Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,738 members, 7,895,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

I Am In A Dilemma - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am In A Dilemma (1367 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / What Am I ?? In A Dilemma! / I Am Presently In A Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In A Dilemma by Godwin7(m): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2011
Fellow NLders i am in a little dilemma here. i am having a great challenge about an issue that just came up now.You see i have these mum( not my biological mum )but in my younger days i was so close to her ,infact i will leave my campus to go and eat native soup specially prepared for me by her . Now as things are i started to distance myself from her and our relationship started to wane.I had some challenges in my working life and even marriage to which various men of God have always mentioned her name.Based on these i started to really keep my distance i hadly visit her .And i was warned that on no account should i attend her burial if and when she dies. The dilemma is this .-i just got news today that she passed away yest er night.Nlders what do you suggest i do .i want honest and dedicated advise please not abuse.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Godwin7(m): 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
I am still waiting for response but i want to add that the woman in question is my mum's senior sis and right now my mum is late but i am the only one around that should represent my family at the burial since no one is around to do so on my behalf.so right now i am in a dilemma as to what excuse i will give as to why i will not be able to attend the burial . Like i said earlier i have been warned that will be serious consequencies if i should attend .So you can now see why i need your assistance with regards to suggestions on how i will go about it. Thanks.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by zayhal(f): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
You're bothering yourself over superstitions. Who are those who told you to stay away from her and not attend her burial? What are their proofs/evidences for saying this? What have you done to verify or clarify their claims?

Some people just like to add complications to an already complicated world.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Ferya(f): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
@ poster
The problem I have with most of the so called men of God is that they will tell you, your sister, Aunt,  did that & that to you. So, fear is not good and once you are afraid if anything happens you will say they have come oh!.
If I may ask why did they say you should avoid your Aunt? What is her offence to you? I think you should pray against the spirit of fear. As a Christan your destiny lies in Gods hands and nobody can remove it not even a dead lady, the evil one can only delay it but it will surly come to pass.  

I can only tell you to be careful with the prophets you visit for prayers they may end up destroying your family and your life. Pray to God for direction. I will suggest you go for her burial since according to your tradition you must represent your family. This is the only respect you can give to your Aunt but you need to work on your mind before going to the burial.
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by femmy2010(m): 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
God never leaves his own.
Believe in God and do what is expected of you.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by feminineA: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
i believe wisdom is profitable to direct. you ve been told by men of god not to attend then dont attend. look for any excuse you can not to go. be careful not to listen to wrong advise. to obey is better than sacrifice
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Tatian(f): 12:31am On Jun 24, 2011
To before warned is to before armed. Do not go to the burial.that woman has got a strong hold on. The only way to break loose from wat ever she has binded u with is to be prayerful on this day.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Ivynwa(f): 3:28am On Jun 24, 2011
@Poster
It's a pity you fell victim to those that bring in confusion into the lives of others in the name of religion, such persons are the causes of rancour and bitter feelings in many families that they have succeeded in tearing apart with fake divinations. It beats me how you guys extol your fellow human beings as Demi God and give them power over your lives. God has given you the spirit of discernment with which to think and discern things for yourself. I beg to differ from all that religious madness. Nobody divines for me, only God knows my future and the things that surround me and my family and I refuse to all of a sudden enthrone my fellow being to begin to sit on the affairs of my life.

You have been torn apart from a woman that was only showing you love and being there for you. It doesn't matter to her whether you attend her funeral or not because she is no more now, what would have mattered to her when she was alive was how much you reciprocated the love she gave you. Never you allow people to manipulate your life again to the extent that you keep hold of the love you would have blessed somebody's life with.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Godwin7(m): 12:27am On Jun 25, 2011
I want to thank all of you that have made various useful contributions on these matter.Perhaps if i should make further enlightenment you people will understand my view point. This late aunt of mine was my late mums friend and confidant as they both suffered the early loss of their folks when they were very young.However my mum moved over to the city and eventually struggled and got married but she asssited her sis to ensure that her marrage was fruitful.she had three children. Now on our side we are just two and are fortunate to be degree holders.Now the kids of this sis were not fortunate to have university Education but with mums assistance they where able to get into various chosen vocations. Now my ist employment as a fresh grad was to a multi national company that even gave me an official car as part of the bargain.At about this time i was always visiting my sis at villa but i did not notice and animosity.But all of a sudden something very tragic happened just the week my immediate brother migrated to the states.it was by Gods special grace that i managed to escape but every moment i went for prayers her name always come up as being responsible.Infact i was told another tragedy was in coming up again. It was by the grace of Almighty God that a very powerful man of God was able to cast out another intended accident just the very day i was relieved from my job with the multi national company i was working for.Infact i was told that something very tragic will happen in the family that will further convince me of her involvement.A few days later her grand son died a sudden death while spending holidays with her. This incident made her daughter in law to be at logger heads with her and she started calling her a witch. With this little scenario that i have painted do you still think it is worth taking the risk to attend the burial ceremony after i have been warned over 2 years to this time.i want suggestions about what strong excuse i can give not to attend. Please.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by ifyalways(f): 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2011
Reading(or hearing) such tales leaves me speechless.You could see and call your own aunt a witch?Those men of dog that called her a witch were not able to deliver her from the so-called witchcraft?

