Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,709 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:41 PM

Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? (40917 Views)

Motives Could Save Your Life / 5 Reasons Why You Should Opt For Eco-friendly Mattresses / Types Of Wedding Invitation Cards That A Couple Can Opt For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by gstream: 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
You don't deserve to be married.. just stay forever single..haba.
You selfishly arm twisted him into agreeing to have only one child, now you want the family planning to be on him...are you a beast or a human?. It's obvious you are going to kill the "Bro" las las.
please just release him back into the ocean to relate with his kind, not cold-blooded humans like you.

Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Before, I delve into the main discuss , let
me quickly highlight how it all started.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.
That was how I got to meet bro.

Now fastforward to the main reason of this post.
There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?
Is vasectomy a life threatening condition?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..
WHY DID HE BLUNTLY REFUSE A VASECTOMY?

COULD HE HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES?

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN A MAN KICKS AGAINST VASECTOMY?

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Tallesty1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Case closed.

The female version is hysterectomy if I'm right.

Meanwhile, I could swear I've seen Mercychen saying "she's done with men" somewhere on this forum.
You're right.

She should simply undergo a hysterectomy. No pregnancy, no period.

Fvck till they kingdom comes.

5 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Bouncing2(m): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Man that went through vasectomy are still complaining about getting seriously unfit,etc.

I guess guyman no gree cos it goes against his personal volition,,,,no too go de press our brother man,,,,,,u simply no like him,,,y not TELL him...

This is sh** ,, there's hysterectomy ma'am,,why not go ahead with that one.

You simply don't like our brother man,,**yucks

NB: STOP BEING UNNECESSARILY WICKED.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Danielnicks: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
A lady comes up with the idea of having just one child, and convinces her lover to agree to it. Without even missing a beat she goes on to suggest he should be the one to undergo said procedure, because apparently she's thought it through and it makes perfect sense to her; ergo it should make perfect sense to him. In this world of divorces and God forbid dying children being on the rise. What's to say you guys can't get divorced later and the dude finds another woman but can't procreate? Or let's say the child kicks the bucket? and you're left childless. You always have the option of getting down with someone else. But the nigga who had the decision forced on him is in total limbo as to what to do. I will go on to state without a doubt, that at no point did you ever reason things from this perspective. I couldn't marry someone as myopic and delusional as you. My apologies in advance. Good day.

5 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by MrColdsweat: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
May we never come across a Lady with this level of selfishness.

9 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by yommen: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Dreadshy:
What is sauce for the goose is also good for the gander... tie up your tubes if you dont want more kids, simple. Trouble will end, relationship restored

At least, it's her wish to have just a kid. He shouldn't be the one to 'castrate' himself. Orokoro!

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Ivimmanuel: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sister why would you want to make a man's child miserable nah? Just stay single and leave your life abeg

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hathor5:

I don't even know which one is your old moniker.

And you are right, I don't care. Had I cared enough, I would have reacted earlier but I didn't. I only reacted to what Klass wrote because I loved her comment, the underlying message in it.

PEACE OUT wink

Like I care if you cared? undecided. Lame.

You should have as well mentioned her in a dead thread to express your like for her comment since it was because of her comment you reacted to the post. But because you just want to ( as usual) express your dislike for this moniker, you had to come here and say trash.

Uchu!

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by babtoundey(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
I know what the guy is thinking. God forbids, if something happens to the one and only child, he will be childless while you the originator of the horrible idea may end up living with as many kids as you want.

I don't want many children but no circumstances will make me agree to having one child. My answer will always be an affirmative "No".

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by TheWolfen(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
I just weak

Maryjane001:

Ask yourself this....turn the tables around.
If u were in his shoes, would you do the same?. Everything shouldn't revolve around you my dear. You want one child, that's fine. There are ways you could go about it by consulting a professional doctor.
How do you even think he would feel after he accepts to undergo vasectomy?. His ego would be ruined and depression would likely set it in. Worse still, he would put all the blames on you.
Marriage never start, you don dey groom wahala....na wa o. I hope you are ready to dance when the drum starts. No be by gragra o
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by TheRedpillguy: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

You are the one who needs to shut that gutter you call a mouth and have been using to spew trash all over the place.

Common sense they say is not common otherwise you would have reasoned that every one is entitled to their choices and what they want in a relationship regardless of what the other person or society thinks. Dumbo!
It's now Left for both parties to agree on common grounds or disagree and go their separate ways.

