Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,791 members, 7,969,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:07 AM

Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? (1369 Views)

Stop Sucking Pussies Guys..It's For Your Own Good. / I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because I Want To Cut Down Expenses / Man's Joystick Cut Off For Sleeping With A Married Woman. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
Is there a relative or friend that you had to cut-off? And the reason?

There's alot of people who would tell you that life's too short to distance yourself from others...that you should learn to move on from the past, forgive and forget... But that's all toxic positivity...

Most often, it's better... For our body, mind and soul... Blood ties alone aren't enough to pledge ourselves to those who aren't deserving of our affections and loyalty and trust.

Mine: my father, paternal relatives...

Any one you've deliberately let go off?

Mynd44
Lalasiclala
Seun
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by KiNg0G: 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
This whóre again

cut her father off, na you all can see where her toxic nature towards men is coming from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Jeon(f): 4:11pm On Dec 17, 2021
yes

everyone around me
because I don't want to hurt their feelings, I'm two-faced person.. I JUST PRETEND and PLAY ALONG.

Datboredberry:

There's alot of people who would tell you that life's too short to distance yourself from others...that you should learn to move on from the past, forgive and forget... But that's all toxic positivity...

Most often, it's better... For our body, mind and soul... Blood ties alone aren't enough to pledge ourselves to those who aren't deserving of our affections and loyalty and trust.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

Jesus, he only gave me false hope and lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by SenecaTheYonger: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Yeah, my appendix (literally).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

actually, i have no one related to me to cut-off. . is like youse been hatinq on your pa lately. . sad

sorry if ya pa brought pains to ya family, buh my father too has abandon us for over 13 years, buh i dnt have a hatred on him. I believe he was not with his riqht mind.. Thank God he raise us frm sch. buh honestly it was my mum that did all the raising and supportin. Thou my father leave alone. cry
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2021
TeddyJammy:

actually, i have no one related to me to cut-off. . is like youse been hatinq on your pa lately. . sad
Why not? You're all alone?

I don't hate him anymore... smiley

sorry if ya pa brought pains to ya family, buh my father too has abandon us for over 13 years, buh i dnt have a hatred on him.
I'm sorry... My dad was horrible... He poured petrol on me once, said if I were dead he would no longer be responsible for me... I was a kid. embarassed

Not to mention that he said I would be having sex with men when I'm 15 and they would take care of me...

Those were the nicest things!

Do you know how if feels to call your dad after he's abandoned you... At ten... And a prostitute picks up... Screaming at you... Because she seized the phone... grin

He was a degenerate scum... He and his messed up family...

But I'm not hating anymore... I did because I felt sad and different but I've accepted that he doesn't deserve love. smiley

Sorry about your dad... And I appreciate your mum... It's sad most people judge single mothers without considering the deadbeat fathers...nor condemn their selfish actions...

I believe he was not with his riqht mind.. Thank God he raise us frm sch. buh honestly it was my mum that did all the raising and supportin. Thou my father leave alone. cry
It's hard to not love mothers... Their perseverance and strength...

I'm grateful to her for doing an amazing job... smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

I'm sorry... My dad was horrible... He poured petrol on me once, said if I were dead he would no longer be responsible for me... I was a kid. embarassed

Not to mention dat he said I would be having sex with men when I'm 15 and they would take care of me...

Those were d nicest things!

Do you know how if feels to call your dad after he's abandoned you... At ten... And a prostitute picks up... Screaming at you... Because she seized the phone... grin

But I'm not hating anymore... I did because I felt sad and different but I've accepted that he doesn't deserve love. smiley

Sorry abt ur dad... And I appreciate ur mum... It's sad most people judge single mothers without considering d deadbeat fathers...nor condemn their selfish actions...

It's hard to not love mothers... Their perseverance d strength

thanks, same goes to u.
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by NoApology(m): 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
Yup. We dated couple of years then we broke up. After sometimes we reconnected as friends with benefits. She is in school so i help her with most of her school work (most girls no get head for books again smh). I help with cash too.

Of late i she has been less and less attractive to me sexually. Not that she is ugly or something, the babe set well but somehow i don't get sexual vibes around her anymore.

Now the reason I cut her off is because she was trying to get us back to being officially lovers but since i am not giving into her sexual advances she started nagging life outa me. Again i run like 90% of her school work for her. Na to write exam for am remain.

I am a busy person and her school burden is one i am tired of shouldering. That's why i had to let her go as she brings nothing to the table. OK bye

1 Like

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Savedday: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

In mosdii voice: They are all useless..... All of them!

