Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,882,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:26 PM

Atheism: A Religion With No God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: A Religion With No God (1571 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Are Abandoning Religion With The Speed Of Light( Photos) / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / Egyptian Parliament (allegedly) Moves To Make Atheism A Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Feb 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You wrongly mix Church going with Christ Following, they are not The Same.

Christians are Better and it is Church goers who suffer these afflictions.

A Christian lives life with a full smile and also dies on his bed with a smile.

You probably have not met a Christian, for they are very very few maybe 1 in 10,000 people.

But church goers are all over the place, even right here in nairaland.

What makes one a Christian if I may ask?
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin it is a religion of being Anti-God.

For one to believe the impossibility that nothing created everything takes great faith.
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Dtruthspeaker: 11:48am On Feb 22, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

For one to believe the impossibility that nothing created everything takes great faith.

grin Yes O! A great faith and dedication as could be possible found and executed grin
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Dtruthspeaker: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

What makes one a Christian if I may ask?

A person who people reasonable say and will reasonable say "verily, this man is like Christ and doeth like Christ and God is Truly with Him"
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

A person who people reasonable say and will reasonable say "verily, this man is like Christ and doeth like Christ and God is Truly with Him"

How can a person become a Christian? smiley
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Yes O! A great faith and dedication as could be possible found and executed grin

The fact that atheists have this 'great faith' qualifies them to be religious. cheesy
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Dtruthspeaker: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that atheists have this 'great faith' qualifies them to be religious. cheesy

Very True! grin
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Dtruthspeaker: 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

How can a person become a Christian? smiley

Simple! By doing only those things the Bible counseled, should be done and not doing those things it said "don't do"!
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
This one is MaxInDHouse brother in irrationality.
Yours is even better, atleast you didn't call football a religion like MaxInDHouse cheesy

Pele and Maradona (two world's best players in football) also said FOOTBALL IS A RELIGION! cheesy
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Simple! By doing only those things the Bible counseled, should be done and not doing those things it said "don't do"!

Do you mean by keeping the 10 commandments? undecided
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Dtruthspeaker: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Do you mean by keeping the 10 commandments? undecided

More than that.

By "Obeying Every Word Which God Spoke!"
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

More than that.

By "Obeying Every Word Which God Spoke!"

Has anyone ever succeeded in doing that? undecided
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Dtruthspeaker: 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Has anyone ever succeeded in doing that? undecided

Yep! Many!

Enoch, Noah, Abraham, king Abimelech Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Job, David etc

In
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yep! Many!

Enoch, Noah, Abraham, king Abimelech Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Job, David etc

In

Where these Christians? undecided
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Where these Christians? undecided

Yes, they were!
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

where is the evidence God does not exist? undecided

A mental disorder is when a person attributes anything good in his/her life to some invisible "god" and everything bad as the act of the devil.... only a mentally retaarded person thinks in such a failed way. what happens when good things happen to a Muslim, a buddhist or an atheist??!!? is that still the act of your "god" or what?!

so when you win the lottery; when you get a new job; when you buy a new house; when you score a hattrick; when you avoid an accident etc etc your deluded mind will attribute it to that invisible god of yours...... but when money ritualist come visit your loved ones; when armed robber get your belongings, when your wife or gf get raped/killed or when you lose your job, you will automatically attribute that to satan.
thats not only STUPID, thats deluded to such an extreme, even a psychiatrist will give up on you lot.

btw here is my answer to your above foolish question....KEEP QUIET, I AM YOUR INVISIBLE GOD, do you have any proof to the contrary?!?!?!
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

A mental disorder is when a person attributes anything good in his/her life to some invisible "god" and everything bad as the act of the devil.... only a mentally retaarded person thinks in such a failed way. what happens when good things happen to a Muslim, a buddhist or an atheist??!!? is that still the act of your "god" or what?!

Strawman.

MrBrownJay1:

so when you win the lottery; when you get a new job; when you buy a new house; when you score a hattrick; when you avoid an accident etc etc your deluded mind will attribute it to that invisible god of yours...... but when money ritualist come visit your loved ones; when armed robber get your belongings, when your wife or gf get raped/killed or when you lose your job, you will automatically attribute that to satan.
thats not only STUPID, thats deluded to such an extreme, even a psychiatrist will give up on you lot.

Still building your Strawman. undecided

MrBrownJay1:

btw here is my answer to your above foolish question....KEEP QUIET, I AM YOUR INVISIBLE GOD, do you have any proof to the contrary?!?!?!

No. Since that is your belief without proof and that makes you a religious man. Simples. wink

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Strawman.
Still building your Strawman. undecided
No. Since that is your belief without proof and that makes you a religious man. Simples. wink

YES i am your invisible god... and since you have no proof to the contrary, keep quiet and worship me, unless you wanna taste my wrath!
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

YES i am your invisible god... and since you have no proof to the contrary, keep quiet and worship me, unless you wanna taste my wrath!

In your mind, even though it's delusional without any evidence it's still a belief and that makes you a religious nut. God only gives spiritual fruits not religious nuts. Atheism is still a religion as you a proving on this thread. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
In your mind, even though it's delusional without any evidence it's still a belief and that makes you a religious nut. God only gives spiritual fruits not religious nuts. Atheism is still a religion as you a proving on this thread. grin

shattap you fool, i amyour xtian god and you must bow to me....and since you have no proof to the contrary, I AM GOD!!!! (is that not how you deluded xtian think?!)
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

shattap you fool, i amyour xtian god and you must bow to me....and since you have no proof to the contrary, I AM GOD!!!! (is that not how you deluded xtian think?!)