Just try to be logic in your reasoning for once and stop sounding sentimental like a broken record.

Some of you men want more than what you can cater for and later you start seeking help from your single friends to feed the battlion you formed in future.

We are trying to be proactive about such situations to avoid overpopulating the country, you're here crying like someone cheated of his birthright.

Buzz off and don't even dare mention me.
Lol
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by UDUJ(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Michelle55:

Please leave her to keep deceiving herself.
This same her publicly declared that she's done with men yet she's here masturbating over the fact that some dude refused her selfish conditions.
She should kindly marry her work like she proudly declared here and leave men for those that loves them even with their shortcomings.
To be boastful no good at all, na only she say she's done with men and na still she dey worried say one of those she's done with no gree for her suggestion.
Confuse folks everywhere!!

She lies too much. I know her series of old monikers. I can wake up from my sleep and read a post and know it's her. She seeks attention too much and the attention she cannot get in real life she seeks to get virtually online. Nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
Actually, the risk associated with vasectomy is greater, reversing it isnt 100% effective.

Now, what if the kid died' How will you handle that?

I think you should agree to being the one to do the family planning, relationships arent buid on suspicions, but trust.

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by ginggerxy: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
AdaSunshine:
Your terms and conditions are just simply too much, a huge turn off.

-Don't you think that is too much of a sacrifice to ask of someone you're not married to?

-Do you think you're worth that sacrifice?
Why would you ask someone to give up their fertility?
-How far have you gone with him to dare to ask that of him?
-Do you know the magnitude of the sacrifice you're asking for?
- Isn't that selfish of you?

-Will you be ready to take the blame later in future?
If I were the guy, I'd take that as a red flag.
I'd be the one to opt out.
I'm so glad this is coming from a lady . Op is so selfish

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by abbey621(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
SIMPS will sooner or later find themselves in deep shit, your reasons for wanting only one child is purely selfish and you alone should bear the consequences, the guy accepted because he cares for you but honestly he's an idiot for even entertaining such. I could understand after 2 or 3 children but just one, what now happens when life happens, what happens when that one child decides to be a Bobrisky or worse? What happens if that child is born with some ill health? Why box yourself in a corner? Humans thinking they are wiser than God now......laughable!

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by DrDax: 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Before, I delve into the main discuss , let
me quickly highlight how it all started.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.
That was how I got to meet bro.

Now fastforward to the main reason of this post.
There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?
Is vasectomy a life threatening condition?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..
WHY DID HE BLUNTLY REFUSE A VASECTOMY?

COULD HE HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES?

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

Vasectomy is basically irreversible.

God forbid you lose the child, your only child in future.

I think you are unreasonable.

I could say more of what I think of your reaction to his response but you will not like it.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by ikennamadu1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
One child policy... Until he gives birth to dozens outside
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by allahIsAnIDOL: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

What if the only child eventually dies, what will happen to the man? He'll be rendered useless? And you'll move on and dump him just like that. This is bullshit and I support him a lot.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by egunna(m): 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
Dreadshy:
What is sauce for the goose is also good for the gander... tie up your tubes if you dont want more kids, simple. Trouble will end, relationship restored
no,make she remove d womb na him sure pass.she dey craze

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

You should be the one to do tubal ligation. Free the guy. If you want 1 child, then you should plan everything on yourself. Why didn't you suggest tubal ligation on yourself? It is safe as well
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by jimter44(m): 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
See a selfish lady! You want an only child and you don't want to do hysterectomy, you are forcing vasectomy on someone son. I don't think you are ready for marriage. By the time age starts knocking at your door, you will back down with your stringent condition. I don't think the parents of the guy would accept that.

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by sammirano: 2:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Girl. You are vile, evil & terrifyingly wicked!

5 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Acidosis(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
JovialJune:

[/s]

What do you mean by the truth?

It behooves me that so many people are not and don't even know the meaning of "open mindedness", you all think because we are in Africa and Nigeria, certain things can't happen here, you are the kind of person that instead of facing reality, you prefer to see things in a limited way, your likes are the ones who insults, degrade people who decides to open up and speak up instead of keeping some certain aspects of their lives to themselves just to conform with societal norms, that is why Nigeria and most African countries are where they are today,

Change is constant, the world is changing fast leaving us behind, open your mind and accept the fact there are people who will continue to deviate from the usual norm you all are used to, so believe it or not, there are so many Nigerians(men and women) that are not interested in children, one child policy, and retaining their singlehood till old age/death, same with Vasectomy/hysterectomy. Go to hospitals and ask doctors/consultants.

