Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,893 members, 7,883,124 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria (32531 Views)

Rules For Unmarried Couples Staying In Dubai Hotels / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeri / Do You Ever Think Of Moving Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2011
ada24:

tom28 - are for real.

is it that you are blind to what the majority of nigerians in nigeria experience on a daily basis.

honestly the way people view life is strange. and if your using peckham to view the UK - u are only exposing urself in a very bad way. London is one city in the UK and your using a run down area of london to compare uk and nigeria.

abeg please read up on some vital statistics and then compare, things like infant mortality, how many women die in childbirth, life expectancy to name a few.

I have lived in the UK for close to 3 decades and have never been a victim of crime - however I lived in nigeria last year for a few months - trust me the same ca not be said.
So the few months u lived in nigeria you were a victim of crime abi?
Yes crime happens in nigeria but it also happens in the UK as well?
Before coming to the US i used to think that crime was that high in the USA but from what i have seen there even more worse crimes in the UK than the US and like i have said b4 there"s nothing special about the uk.Either way you must be Yoruba because i know its mostly yorubas who have a jungle fever for the uk.London is over bloated with the yoruba ppl.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

grin how does your oyibo gf react to you eating beans.If u start to dey fart all over the house na you know o grin

HAHHAHa I really now sabi say I no suppose to dey discuss with you  grin you see your problem? the English call it 'hasty generalisation'. How you quickly conclude say I dey live with oyibo? simple because I wan go look beans  grin Na wah for you o, for your information I'm married to an Mbaise woman with 2 lovely kids (i see some chicks face done change) and secondly, I have just been wasting my time chatting with you about these whole thing because I realise you probably haven't travelled out of Naija before so how can you argue your case better than someone who has lived in both Naija and UK? Infact i sure say the only oversea wey you don go na Cotonou go smuggle your used car enter Lagos  grin cheesy
Ok i am srry for my hasty generalisation but make you no blame me o! cheesy.The last time i was in London all i saw were Yoruba guys running after white girls and there were some of them just showing off to impress these oyibo girls.Anyway i have travelled to some few countries and i am not like you who just restrict himself to the UK grin.I have been to Benin republic,Egypt(during the 2006 world cup) the Ukraine,United Arab Emirates,and now the USA.I know thats not much but then anytime i am in a strange country i always sit down and observe the ppl and see the way they do things.My short stay with my uncle in the UK has shown me that the UK is a glorified entity.If not for the constant power supply i would have sworn that the UK is a nothing more than a replica of Nigeria.Abeg there are more better countries than the UK and for that old queen eating all my hard earned money is something i am not going to stand for.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by ada24: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
i would have thought my username would give it away as to what part of Nigeria i am from, anyway talking to u tom is like talking to a brick wall.

oh my goodness - u want to go down the crime route - abeg please lets start with what is the number u use to call the police if there is an emergency.

leave it - the poster asked a question and u know what each to their own - where a person wants to live and bring up their kids is a personal choice - but for u to start comparing the kidnap capital if Africa with a developed country is really stretching it

tom28 - STOP USING PECKHAM TO COMPARE A COUNTRY - I doubt every single city or village in nigeria is the same as lekki - stop exposing ur level of reasoning
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
ada24:

i would have thought my username would give it away as to what part of Nigeria i am from, anyway talking to u tom is like talking to a brick wall.

oh my goodness - u want to go down the crime route - abeg please lets start with what is the number u use to call the police if there is an emergency.

leave it - the poster asked a question and u know what each to their own - where a person wants to live and bring up their kids is a personal choice - but for u to start comparing the kidnap capital if Africa with a developed country is really stretching it

tom28 - STOP USING PECKHAM TO COMPARE A COUNTRY - I doubt every single city or village in nigeria is the same as lekki - stop exposing your level of reasoning
Of course i know you are Igbo but like i said before there"s nothing special about the UK.How come a nigerian kid got stabbed to death for a common black berry in london and you are in here saying the Uk is this and that.Yes kidnapping is now become a trend in nigeria but the bulk of it come from the eastern part of the country and if u want to compare the rate of kidnappings in nigeria and in other parts of the world u would see that what happens in nigeria is not even even as half as what happens in other countries.Take for example the rate of killings and kidnappings that happens in mexico alone or the rate of kidnappings that happens in Argentina and tell me that nigeria has a higher rate of kidnapping when you compare.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