3 Likes

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Jeon(f): 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

Not to mention that he said I would be having sex with men when I'm 15 and they would take care of me...

Sorry about your dad... And I appreciate your mum... It's sad most people judge single mothers without considering the deadbeat fathers...nor condemn their selfish actions...

ANYONE WITH RESPONSIBLE DAD SHOULD KNOW THAT HE/SHE IS RESIDING WITH GOD IN HEAVEN..

BECAUSE IT'S A RARE GIFT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by helinues: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2021
I stopped taking things too personal.

Life is beautiful more than that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by MufasaLion: 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
I'm a ghost.
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
helinues:
I stopped taking things too personal.
Life is beautiful more than that

seconded grin
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by helinues: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
TeddyJammy:

seconded grin

It doesn't make sense to allow once good friendship/relationship to end up in such bitter way
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by TheWolfen(m): 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2021
I have cut off many people mostly old friends. . . now these days when I notice toxic behaviors or jealousy in anyone be it a friend, colleague, neighbor , family. I try as much as possible to stay away from such people.

6 Likes

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Truvelisback(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

I have had similar experience. The truth is that, their are people(negative people) we just have to cut off from and there are people we just have to accept.
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Divoc19(f): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
I don't cut off completely.
I only give distance in a way that reads out of site is out of mind
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by diogo23: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

Mynd44
Lalasiclala
Seun
Today we know your problem come from, you never have love of a father..Sorry

1 Like

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
diogo23:

Today we know your problem come from, you never have love of a father..Sorry
What problem? undecided

I absolutely love men... I'm sorry if I call out the stupidity of the young boys on this FORUM... Take it personal, that's your bizz...
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
I have had similar experience. The truth is that, their are people(negative people) we just have to cut off from and there are people we just have to accept.
I'm sorry... smiley

Exactly! For own benefit... Afterall, life is short...
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Truvelisback(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm sorry... smiley

Exactly! For own benefit... Afterall, life is short...
Yea, not everyone would love u or treat u well. That's life. I'm an introvert. I rarely make friends. I'm that gentle type.
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by FanOfMyself: 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2021
I'm sorry that you don't have a father figure in your life.
Don't be bitter against men, all men ain't like your father.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by genkins(m): 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

Mynd44
Lalasiclala
Seun

Yes. I had to cut off my best friend when I realized that he was competing with me in life. He wants the things I aspire to get, just that he wants to get them first.
He doesn't want me to prosper more than him, I reckoned that if he cannot stop my growth, this yoruba boy will poison me one day. I had to sack him for good.
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Deenillah(m): 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2021
Ma guy na woman matter i won cutoff kpatakpata.

I've got goals set and i truly want to avoid any form of distraction.

Now na how i go puttam inna simple way way AbiGail no go feel bad about am. And she's a very nice somebody o. Bur very stubborn sha.
Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

Mynd44
Lalasiclala
Seun

Same here. I had to stop communicating with him because he is a bachelor for life. I don't know how on earth my mother got herself involved with such a man. Honestly, I feel sorry for her.

My father doesn't give a damn about anybody. He only lives for fun and what little thing he does must be announced to everyone who cares to listen. He has brought so much problem and burden into our lives that I wish my mother had done the needful years back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by iamclime(m): 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2021
Datboredberry:

I really think you need to seek some sort of closure, and maybe therapy. You've really been through a lot, and at such a young age! I feel for you.

1 Like

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by bepositive11: 4:05am On Dec 18, 2021
Datboredberry:

Don't mind people who are quick to judge you for cutting off your dad without wondering what your reasons were

I hope you get to see that not all men are like your dad. There are some genuinely good, loving, and caring men out there

1 Like

Re: Is There Someone In Your Life That You Had To Cut-off For Your Own Good? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Same here. I had to stop communicating with him because he is a bachelor for life. I don't know how on earth my mother got herself involved with such a man. Honestly, I feel sorry for her.

My father doesn't give a damn about anybody. He only lives for fun and what little thing he does must be announced to everyone who cares to listen. He has brought so much problem and burden into our lives that I wish my mother had done the needful years back.
I'm honestly sorry... My dad ran off...

Get rid of the negativity that's him... That's the only way to move on from the hurt...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has The Nicest Body. Tiwa Savage Or Simi (PHOTOS) / Single Women Are Happier Than Single Men, Married Women And Married Men / Our Wedding Is So Close But My Fiancé Is In A Big Mess - Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.