Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,673 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:11 PM

Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? (40915 Views)

Motives Could Save Your Life / 5 Reasons Why You Should Opt For Eco-friendly Mattresses / Types Of Wedding Invitation Cards That A Couple Can Opt For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Mammangaddafi(m): 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

Exactly!
God bless you.

You know with the female family planning comes a lot of risk and issues of mismatch or even failure which leads to unwanted pregnancies. While the male type is safer and with less risks.

Lol...this is just a selfish reason. If you want just a kid, go for a hysterectomy after having the kid, the failure rate for that is 0.0% and as for the risk, if any, it's about the same with vasectomy
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Techzeal: 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
Here is your answer.. very straight forward.

Prettiepearlz:
In my opinion, this is how marital problems start oooo. That man did not agree wholeheartedly with your one child policy, he reluctantly agreed after much conviction from you and no one knows how much energy you put into convincing him to agree to your one child rule. Personally, I am not a fan of plenty kids in this our not so friendly economy however it has to be an agreement that from both parties willingly and not reluctantly. That being said, the NO clearly means NO and it is an indication that they guy is not on board with your plans and probably plans to sort himself out in the future perhaps it could ego or ignorance about the vasectomy procedure. Besides you are the one who wants one child, the responsibility is on you to prevent yourself from having another. He clearly doesn't agree with your suggestions and you know it. Let him go and you can find someone who agrees with what you want. If you eventually coerce him into doing your bidding, he will resent you later on in your marriage and trust me you don't want to live with that. Find someone else who agrees with you and your wants and please let him also get someone else to give him the number of kids he wants. You two are clearly not on the same page. Finally your reasons for not wanting to be the one to do the child control is very selfish. You come off selfish with your assertions. I wish you both the best in your endeavours.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by meobizy(f): 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
nellyelitz:
You're the one that doesn't want more than one child, so why do u want to have him steriled instead doing that on ur womb. Anyway, u're a good fiction writer though.
I swear these fiction writers are getting less covert by the day.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by iboboyswag(m): 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Before, I delve into the main discuss , let
me quickly highlight how it all started.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.
That was how I got to meet bro.

Now fastforward to the main reason of this post.
There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?
Is vasectomy a life threatening condition?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..
WHY DID HE BLUNTLY REFUSE A VASECTOMY?

COULD HE HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES?

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN A MAN KICKS AGAINST VASECTOMY?

You are one selfish bitch... I swear.

What if you don't work well in the future and you bail on him... So broda is left shotless?

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by dapolaw(m): 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
The idea to have just one child is yours so you should be the one to evacuate your womb..

Leave that young man alone, you are one self centered woman.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Orgym(m): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
I was curious initially to read this post until I realize the female gender here is yet to know what is good for herself. Family planning planning is a good program to reason in a family but having one kid is not the best considering our society, culture and the future. I will come back to give my piece of advice when she realise reason she is a woman.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by LINTUNE(m): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you are saying this man lied about wanting only one kid to begin with? So if the wife never dies or abandons him,he will be content with one child, if not, he willl want to have more children, even though he still gets to have and keep the one? undecided

Do you even realize what having something "logical" to say even means? You are right that trying to sound intelligent and being intelligent are two completely different things indeed undecided
shut up, u are the dumb person here..can you marry a widower that has done vasectomy when you've not had child before?..

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Tallesty1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
People who say that they're not in relationship because they're not ready for relationship wahala are usually the wahala.

You want one child not him but he agreed because he wants you. That's a huge sacrifice already but you're not satisfied, you still want to take away his ability as "nwoke" so that if marriage kwayasia tomorrow you will go and remarry, born another one while he will be roaming around with a useless manhood.

If I were him, I will end the relationship and my friendship with whoever recommended you.

Nonsense and self centeredness

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by OfficialAPCNig: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
It's the gut for me.

Stupid girl.

6 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by blaise26abj(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
MufasaLion:
Vasectomy needs more awareness. Most men don't understand how it is and most people don't even know it exist. You just gotta talk to him and explain things to him. Most people believes family planning is only done to the females.

Moreover, ego is among the reasons he kicks against vasectomy. An average African man wouldn't want to live his life knowing his semen is useless.

