Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,469 members, 7,968,303 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:53 AM

Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? (5767 Views)

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2022
cococandy:

I’m talking from the perspective of wrong versus right.

You know how some people feel abortion is wrong but they have a different opinion if the person who does it married. I feel they should keep the same energy both ways.

Oh right. I understand your perspective.
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
Beremx:
Single women—— Abortion
Married women—— Termination of pregnancy
What nonsense!

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 9:04am On Mar 07, 2022
cococandy:

Yes. Sadly the notion that married women deserve certain rights over single women is upheld by women. It’s a lot to unpack.

They’ll come for my head now if I start as if I don’t like married women. But I think all women deserve equitable consideration . Marriage doesn’t place one on a pedestal over being a single lady or single mom.

First I recognize your desire for self preservation that keeps you from wading into these murky waters of quasi-activism.

But I personally don't care to protect the sensitivities of people who can not offer the same to others.

Now we have single women who are not single by choice (it takes two to tango , right?)

On top of that some of these women, while still looking out for love, still have responsibilities, parents, kids etc.

It's not fair to lump every woman who happens to be sans husband as irresponsible, loose and not smart enough to be still single.

Shouldn't it be right to leave the women who are biding their time until they find favorable conditions before saying I do to their choices?

Let me use an analogy:

Rulers don't envy their subjects, because they are above them, in fact they pity them, because they are living in better conditions.

It's safe to suppose that a bully actually feels inadequate, that's why they have to compensate by picking on someone to feel bigger.

Doing everything in your power to make someone feel less, that's bullying to me, and I see these women as bullies.

I love all humans, regardless of gender or whatever demographic you belong to.

I love the institution of Marriage, in fact my idealism makes me take too much time due to my perfectionism.

But throwing strange vibes, passive-aggressive silliness over this status competition is tiring, it drains energy.

It's ridiculous.

Everyone should just live and let live, is that too much to ask?

Don't discriminate against single women, they are not the cause of your problems.
(addressing bullies directly, not you,my dear)

I don't even want to delve into infidelities and the attendant melodrama.

Please excuse my diatribe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:05am On Mar 07, 2022
cococandy:
Married or single it’s the same. Marriage doesn’t make one woman better than another or more worthy of reproductive rights & healthcare than another.

I’m saying this because in my experience, people find it easier to judge single women for having abortions but will excuse it if it’s a married woman.
Don't mind them same way Nigerians ignorantly or hypocritically assume that a single woman doesn't have sex so such women find it hard to go for family planning without sinners judging them for sinning differently.

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:

In Ondo State, unmarried women were excluded from the free family planning initiative provided by Dr Mimiko's administration around 2016. The discrimination was perpetrated by Nurses in Primary Health Centers. You must come with your husband.

I wonder if women's uteruses are only activated by wedding rings.

What I just pointed out to cococandy. The double standard nor tire you?

1 Like

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:11am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:
It's easy to judge women, of course they are soft targets, there is no consequence for using women as butts of ignorant jokes.

But to my knowledge, sexual intercourse is done by two individuals.

It is completely absurd to hang only one party to dry and the most annoying part is that this is done by women mostly, men only treat women as badly as women treat women.

Sure, you're perfect, you've never sinned, you gave your virginity to your husband on your matrimonial bed.

Perfect, quintessential virtuous woman.

We hail you.

That is why you can't approach your fellow women when trouble comes, when you've tangled up yourself in your web of self righteousness, isn't your life so lonely?

Wee you just keep away?
You know what, I think we should be advocating for male vasectomies because men can impregnate as many women at a go yet they don't get held to a standard in playing their own part in preventing unwanted pregnancies which could lead to abortions they get a pass while women get to bear the brunt.

If men were open to vasectomies believe me women would not be having unwanted pregnancies that may lead to abortions.

In countries where abortions are legal because of easy access to family planning and even the abortion services the rate of abortions are much lower but in countries where it is not legal it doesn't mean that it does not happen o they just go through the back door alley to get abortions which could be life threatening for them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 9:14am On Mar 07, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

What I just pointed out to cococandy. The double standard nor tire you?

You don't seem to understand my posts.

I expect all females of reproductive age, regardless of marital status to be attended to, equally.

Woman is woman, uterus is uterus, fagayina is fagayina.

Double standards means you are expecting different things of the same set of people who you separate into different groups in your mind.

I hope you understand better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

Abortion with single women is not the same as abortion among married women. When a married woman considers abortion, she's mostly gotten all the kids. You can't say the same for single women who are at risk of unwanted or undesired complications.

