Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab (14156 Views)

Adamu Adamu Flown To Germany Over Undisclosed Medical Condition - SR / Adamu Adamu To Replace Abba Kyari As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Sahara Reporters / Adamu Adamu: I Worked As Buhari’s Speech Writer For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by emezuo17: 10:50am On Feb 07, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailytrust.com/nigerias-constitution-allows-muslim-women-to-wear-hijab-fg
. Can a Christian girl wear a normal knee length skirt and short sleeve shirts to an Islamic secondary school? What is the fuse all about, let them open their own schools for crying out loud and set their own rules, this is a Christian school, they can go to normal government school and wear their hijab there, what is so difficult about that.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

I have turned 18 last month,so do you call me young boy?

Tell me our difference in constitution, religion and life?

You are still a young boy.

Your parent are still feeding you.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 10:55am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Why would the school stop them from being Moslems?

How does the school stopped them from been a moslems?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 07, 2022
Thelife:

You are still a young boy.

Your parent are still feeding you.

So just because I am fed up by my parents, am I a young boy?

I see a 25 years old man being fed by his parents.

This is nothing.

Me and you have one and single vote.

I can do whatever you do.

I can marry and do anything.

Point of correction, I am a MAN no more boy.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2022
Thelife:

How does the school stopped them from been a moslems?

By not allowing them to appear Moslems.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

By not allowing them to apprae Moslems.

Can I go to a mosque and wear a slippers?
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

So just because I am fed up by my parents, am I a young boy?

I see a 25 years old man being fed by his parents.

This is nothing.

Me and you have one and single vote.

I can do whatever you do.

I can marry and do anything.

Point of correction, I am a MAN no more boy.

Okay Mr youngboy man.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by siant: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2022
If they ask him to choose where he would like his daughter to school between middle East where she would be wearing hijjab and Western nations where hijabb is not allowed, he will not hesitate to choose Western world.

Go and find out, it's certain none of his children are in Afghanistan or Iraq, they are either in UK or Canada.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 07, 2022
Thelife:

Okay Mr youngboy man.

I am Man. Period!.

Boy is secondary school student.

Young boy is primary school pupil.

I am neither pupil nor secondary school student.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Thelife: 11:08am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

I am Man. Period!.

Boy is secondary school student.

Young boy is primary school pupil.

I am neither pupil nor secondary school student.

Okay Mr man youngboy grin grin
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Theunbothered: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Charm?

I don't understand.
Government owned schools dressed the way their religion prescribed.

We've seen Christian pupils wearing beret in muslim named schools and nothing happened.

The intolerance won't be tolerated in Government schools. NEVER

Where does it say in any Christian religious book that they should wear beret?

Is beret mandated by religion or a part of the school uniform?

Let's start wearing charms now so that there is fairness everywhere.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 07, 2022
Thelife:

Okay Mr man youngboy grin grin

What brings the "young boy " here?

Okay one question for you.

Am I underage?

You're pushing me to the wall. This is discrimination. You don't have the right on how to adress me sir.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 07, 2022
Thelife:

Can I go to a mosque and wear a slippers?

Yes of course.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 07, 2022
Theunbothered:

Where does it say in any Christian religious book that they should wear beret?

Is beret mandated by religion or a part of the school uniform?

Let's start wearing charms now so that there is fairness everywhere.

My mentally challenged schoolmate was allowed to wear chams in form of bad odour perfume, rings etc by the school authority because his parents are traditional-christians who believed that he was spiritually challenged.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2022
emezuo17:
. Can a Christian girl wear a normal knee length skirt and short sleeve shirts to an Islamic secondary school? What is the fuse all about, let them open their own schools for crying out loud and set their own rules, this is a Christian school, they can go to normal government school and wear their hijab there, what is so difficult about that.

Yes.

And we will never stop going to mission schools.

We are citizens and human being.

If we refuse to go to school, you call us Almajiri etc.

So its just the beginning.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Theunbothered: 11:27am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

My mentally challenged schoolmate was allowed to wear chams in form of bad odour perfume, rings etc by the school authority because his parents are traditional-christians who believed that he was spiritually challenged.

Perfume and rings? grin

Did he tie fowl leg to his waist as well?

Also was this a Muslim owned school? In the interest of fairness it should go for everyone.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2022
Theunbothered:

Perfume and rings? grin

Did he tie fowl leg to his waist as well?

Also was this a Muslim owned school? In the interest of fairness it should go for everyone.

It's Christian School to be frank.

But at least it shows that anyone has the right to appear the way he desires.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by joyandfaith: 11:35am On Feb 07, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Pain, fain .
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by cazchi: 11:35am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

So all Nigerian Christians would be in Biafra?

Count my Mum out.

If thats what you deduced from my comment, thenYou and your mum are out then.

Its about the mind and way of thinking.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 07, 2022
cazchi:

If thats what you deduced from my comment, thenYou and your mum are out then.

