Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,269 members, 7,928,887 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 02:17 AM

Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches (9841 Views)

For Soccer Fans: Transfer Market News / The Price For Live Transmission Of AFCON Was High - Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by wormedup(m): 11:19am On Aug 14, 2007
to bleeping hell with breaking monopoly ! angry
i always had it in the back of my mind that shyt like these was gonna happen angry
how could they be so stupid
they should have studied what they were gettins there butts into before hand.
now HiTV wants to make amends to the detriment of our viewing pleasure ? buncha schmucks !

i'm just so pissed of man ! angry angry

ruudie, are u on YIM ?
buzz me ASAP, wormedup.
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Mongue(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2007
In my opinion this is a big disaster! I was so gutted to find that I couldn't watch Liverpool start their championship wining season in style!!

And now I 'm being told that I have to buy some new TV, but one big uly pole on the side of my house that will reach way up above my roof, run more cable, pay more money and have even more remote controls in my living room!

But what can you do. In this Lagos it's becoming too risky to go out at night so I have to stay at home and watch football, excpet they've taken that away from me as well,

Anyone think that DSTV will reduce their price? N10,000 for that and another N4000 for (S)HITV is too much!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by manu4laif: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2007
Mongue:

In my opinion this is a big disaster! I was so gutted to find that I couldn't watch Liverpool start their championship wining season in style!!
And now I 'm being told that I have to buy some new TV, but one big uly pole on the side of my house that will reach way up above my roof, run more cable, pay more money and have even more remote controls in my living room!

But what can you do. In this Lagos it's becoming too risky to go out at night so I have to stay at home and watch football, excpet they've taken that away from me as well,

Anyone think that DSTV will reduce their price? N10,000 for that and another N4000 for (S)HITV is too much!

No problem bro. Don't be too hard on yourself cos Pool ain't winning yet.  grin grin

By the time Pool will be ready to win the EPL even NTA Channel 7 will be showing it.  grin 

Sorry mate  grin grin grin grin

WAN UNITED grin grin grin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2007
don't start rejoicing too much about breaking DsTV's monopoly c'uz what we've only succeded in doing is creating another one. . . . .

pretty soon HiTV will increase their fees. . . . and they've only just began!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Banderas(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2007
Waait guys - Are you saying supersport no longer shows premiership matches?
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2007
Banderas:

Waait guys - Are you saying supersport no longer shows premiership matches?

They still do. . . . but limited in naija; unlimited outside naija!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Banderas(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2007
Ruudie - sorry what do you mean limited? Can you please expantiate?
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2007
Banderas:

Ruudie - sorry what do you mean limited? Can you please expantiate?

they can only show a certain no. of live matches per week . . . .
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by A40(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2007
Ko ni da fun HITV angry.They should not try what they did on sunday again o! DSTV would show that match if it was 8:00 am in the morning if they keep up with this bullshit we would demand a refund
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by A40(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2007
I prefer DSTV their coverage is better despite their high fees they give quality broadcasts
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
A-40:

I prefer DSTV their coverage is better despite their high fees they give quality broadcasts

i agree. . . didn't / still don't have DsTV at home but i cold always go someplace else and watch and it'd still be worth my while!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Fimmy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2007
too bad i dont watch Arsenal match cos we dont have Hitv
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by A40(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2007
Its really annoying they just made all the mouth and now its looking like they wont deliver
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by amodu(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2007
I red it in anews paper that it wasn't their fault for not showing Arsenal Vs fullham on Sunday. Here is what they say:

Managing Director of HITV, Toyin Subair has apologised on behalf of his organisation to Nigerians, particularly teeming fans of London-based Arsenal, over his company's failure to bring to the living rooms of their ever-increasing subscribers the live broadcast of last Sunday's encounter between the Gunners and Fullham. the boss of the 100 percent Nigeria-owned outfit revealed that technical faults from the UK-based satelite providers prior to the commencement of the early afternoon fixture at Arsenal's Emirate stadium was the actual reason for the botched live transmission.

"First, we apologise for (the live broadcast) not happening", said Subair. "It had nothing to do with our own quality here. it had to do with a confusion between the satelite providers and those who were turning around the signals for us.

"But they were able to remedy it before we started the ManchesterUnited-Reading match.
We apologise for teeming Arsenal supporters because we are here in this business to give to them at the best price", he added.