A complicated or bad womb to a mother of 4 is not a bad news.
How is it different when both pregnancies are undesired or do we want to kid ourselves that unmarried people don't have sex instead of looking for only married women for family planning while not make it for every woman(man) that desires it without judging them for sinning differently? That will even reduce the rate of unwanted pregnancies.

The risk and undesired complications is as a result of the fact that abortion in Nigeria is illegal so women cannot do it safely at hospitals they do it through the back door and get subjected to quacks thereby resulting to undesired complications for them.
The one's that do it abroad where it is legal how many of them did you hear of that had undesired complications?

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:

I expect all females of reproductive age, regardless of marital status to be attended to, equally.

Double standards means you are expecting different things of the same set of people who you separate into different groups in your mind.

I understood your point what I meant was that before seeing your post I pointed out to coco candy that single women don't find it easy to access family planning options like married women do and when I saw your comment I realised that someone(you) had already pointed that out.

I only concurred with your submission.

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by cococandy(f): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2022
Indeed. I could write a whole book on this matter.

And it’s not even a desire for self preservation per se. One just gets tired of sounding like a broken record saying the same thing over and over.
I’ve written a few epistles about it in the past.
Saintmary:

First I recognize your desire for self preservation that keeps you from wading into these murky waters of quasi-activism.
But I personally don't care to protect the sensitivities of people who can not offer the same to others.

Now we have single women who are not single by choice (it takes two to tango , right?)

On top of that some of these women, while still looking out for love, still have responsibilities, parents, kids etc.

It's not fair to lump every woman who happens to be sans husband as irresponsible, loose and not smart enough to be still single.

Shouldn't it be right to leave the women who are biding their time until they find favorable conditions before saying I do to their choices?

Let me use an analogy:

Rulers don't envy their subjects, because they are above them, in fact they pity them, because they are living in better conditions.

It's safe to suppose that a bully actually feels inadequate, that's why they have to compensate by picking on someone to feel bigger.

Doing everything in your power to make someone feel less, that's bullying to me, and I see these women as bullies.

I love all humans, regardless of gender or whatever demographic you belong to.

I love the institution of Marriage, in fact my idealism makes me take too much time due to my perfectionism.

But throwing strange vibes, passive-aggressive silliness over this status competition is tiring, it drains energy.

It's ridiculous.

Everyone should just live and let live, is that too much to ask?

Don't discriminate against single women, they are not the cause of your problems.
(addressing bullies directly, not you,my dear)

I don't even want to delve into infidelities and the attendant melodrama.

Please excuse my diatribe.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by cococandy(f): 9:24am On Mar 07, 2022
This
AmazonTopaz:

You know what, I think we should be advocating for male vasectomies because men can impregnate as many women at a go yet they don't get held to a standard in playing their own part in preventing unwanted pregnancies which could lead to abortions they get a pass while women get to bear the brunt.

If men were open to vasectomies believe me women would not be having unwanted pregnancies that may lead to abortions.

In countries where abortions are legal because of easy access to family planning and even the abortion services the rate of abortions are much lower but in countries where it is not legal it doesn't mean that it does not happen o they just go through the back door alley to get abortions which could be life threatening for them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by pocohantas(f): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:

Perfect, quintessential virtuous woman.

Na real wa. One person get all these qualities?
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

How is it different when both pregnancies are undesired or do we want to kid ourselves that unmarried people don't have sex instead of looking for only married women for family planning while not make it for every woman(man) that desires it without judging them for sinning differently? That will even reduce the rate of unwanted pregnancies.

The risk and undesired complications is as a result of the fact that abortion in Nigeria is illegal so women cannot do it safely at hospitals they do it through the back door and get subjected to quacks thereby resulting to undesired complications for them.
The one's that do it abroad where it is legal how many of them did you hear of that had undesired complications?

Well, I think science has provided a number of options for safe sex so anyone looking for more is just being careless or deluded. Condoms are by far the cheapest/safest form of contraceptives out there (asides from the natural withdrawal methods). There is really no excuse for unwanted pregnancies in this age and time.

As per the issue of complications, well we share the same view.
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On Mar 07, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The only problem here is that many of you won't start this sermon in your households, with your sons and brothers.
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by pocohantas(f): 9:44am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

The only problem here is that many of you won't start this sermon in your households, with your sons and brothers.

You can start it for us at your guys next meeting. Na we start the other ones for una?

5 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

Actually I have and you can as well join the crusade

6 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

I understood your point what I meant was that before seeing your post I pointed out to coco candy that single women don't find it easy to access family planning options like married women do and when I saw your comment I realised that someone(you) had already pointed that out.

