Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me (2315 Views)

Mum Ran Away 13 Years Ago, Abandoned Me, Sister – Osun Man / Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Streetmalam: 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2022
Where have I gone wrong?
We are 3 sisters all orphan both mum and dad gone, I and my last born was brought up by grand ma.
At some point I realized that grandma is getting old I have grown up and able to hustle to support grandma so I moved to Lagos left behind my last born with grand ma and the one after me went to be with a family member in calaba.
Am 24, second 21 last is 19
I start hustling to help pay fees for that last born and at a point my second sister had to come to Lagos because I was able to get a place to stay with my guy so she came to be with my mother's brother that I was living with before. They only got her accommodation all other expenses are on me clothing, pocket money,skill aquisition fee and damages (tailoring) in short I was there like a mother just to make our life won't be as worst. After she graduated form learning she stayed back at her boss fashion design shop and don't get paid so I fought with her to look for a job with her skills at start doing at least it may either be a daily, weekly or monthly payment but something will be coming in for her too in order to reduce my expenses on her and fortunately WE got one 50k per month at the age 21 isn't it enough? At first I got pregnant for my guy and I told my sister she acted like it's non of her business and never congrats me or my guy.
I was into POS and after 6months in her employment my employee made a way with my money worth 350k and I got broke.
And my guy just left his old job for a new one and things where not really in line for me and my I looked around to see if I can get help or loan to restart my business but all efforts falls in vain so I turn to my own blood sis to request 50k to add to my capacity to start up with something she turned me down saying she didn't have anything to afford after 6month of 50k per month and ever since then she refused to pick my calls even with the intentions calling to know how she's doing she desists from picking my calls.

Your opinion pls
I didn't offend her in anyways and I have asked her on several meetings to know what her problem is but she always says nothing to me.
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
stop making plans on other people pockets...your sista said she aint got it, why dont you believe her, instead of thinking that she MUST help you by fire or by force...?! SOLUTION: focus on the main issue at hand and SORT YOUR LIFE OUT!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Ahmed0336(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Forget you're related to her by blood. Some people are wired that way.

Since she's the one that started it, act as if you don't have a sister.
Look for money elsewhere and get you shit together.

Truth is, as the eldest sister that they look up to, why live with a man that hasn't paid kobo on your head let alone getting pregnant for him? What message are you passing to your younger ones?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by dawnomike(m): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:
Where have I gone wrong?
We are 3 sisters all orphan both mum and dad gone, I and my last born was brought up by grand ma.
At some point I realized that grandma is getting old I have grown up and able to hustle to support grandma so I moved to Lagos left behind my last born with grand ma and the one after me went to be with a family member in calaba.
I start hustling to help pay fees for that last born and at a point my second sister had to come to Lagos because I was able to get a place to stay with my guy so she came to be with my mother's brother that I was living with before. They only got her accommodation all other expenses are on me clothing, pocket money,skill aquisition fee and damages (tailoring) in short I was there like a mother just to make our life won't be as worst. After she graduated form learning she stayed back at her boss fashion design shop and don't get paid so I fought with her to look for a job with her skills at start doing at least it may either be a daily, weekly or monthly payment but something will be coming in for her too in order to reduce my expenses on her and fortunately WE got one 50k per month at the age 21 isn't it enough? At first I got pregnant for my guy and I told my sister she acted like it's non of her business and never congrats me or my guy.
I was into POS and after 6months in her employment my employee made a way with my money worth 350k and I got broke.
And my guy just left his old job for a new one and things where not really in line for me and my I looked around to see if I can get help or loan to restart my business but all efforts falls in vain so I turn to my own blood sis to request 50k to add to my capacity to start up with something she turned me down saying she didn't have anything to afford after 6month of 50k per month and ever since then she refused to pick my calls even with the intentions calling to know how she's doing she desists from picking my calls.

Your opinion pls
I didn't offend her in anyways and I have asked her on several meetings to know what her problem is but she always says nothing to me.

I pray you get the help you need... Just leave her alone

3 Likes

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:

Your opinion pls
I don't think your sister abandoned you. She probably just does not want you putting your burdens on her and for good reason. undecided

You choosing to get pregnant without first having adequate savings to handle your emergencies is your problem and headache. She probably does not even see why you would do such a thing when you all have no one to fall back on. I say you work on resolving your issue between you and your boyfriend. undecided

As for the issue your sister has with you. Somehow I suspect she does not approve of either your relationship or even your pregnancy. Ask her..undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by MufasaLion: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
cry

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Foodqueen(f): 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Just move on.

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Animegirl(f): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
sad

Some people forget that life isn't bed of roses, at some point in our lives we need helping hands.

Even if your sister can't help but for the sake of the unborn child at least let her assist. I'm not saying she is obligated but I hope she as compassion on you.

But OP, the man who impregnated you should take responsibilities of everything concerning you, even though things are hard. Both of you should sort out plans na.

