Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab (14155 Views)

Adamu Adamu Flown To Germany Over Undisclosed Medical Condition - SR / Adamu Adamu To Replace Abba Kyari As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Sahara Reporters / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 07, 2022
Tareq1105:

Don't mind them.

Whether Muslims like it or not, their Holy Quran made some confirmation which they don't like to talk about

1. The conception and birth of Jesus Christ was strange.

2. Jesus Christ is the Spirit of God.

3. Among all the prophets in the Quran, it's only Jesus Christ that was described and regarded as Almasiu, the Saviour.

4. Jesus Christ said he would come back but Mohammed said he doesn't know where he was going, not to talk of coming back.

Let me just pause here.

Good morning everyone.

So you bear it in mind that Moslems are terrorists?

Anyway the topic is about Hijab.

But if you move an inch,we can use hour lazy-hour to destroy to eduacte you.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Crafteck1: 8:44am On Feb 07, 2022
inoki247:
lol Constitution forget to add diz one below also...

No jokes, youve made the smartest point.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by luizpippo(m): 8:47am On Feb 07, 2022
YoungLionken:
Objectively, I think the Islamic laws about women should be effected in Nigeria..

The moral decadence these days is something else..

It is almost impossible to go on Instagram for minutes without seeing things that would corrupt your decent mindset ..

It is hard not to agree that the Whites have risen above us in many areas(economy, security, education, welfare,etc), the only thing we have over them is our culture...

You want Nigerian women to be forced into wearing hijab because you think they have corrupted social media.

Hoping it would grow our economy, education, welfare, fight insecurities or what ?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by luizpippo(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2022
helinues:

When would Nigeria Muslims have their own private university?

Al-Hikmah and Crescent Universities are what?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by countryman13: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Religion come to stay for a long time, but not for ever.

Maybe God has a plan B.

But now that religion is in its shining hour,anything to drive it out would result in unnecessary chaos.
Truth be told ,false teaching by leaders n inexperience on d part of d followers are some of the factors responsible for all these problems. D teachings should b more of humanity than religious.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2022
Dorad:
I really have no issue with my fellow colleagues wearing hijab at school... I believe its their religion and it's identity.

But my problem is with students wearing Niqab and Burka. How can that be allowed. To me it posses a great security and identity threat.
Let them wear their niqab in their Muslim owned schools, not anywhere close to Christian schools.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by TenQ: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailytrust.com/nigerias-constitution-allows-muslim-women-to-wear-hijab-fg
The constitution clearly does NOT forbid Muslim women from putting on their hijab as long as it doesn't violate institutional rules.
BUT
The constitution does NOT allow hijab as it isn't mentioned anywhere in it.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 07, 2022
countryman13:

Truth be told ,false teaching by leaders n inexperience on d part of d followers are some of the factors responsible for all these problems. D teachings should b more of humanity than religious.

Power will always twist anything twistable into its favour.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 07, 2022
I think it’s best for missionary or other Christian schools to not admit Muslim girls into their schools if they still insist on wearing their hijabs and Niqabs.

Let them attend Muslim owned schools or government schools.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2022
SanctifiedSista:
I don't see why this is causing an issue
Allow the Muslim girl wear her head covering
Whether public or private school
If it's a Muslim or Christian school with rules on no hijab, then leave their school..simple
All states school must abide and leave unnecessary controversy alone

Will they allow you say the Lord's prayer in a school dominated by Muslims or bring in the bible? Would they allow crk to be taught as well? They always want to bring or claim rights in a Christain or mission school, can same be apply to them....now they are quoting the constitution but how come the hisbah police is destroying beers and alcoholic drinks in the North, even in Sabon gari AREAS AND NOBOBY is quoting the constitution.

