Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,503 members, 7,898,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:14 AM

What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? (66629 Views)

How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / See The Animals My Brother Caught Today / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluwasaudy(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
That's a bush dog... In Yoruba.. it's call owawa

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ogemore(f): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
Buhari and lie Mohammed grin grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by rotimex: 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
becos of this small holiday, una don kill all the animals for bush finish. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Newyorkitis(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
You are very wicked @OP. Why will you kill an animal when you don't know its name.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by KingAzari: 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
Please, does anyone know the name of this bushmeat?

The one on the left is ebola and the one on the right is lassa fever... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluwasaudy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Does this look like the picture in the image
Na wa o
Mopolchi:
Grass cutter or what people call the big rat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by RawBitterTruth(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
9jvirgin:
Uncontrolled Appetite for Insanity

This got me rolling, WTF! grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

Grasscuttter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by fergie001: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Grasscutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Truflexunits(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Okuru
Hoppeyhemmy:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Sirchef: 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by adeoyekay(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
it is called iree in yoruba
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by alyarmouk(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
These ones have no tail greatercane has

donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_cane_rat

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluwasaudy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
I hope you zoom the pictured of the animal killed aha .... I hope you see the head and what it looks like before coming here to form ITK ... That's not a grass cutter....
Tintinnoty:
Grass cutter

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Mopolchi: 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluwasaudy:
Does this look like the picture in the image
Na wa o
Those ones are the mature cane rats.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by iLegendd(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

It's called cook n eat.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Kreme(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_cane_rat
Just shut up or I shut you up
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

Grass cutter (òyá! In yoruba)

But una no get joy o. sad

Edited:

I really don't know, it looks strange.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by abobote: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Success957: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Lala will know this
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Dagger79(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Bush meat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by akdjr(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
This is rock Irax also known as rock badgers author=Hoppeyhemmy post=108903902]Please, does anyone know the name of this bushmeat?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Abujaexpress: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
We call it "omha" in our local dialect
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by muheeb01(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
This is grass cutter nah

Check my signature and profile for my work....contact me on anything about your HEALTH TRADOMEDICALLY...
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Dshocker(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
You killed an animal and you don't know the name

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Onokwu001(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
Jidemoo:
Grass cutter
no be grasscutter. Grasscutter have tail

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Elidrisy20: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
It's called bush man
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Bmaster(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
Lol

Op that's giant rat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by nosa73(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Bush dog

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by iamclime(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
AquaPetals:
Botanical name: Rattus Rattus
Domain name: RAT.
You are about eat a RAT, oke, with diseases and germs all over it. I would abort this mission if I were you.

So, animals now have botanical names? Wonderful!
Animals have zoological names, not botanical names. To be on the safe side, you can just say scientific name, which covers both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Don't always be in a rush to comment or castigate people for their choices. I come in peace. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Richy4(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
“The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.” – Charles Darwin

“We cannot have peace among men whose hearts find delight in killing any living creature.” – Rachel Carson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Breakfast Given To Nigerians At Hajj (picture) / Checkout What A Man Found Inside A Meat Pie (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.