We are not making any excuses by saying things 'forgive us, bear with us, that we are new company', no. We are doing everything to make sure we give them the best, stressed the Lagos-born business executive who called for greater understanding from Nigeria footballs fans while also expressing his organisation's desire to get better in the days and weeks ahead.
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by kitaun(m): 2:32am On Aug 15, 2007
Story, story . . .
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by DisGuy: 3:20am On Aug 15, 2007
Story. . . of course it's never their fault, in this town people don't own up to anything bloody money suckers!

yup they real shyte!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2007
got a l'il insight as to how prem matches are being relayed in naija. . . .

HiTV get to show 80% 'n others the remaining 20% any day there are matches. like yesterday, only 1 match so only HiTV get to show that 1 live.

today about 8, so HiTV get to show about 3/4 of that live. . . . DsTV 1/2 live according to the ratio above!

good news for UTD who don't have HiTV, DsTV will aire UTD's game tonite and if u don't have DsTV. . . . sit tight, some of our local stations might just aire the match. . . . check out MBI, not to sure about all others!
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2007
4 Chelskiites 'n gooners, ur matches will be aired live on HiTV tonite. . . . .
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Razorr(f): 9:00am On Aug 15, 2007
Ruudie, oya give me your house address. Na your house I dey come watch the match. grin cheesy
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 9:15am On Aug 15, 2007
Razorr:

Ruudie, oya give me your house address. Na your house I dey come watch the match. grin cheesy

shey u knw where apongbon bridge dey jus go inside d yonder and ask d ruffest looking agbero wey u see there abt me grin grin grin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Razorr(f): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2007
So that's where you live! shocked shocked

No wonder! I always wondered where you got your agbero traits from. grin cheesy grin tongue

Oya give me your address now. . . Haba! Come on. . . Don't be shy. grin Not everyone can afford to buy HITV. cry grin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2007
Razorr:

So that's where you live! shocked shocked

No wonder! I always wondered where you got your agbero traits from. grin cheesy grin tongue

Oya give me your address now. . . Haba! Come on. . . Don't be shy. grin Not everyone can afford to buy HITV. cry grin

no be me Mr. Banky go kill tonite c'uz of football grin grin
no worry, i go text u scores just mail ur house-girl or mai-guard number grin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Razorr(f): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2007
angry angry angry

That does it. Now I'm mad at you. Infact I'm so mad at you that I'll have to confess that I found that picture you sent me, the one of your d'ick, very disgusting. Who on earth deceived you into thinking that girls find 3 inch d'icks attractive? grin cheesy Also the bumps and scars on it would injure any woman unfortunate enough to take it into her. grin No wonder you said women run away from you. cry grin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 9:58am On Aug 15, 2007
Razorr:

angry angry angry

That does it. Now I'm mad at you. Infact I'm so mad at you that I'll have to confess that I found that picture you sent me, the one of your d'ick, very disgusting. Who on earth deceived you into thinking that girls find 3 inch d'icks attractive? grin cheesy Also the bumps and scars on it would injure any woman unfortunate enough to take it into her. grin No wonder you said women run away from you. cry grin

Time to get the paramedics. . . . where Dr. Dre at. . . . her brain don dey touch again grin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by amodu(m): 10:19am On Aug 15, 2007
Will Chelsea, Arsenal and Manyoo match going to be shown the same time?
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2007
ManU --- 7:45. . . . Chelski 8:00
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by Razorr(f): 10:40am On Aug 15, 2007
RuuDie:

ManU --- 7:45. . . . Chelski 8:00

Haa. . . I almost forgot. Simultaneous matches. So you’d wanna watch manscum while I’ld wanna watch Chelsea then we’d start fighting over the remote control, abi? Forget it. I’ll go watch the match in Wormy’s house grin grin tongue
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2007
Razorr:

Haa. . . I almost forgot. Simultaneous matches. So you’d want to watch manscum while I’ld want to watch Chelsea then we’d start fighting over the remote control, abi? Forget it. I’ll go watch the match in Wormy’s house grin grin tongue

Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by amodu(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2007
Thanks for the info
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by A40(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2007
@Amodu
Abeg if you sabi anybody fo HITV tell them make them no try am again o! i know how much me and my guy lose that day
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by ayusman16(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2007
can anybody confirm if ur LBC is working, cos called ther customer care and they said it should be workin
Re: Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches by RuuDie(m): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2007
ayusman16:

can anybody confirm if your LBC is working, because called ther customer care and they said it should be workin

can't do that 4 ya c'uz i'm not at home yet. . . . but why on earth are u interested in LBC last time they came on, they was airing some arabic stuff. . . . i think its Lebanese Broadcasting Corp or something!

i'm eagerly awaiting ART movies. . . . Hi Mix is thrash!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 22 3/3 Live Draws / Juventus Still Determined To Sign Pogba This Transfer Window / Flying Eagles Thrash Olympic Niamey 4-0 In Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.