This nation don reach to disintegrate oooo

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Yves4real(f): 9:03am On Feb 07, 2022
The government is the one that is escalating the hijab issue. For peace to reign, let the government return the missionary schools to the mission and stop all fundings. The Church should fund its institutions and decide who to admit with strict adherence to their rules. Also, the Islamic schools shouldn't admit Christian students if they wouldn't adhere to their rules.
The nagging question is, if the government is ready to return these schools to the mission?
My answer is a NO.
Why?
The Islamic government is afraid that the muslim teachers that they have filled the missionary schools with may be out of jobs if the mission take over their schools.
My advice to the Baptist school is not to bend the rules for anything even if it takes forever before the school reopens. Everyone should limit their religious madness to their place of worship and houses.

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Simran94:

Let them wear their niqab in their Muslim owned schools, not anywhere close to Christian schools.
Even for Moslem owned school I still object to the covering of the face.... Except of course if it's private.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by luizpippo(m): 9:08am On Feb 07, 2022
Imagine attempting to wear hijab to a school name Saint Mary/John's Anglican/Catholic grammar school.
It is not sensible na.

Or attempting to go without hijab to Ansar-u-Deen Grammar school. (Note, it is made compulsory that females cover their heads in all this muslim schools).
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:

Nigeria did not gain her independence from the Qur'an.
Nigerian was not formed into a Federal Republic of Religious Bigotry.

See the Epitome of Islam (UAE), see how advanced they are, but why are ours different? Small-mindedness of all religious bodies in Nigeria is our problem - and it's sad that you all think you must force your beliefs on the principles of others
QUR'AN and hijab predated the entity called Nigeria. Therefore, there is no Nigeria that will abolish QUR'AN and hijab.
Any county that handles QUR'AN's directive is not, and can never bear the title of Epitome of Islam.
Islam did not ask non muslim to wear hijab.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by mamaafrik(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2022
All Muslims who supports thid hiojab wearing are nothing but HYPOCRITIC mumu.
Same religion of peace that will ask a non muslim to swear commenting on an Islamic thread,you now want to change the rules.
The school should Stop admitting Muslim students and staffs.
Christian needs ti start doing the same in Muslim school.
Christian barristers should come together and sue seun for the unfair treatment of christains on Nairaland as the swearing defies freedom of association according to Nigerian Constitution.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Awoleesu(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2022
YoungLionken:
Objectively, I think the Islamic laws about women should be effected in Nigeria..

The moral decadence these days is something else..

It is almost impossible to go on Instagram for minutes without seeing things that would corrupt your decent mindset ..

It is hard not to agree that the Whites have risen above us in many areas(economy, security, education, welfare,etc), the only thing we have over them is our culture...

1. Moral decadence is not fixed by enforcing a dress code because what corrupts humans come from within not the outside. That explains why even in the hijab Muslim females fornicate, steal and carry out many evils and immoralities. There's need to work on the mind, the spirit and livelihood of individuals if moral corruption must be addressed.

2. Does the niqab represent any Nigerian culture? Is that dressing original to Nigeria? Of course, our culture is rich and we should be proud of it, but we must admit that excessive Xenocentrism has deteriorated our culture! For example, Yoruba culture dictates that a male junior prostrates to greet an elder but today Yoruba Muslims argue against this aspect of their ancestral culture and say it is "un-islamic" to do so! Thank God for the Catholics that celebrate cultural Mass, but how many Christians identify with their ancestral cultures today? Some cannot even communicate in their mother tongue!

So, you see my friend, Africans have a deep rooted identity crisis but we often live in denial.

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by SLOVFO(m): 9:14am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Why do mission schools admitting Moslems?

Why Christians not complaining about Islamic Schools?

Do Christians not attend Islamic schools? Why?

I see no reason why a Christian should attend an Islamic school when therebare better choices out there. Also common sense should let one know that Islamic schools are school with bias for Islamic studies and culture. So you should be ready to take whatever comes your way... same goes for a Christian school. We all know that Christians generally are less likely to cause problems...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2022
Samunique:
And does your Quran supercede Nigerian constitution
Why does Nigeria constitution allow freedom of religion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 07, 2022
Dorad:
Even for Moslem owned school I still object to the covering of the face.... Except of course if it's private.
They understand each other better there as to why the ladies cover their faces.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 07, 2022
SLOVFO:

I see no reason why a Christian should attend an Islamic school when therebare better choices out there. Also common sense should let one know that Islamic schools are school with bias for Islamic studies and culture. So you should be ready to take whatever comes your way... same goes for a Christian school. We all know that Christians generally are less likely to cause problems...