Its about the mind and way of thinking.

To be frank,your comment was misleading.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by cazchi: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

To be frank,your comment was misleading.

What happens when you don't understand something in School/Uni? You clarify. You don't just go on the offensive. We must do better!
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Haines: 11:41am On Feb 07, 2022
Samunique:
We should understand that the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria guarantees freedom of religion to all citizens. This, by implication, means that all citizens are allowed to practice their religions according to the teachings of their faith as long as no harm or inconvenience is caused to other people.”

I was hoping to see the part of Nigerian constitution that stated it categorically but was disappointed to see the above statement which we all are aware of.

But the question is, does the above constitutional freedom apply to Muslims only or all Nigerians ?

If it's for all Nigerians, then others can as well wear their religious attires/regalia to their various schools. Abi are we not all Nigerians?

I'm always surprised at how these people always think that this section of constitutional freedom belongs to Muslims only. undecided

If Muslims cannot obey a simple school uniformity rule, then let's cancel school uniform and allow people to wear whatever they seem good to schools, after all, what's good for Peter is also okay for Paul.
Do Muslims ever stop you to practice your faith?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Haines: 11:43am On Feb 07, 2022
LaSenior:
cheesy

They should wear their hijab in government owned school and Muslim schools

This is a Christian school for God sake
Those schools in question are government schools not Christians school. � get that straight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by ihimiray(m): 11:44am On Feb 07, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Response to the quotations of Jesus from Q5: 116-118.
Again CHRISTIANS and CHRISTIANITY are problems for JESUS before Almighty Allah on the Day of Resurrection.
dat one problem with muslims... Face ur religion and leave christians alone.... If u believe jesus will have a problem with his father because of Christianity keep dat bullshit to urself.... The carnage ur religion has brought upon humanity is still a big problem.. cos for everything soul islamic terrorist kill I the muhammad will have a big problem with allah.. or don't u think so
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 07, 2022
cazchi:

What happens when you don't understand something in School/Uni? You clarify. You don't just go on the offensive. We must do better!

You mention Christians in the comment and also said that Biafra is so and so.

Hence I wanna know,if the Biafra would be Moslemless state and if all of the Christians would relocate to the said Biafra.

The last time I checked, Biafra is tribe motivated movement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by cazchi: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Hence I wanna know,if the Biafra would be Moslemless state and if all of the Christians would relocate to the said Biafra.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b7c3f89372b969d1ec81486/t/5bae5fd20d929727f6e6cf6a/1538154451195/Biafra+Fundamental+Principles+and+Vision.pdf

My answer to you question is clearly explained in the above doc. Page 2, last dot point. Udo!
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Theunbothered: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

It's Christian School to be frank.

But at least it shows that anyone has the right to appear the way he desires.

Of course it's a Christian school, a Muslim school would never do such.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by adamsmith914: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

By some disillusioned Miserable Miscreants.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Haines: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Kennyfancy:
Those Christians school should stop giving admission to Muslim students, simple, baptism is just stressing themselves, can a Muslim wear hijab to covenant University ?
Calm down bro you are wrongly informd about the situation on ground the school in picture is a government public school not a private school
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2022
adamsmith914:
By some disillusioned Miserable Miscreants.

That's it.
Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Almunjid(m): 11:57am On Feb 07, 2022
seunmsg:
Muslim students who want to wear hijab should attend Muslim schools. Christian students who want to wear cassock or any religious garb should attend Christian/missionary schools. Public schools should be for everybody and the dressing should be secular.
The point u made on private schools was right.
Muslims/Christians who want to wear or maintain their respective religious garbs should either attend Muslim or missionary schools.
However, the point u made on public schools was wrong because it portrays Nigeria as a secular state. Our Constitution doesn’t explicitly proclaim Nigeria’s secularity.

Nigeria is a multi-religious state (that recognises the co-existence of different religions and affirms that no religion shall be allowed to take precedence over the other) and Nigeria also allows freedom of religion.
This means public schools can not enforce neutral dressing or uniforms associated to a particular religion on students. It also implies that students in public schools are permitted to wear their respective religious garbs. In northern Nigeria, Muslim students are allowed to wear Hijabs while Christians may use whatever symbolizes their religion if they so wish.

In conclusion, if what u mean by secularism is "neutral and unbiasedness" then all citizens shouldn't be disallowed to practise and wear their religious attires in public schools. Except if what u referred by secularism is "anti-religion".

Religion/Belief is a central part of people's identity that must be respected.

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 07, 2022
Theunbothered:

Of course it's a Christian school, a Muslim school would never do such.

Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Denies Obiano Bail, May Get Court Order To Hold Him / El-Rufai, Bello: Onokpasa Jesutega Slams APC Members Over "Dumping Of Allies" / FALSE USA Moves To Checkmate Dollar Stockpile In Africa FALSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.