Ok i am srry for my hasty generalisation but make you no blame me o! cheesy.The last time i was in London all i saw were Yoruba guys running after white girls and there were some of them just showing off to impress these oyibo girls.Anyway i have travelled to some few countries and i am not like you who just restrict himself to the UK grin.I have been to Benin republic,Egypt(during the 2006 world cup) the Ukraine,United Arab Emirates,and now the USA.I know thats not much but then anytime i am in a strange country i always sit down and observe the ppl and see the way they do things.My short stay with my uncle in the UK has shown me that the UK is a glorified entity.If not for the constant power supply i would have sworn that the UK is a nothing more than a replica of Nigeria.Abeg there are more better countries than the UK and for that old queen eating all my hard earned money is something i am not going to stand for.
Tom28 go back and read my previous posts on this thread, I work for an oil company, if I include all the rig and offshore location I have gone to during my days as a service Engineer then the list will be unlimited and moreover if i include holiday trips as well then forget it comparing you and I will be like comparing Army and Boy scout with you as the boys scout  cheesy grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2011
Ada when i mentioned Peckham i was trying to say that london is not all that of a paradise.There are lots of poor nigerians in the UK with nothing struggling on a daily basis and there"s nothing for them to show for their long stay in the Uk so what can you say about that?.If the UK is a comfortable place i repeat why is the OP complaining about life in the UK?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Tom28 go back and read my previous posts on this thread, I work for an oil company, if I include all the rig and offshore location I have gone to during my days as a service Engineer then the list will be unlimited and moreover if i include holiday trips as well then forget it comparing you and I will be like comparing Army and Boy scout with you as the boys scout  cheesy grin
Ok i don hear u mister oil man grin grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by ada24: 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

Ada when i mentioned Peckham i was trying to say that london is not all that of a paradise.There are lots of poor nigerians in the UK with nothing struggling on a daily basis and there"s nothing for them to show for their long stay in the Uk so what can you say about that?.If the UK is a comfortable place i repeat why is the OP complaining about life in the UK?

there are lots of poor people in the uk - full stop, not just nigerians - are u getting some sort of joy from knowing ur countrymen and women abroad are not "flossing" like u back home or something.

but a poor man in the uk is still better off than a poor man in naija - at least he/she will be treated in hospital for free and not told to drop deposit b4 treatment. i could go on but i will stop.

like i said each to their own
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2011
ada24:

there are lots of poor people in the uk - full stop, not just nigerians - are u getting some sort of joy from knowing your countrymen and women abroad are not "flossing" like u back home or something.

but a poor man in the uk is still better off than a poor man in naija - at least he/she will be treated in hospital for free and not told to drop deposit b4 treatment. i could go on but i will stop.

like i said each to their own
Yes to each his own.I dont like the Uk and the English they are just too damm arrogant.When they see a black person they put up their long noses in the air and act as if they are God or something.And what i have noticed is that their women put on a lot of airs even though they are one of the ugliest looking women in Europe.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

Yes to each his own.I dont like the Uk and the English they are just too damm arrogant.When they see a black person they put up their long noses in the air and act as if they are God or something.And what i have noticed is that their women put on a lot of airs even though they are one of the ugliest looking women in Europe.

Low self esteem is ur problem
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by EuroMeko(m): 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2011
justwise:

[/b]

Low self esteem is your problem

I agree and over generalization also.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2011
justwise:

[/b]

Low self esteem is your problem
Its not low self esteem.Its commenting on what you see grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

Its not low self esteem.Its commenting on what you see grin

yea, u see what u want to see, and when a white person looks at u its cos you are black
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2011
justwise:

yea, u see what u want to see, and when a white person looks at u its cos you are black
Well it doesnt really matter what a white person thinks about a black person.I just made that as a comment and if you feel offended with that statement you can hit your head on the wall for all i care grin grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

Well it doesnt really matter what a white person thinks about a black person.I just made that as a comment and if you feel offended with that statement you can hit your head on the wall for all i care grin grin

Grow up
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2011
justwise:

Grow up
Is that all you have to say ? grin grin
Anoufia cheesy
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2011
Una don change the topic, Sound like Tom28 is racist!! You have beef for white people grin grin Well I share your frustration because it's not their fault, if God has blessed us with human being as rulers we will be seeing queue in our embassies of white people dying to come to Nigeria and enjoy sunshine but wu sai! We are blessed with all the natural resources and Natural disaster as leaders whose job is to tsunami the whole of Africa grin grin Well e go better, A rich man in UK is enjoying more than a rich man in Naija and also a poor man in the UK is also enjoying more than a poor man in Naija so Tom 28 where do you stand? Rich or Poor? grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by DisGuy: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2011
On a serious not anyone earning that much that doesnt have a business or a specifically a house bringing in cash for him in Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter- e get k leg

Even illegal immigrants are able to build houses for themselves just before the boys in blue get to them!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Lovelove1: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2011
Before going home to Nigeria, ensure you get a good job. What field are you in? You could get one that would provide you with lots of benefits such as a home, car and driver depending on your level of experience and how you promote yourself. In Nigeria, food and health care is cheaper except for electricity.

Your family will just have to adjust,its their home. Besides your kids are still young.

In the long run, Nigeria is a better option with loads of investment opportunities.

And if you feel the tax is eating up your income, something dont feel right dont you think.

Living in London, is indeed an expensive deal.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
@OP
could you explain the relationship or the connection between beliefs and MOT plz?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
@
Dis Guy:

On a serious not anyone earning that much that doesnt have a business or a specifically a house bringing in cash for him in Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter- e get k leg

Even illegal immigrants are able to build houses for themselves just before the boys in blue get to them!
tell tehm Bro, Everybody with his/her own orientation some make it some dont, its like the Gold Rush, I know guys who have been in the UK &Us for more than 20yrs wiv no plot of land in 9ja,might be thier fault might not B.The group of people you get to stay with when you first arrived abroad plays a vital part in your orientation,whatever they do you do.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2011
@tom28
you think UK peeps are arrogant, lol try Australia.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by EuroMeko(m): 10:42pm On Jun 25, 2011
erico2k2:

@tell tehm Bro, Everybody with his/her own orientation some make it some dont, its like the Gold Rush, I[b] know guys who have been in the UK &Us for more than 20yrs wiv no plot of land in 9ja,might be thier fault might not B[/b].The group of people you get to stay with when you first arrived abroad plays a vital part in your orientation,whatever they do you do.

Is that what you Guys use as a benchmark? The amount of land you have in Nigeria?

It's called priority. I have been in the US since 1986 and don't have a plot of land in Nigeria and I don't need one.

Just saying.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2011
The thing is most of the Naija poster here are now in bed sleeping simple because internet at home is luxury in Naija grin and internet cafe has closed for the day. So posters now are the reasonable one that live abroad or the few ones in Naija that can afford the slow internet in their houses grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

The thing is most of the Naija poster here are now in bed sleeping simple because internet at home is luxury in Naija grin and internet cafe has closed for the day. So posters now are the reasonable one that live abroad or the few ones in Naija that can afford the slow internet in their houses grin
lol
E B like say E don tay smal U enter 9ja last, boys get free browser for thier phone lol its called opera mini lol
EuroMeko:

Is that what you Guys use as a benchmark? The amount of land you have in Nigeria?

It's called priority. I have been in the US since 1986 and don't have a plot of land in Nigeria and I don't need one.

Just saying.
GUy you fall your HAND, so when you get Old and retired,waht are you going to do, live in Old people's home?wake up, visit 9ja often and see what people do this days,I came to teh UK 2000, No B mouth,I know what I have done on ground,4 ur info Real Estate is a thriving Biz in 9ja less risk seriously now No joke
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by EuroMeko(m): 11:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
erico2k2:

lol
E B like say E don tay smal U enter 9ja last, boys get free browser for thier phone lol its called opera mini lolGUy you fall your HAND, so when you get Old and retired,waht are you going to do, live in Old people's home?wake up, visit 9ja often and see what people do this days,I came to teh UK 2000, No B mouth,I know what I have done on ground,4 your info Real Estate is a thriving Biz in 9ja less risk seriously now No joke

Congratulations to you, it seems you are following your personal growth plan. I have no qualms with you.

However I called you out on your generalization of judging success of those of us that have lived in Oyinbo land for a while without buying land as failures.

Just because we don't all have the same desires doesn't make us failures.