So Moslims are much likely to cause problems?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

When Christian schools stop admitting them.

You head slammers are so funny?

Did they force your dumb hijab sister to apply for the school?

Did they beg your sister to apply to there school?

You troll apply for the school even When you know fully well the school rules and regulations
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2022
Thelife:

You head slammers are so funny?

Did they force your dumb hijab sister to apply for the school?

Did they beg your sister to apply to there school?

You troll apply for the school even When you know fully well the school rules and regulations

There are no written rules and regulations about HIJABS on the missionary schools.

I have studied there. My is Christian.

The problems come not from the owners but school teachers or administration.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 9:28am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

There are no written rules and regulations about HIJABS on the missionary schools.

I have studied there. My is Christian.

The problems come not from the owners but school teachers or administration.

Blah blah blah.

Guess you are part of the school founder for you to know that there is no writing rules and regulations about hijab on missionary school.

So if I may ask why haven't your hijab sister been wearing it till now?

Who is the school owner?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by joyandfaith: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

[s]Tramadol plus together combined colorado customer sighted[/s].
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 07, 2022
Thelife:

Blah blah blah.

Guess you are part of the school founder for you to know that there is no writing rules and regulations about hijab on missionary school.

So if I may ask why haven't your hijab sister been wearing it till now?

Who is the school owner?

Hhhh. Bla,Bla,bla you wrote amused me.

But anyway, my sister is not devoted Moslim yet. Our Mum is Christian, so I don't think she even love wearing Hijab.

By the Time she turn 18,I will know. But she will sit for her WAEC and NECO next year,turning 15 years old.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Attah00002(m): 9:35am On Feb 07, 2022
The way we understand things is different though, the Nigeria constitution allowed hijab in schools which means that any school that is operating in Nigeria should not stop any student from practicing their religion, so if you don't want to allow the Muslims students to wear their hijab in your school then, close down the school and go to country that doesn't allow hijab in their schools. It's as simple as that.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by okorogodwin4(m): 9:35am On Feb 07, 2022
Afonja skull miners Muslim criminals is the cause of the hijab controversy leave Hausa Fulani out of it because no Hausa Fulani man will send his wards to xtain school only Afonja Muslim hypocrite does that
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by joyandfaith: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

This is not problem,as long as the students require this.
Students also require AK-47 to learn.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by gare(f): 9:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
When we have people in governance repeatedly driving the country into the ground by all forms of sentiment, you'll not wonder why the country is still crawling in the midst of abundance.

Rights are not absolute... And this issue of religious dressing should be objectively addressed.

Imagine a lawyer who is a choir insisting on wearing chorister gown to a court on the ground of religion?

Every institution has it's laws, and when your belief negates the belief of others you leave them not try to follow the law selectively.

Una matter tire me, how chorister go wear gown go court , what kind of comparison be this, na una de cause the problem so. Is that part of her dressing ? But the hijab is part of the Moslem dressing not a uniform.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

Students also require AK-47 to learn.

And they get it. Go to NDA,Police Academy etc.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by joyandfaith: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

And they get it. Go to NDA,Police Academy etc.
With bombs hide inside arab dress
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 9:40am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Hhhh. Bla,Bla,bla you wrote amused me.

But anyway, my sister is not devoted Moslim yet. Our Mum is Christian, so I don't think she even love wearing Hijab.

By the Time she turn 18,I will know. But she will sit for her WAEC and NECO next year,turning 15 years old.

Ooooh, so you are still a young boy yet you are busy giving yourself headache over religious matter.

My advice for you.

Go and face your study and leave religious matter alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Denies Obiano Bail, May Get Court Order To Hold Him / El-Rufai, Bello: Onokpasa Jesutega Slams APC Members Over "Dumping Of Allies" / FALSE USA Moves To Checkmate Dollar Stockpile In Africa FALSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.