Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,504 members, 7,898,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:15 AM

What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? (66630 Views)

How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / See The Animals My Brother Caught Today / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Stevenbright(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
Rock badger/Rock hyrax

It has no tail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Mopolchi: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
ImoleNaija:
They don't look like grass cutters.

Thank you. It is Owawa. I saw them once. They fell from a tree on campus. The students chased, killed, did justice to one & gave one to a lecturer. They called them owawa. I japa when they fell - they looked so scary.
How are those bush dogs? Look at the sizes of their limbs.

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Arrowss(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
People say it's grass cutter otherwise known as cane rat, that's not grass cutter, check the toes well, all of them are shortened, zoom and check the faces or head well, that's not grass cutter's face or head. Again check well, grass cutter is not usually or as long as those in size. Observe well, if you know grass cutter well, this is not it, sure it looks like it, however, I don't know what this is.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nghada(m): 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
Grass cutter. It's called Nchi in my dialect
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by tnerro1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2021
Na grass cutter, just dry am with seasoning den use palm wine download am, I swear u go add weight immediately grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ImoleNaija: 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2021
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Mopolchi: 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
ImoleNaija:
They don't look like grass cutters.

Thank you. It is Owawa. I saw them once. They fell from a tree on campus. The students chased, killed, did justice to one & gave one to a lecturer. They called them owawa. I japa when they fell - they looked so scary.

Bush dogs, I don't know.
Owawa, I know.

Na the English name dey cause wahala.
grin grin grin You talk say na the English name dey cause wahala

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by kareemkamil(m): 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
Is called Elekute in my dialect
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
Doesn't look like grasscutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
AquaPetals:
Scientific name: Rattus Rattus
Domain name: RAT.
You are about eat a RAT, oke, with diseases and germs all over it. I would abort this mission if I were you.

Smiles!
You remind me of a classmate back then in secondary School.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ImoleNaija: 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
Mopolchi:
grin grin grin You talk say na the English name dey cause wahala

Abi nah grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Chochovini: 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
Lagosianswag:
You Carnivores Kill Anything Killable, Even Things You Can't Name angry
. Hahahahahaha na dia u go fia na!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by sylve11: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
AquaPetals:
Scientific name: Rattus Rattus
Domain name: RAT.
You are about eat a RAT, oke, with diseases and germs all over it. I would abort this mission if I were you.

Lol grin cool
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Mrdigitech(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
These animals are known as the Dwarf African Mongoose. They are very social animals and move about in colonies. It's known as Akpepka in the eastern part of Nigeria. It's a Carnivore.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by TheAviator: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Please someone should recommend be a good book to read..

Quote me please!

What kind of book? Novels or Inspirational or Fiction, etc?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by humphrey235(m): 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
Benin boy
Greenback:
Ofiontor grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Jonah507(m): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
Why this brutality?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by blank(f): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
JuanJO:
no be grass cutter oga. This animal Dem plenty follow waka like wolf pack

It's grasscutter otherwise known as big cane rat.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by jaxxy(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
blackboy:
Grass cutter or big rat but it is not rabbit

What the op has is definitely a grass cuter look at its face and the hairy body.

I think a big rat is different from a grass cutter. Some people are eating big house rats. grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by friday2011(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Eemo
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Chochovini: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Tintinnoty:
Grass cutter
. Its surprising how many people on this forum do NOT know what a grass-cutter really looks like.

Not everything that lives and walks in the bush and of this size is a grass-cutter.

The pix you uploaded here is the real grass-cutter while what the OP claimed he caught though I don‘t know its name but I think it‘s a mere grass-SHAKER not grass-cutter.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
Please, does anyone know the name of this bushmeat?
meerkats
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by denjjy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Damn! You just mentioned the name, it is also called Bush meat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
TheAviator:

What kind of book? Novels or Inspirational or Fiction, etc?
Novels and fiction....
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onewazobia:

Dignity of Manhood by Gbile Akanni,
Google Peace House office, I believe you will get one near your domain
fiction novels.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by vincentbravo(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
BUSH MEAT LIVES MATTER.!!! Stop The Killing.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Tomgerald(m): 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
This is brutality to this animal
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Redomi(m): 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Most people don't know the name. I know the local name but I don't know the English name, they live in holes on rock, you'll easily see them on rock

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by izubext007: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
New year meat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Elmander1983(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
Haaaaa! U eat house rats
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_cane_rat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by SafetyPlug(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Please someone should recommend be a good book to read..

Quote me please!

"The Slight Edge" by Joel Olson

"Outliers; Story of Success" by Malcom Gladwell

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Demogorgon(m): 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
akdjr:
This is rock Irax also known as rock badgers author=Hoppeyhemmy post=108903902]Please, does anyone know the name of this bushmeat?
This is the correct answer. The rock badger.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Breakfast Given To Nigerians At Hajj (picture) / Checkout What A Man Found Inside A Meat Pie (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.