Congrats on achieving your goals. I achieved mine too it just doesn't include buying plots of land in Nigeria.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
@EuroMeko
I was trying to beef you,Im just amongst teh new generation of Finacial migrants who have an exit plan as plan B, now unless you plan not to relocate to 9ja at some point in life then what you said I might say is good o n you but if you do how do you explain the Not owning or buying a landed property there work out, you gonna live in teh Air? or Hotel?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by EuroMeko(m): 11:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
erico2k2:

@EuroMeko
I was trying to beef you,Im just amongst teh new generation of Finacial migrants who have an exit plan as plan B, now unless you plan not to relocate to 9ja at some point in life then what you said I might say is good o n you but if you do how do you explain the Not owning or buying a landed property there work out, you gonna live in teh Air? or Hotel?

I think we agree more than we disagree.

Listen, I am an American now and Nigeria is nothing but a vacation destination for me. Many of the folks I associate with are on the same wavelength.

We don't think "the new generation of financial immigrants" are failures for buying plots of land in a basically lawless country. It's what it is.

As far as if in the eventuality that I chose to retire back home, there's such thing as resale homes, yes?

I have built 3 houses here in the US over time and even with the progressiveness of the construction companies here, I swear each time to never do it again. Too much stress for me.

So if I should decide to come home then I will buy a house that is already built or I can just refurbish one of my Fathers houses.

Again, not saying your way is wrong or my way is right but don't judge us that don't buy plots of lands as failures, that is all.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2011
EuroMeko
I get waht you mean, but u did not understand my innitial  post  lol ofcos if one buys a land def wanna build a house on it to live(I gues I should have said House) instead of land.Now diviating from our lil argument, I do see some sence in waht teh OP was trying to say  but went round it the wrong way,I do aspire to go back to 9ja at some point(Exit Plan) grin cos the western worl is getting saturated for real.If you check well the for fathers of the UK/US we hear of today wen abroad to achieve the driving force to build thier society of which is thriving today, so I guess we are doing same in our little way.i would like to say that me and some of my mates here in teh Uk,thos amongst my age group are here looking for innitial capital cos thats never available in Nigeria unless you want to accept bribes  and steal public monies.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:11am On Jun 26, 2011
erico2k2:

lol
E B like say E don tay smal U enter 9ja last, boys get free browser for thier phone lol its called opera mini lolGUy you fall your HAND, so when you get Old and retired,waht are you going to do, live in Old people's home?wake up, visit 9ja often and see what people do this days,I came to teh UK 2000, No B mouth,I know what I have done on ground,4 your info Real Estate is a thriving Biz in 9ja less risk seriously now No joke
Omo leave that your free Browser you hear me? free browser for phone this 21 century and you dey talk about am like say na big success! Na phone you dey use browse now? them dey talk about living in mansion Erico dey mention face me I face you grin Omo I dey go Naija whenever last time I was in Naija it took me over 20 mins to read one mail in my gmail account and you call that internet?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by EuroMeko(m): 12:16am On Jun 26, 2011
I like the way you Guys think, but ultimately we have to be the change we seek.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 26, 2011
quote author=Yoru_Igbo link=topic=697371.msg8591092#msg8591092 date=1309039871]
The thing is most of the Naija poster here are now in bed sleeping simple because internet at home is luxury in Naija  grin and internet cafe has closed for the day. So posters now are the reasonable one that live abroad or the few ones in Naija that can afford the slow internet in their houses  grin
[quote][/quote]
You see these are one of the problems i have with many of you nigerians in the uk.You are all puffed up with pride and think you are better than the nigerians living in naija.Listen i reside in the US but the last time i was in nigeria having internet at home is no longer a luxury.With 2500 naira you can connect with MTN at home on your computer system for a month and with Etisalat it is for less.More nigerians are having internet connection at home and its not only the sole right 4 the super rich nigerians.I know many nigerian university undergraduates who use internet connection in their hostels and some universities in nigeria provide free connectionn for students and staffs residing in their campuses.You igbos and yorubas living in the uk have a big chip on your shoulders even though you all live as second class citizens grin
There are nigerians actually making it in nigeria so whats up with your arrogance? I know many igbos who live very worse off in the uk and when they come home they have nothing to show on their sojourn in the uk grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Kenyan Lady: “Every Nigerian Is Frustrated And Likes To Shout” / Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.