So now,u probably avoided her in her last years cos of what some miserable men told you?Only you can liberate urself from the religious bondage u have thrown urself in.

Besides,why go to her funeral and shed some crocodiles tears?You have been praying(directly or indirectly) for her death and voila,its done,should'nt u be in celebration mood?thanksgiving and testimony,your god has silenced your enemy?

Talking abt family misfortunes and all,did it start today?have u sat down to analyze the situation well,no man-made errors that could have been avoided?fate and God's will nko?Even,in ur bible,misfortunes,unplanned,shocking deaths did happen so what gives?

Do you people test the spirits at all,the ministry should be reconcilation and unity,right?why all the negativity,lies and hate?I weep for you,my friend!
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2011
Dont call them men of dogs Ify. You and I(stand to be corrected) know that cases like these are not rare in Nigeria. undecided Infact I have seen worse.

In as much as I'd support him to go for the burial , none of us know what this family have been through. Cases of supposed loved ones wishing one evil is not a rare case in NIGERIA,and like the Igbos will say ''O bu onye ma nmadu ne gbu'ye'
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Wislet(f): 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2011
@Godwin, If u have been warned not to,. . .then don't. I don't know wat other advice u're looking for. Wisdom is key. Don't act foolishly. Some people claim such ignorance it's amazing. Only you know ur own family and all u've passed through. So be wise. Might be good to listen to wise counsel from real men of God, and not ignorant words from some people on here.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2011
@Jenny,that men of "dog" is an expensive typo.I meant god.

Evil and bad things happen,no disputing but do we really believe a mere mortal can ahrm another without Gods "knowledge and permission"?what does the bible say?why wud we attribute bad to other people but not good?

Anyway,that's my opinion.I see no reason he should attend the funeral of a "witch aunt".hypocrisy much?
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Ferya(f): 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
In as much as I'd support him to go for the burial , none of us know what this family have been through. Cases of supposed loved ones wishing one evil is not a rare case in NIGERIA,and like the Igbos will say ''O bu onye ma nmadu ne gbu'ye'

@ jennykadry, well said.

@ Poster,
Now, you have given us more details. According to you, ' the woman was your late mums friend' which means she is not your Aunt. I think you owe them nothing so you need not lie to avoid the burial, so stay off and then if necessary go after the burial.

I still want to emphasize that, you should try to stop paying visits to your so called[b] men of God[/b]. It will not help you develop in your career, you sound like a hardworking man please, continue applying for jobs you will get a better one. But, if you continue visiting these prophets you will gradually notice that you have entrusted your life in their hands. Trust in God and he will bless you.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by Godwin7(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
@ifyalways you are certainly wrong in saying i called my aunt a witch go back and read what i reported-i said the daughter inlaw was the one that called her a witch. I f you care to know when this problem that followed the death of my aunt's son in law happened i was still the one who mediated between the two of them.So my dear take the pains to read thoroughly before making any contribution.Thank you all.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma by damipaul(m): 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2011
The Bible makes it clear that we wrestle not against flesh and blood. 2 Corin 10:3-5 tells us exactly where the enemies attack it says ;for though we walk in the flesh we do not walk after the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds, "CASTING DOWN IMAGINATIONS' and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity 'EVERY THOUGHT' to the obedience of christ.
I'll encourage you to read your Bible more, not just for reading sake but for revelation sake, always pray for the spirit of God to interpret every word to you. i can boldly tell you it works, like magic! don't listen to witchcraft stories, read more of motivational books. in conclusion, emphasize on things that will build your mind positively towards God. for the advice you're seeking, don't go!

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Ashamed To Move On And Anyone In My Place Should Not Be! By Eunice B. / Pls Help / HELP! Save Me From My Family Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.