Will you advise your brothers to embrace vasectomy after one child?

Talking about degrading people, I'll advise you to look at the mirror o. You're the one making assumptions here that African men are probably backward for not embracing a so called one child policy that failed woefully in one of the most liberal nations on earth.

I'm only living my reality rather than making up assumptions. China is the only country that has ever declared a one child policy and that act has been long abolished. Now they're trying to fix the mess they got themselves into.

Those who embraced that policy are almost insignificant in relative term. If you ask 100 Americans, you'll be lucky to find 0.5% agreeing to one child policy. I'm not sure you'll get 0.1% agreeing to not only one child, but also vasectomy! (Ask me for the link to the survey, if you need it).

We don't have to drag this too far. We can simply close the thread if you agree to link your brother with OP.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by 77up(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
AdaSunshine:

-Don't you think that is too much of a sacrifice to ask of someone you're not married to?

-Do you think you're worth that sacrifice?
Why would you ask someone to give up their fertility?
-How far have you gone with him to dare to ask that of him?
-Do you know the magnitude of the sacrifice you're asking for?
- Isn't that selfish of you?

-Will you be ready to take the blame later in future?
If I were the guy, I'd take that as a red flag.
I'd be the one to opt out.
God will bless you sister.

I'm happy this comment came from woman, the bitter truth here is , she's very selfish.

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
AdaSunshine:

-

And the lady in question isn't a kid o. She's nothing less than 37 years. See her talking childishly. What a very selfish, and proud girl. If it's beauty she has that's making her talk and demand anyhow, one day that beauty will fade. All that would be left are wrinkles.

"....cos I am decent, honest, hardworking bla bla bla..". If you think that's all it takes to keep a man,then you must be suffering from tunnel vision. Such a very silly girl.

He called you and you refused to pick, acting up. How can a 35y+ woman be acting like a teenager.

11 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by obinna58(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Not only he should have one child but also fry his sperm for you.

I wonder who she thinks she is.
Na this kind thing dey make person loose temper kpatapata

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Karleb(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
grin grin

They have finished OP today.

7 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by VERDA: 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you are saying this man lied about wanting only one kid to begin with? So if the wife never dies or abandons him,he will be content with one child, if not, he willl want to have more children, even though he still gets to have and keep the one? undecided

Do you even realize what having something "logical" to say even means? You are right that trying to sound intelligent and being intelligent are two completely different things indeed undecided

I think people should be very careful what they ask of others, like the other guy you quoted mentioned, if for some reason they get a divorce or something happens to her, nobody prays for this though...this agreement means he is not to marry again, and if he does he can't father a child with the other lady...

I do not see most women agreeing to this...
The man obviously does not want one child and is probably thinking about the future including what the person you quoted mentioned... Oga should have just quietly told her no and moved on, I don't know why people like complicating their lives.

The woman on her part is very selfish..you ask someone to make such a huge sacrifice and you are not willing to

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by egunna(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

Exactly!
God bless you.

You know with the female family planning comes a lot of risk and issues of mismatch or even failure which leads to unwanted pregnancies. While the male type is safer and with less risks.

so he shud now come and make himself sterile.suppose anything happens to d one Child u have.have u ever thought of that?u shud try to reason before u come up with ridiculous ideas.no mentally sound Nigerian will agree to ur bullshit.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by gstream: 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Lighter note ke?.
This is what Yoruba call Agbako...may God deliver our children from ladies of this ilk.
Pinkzebra:
He doesn't have an ulterior motive, but he is scared . As an African man, knowing he can't impregnate a woman and doing that willinging will wreck his ego. Since you brought the game of having one child , then cut off your fallopian tube . Is not risky , at least you get your period and get to enjoy sex without fear of pregnancy . So bear the burnt and leave him out or better still keep trying until you get a man who will dance to your tune .

On a lighter note : may my son not meet a woman like you, iseeeee!

4 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by egunna(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
nellyelitz:
You're the one that doesn't want more than one child, so why do u want to have him steriled instead doing that on ur womb. Anyway, u're a good fiction writer though.
no wonder she has been single.who go marry weirdo.

6 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by efighter: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
The OP is a wicked witch from the pit of Hell.

I advise the witch to go and marry FFK. FFK does not want any child again.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / RRS Operatives Rescue Stranded Girl On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.