Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? (19960 Views)

How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? / Can Someone Be Wealthy Without Involving In Dirty Deals / Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by SavageResponse(m): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2021
jditimiya:
My brother your own na business but mine own na family and friends and they are not paying me up till today. I have stop helping people.

His own case is worse than your own cos his business capital is tied down hence affecting his source of livelihood

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Carparts888(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2021
Police is not a debt recovery agent. This is more of a civil case. If I may ask what category of people do you loan money?Do you check their bank statement to see the inflow and outflow?
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

I was here on this platform in 2019 seeking for advice concerning Transportation business.
I eventually went into the business and it was a sad experience. You can read my previous threads for more information on the business.

After the collapsed of the transportation business, I venture into money lending business.

I lend money to people with the hope to get a refund with interests.

Since 2019 I went into the business, I have lent money to over 20 people and only 5 have refund the money.

Those 5 people who refunded the money, it was a fight before the refund.

Before I lend money to people, I make them sign T & C documents.
Some signed the hard copy others signed the softcopy.

When it is time to pay off, they refuse to pay. I have called them severally. At a point I told them to pay only the capitals and forget about the interests.

At a point some will make statements like "Don't disturb me. Even Federal Government owes. It is debt not stealing".

I had made arrangement that this December I will arrest some of them.

But recently I read on this platform that the police has no right to arrest anyone over debt.

Please how can I get them refund my money without involving the police?
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:01am On Dec 01, 2021
HIRE PRAYER WARRIORS TO GO AFTER HIM OR HER IN THE SPIRITUAL angry
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by millionboi(m): 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Jefferyhi86:
Hmm someone is owning a friend of mine 12million, he has only paid 500,000 almost two years, before you lend someone money they should use a valid property as collateral.. Una get mind sha, as for transport business, u giving ur car out must be strong at heart, dat business be like gamble
I don't believe this? maybe u didn't hear him well?
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by millionboi(m): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
einsteine:

People advising you to call army or police haven't seen problems. There is a guy currently in Kiri Kiri. He lent someone money and invited soldiers to beat the guy up to repay. Unfortunately, they beat the guy to death and ran, leaving him to face the fallout. He is still awaiting trial for murder.
what a Bleep
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by streetsoldier1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

I was here on this platform in 2019 seeking for advice concerning Transportation business.
I eventually went into the business and it was a sad experience. You can read my previous threads for more information on the business.

After the collapsed of the transportation business, I venture into money lending business.

Since 2019 I went into the business, I have lent money to over 20 people and only 5 have refund the money.

When it is time to pay off, they refuse to pay. I have called them severally. At a point I told them to pay only the capitals and forget about the interests.

At a point some will make statements like "Don't disturb me. Even Federal Government owes. It is debt not stealing".

But recently I read on this platform that the police has no right to arrest anyone over debt.

Involving police, you will both loose and police will only extort from both ends. Call the debtor to a meeting, make assessment of what he has and can sell to raise the money and see how u can find closure
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
U heard 12millie,at first he told me e wanted to come to see efcc in benin, I was wat happen, he then told me what transpire between him n a certain man. Even me wen b e friend still de struggle to get 2 million
millionboi:
I don't believe this? maybe u didn't hear him well?
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by Yaink: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
Come and loan me, I will refund you
AbelAbdul:
Good morning everyone.

Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by jditimiya(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
SavageResponse:

His own case is worse than your own cos his business capital is tied down hence affecting his source of livelihood

U will not understand mind too.
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by honourable1769(m): 10:05am On Nov 02, 2023
Dharnchuks:
Speak to a lawyer. I had a case recently where a lawyer I spoke to helped me recover money I've been trying to get since April. He said he called someone in debt recovery at cbn who placed a call to the debtor. The call was recorded for evidence incase the person refused to pay as she promised. The debtor eventually reached out to me and paid in full after just 2 days of me speaking to the lawyer.

hello good day. Please i need your assistance with your lawyers's number you used. im in the same scenerio, someone is owing me over 8m and refusing to pay nor pick my call
Re: How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? by vinexe: 1:01pm On May 18
StayMotivated:
Contact a Lawyer to write a letter of demand, if they fail to pay up within 14 days, he will institute an action in court to recover your money. Trust me your debtors will pay immediately, you can contact me i can be of help
please can ww talk send me a massage through email chineduvincent3131@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. / AMCON Takes Over Afrijet Airlines / NUBIFIE Shuts Down Heritage Bank Headquarters In Lagos Over Mass Sack

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.