Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,269 members, 7,928,887 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 02:16 AM

Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches (9840 Views)

For Soccer Fans: Transfer Market News / The Price For Live Transmission Of AFCON Was High - Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2007
Bros, how far? hw we going to search for the channels or it wld update automatically? Am still waitin ooo
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2007
It will update automatically. . . They'll upload 2 our decoders 4rm their end!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2007
waiting, and really anticipating,
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 6:18am On Aug 11, 2007
No be only u oh, bros!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2007
almost didnt sleep, woke up n alas no miracles. Any miracle happen 4 ur end?
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 11:16am On Aug 11, 2007
@RuuDie, grin
Hippie! Hisport2 just came on! There is hope afterall, Tell me if u stay anywahere arnd Ogba; let me invite u 4 a drink!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by emmasweet(m): 7:56am On Aug 12, 2007
GOODMRONING,
I AM SURE YOU ALL WATCHED THE MATCHES YESTERDAY ON HITV, ANY COMMENTS?THERE WERE SOME TECHNICAL HITCHES FROM THE SATELITE THAT WAS WHAT CAUSED THE DELAY IN LOADING THE CHANNELS. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
PLEASE LETS ALL BE PATIENT, HITV WONT LET YOU DOWN.
THANKS
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2007
Omo see f-ups. . . Wey gunnars match na
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Jackal(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Ruudie,

Where have u been?
Join me on the United thread . . . . . .
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2007
emmasweet:

GOODMRONING,
I AM SURE YOU ALL WATCHED THE MATCHES YESTERDAY ON HITV, ANY COMMENTS?THERE WERE SOME TECHNICAL HITCHES FROM THE SATELITE THAT WAS WHAT CAUSED THE DELAY IN LOADING THE CHANNELS. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
PLEASE LETS ALL BE PATIENT, HITV WONT LET YOU DOWN.
THANKS

Yesterday own una try but why una no show arsenal match, can't imagine dis f%$k up! wat of Hisoccer when una wan upload dat one, ABEG MAKE UNA WAKE UP AND TRY OOOOOOO.
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by lordimpaq(m): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2007
abeg is HITV workin in ikorodu,

its urgent abeg,
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Jackal(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ Lordi,

HITV doesn't cover Ikorodu.
Move over to the Island if u wanna enjoy HITV. tongue
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2007
nothing 2 enjoy 4 hitv, too much mouth no action, which kind match dem wan dey show wen dem no fit show arsenal v fulham, even chelsea v brig no wey, na man u pre-season match wey dem don show nearly 50 times dem dey show show now (imagine such crap). dstv abeg make una come 2 our rescue, dem wan f@@k up lik glo
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by olawa20(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2007
but what other channels does hitv has on offer

how many movie channels and what other interesting stuffs do they have to offer apart from sports?
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by emmasweet(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
its working in ikorodu, they transmit from ikorodu so it should work there for the cable package.
the information i got was that there was a problem that was why the matches for today was not showed.they said it was some technical hitches from U.K and all will normalise soon within the week.please o be patient. things will be better.THE SATELITE PACKAGE THEY SAID WILL BE RUNNING HOPEFULLY BY TOMMOROW.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

i ll update you on more info
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by suprted(m): 12:40am On Aug 13, 2007
bilge, dstv showed the chelsea match, you guys didn't have the rights to that. and you didn't show the arsenal match either, whatsupwidat
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 6:18am On Aug 13, 2007
This nu' arrangement is mad confusion. . . Word is, DsTV will aire UTD's game mid-wk 'n HiTV some of d others tuesday.
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by odada(m): 7:41am On Aug 13, 2007
I WAS FAR TOO DISAPPOINTED YESTERDAY?after viewing the chelski match on dstv they said they would come back in 15mins for the MAN UTD one!to my dismay after i checked back at 4pm NOTHING angry angry do we a timetable of sort to check whos gonna show what midweek and weekends?this arrangement is not only confusing but silly,what do i do with my dstv now?
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2007
odada:

I WAS FAR TOO DISAPPOINTED YESTERDAY?after viewing the chelski match on dstv they said they would come back in 15mins for the MAN UTD one!to my dismay after i checked back at 4pm NOTHING angry angry do we a timetable of sort to check whos going to show what midweek and weekends?this arrangement is not only confusing but silly,what do i do with my dstv now?

sorry man. . . they probably wasn't refering to naija viewers since we've cut 'em o'utta the loop.