Not just an African man . Any man would really think twice before doing vasectomy.
OP - you said one child and vasectomy . That means if anything should happen to that child , e don be for the man be that . Besides if you love kids , you might end up going outside to have a child . What if you sef pass on ( God forbid ) and he wants to remarry , the other woman don enter one chance if she wants more kids .
Lastly , a vasectomy is the equivalent of removing your womb . That is a very personal decision that you don’t have the right to insist on . Until there is a contraceptive drug for men , women should stop asking men to go for vasectomy

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by meobizy(f): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pinkzebra:
He doesn't have an ulterior motive, but he is scared . As an African man, knowing he can't impregnate a woman and doing that willinging will wreck his ego. Since you brought the game of having one child , then cut off your fallopian tube . Is not risky , at least you get your period and get to enjoy sex without fear of pregnancy . So bear the burnt and leave him out or better still keep trying until you get a man who will dance to your tune .

On a lighter note : may my son not meet a woman like you, iseeeee!
Not cut. Tie. I completely forgot she could do the procedure on herself instead. This really is selfishness to the nth degree; no different from the girlfriend on her period spending the whole five days with her boyfriend to avoid him looking elsewhere.

Anyway, it’s a work of fiction so we no suppose worry. Most women want multiple children in real life.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by VERDA: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What is wrong with wanting just one kid? undecided

Must all your kids friends and companions come from the same sac and womb? undecided

Are you an only child?? If you are cool...if not abeg rest!!, an only child is telling you what it feels like and you are typing what I don't know...

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by RightToReject(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

You and your entire village people are the ones who need a low thinker like her to improve yourselves, not me.

Someone who could not address a simple issue and give unbiased advice but took the whole thing personal with resentful sentimental judgements, throwing shade at me is whom you're saying I need?

I used to think you're smart but now I know better. If this her kinda approach to issues is what gives you orgasm, then I fear for your IQ and what it will further degenerate to for setting her as a standard for you and your likes.

Uchu!

Work on your narcissistic attitude and pettiness in general; that's my point. There's nothing wrong if you wish to have one child, or anyone not wishing to have a child, provided that the reason for anyone who falls in the latter category is pure and not because she has damaged her womb like that little brat that personifies pettiness and anti-procreation in this family section, she is even on this thread already, who has always tried hard to gloss the main reason why she does not want to have a child. Only people that do not know her dirty past and story before she deactivated her old moniker some years ago will fall for her lies and posturing.

10 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Igwe85(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Stupid idea.... If that Guy marries you,he endanger his own Life..... You are a devil incarnate... What if that your only child dies,your stupid decision will render the guy useless for life

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

The big question is ..

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

You really come off as selfish.
If you really don't want more than one child, madam, go and do tubal ligation.

4 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by pembisco(m): 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
Selfish woman. Why not perform total hysterectomy on yourself and leave the man out of it after having one child?

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by LINTUNE(m): 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
Michelle55:

Please leave her to keep deceiving herself.
This same her publicly declared that she's done with men yet she's here masturbating over the fact that some dude refused her selfish conditions.
She should kindly marry her work like she proudly declared here and leave men for those that loves them even with their shortcomings.
To be boastful no good at all, na only she say she's done with men and na still she dey worried say one of those she's done with no gree for her suggestion.
Confuse folks everywhere!!
lol..u Don finish am .nice one

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Omakraid(f): 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Please let the man be. God forbids that something happens to that one child, you are the only one who would be able to move on, he would not. Or go tie up your fallopian tubes since you are the one who wants just a child.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by idanone(m): 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.

There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..

funny post... Women are 4 ever selfish

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Kuriosmynd: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
One of the most stupidiest thing I will read of a girl ask her would be husband.
Person wey suppose ditch you...like wtf
who do you think u are?
Your man should give up his fertility for you and your one imaginary child?
Like I don't get o
Wat if the child ended being a bastard of paternity fraud..? Anyman who agrees to that is a foolish sissy. except on his own terms
What if the child fell sick and die...
U must be really sick if this story is true.
Even the one child makes it more stupid and annoying

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Babastrong(m): 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
No matter how deeply i love you. You can't tell me to have only one child. You better park your yansh commot my life.
me, that i came from family of 21. None of us is living hard life. The family bound/love is there.
the only thing that can make a woman tell me this is poverty. And that line(poverty) had been crossed years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Tosin67: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
The guy is an idiot for even calling you self.... Only God know how people like you think self. And you still have the gut to carry yourself to this place and explain yourself. Who ask you question. You want to destroy someone's life because of your own selfishness. Why can't you cut off your own valopian tube after your one child. Waray niyin ma...