2 Likes

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Nemesis0147(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't think your sister abandoned you. She probably just does not want you putting your burdens on her and for good reason. undecided

You choosing to get pregnant without first having adequate savings to handle your emergencies is your problem and headache. She probably does not even see why you would do such a thing when you all have no one to fall back on. I say you work on resolving your issue between you and your boyfriend. undecidedyou always try to sound Educated or Exposed on this forum but you always End up sounding silly and petty!!

As for the issue your sister has with you. Somehow I suspect she does not approve of either your relationship or even your pregnancy. Ask her..undecided
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Streetmalam: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
Animegirl:
sad

Some people forget that life isn't bed of roses, at some point in our lives we need helping hands.

Even if your sister can't help but for the sake of the unborn child at least let her assist. I'm not saying she is obligated but I hope she as compassion on you.

But OP, the man who impregnated you should take responsibilities of everything concerning you, even though things are hard. Both of you should sort out plans na.

He left his old job and got a new one this year... He has been my Piller all along. He is even the reason why she got the tailoring job and he still gave me the 300k that somebody I employed ran away with... We lack family help

2 Likes

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Streetmalam: 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
stop making plans on other people pockets...your sista said she aint got it, why dont you believe her, instead of thinking that she MUST help you by fire or by force...?! SOLUTION: focus on the main issue at hand and SORT YOUR LIFE OUT!

My sister is no other person to me.
This guy has been the source of my being able to care for my sister while on her skill aquisition.
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Streetmalam: 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:

You choosing to get pregnant without first having adequate savings to handle your emergencies is your problem and headache. She probably does not even see why you would do such a thing when you all have no one to fall back on. I say you work on resolving your issue between you and your boyfriend. undecided

I doubt because she already has a guy she is dating and she never allowed me to know that guy still date.
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:
This guy has been the source of my being able to care for my sister while on her skill aquisition.
Does your sister also see this man as your messiah? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Streetmalam: 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:

What options does an orphan with out family help has? And this guy is everything a lady would want from a man.

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:
I doubt because she already has a guy she is dating and she never allowed me to know that guy still date.
Well, it isn't wrong to date a guy really. What could be a possible issue is your becoming a single mother. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:
What options does an orphan with out family help has? And this guy is everything a lady would want from a man.
He may be that to you but you deciding to get pregnant before marrying him is stil frowned upon it that society, is it not? undecided

That choice has nothing to do with you being an orphan at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by baby124: 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
I know it hurts but just let her be. Why don’t you acquire a skill of your own on the side now that you have the time? You did your best for your sis to land on her feet but you don’t know what she’s struggling with. When people are working hard and earning they make plans for their money you know. You can’t come from no where and suddenly put your burdens on them. 50k is not really so much in a place like Lagos. She may not know how to say no because, you think she owes you. Give her time.

6months of working for 50k dos not mean she has 300k. Won’t she survive? Her expenses may cut the cash she has down to like 150k or even less. I hope you know? That is even if they are paying her full salary. Give her time to land on her feet dear. It’s only you and her other sibling she has in this world.

Also try to ensure your boyfriend does right by you, like marriage. Your other sibling, try to help that one too to get a skill. I know it’s a thankless job and yoU are feeling used by this sibling but trust me, you are doing the best thing. In future you really don’t want them as responsibilities on your head. God bless and reward you my dear. You have tried for a 24yr old.

Get your skill, start working and send yourself to school. You seem very smart, many people older than you cannot even accomplish what you have at 24, wow. You will be fine in life. This is nothing, don’t dwell on it, she will reach out to you soon. Work on improving yourself so you can better yourself.

4 Likes

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Streetmalam: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
baby124:
I know it hurts but just let her be. Why don’t you acquire a skill of your own on the side now that you have the time? You did your best for your sis to land on her feet but you don’t know what she’s struggling with. When people are working hard and earning they make plans for their money you know. You can’t come from no where and suddenly put your burdens on them. 50k is not really so much in a place like Lagos. She may not know how to say no because, you think she owes you. Give her time.

6months of working for 50k dos not mean she has 300k. Won’t she survive? Her expenses may cut the cash she has down to like 150k or even less. I hope you know? That is even if they are paying her full salary. Give her time to land on her feet dear. It’s only you and her other sibling she has in this world.

Also try to ensure your boyfriend does right by you, like marriage. Your other sibling, try to help that one too to get a skill. I know it’s a thankless job and yoU are feeling used by this sibling but trust me, you are doing the best thing. In future you really don’t want them as responsibilities on your head. God bless and reward you my dear. You have tried for a 24yr old.

Get your skill, start working and send yourself to school. You seem very smart, many people older than you cannot even accomplish what you have at 24, wow. You will be fine in life. This is nothing, don’t dwell on it, she will reach out to you soon. Work on improving yourself so you can better yourself.
You got all wrong.
I wasn't depending on her. Like I said in the write up, I only ask her once for money after then I have been trying to reach her to know about her well being she doesn't pick my calls any more get it, it isn't about money mainly

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by baby124: 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:

You got all wrong.
I wasn't depending on her. Like I said in the write up, I only ask her once for money after then I have been trying to reach her to know about her well being she doesn't pick my calls any more get it, it isn't about money mainly
I got you right. Well she obviously thinks you are calling her for money. That’s why she’s not picking. Why not go and see her at your uncles house so you can talk to her face to face? That is better than phone. Like I said, you don’t know what she’s dealing with.