I'll suggest that you read Psalm 14:1 especially in the Yoruba Bible to see how you are depicted. shocked

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
I'll suggest that you read Psalm 14:1 especially in the Yoruba Bible to see how you are depicted. shocked

sadly, i am depicted EXACTLY how you deluded people sound.... talking arrant nonsense about proof that god doesnt exist gibberish, as if this is how sane people think. thus me using you exact same deluded way of thinking while asking you to prove that i aint your god, duh!

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

sadly, i am depicted EXACTLY how you deluded people sound.... talking arrant nonsense about proof that god doesnt exist gibberish, as if this is how sane people think. thus me using you exact same deluded way of thinking while asking you to prove that i aint your god, duh!

The onus is on you to prove that you are my god and since you cannot prove it you can carry on believing in your wishful thinking. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
The onus is on you to prove that you are my god and since you cannot prove it you can carry on believing in your wishful thinking. grin

look at the above ARRANT GIBBERISH from you deluded hypocrites.... when i tell you the above about proving that there is a god, you will quickly ask me to prove that there aint one,,,,but then if i therefore tell you that I AM YOUR INVISIBLE GOD, you now turn around and tell me:"i need to prove that to you" BWAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

if the onus is to prove that i am god, then it is also for you to do the same about your own invisible god, duh!!!!

therefore sir, the day you can prove to me that there is a xtian god, and that this god aint me, then you will have the reply to your above deluded question....until then, I AM YOUR XTIAN GOD!!!!
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

look at the above ARRANT GIBBERISH from you deluded hypocrites.... when i tell you the above about proving that there is a god, you will quickly ask me to prove that there aint one,,,,but then if i therefore tell you that I AM YOUR INVISIBLE GOD, you now turn around and tell me:"i need to prove that to you" BWAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

if the onus is to prove that i am god, then it is also for you to do the same about your own invisible god, duh!!!!

therefore sir, the day you can prove to me that there is a xtian god, and that this god aint me, then you will have the reply to your above deluded question....until then, I AM YOUR XTIAN GOD!!!!

Your admission here proves that we are both religious, the difference is just that I have evidence of the existence of my God. My faith is based on solid evidence while yours is based on wishful thinking. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
I have evidence of the existence of my God. My faith is based on solid evidence

dont use your deluded retaarded mental disorder as evidence pls... instead, give us ONE concrete evidence that your yeye invisible god exist...
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

dont use your deluded retaarded mental disorder as evidence pls... instead, give us ONE concrete evidence that your yeye invisible god exist...

Here is scientific evidence of how this present universe came to be if your atheist mind can comprehend it.

There are only three possibilities from where the universe can come from. By way of the elimination we will arrive at the scientific evidence of the origin of the universe which took just 6 days.

(1). The universe created itself;

(2). The universe has always existed, or

(3). The universe was created.

1. The universe created itself:

Can something create itself? Can nothing create something? The answer to these is an absolute No. We all know that something cannot create itself and nothing can't create something. From Latin we have the phrase "ex nihilo, nihil fit" meaning "from nothing, nothing comes." It also violates the law of cause and effect, that says for every effect there must be a cause. The effect can't be greater than the cause and nothing cannot be greater than something. Therefore, based on the laws of science and logic, the universe couldn't have created itself. That leaves us with options 2 and 3.

2. The univese has always existed:

Lets go to the 2nd law of thermodynamics that basically teaches that "the whole universe is losing usable energy for doing usable work." This means that the usable energy in this universe is wearing down. The universe as a whole is losing energy. In other words, molecules as a whole are slowing down.

Therefore, if this universe was eternal we will be in what is called a "virtual heat death." This means that there will be virtually no molecular movement. Everything would have lost its available heat energy for doing work. Therefore, the universe cannot be eternal, it must have had a beginning. The theory that the universe has always existed or is eternal has to be false based on the law of science and logic, another speculation gone with the air. This leaves us with only one possiblility based on science. Which is that:

3. The universe was created:

"In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth." -- Genesis 1:1

Science confirms the Bible. Simples. wink

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Sarcastic101: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

Dumb athiest,
What would you take as an evidence,?
If you answer this question,I'd give you evidence,
Just tell me what you'd take as evidence that my God (a supernatural being) exists

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by LordReed(m): 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
Sarcastic101:

Dumb athiest,
What would you take as an evidence,?
If you answer this question,I'd give you evidence,
Just tell me what you'd take as evidence that my God (a supernatural being) exists

I'd like some evidence for your god but I need you to define supernatural then I can tell you what kind of evidence I would take.
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Sarcastic101: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
LordReed:

I'd like some evidence for your god but I need you to define supernatural then I can tell you what kind of evidence I would take.
Supernatural things aren't things that have no natural explanation
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by LordReed(m): 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
Sarcastic101:

Supernatural things aren't things that have no natural explanation

So anything that has no explanation is supernatural?
Re: Atheism: A Religion With No God by Sarcastic101: 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2022
LordReed:

So anything that has no explanation is supernatural?
Notice I said natural explanation,
If we can't give a natural explanation for an occurrence then it's supernatural,
Everything thing that makes up life is based on things that can't be explained naturally, from the rise of life from non living matter,to the materialise g of matter from nothing,to the complex design of the universe,it's willful ignorance to say that a supernatural intelligence isn't behind your reality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

According To Islam: What Is A Spirit / And Many People Think Animals Don’t Have Emotions(picture) / God's Little Test Subjects - Why The Love Of God Is A Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.