8 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by toujurs: 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Why not you remove your womb for him, Oloshi!, since you don't want another child. Werey woman. I pity you, its when you get to 40yrs you will realise how your selfishness destroyed your life. Guys are really taking shit from women, who tha Bleep are you angry, with your liability ass, you want a man to do vasectomy. May God punish you there.

8 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by LINTUNE(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

I don't know why you have taken this whole thing personal from your very first comment. You really sound pained.

So what if I said I was done with men?
Do you, or any of your monitoring agents know if I made that statement to ward off the men on here?
Do I have to spell everything in black and white to the letter before you guys can get my drift?

I don't like engaging bitter souls like you but I just had to do this to clear whatever stupid notion you're having about me and make you understand I don't give a damn what you or anyone think about my activities on here. So, get lost!

Take your bad energy elsewhere; do yourself a favor and buzz of my mentions.

check yourself properly, you are the bittered one here...why not go for surrogacy instead, so many of your mates are doing it, like one of the commenters said, leave men for women that will value them, you can't claim not to want a man in your life,yet you creat thread all the time masturbating about topics related to men...read about surrogacy and consider it as an option,don't destroy that young man's life cos of your selfishness,leave him alone.

8 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by slivertongue: 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
AdaSunshine:
Your terms and conditions are just simply too much, a huge turn off.

-Don't you think that is too much of a sacrifice to ask of someone you're not married to?

-Do you think you're worth that sacrifice?
Why would you ask someone to give up their fertility?
-How far have you gone with him to dare to ask that of him?
-Do you know the magnitude of the sacrifice you're asking for?
- Isn't that selfish of you?

-Will you be ready to take the blame later in future?
If I were the guy, I'd take that as a red flag.
I'd be the one to opt out.

You said it, as it should be said. Though I don't believe this story

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by rickyboss333: 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
You said it all...he only reluctantly agreed to having one child. I am very sure deep down in his mind he cannot remain faithful to that assertion 4 too long. He probably agreed hoping not to spoil ur mood since u guys r still getting 2 know each other n hoping also 2 change ur mind on a better day. I don't see any average african man accepting 2 have just 1 child when having more isn't a problem, especially knowing there's a probability of having that 1 child 2 b a female n ofcourse, I am very sure that 95 out of 100 african man will always want atleast a male child.
I feel your taking it too far by having second thoughts about him. For me, talking about having just one child is not a day discussion, let alone going as far as telling him to loose his firtility as a man...trust me, it's too much to handle in one straight thought. Am also sure u haven't even thought about d disadvantages that this can cause u 2 as a couple, 4 instance, d loss of d only child over time.
U also need 2 understand that we are all humans and such idea sounds quite selfish at first thought. so u need to take it easy
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by RealAdewole(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
No african bred african man will agree with you to have just one child... That been said true african man will not buy the idea of vesec not to even add the tomy...

anyway i am available, only that you have to reach a compromise with me that we are having 2 and we are not going to do that Ves......
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by TheWolfen(m): 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
My dear you are not ready for that relationship. Vasectomy lol
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

Vasectomy?? Hmmm that's permanent. What's if the only child dies? I can never advise any young man to try vasectomy.

This guy could be good. Don't loose him because of this. Even me can't try this.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by TundeChris: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

He won't marry you. Truth is he wants more than one kid (Most men do), so you telling him all these things is surely a deal breaker and he is only hanging around because he is still intrigued. You might want to re-evaluate your stance on that one kid policy because you automatically disqualify yourself with many men. Why do you think men work as hard? To just enjoy? No we are trying to build a legacy, a dynasty.

Plus you have proven that you are not agreeable, a modernized woman (Which is alright), just not alright for men who want more kids. I'd hope the guy makes his decision and move on to someone who is more flexible or willing to have more. Forget vasectomy for now.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Bestok: 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
I just feel like reporting the post so it will be taken down. Like why the Bleep you educating us about vasectomy, we are Africa men, you choose to have one child then family plan, don't force it on him. He has his own plan! Why would you even suggest another man kills his sperm while you fertile? You came up with the suggestion for a single child do the family planning on you.
]Hi fam.

The big question is ..

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN A MAN KICKS AGAINST VASECTOMY?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Ishilove: 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nairalanders be dragging the OP like Tiger gen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / RRS Operatives Rescue Stranded Girl On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.