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:

so now for this above reason, you believe that your sister must bend over backwards and kill herself because of your issues?!

in life, NEVER EVER expect people to be you, they will always be THEMSELVES!!! i am sorry you had to learn the hard way, now stop wasting time expecting nonsense of others and SORT YOUR OWN LIFE OUT!

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:

You got all wrong.
Give her time to come around. In the meantime, focus on you and getting yourself a life of your own so you can fend for your baby. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Acidosis(m): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, it isn't wrong to date a guy really. What could be a possible issue is your becoming a single mother. undecided

Lol. You're trying so hard to make her feel bad for relying on a guy/boyfriend for upkeep/sustenance.

Sorry, but that's the reality in Nigeria. Even the ones with parents need their boyfriends to provide.

4 Likes

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Ulunne777(f): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Call call call,if you call your blood and she doesn't pick up,then visit her.You never can tell why she is going thru.She may even be in danger or pregnant like you.

Shea your family and blood.make out time to visit her and find out things for yourself.

What's with this social media generation?
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Acidosis:
Lol. You're trying so hard to make her feel bad for relying on a guy/boyfriend for upkeep/sustenance.

Sorry, but that's the reality in Nigeria. Even the ones with parents need their boyfriends to provide.
I am not trying to make her feel bad at all. Just throwing out possible ideas as to what could cause the rift between her and her sister....Nigerian society still frowns on women having babies outside of wedlock, does it not? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by Streetmalam: 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

so now for this above reason, you believe that your sister must bend over backwards and kill herself because of your issues?!

in life, NEVER EVER expect people to be you, they will always be THEMSELVES!!! i am sorry you had to learn the hard way, now stop wasting time expecting nonsense of others and SORT YOUR OWN LIFE OUT!
You are always in the wrong side side you seem never to under what it means to be ophan without family help just the three of us and grandma, I expect more from her than any other person because only me can do it all...this is it
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by sisisioge: 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
It is well...people forget quickly.

Biko hope for the best and find your help go front. The fact that you supported her when she needed it does not guarantee that she would support you when you have a need too. Besides, 50k is small money,she might not be buoyant. The part that did me somehow is where she refused to take your calls afterwards. Please move on and take a learning. May you two never have the need to depend on each other again o..... everyman for himself, God for us all.

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by sisisioge: 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:

You are always in the wrong side side you seem never to under what it means to be ophan without family help just the three of us and grandma, I expect more from her than any other person because only me can do it all...this is it

No....do not expect people to help you no matter the relationship you have with them....it usually doesnt end well. Just face forward and see what you could do with the little you have. May God prosper you.
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by baby124: 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
If you ever do that POS business again, never keep more than 5k with your employee. Take the excess and keep in the bank that only you have access to with online banking. If they need more than 5k for any transaction, let them inform you and if you have, you deal with the client directly. I just thought to drop this advice for you.

2 Likes

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by bigjackass: 9:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
It's very possible that she doesn't have 50k to give you. Infact I don't expect her to have. Because 50k is a meagre salary and she has been working for just 6 months. It will take being extremely stingy to herself for a woman to have any savings on 50k salary. Feeding alone will consume more than 30k and that is with plenty management. Daily commuting, clothes, skin, hair, airtime and data, and so on.
Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by frozen70(f): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:
Where have I gone wrong?

Your opinion pls

If possible stop requesting from her
Some people don't want to help for reasons best known to them

Just keep moving and believe God for divine favour

2 Likes

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2022
Streetmalam:

it doesnt matter whether you are an orphan or from an extended family... you have to stop expecting people to do what YOU want them to do with their finances. she has her own life to live, her own issues, her own wahala to deal with... and if she decides she cant help you then so be it. see as you are hellbent into believing that she MUST help you by fire or by force?!?! go put that negative energy on the dude who empregnated you instead, HE should be the one you turn to and DEMAND he does something, not your sister. she said she aint go it and cant help you, and that should be the end of the story.

stop making plans on other's people pockets, just because you put your own self into some trouble! your misplaced hormones are acting up.

no wonder people dont want to talk to you or answer your calls, when you reason the way you do!

1 Like

Re: My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me by baby124: 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
bigjackass:
It's very possible that she doesn't have 50k to give you. Infact I don't expect her to have. Because 50k is a meagre salary and she has been working for just 6 months. It will take being extremely stingy to herself for a woman to have any savings on 50k salary. Feeding alone will consume more than 30k and that is with plenty management. Daily commuting, clothes, skin, hair, airtime and data, and so on.
She also most probably have to contribute to the house where she lives. This was the time she and OP would have moved in together and hustle together to bring their last sister, get an education and improve themselves. But OP went to get pregnant. Hmm. Now a child is in the picture. Children are huge responsibility and money guzzler. If the boyfriend run away, OP is back to square one with barely any time to further her education or skills. She better get smart during this pregnancy and make sure she learns a skill too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mothers, Trust Us Please! / 6 Surprising Things That Happened After Delivery{birth} / I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.