Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:29 AM

What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? (66638 Views)

How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / See The Animals My Brother Caught Today / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by DeRay98(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
Please, does anyone know the name of this bushmeat?
This animal barks at night, lives in holes inside trees in colonies.
Don't knows its name in English but we call it "Akuaghagha" in my village in Edo state because its barks sounds like that at night.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by anyilalaz: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_cane_rat

My friend "shut up", you've not tasted grass-cutter's meat before! How dare you compare this special meat with house rat? I go vex for you.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Mummyfour(f): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Please someone should recommend be a good book to read..

Quote me please!
Virginia Andrew : Heaven.
Or flowers in the attic
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluwasaudy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
....lol..na mad man day argue... Zoom the picture and compare it to your so called grass cutter... Just look at the head closely... Then you score yourself .....
pcagbaji:

That is grass cutter man
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Freerhyme1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
One eediot will just wake up and start killing innocent animals just for fun, we need to have animal control in Nigeria. You kill you go to jail...
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluwasaudy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
pcagbaji:

That is grass cutter man

....lol..na mad man day argue... Zoom the picture and compare it to your so called grass cutter... Just look at the head closely... Then you score yourself .

This bush meat is called owawa in Yoruba...
I day chop am Wella for my school days for oou... E get Hunter way they bring them steady...

So don't argue bro... This no be grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by osazsky(m): 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
That's a giant rat.u will fall sick dont eat it..if u have a dog prepare it for him..its not a rabbit telling from its tails and legs neither is it a
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by gstream: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
Lagosianswag:
You Carnivores Kill Anything Killable, Even Things You Can't Name angry

It's called Omnivores, that's humans.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Chibuezem(m): 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
Lagosianswag:
You Carnivores Kill Anything Killable, Even Things You Can't Name angry
humans are omnivores bro
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by namo77: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Until una chop the new Ebola…. Hmmm
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Simply6: 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Please someone should recommend be a good book to read..

Quote me please!

Do you enjoy mainstream literature? Or would you rather a motivational or business book?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Drogunov: 6:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
orgylover:
there is nothing like grass cutter , that is a rat

Which planet are you from
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

Its called HYRAX, its clawless mammal and barks like dog in the forest.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
gstream:

It's called Omnivores, that's humans.

Its HYRAX check Google
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
osazsky:
That's a giant rat.u will fall sick dont eat it..if u have a dog prepare it for him..its not a rabbit telling from its tails and legs neither is it a

Its HYRAX check Google
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
blackboy:
Grass cutter or big rat but it is not rabbit

Its HYRAX check Google
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
Jidemoo:
Grass cutter

Its HYRAX check Google
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_cane_rat

Its HYRAX check Google
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
AquaPetals:
Scientific name: Rattus Rattus
Domain name: RAT.
You are about eat a RAT, oke, with diseases and germs all over it. I would abort this mission if I were you.

Its called HYRAX killed 1 in the village long time ago. Its clawless and bark like dog in the forest at night
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Makinaki: 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
blackboy:
Grass cutter or big rat but it is not rabbit

It is called rat. Shame on you.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2021
Simply6:

Do you enjoy mainstream literature? Or would you rather a motivational or business book?
main stream... Clue: I've read all dam browns string of mystery novels... From Angels and demons to origin....
Etc.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
ImoleNaija:
They don't look like grass cutters.

Thank you. It is Owawa. I saw them once. They fell from a tree on campus. The students chased, killed, did justice to one & gave one to a lecturer. They called them owawa. I japa when they fell - they looked so scary.

Bush dogs? I don't know.
Owawa? I know.
Na the English name dey cause wahala.

Lol be like u b Urhobo from delta, urhobo name Agwagwa

English name HYRAX barks like dog in the forest at night

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Waffarianman(m): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
DeRay98:

This animal barks at night, lives in holes inside trees in colonies.
Don't knows its name in English but we call it "Akuaghagha" in my village in Edo state because its barks sounds like that at night.

Lives in holes in big trees in the forest. Urhobos call it Agwagwa and barks like dogs in the dark. Its English name is HYRAX check Google

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by apple30(f): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
Sahara forest rat ��‍♀️ grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by lagba04(m): 7:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
I don't know if you know me. But this is not grass cutter. I know grass cutter too well. It's called "Auta" in my dialect and not language. Thanks.

Its your language. Not a dialect. Yorubas call it Oya. That is a grass cutter. It does not live in rocky environment.[/quote]
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluf3mi(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
ImoleNaija:
They don't look like grass cutters.

Thank you. It is Owawa. I saw them once. They fell from a tree on campus. The students chased, killed, did justice to one & gave one to a lecturer. They called them owawa. I japa when they fell - they looked so scary.

Bush dogs? I don't know.
Owawa? I know.
Na the English name dey cause wahala.

Owawa is cheetah fam. Google it.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluf3mi(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluwasaudy:

....lol..na mad man day argue... Zoom the picture and compare it to your so called grass cutter... Just look at the head closely... Then you score yourself .

This bush meat is called owawa in Yoruba...
I day chop am Wella for my school days for oou... E get Hunter way they bring them steady...

So don't argue bro... This no be grass cutter

Lol...baba...owawa is cheetah... Google it.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ImoleNaija: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluf3mi:
Owawa is cheetah fam. Google it.

I saw the same on Google when I checked in the afternoon. No mind am jare - even Google is confused.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Tintinnoty(m): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Fine is not a grass cutter, what's the name?
Oluwasaudy:
I hope you zoom the pictured of the animal killed aha .... I hope you see the head and what it looks like before coming here to form ITK ... That's not a grass cutter....
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Oluwasaudy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
That's a bush dog.... Mostly found where bamboos are or near the river....
Tintinnoty:
Fine is not a grass cutter, what's the name?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by yom2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
Looks like some big rats that escaped from lagos ghettos if u ask me. Cos d real grass cutters has some shiny hairy grey tail
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Ubanz: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
My friend, don't you know rat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Breakfast Given To Nigerians At Hajj (picture) / Checkout What A Man Found Inside A Meat Pie (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.