Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

The Truth About Depression, Symptoms, Causes And Cure - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Truth About Depression, Symptoms, Causes And Cure (199 Views)

ZINOLEESKY Tweet About Depression / Nigerian Lady Commits Suicide Months After Writing About Depression(photo) / Amara Kanu Talks About Depression As She Steps Out Looking Radiant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Depression, Symptoms, Causes And Cure by 0Tolu0: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
The purpose of this article is to inform and educate people about what depression is, how dangerous it is and how important it is to take care of our mental health, please read till the end.

Depression is a major mental health problem that should really be taken seriously in the world today as it has and is still causing a lot of deaths around the world.

Depression is different from most emotions people normally feel, it is a lot more intense than sadness and may become a serious health condition which makes the person that is affected to suffer intensely and unable to function properly and can unfortunately lead to suicide if it gets worse.

Depression is actually very common and most people who suffer from depression are usually good at hiding it and pretending everything is okay,the United Nations (UN) health agency reported that more than 300 million people is affected worldwide and close to 800,000 people end up taking their own lives due to depression every year.

This illness does have ways it can be treated effectively but in most low and middle income countries, depression is not usually taken seriously and just gets worsened due to social stigma and sometimes it’s due to lack of trained health care providers or lack of resources.

Symptoms Of Depression
Depression affects people differently, it might be mild to some people, moderate or severe and there are some common signs people show when they are depressed

1) Loss Of Interest In Daily Activities

Depression can lead to loss of ability to feel joy or pleasure, people with depression don’t find joy in most things they do even if it’s something they used to enjoy like hobbies or social activities.

2) Loss Of Appetite

It can lead to loss of appetite, people with depression might not feel like eating, find pleasure in eating or aren’t even bothered about feeling hungry.

3) Sleep Changes

People with depression either sleep a lot during the day, wake up really late in the morning, sleep till it’s noon or are insomniac and stay up all night.

4) Loss Of Energy

People with depression might become sluggish or just feel weak most of the time and even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.

5) Self-loathing

This is common with depression, people are depressed usually feel like they’re worthless and harshly self-criticize.

6) Recklessness

Depression can lead to doing reckless things such as reckless driving, drinking, obsessive gambling or substance abuse.
Click link below to view full article
https://humornstuff.com/the-truth-about-depression-symptoms-causes-and-treatment/

Re: The Truth About Depression, Symptoms, Causes And Cure by Xenisha: 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
I should not have faced depression; for a long time I did not know how to get out of it. So I turned to Faithful Counseling, because it is an experienced help for modern Christians. And they really helped me there, so I'm very happy about it and I want to share it with you. If you are faced with any moral or spiritual problems, you can always turn to them and they will definitely help you.

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy Is Losing It Musically” – Singer, Cynthia Morgan / Moment Fans Gives Wizkid A ‘smack Down’ On Stage(watch) / Maraji's Baby Bump Is Reall!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.