I only concurred with your submission.

I'm glad you are of the same opinion.

I also think we should increase the volume to the right quarters.

Women should band together, not to tear each other down. We're not helping our situation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 9:53am On Mar 07, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Much as male vasectomy will go a long way to help reduce the pressure on women, I think we should clean up our house first.

Women should support women first

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:

Uterus is uterus but how many single ladies can gladly say yes to "hysterectomy"?? You want to do what a mother of five does with her body but when the doctor tells you to remove your womb, you will run.

The world really needs more women who are realists. Unfortunately, many of you aren't. Even some acclaimed nurses who should know better (that marital status play a lot of role in healthcare) have continually sacrificed their professional practice and knowledge on the altar of gender fight/equality.

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:

I'm glad you are of the same opinion.

I also think we should increase the volume to the right quarters.

Women should band together, not to tear each other down. We're not helping our situation.

Yes because when women support one another incredible things happen . wink

1 Like

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2022
cococandy:
Indeed. I could write a whole book on this matter.

And it’s not even a desire for self preservation per as. One just gets tired of sounding like a broken record saying the same thing over and over.
I’ve written a few epistles about it in the past.

Hmmm. I understand you.

And I hope my noise will inspire one more woman to be better.

We just have to do better.

3 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 9:58am On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Na real wa. One person get all these qualities?
cheesy cheesy

Abi naw, I'll gladly give accolades to someone who really needs it to feel better.

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 10:00am On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

You can start it for us at your guys next meeting. Na we start the other ones for una?

Which other one o, Poco?
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

Uterus is uterus but how many single ladies can gladly say yes to "hysterectomy"?? You want to do what a mother of five does with her body but when the doctor tells you to remove your womb, you will run.

The world really needs more women who are realists. Unfortunately, many of you aren't. Even some acclaimed nurses who should know better (that marital status play a lot of role in healthcare) have continually sacrificed their professional practice and knowledge on the altar of gender fight/equality.

Hmmmmm, we're not actually asking anyone to sterilize themselves, just to provide necessary care for any woman who needs it, whether she's married or not.

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Actually I have and you can as well join the crusade

When your son agrees to a vasectomy, I will consider.
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by pocohantas(f): 10:02am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

Which other one o, Poco?

All the values (mostly evil) you guys have promoted. Did you wait for women to help you spread the word? Why are you now waiting for us to help una?

Saintmary:

Abi naw, I'll gladly give accolades to some who really needs it to feel better.

Lol. Enjoyment go kill the husband with all those qualities.

2 Likes

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:

Hmmmmm, we're not actually asking anyone to sterilize themselves, just to provide necessary care for any woman who needs it, whether she's married or not.

Oh...kay!
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:06am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

You are not serious, it is not a competition it is what a same responsible man will do vasectomies are reversible and it is a man's little contribution to his own healthy family life when he assists his wife and not dump everything on her hopefully if your wife chooses to have an abortion you would not quarrel or object to it since you failed to play your own part in preventing it.

When my sons come of age they will be sane enough to do the right thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Saintmary(f): 10:07am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

Your point shifts my focus to the future.

Now, how many women, married or not, will teach their sons to go for vasectomy when it's needed?

Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by Acidosis(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

All the values (mostly evil) you guys have promoted. Did you wait for women to help you spread the word? Why are you now waiting for us to help una?

LOL. I'm for anything that will improve the life, health, and living conditions of the woman. I don't have to enforce vasectomy on anyone to achieve that.
Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2022
Acidosis:

Well, I think science has provided a number of options for safe sex so anyone looking for more is just being careless or deluded. Condoms are by far the cheapest/safest form of contraceptives out there (asides from the natural withdrawal methods). There is really no excuse for unwanted pregnancies in this age and time.

As per the issue of complications, well we share the same view.
You do know that the safe sex options are not a 100% and you do know that in Nigeria many couples don't have access to these safe methods in the abroad where science has done all the abortions still happen but family planning has helped reduce unwanted pregnanciesss but that does not mean it has eradicated it.

Another thing is that unwanted pregnancies happen so it should not really be your business to tell people what to do

1 Like

Re: Is It proper For Married Woman To Do Abortion? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2022
Saintmary:

Much as male vasectomy will go a long way to help reduce the pressure on women, I think we should clean up our house first.

Women should support women first
Absolutely smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. / What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? / Eid Ul Adha Essay Article Paragraph In Hindi English Urdu Story

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.