Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,399 members, 7,904,487 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

The Emerging Conversation - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Emerging Conversation (3245 Views)

Conversation Between A Muslim And A American Over Terrorists Issue! / CHRISLAM !!!!!: One World Religion Emerging. / Conversation Between An Atheist Professor And His Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Emerging Conversation by nuclearboy(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
dare2think:

Can you then mention one political party/institutions/organization or affliation that is/was not corrupt or open to collusion in history

Or one "Church"?
Re: The Emerging Conversation by yommyuk: 5:48am On Jun 24, 2011
Can you then mention one political party/institutions/organization or affliation that is/was not corrupt or open to collusion in history

nuclearboy:

Or one "Church"?

I get u.  non existence. so why are we blaming all the so called MOGs who are setting up shops all over the place.(4 churches in one building. imagine that.

Maybe I should go and find 3 or 4 others and set up "Superfly church of Christ" cool. Even the muslims have a more unified structure than the CHURCH NOWADAYS. undecided
Re: The Emerging Conversation by yommyuk: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2011
Enigma:

Erm yommyuk, careful and softly softly

Obasanjo, Bush jr, Tony Blair?

By the way, on small churches, the Bible itself says not to denigrate little beginnings. I also referred earlier to Romans 16

Consider also places like China and some Islamic countries where the Church necessarily has to be underground and the importance (as well as power, I daresay) of house churches.

Look at how the Asian Muslims are becoming a formidable force in the Uk and compare that to the Christians. Wherever the Asians muslims setup residence in the uk (East London, NW England), the MP of the area gives them due recognition. But look at the church, division everywhere.

I am not against believers gathering in 2s and 3s for bible studing or fellowship. But making that a pernament thing is self centred. The gospel must be preach outside the walls. There is power in numbers.

Re: The Emerging Conversation by nuclearboy(m): 6:44am On Jun 24, 2011
I think you missed Enigma's meaning. From the days of the Bible, the uncorrupted church seems to have always been the "persecuted" church. Funny isn't it, that once established and powerful, human organisations become political.

In effect, the true church has always been persecuted and maybe because of the persecution, remains pure - such has NO choice at risk of being destroyed. If we follow history, you will find that most persecutions have been performed by "churches" against newer movements refusing to toe the line of corruption the old order had gotten enmeshed in.

Of neccessity, such persecuted or emerging churches have few members
Re: The Emerging Conversation by yommyuk: 8:39am On Jun 26, 2011
nuclearboy:

I think you missed Enigma's meaning. From the days of the Bible, the uncorrupted church seems to have always been the "persecuted" church. Funny isn't it, that once established and powerful, human organisations become political.

In effect, the true church has always been persecuted and maybe because of the persecution, remains pure - such has NO choice at risk of being destroyed. If we follow history, you will find that most persecutions have been performed by "churches" against newer movements refusing to toe the line of corruption the old order had gotten enmeshed in.

Of neccessity, such persecuted or emerging churches have few members

As long as the need is "PURE" and the will of God, kudos. smiley

My major concern for the emerging churches is eventually[b] they grow and become exactly what they seem to have escaped from[/b].

God help us all
Re: The Emerging Conversation by MadMax1(f): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
Learned something new here. America's right wing conservatives have unfairly become something of a joke, not least because of their leaders, hypocritical self-righteous emblems of hate and intolerance.  People like Pat Robertson and his sickly-smiling army of extreme right-wingers. People like the repulsive Ann Coulter. People like Ted Haggard, who attacked g.a.y men for years, only to be exposed as a meth-chogging secret h.o.m.o. se.xu.al himself. And this was a pastor who had the usual plastic 'happy Christian family', millions of followers and the runty ears of then-president George W Bush.  Their Nigerian clones are just as bad, very likely worse.

Didn't know a new Christian movement had been baptised 'Emergent Church.' So, so, so right about it getting politicised later, or becoming what they say they're running from. Still, hearing it exists at all is a real breath of fresh air. 

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religious Leaders And Their Followers Take A Walk To Hell (picture) / Scientific Errors In The Bible / A Reply To Vick$rill's Thread: A Big Thank You To Kingebukanaija, Winer01 And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.