to lend money

I don borrow friend money ....two of Dem no gree pay me back till now
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by firo08(m): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
Drop the number let help you call him
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Kfed4ril(m): 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

Was it that you gave them the debt without collateral?
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Ppgg: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
When you are ready you will involve Army
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Oyerinde16(m): 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
adekolaelect:
Even if police arrest them you may not get refund but police station I'll get their own money. First is to trace them to their Residence ,know much of their families or their work place .you will now start and take your verbal and vicical Threat with cutesy but nest time after this one ask for collateral from whoever you want to give lone ,even tell some to bring things with receipt that over value the amount you are giving out to them and set laps time for them. if payment was not make their properties will be forfieted. Stop allowing familiarity in your business but don't forget " The words of God doesn't permit us for this kind of business"

Once you tell them to bring tangible collateral, they will look at you with a bad eyes and say all type or rubbish, they will not borrow again, they know if you have their collateral, they will be the once in panic mode, chasing u up and down... Once they have nothing to loss, they will say you van go to hell... Na borrow them borrow them no steal...
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by einsteine(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Are you a loan shark? In any case, for a lender, the job is done before lending the money not after lending the money. Don't because of the high interest you have charged neglect the C's of credit: character (what's the person's credit history), collateral (does the person have collateral to provide as security), capacity (does the person have the capacity to repay? What's the person's income in relation to the repayment amount), conditions (what's the person doing with the loan amount? Personal loans will be consumed, business loans might generate the money to pay for the loans. Also, what interest are you charging? If you charge high interest, the person may not be able to pay back) and capital (poor people generally can't repay loans. That's why banks only give loans to people who already have some capital).

Loan sharks generally don't care about all this. If you are a loan shark, you can only collect the money through illicit means (shaming, use of soldiers/cultists/policemen) but if the debtor is aware of the law, you will end up suffering serious legal consequences for such.

If you are not a loan shark, contact a lawyer for proper debt recovery methods but be aware that you will be at the mercy of the debtor's income stream. The best the court would do is to garnish the accounts of the debtor and debit him or her as money comes in but if money does not come in, you can't do much.

People advising you to call army or police haven't seen problems. There is a guy currently in Kiri Kiri. He lent someone money and invited soldiers to beat the guy up to repay. Unfortunately, they beat the guy to death and ran, leaving him to face the fallout. He is still awaiting trial for murder.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
My brother even me self that is still struggling didn't bother asking him how it's got to that amount, I only to him to be careful, cos he intend goin to efcc to report the case.
Born2conquer:

12M? How come
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Ukpor1(m): 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
This is the only solution and it is free

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Ukpor1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sign in to this court

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Martinez39s(m): 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
This is why loan apps don't pity Nigerians. When you see loan apps dealing brutally with debtors, the debtors will seem like victims who are treated unfairly. In fact, the debtors will play the victims. If only you know Nigerians.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Chuksaluta(m): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
One solution is getting a post dated cheque. This way they must pay or risk facing the law.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Ajeyo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
WHO KNOWS LAWYERS THAT CAN HELP ME GET MY MONEY THROUGH COURT JUDGEMENT&MY CASH PAUD TO ME?,HELP ME OOOOO
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Poleski: 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

You made a really bad decision to go into the lending business. If you had come here to Nairaland to ask questions, you would have been advised to not do it.

The lending business is tough, especially if you have no clue how to force defaulters to pay.

The police have no right to go after debtors on behalf of an individual or business.

Stop this business and look for other better businesses to run.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Coolgent(m): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Thanks. One of them is an Air Force two star officer.
Very simple go to his superior if he is working in Kaduna let me know pls

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Kpakoice(m): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

I guess U didn't do ur research properly b4 venturing into d business. You rushed into d biz in an informal way. U shud an registered it, get an office, print loan forms,membership card and other essentials in loan management. Den verify ur customers n dier guarantors b4 giving out loan. The best way to get ur moni now is to go with your proof of how much u lent them and how much they repayed plus their balance payment to their home, office etc to "draw" ur money. Its ur moni, no fear, carry one or two person go shout 4dem, no let them rest, nobody needs disgrace

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by mdsne(m): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

arrange a soldier
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by SavageResponse(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2021
Jefferyhi86:
Hmm someone is owning a friend of mine 12million, he has only paid 500,000 almost two years, before you lend someone money they should use a valid property as collateral.. Una get mind sha, as for transport business, u giving ur car out must be strong at heart, dat business be like gamble

The day the make guns legal in this country is the day I will shoot some of my debtors dead!
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by SavageResponse(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2021
TruthUntold:

don't conclude that based on your bad experience.

What he said is the plain truth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NUBIFIE Shuts Down Heritage Bank Headquarters In Lagos Over Mass Sack / Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business / New Bank Promoters Must Disclose Sources Of Fund – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.