my advice to DsTV suscribers; keep your DsTV, you just never know when it'd come in handy. . . besides SuperSports, there're other stations that could be showing some of these matches (while i was up north, i used to watch premiership matches on this portuguese station SportTV on the HispaSat network) and BTW, there lots of other football competitions you'll be able to see.
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by iob13: 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2007
men, hitv is not it. Can you imagine we could not watch the premiership this weekend properly. we now have to have all the antennas and decoders so that we can watch premiership. We views are not considered at all. Hitv do you have coverage in all the parts of nigeria? no. so why then deprive people who are already yes to such beautiful football. when you know you are not competent enough. you dont even have enough channels to cover 3 live matches at the same time. so i cannot even pick my preferred viewing just as dstv have been giving us. PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU HITV people dont ruin the premiership fun for us all, all in the name of indigenous moves. you have now made it more expensive to as we have to subscribe for both hitv and dstv and men thats not fair at alllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!! HITV i have you guyssssssssssssssssss
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by manu4laif: 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2007
Been using Hitv now for 3 months and I agree it is not yet uhuru. But it has taken DSTV all of 10 years to be where they are today so there's still some way to go.

If you really love the Prem (and can afford it)you may need 2 get Hitv cos they'd show about 75% of matches. I watched 5 matches on Hitv this weekend. Unbelievable.I think it's a good start and will only get better. For wider coverage they might to come to some agreement with others which DSTV never wanted to do .

WAN UNITED grin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2007
manu4laif:

Been using Hitv now for 3 months and I agree it is not yet uhuru. But it has taken DSTV all of 10 years to be where they are today so there's still some way to go.

If you really love the Prem (and can afford it)you may need 2 get Hitv because they'd show about 75% of matches. I watched 5 matches on Hitv this weekend. Unbelievable.I think it's a good start and will only get better. For wider coverage they might to come to some agreement with others which DSTV never wanted to do .

WAN UNITED grin

u probably won't be grinning ear to ear if u was one of the many that didn't have access to the matches this wkend c'uz of the stupid, inconsiderate actions of the guys that worked out all this nu' arrangements!

HiTV's only covered Lag and PHC; of which the guys in PHC do not need 'em c'uz they've already got CTL and a host of other Cable TV options. . . .

They (HiTV) should'a chilled a li'l, put their house in order b'4 starting to aire. . . everything's just so shoddy right now.
i was even thinking that for this first year, they'd have entered into some kinda' agreement with DsTV to take advantage of some of DsTY's facilities for a period of time and share proceeds, while they get their own infastructure up and running that way viewers wouldn't be so starved for options!

i'm not just feeling this whole charade. . . .
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by arshy(m): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2007
This is nonsense to me.We didnt have the opportunity to watch Arsenal, and Man U. match this weekend in Ibadan. Only God knows wether we will watch the mid-week matches, and even Liverpool-Chelsea this weekend.
What is this HITV thing sef, they just wan spoil show for us!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by kitaun(m): 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2007
HITV is messed up angry angry

If I dont get to watch Arsenal's matches, then what am I supposed to be watching?

Derby Vs Sunderland? shocked angry
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2007
its not like they won't show arsenal matches. . . its just that they've got this crazy schedule where they split the matches that DsTV can show/cannot show. like this midwk, i can only ManU/Pompey game on DsTV whilst others would be on HiTV. . . its all complex, utterly ridiculous and mighty crazy!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by debosky(m): 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2007
the bloody networks should publish a list of games they'll be showing at least 3 days before, that way,we'll know which games are showing on what network and then make the choice accordingly.
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by debosky(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2007
as if they heard me, hitv has a schedule on their site saying which games they'll be showing

http://www.hitv.com.ng/epl_fixtures.php
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2007
DsTV still shows most of 'em matches live to suscribers outside naija. . . .  so i guess it's HiTV's call to adequately inform us about their schedule here! last time i checked they put 'em in some sport papers. . . . dunno if that's a regular thingy!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by DisGuy: 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2007
they say you should be patient and since you are paying a low price you dont have the right to complain- well not this loudly

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-61371.0.html

when companies start selling their products based on sentiments/patriotism then you should know there's something wrong shocked
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2007
expect more price review from them, afterall they initially said 3k, dem come use wayo increase am to 4k, very soon e go reach 5k and upward, no be naija? Govt for make d competition very open and u go see if dem no go run down,
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by debosky(m): 3:31am On Aug 14, 2007
relax people, its the first weekend, some kinks would definitely show in the system, give them a couple of weeks and I'm sure they'll all be ironed out.

so DSTV's dominance has been broken! Hurray! cheesy
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by amodu(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2007
I am delighted by the way the break the monopoly of DSTV.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 22 3/3 Live Draws / Juventus Still Determined To Sign Pogba This Transfer Window / Flying Eagles Thrash Olympic Niamey 4-0 In Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.