Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected (69440 Views)

Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People / Russian Economy In ‘shock’ Over Western Sanctions, Says Kremlin / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Sundaypaul12345: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
grin
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Anaerobi(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is getting out of hand.... The world will learn to live without Russia, but Russia will hardly survive without the world.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by FuckDModz: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
grin
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by tnerro1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
All of you happy about this fight instead of praying and hoping for a solution, you will soon buy gas for 15k for 12.5kg. Better fill all the cylinders you have now ooo
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by DDNGNG: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Efulefu(f): 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because their hypocrisy to Russia.

Why did you wrote exactely what I entered here to write?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by fabianiyobosa(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
They should be careful sha, if Google comot from Russia then they'll have to turn to Huawei phones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by simplesearch: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Just like Pharaoh when Moses bring in a plague he does same too, thereby increasing the suffering of his people. Who need Russia car in the first place when there are sufficient alternatives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Benny6944: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Putin is only consoling himself. I pity Russia, because even if Putin dies today, he has brought hardship and severe life to his people. Imagine not relating with the world.. he will understand this soon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by 147ekinmogun(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Simple Economics, you no sabi.

The ban is to protect Russian already battered Rouble. This is not a sanction, but an economic stabilization policy.

Do you remember when Buhari put restriction on FX to protect our currency and FX reserve.

Na exactly what Russian did.
You still get time to dey lecture dem Z's. grin

5 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Excell3nt: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Rare quality comment

OreMI22:
Lol......Russia is imposing sanctions on USA. grin grin grin

The sanction thing works like a fight between a billion-dollar conglomerate and a tiny company.
Using Nigeria as an instance, Dangote conglomerate can stop buying sugar cane from a major farmer in Jos, and also influence other buyers not to buy the farmer's produce. To make up the shortfall, it could invest in farmers in Cameroon or Benin to supply it with Sugar cane.

Of course the farmer can fight back by refusing to buy Dangote cement for his one-room shack construction project. However in reality, Dangote can ruin the farmer by blocking 100% of its income while the farmer cannot even hurt 1% of Dangote's business in Jos alone.

Russia is about the size of Texas's economy. Worse still, it is not as innovative as Japan in high-tech goods critically needed in the USA. Therefore, it has almost nothing EXCEPT GAS! Unfortunately, it cannot afford to stop selling its oil and gas because 100% of its income comes from there too. Not to mention that USA has its own abundant oil and gas supplies too.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by goodheart01: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because their hypocrisy to Russia.

These Russian bans mean nothing. There are other buyers.

It’s similar to saying a person refuses to buy something from a particular seller, but there will be and are other people who will still buy from that same seller. No be only Russia be customer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Ogaga87(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

Go and give the real state of things as it happens in Ukraine since you believe it's propaganda..
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Legendoo: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
Enlightened self interest trump's economics .

My advanced analytical Nigerian bros from the school of comparative advantage should receive sense.

Whenever you read about international politics, always think, how will this affect us, how can we profit.

Not the usual over Sabi analysis.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by IkemChris(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
The greatest gainers in this war is the Asians especially the Chinese... They remained neutral so as to gain from all sides of the market.... Smart people

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ken6488(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Problem
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by GlobalWay: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
grin Putin the real Comedian with over-bloated senseless ego.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by BKayy: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
gambia:
Putin will be disgraced at last.
This is the end of an era.
The end of British/USA empire. It happens to all empires at last.

Capitalism will suffer huge blow after this conflict. The poor will rise against the 5%

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by WoundedLamb: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
I know the title calls it a hit back, but it's actually a survival move. They didn't place the ban to cripple the West. They placed the ban primarily to save thier own economy first. A dying economy can hardly cripple anyone. Besides, nothing in the Russian history shows they're great economists. China is the only country that can play this game with the West.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by useni1: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
The west is finish. Welcome to the new world. China and Russia please take the lead. Europe and America evil past caught up with them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by chopnaira: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Russia makes auto product. Interesting.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Imagine the woman selling okpa in your street banning you from coming to her shop. Meanwhile there are 18 other okpa shops in the same street you patronize before coming to hers.

It's not as easy as that... Procurement of raw materials takes a long process, especially if there are very few suppliers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by chopnaira: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
fabianiyobosa:
They should be careful sha, if Google comot from Russia then they'll have to turn to Huawei phones
China is set to take over Russia as e dey go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Eriokanmi: 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Lol. These countries aren't as myopic as many youths here are. They must have weighed all these before sanctioning Russia. They'd always cope without Russia. The law of comparative advantage favours the west more than it favours Russia. Read about the History of IKEA and Germany timber industry. It's huge!

Many of us always blame Nigeria for exporting crude and import refined products...it's in a bid to give those countries without oil or any means of survival too food to eat. There are a lot of diplomacy at play globally, which many of us don't even understand, except global leaders and their ambassadors. America can survive a century of constant energy supply without looking at Saudi or Russia. But for the aforementioned, they'd not touch their crude. Russia would lose at last

7 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ken045501: 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
This ain’t okpa business crack head . Fucc off if you don’t know what to comment

2 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Kokaine(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
But can they survive alone?
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by jrusky(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Pls remove this nonsense post here.

Bullshit, 48 countries my foot who need Russia stuffs except 3rd world countries.

Fuc-King shit post. Not only 48 countries na 100 countries.

I think you are being paid to be posting this thrash?

Nonsense!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Bigchristo: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60689279
There’s nothing like hit back here they’re trying to stabilize their economy by hurting international inflow of good into their country as a bid to make their currency have value.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by internet: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
U need sense bro. Stay away from drugs especially mkpuru miri it will help u a lot okay. Ode

6 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Gfrey6(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Pgateway:
What is your religion?

This fight has shown that religion is the reason for various types of support

You are perfectly right

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns / Israeli Forces Hit Hamas Military Intelligence Centre, Many Feared Dead / Israel Airstrikes Kill Jehad Mheisen, Hamas' Head Of National Security Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.