Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected (69461 Views)

Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People / Russian Economy In ‘shock’ Over Western Sanctions, Says Kremlin / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Dynamicboss: 8:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because of their hypocrisy to Russia.

Rice that used to be N5,000 per bag after banning experienced astronomical price increase of 500%. Even the local rice is dragging foot with the ban rice illegally brought into the country.

Read carefully what I wrote above and will realize that Russia is scoring an own goal.

Cheers..
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by neuf(m): 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
ken6488:
World power

Economic and military control beyond
country

China by 2030 would have been a world power

you're calling China world power in 2022 for a scenario that may or may not happen in 2030.

smh
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Dynamicboss: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:
The Poverty that willl hit UK in the next 5 years will be hard ,so hard they will need handouts from America

SMH! International students in Russia have become daylight beggars and Russia citizens are already becoming broke.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by wallrichy: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
In a layman understanding, Russia is fighting tooth and nail to stabilise her economy and that's only if the economy can ever be stabilised. To the main information, most of those export were been imported into Russia previously from Western countries etc......but due to comparative advantage analysis of producing and exporting to Russia.....Russia started producing and exporting to those countries vice Versa........so therefore, Russia should shut up and stop all these propaganda.

OFFICIAL336:

Simple Economics, you no sabi.

The ban is to protect Russian already battered Rouble. This is not a sanction, but an economic stabilization policy.

Do you remember when Buhari put restriction on FX to protect our currency and FX reserve.

Na exactly what Russian did.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by dappydozzy(m): 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
Pgateway:
What is your religion?

This fight has shown that religion is the reason for various types of support

Religion aside, don't bring religion into this issues, I am Christian, and I am well versed in World history, the west are hypocrites, every effort u see every foreign policy is based on national or regional interests, they are black kettle calling kettle black, is it the US that has not invaded other countries or Germany. If I were the president Nigeria will be a military power, and I will speak to the west not minding whose ox is gored. I will tell them you the west you are all hypocrites, that is why China will never support the west on issues. When arguing don't bring religious sentiments to it, ague logically based on history and what is on ground. Do you think religion is in heaven no, everyone will be judged based on his deeds, by the time, the last moment death you already know where you belong.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by kumulus(m): 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
oyeb15:
The West will fall. Something will soon happen to Saudi oil export and crude will become scarce in World market. Russia will sell theirs through black market. Nigeria is already under producing. Crude will reach like $300per barrel and the west will begin to cry.

New oil money is sitting above $150-$200/barrel, oil made what I would call Absolute Reset during the COVID-19 pandemic by going into the negatives. It just has to rebalance it's books to around $85 - $78 a barrel before flying, that's if there's no imbalance along the way. The saving grace for the West would be their gold reserves.

This is the best time for Nigerians to demand for all oil wells to be nationalized and new policies be drafted to deter sabotaging foreign drilling coys
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by OFFICIAL336: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mccullum:

What ever the advantages it'll give to Russia, it's still sanction to West products and services, simple as that.
It's not a sanction The policy is more of economics than politics.

The policy will also affect China, their biggest trading partner. It's a FOREX restriction to save their economy but Mother Russia packaged it as a sanction so that their citizens will feel the government is doing something.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by wallrichy: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
[I can feel your anger my friend but I support you all the way. People should realise that it's not every write up you must contribute. Atimes you might not understand or probably the write up is too difficult for your understanding. Just shut up and stay zombie instead of blabbing like one of Buhari cows in ASO Rock....Cool my friend. Peace to you....

...quote author=mpire post=110924740]

Why are you guys so stu.pid? You live in a lawless country that an average Nigerian lives on less than $1 a day. Here predicting what again? Most of you on NL are iidiots, clueless, confused, ignorant and just too re.tarded.[/quote]
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Czario: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
Benny6944:
Putin is only consoling himself. I pity Russia, because even Putin dies today, he has brought hardship and severe life to his people. Imagine not relating with the world.. he will understand this soon

If Putin dies a western puppet would be installed and all sanctions will disappear
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by sunshine1974(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Halopy:
80% of Russia supporters here on Nairaland are muslims and they are supporting Russia without any reasonable reason than for their hate against the west. Why not think about your own country, can Nigeria stand even 2days of invasion of such magnitude? Una go dey here dey show unnecessary hatred for America, and Uk. yet una country will still go cap in hand to the same west to collect aid. Shame!
that's how one of my stupid Muslim friend will be typing rubbish in our WhatsApp group, yet he is in the US living the American dream. I ask him all the time the same west he hate so much is the one giving him a good life. Useless people

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by peropoliet(m): 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
OreMI22:
Lol......Russia is imposing sanctions on USA. grin grin grin

The sanction thing works like a fight between a billion-dollar conglomerate and a tiny company.
Using Nigeria as an instance, Dangote conglomerate can stop buying sugar cane from a major farmer in Jos, and also influence other buyers not to buy the farmer's produce. To make up the shortfall, it could invest in farmers in Cameroon or Benin to supply it with Sugar cane.

Of course the farmer can fight back by refusing to buy Dangote cement for his one-room shack construction project. However in reality, Dangote can ruin the farmer by blocking 100% of its income while the farmer cannot even hurt 1% of Dangote's business in Jos alone.

Russia is about the size of Texas's economy. Worse still, it is not as innovative as Japan in high-tech goods critically needed in the USA. Therefore, it has almost nothing EXCEPT GAS! Unfortunately, it cannot afford to stop selling its oil and gas because 100% of its income comes from there too. Not to mention that USA has its own abundant oil and gas supplies too.
you spoke with hatred in your heart but your opinion doesn't count
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Tellwhat: 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
neuf:

You need to understand the politicking at play and see things from an unbiased perspective. This people don't necessarily care about right or wrong it's about their country's self interest. I don't support either of them and wish them peace but you've to understand that Russia won't sit down and let their closest neighbors jeopardize their future and security by teaming up with NATO, not even the USA will permit that if Canada decides to misbehave and align with the communism with a possible agenda of posing a threat towards them

You say this and you talk about an unbiased perspective. When has NATO ever attack Russia or the US fight with Russia?
It has never happened before.
Instead what you'll find is corporation whenever both meets. Case in point: Syria.

So what security are you talking about Ukraine jeopardising by using its sovereign right to choose who she associate with?

You guys let one man paranoia to cloud your judgement and you're talking about unbiased perspective.
One word bro NATO. why do you think NATO was formed?.. to checkmate the power of USSR.
Now USSR is no more but NATO no gree. Once Ukraine join NATO it's game over for Russia. NATO will have access to nuear power plants that belonged to former USSR and also be able to plant weapons in Ukraine. Missile wey suppose take 25 minutes to enter Russia go take few seconds to enter from Ukraine to Russia. Spits either Russia stop NATO and Ukraine now or face the consequences in the future

US did this same nonsense in 1962 against Cuba and nobody put mouth.

What most Africans like you are blind to see is that in life "there is no permanent friends or even permanent enemies but permanent interests".
This same Ukraine the West is campaigning for was at one time the biggest adversary to USA while they were still a Soviet republic. Russia itself dey learn work for hostility towards USA during those days compared to Ukraine.

Japan plunge the world to WW2 until two nuclear bombs reset their brain, they are now very close allies to USA in the Asia Pacific as a means of containing China.
The same China the Japan terrorise and enslave those days.

You talk of sovereign rights? That's just grammer. Human construct. What about the sovereign rights of ethnic Russians tied to Ukraine that has enough grounds to get their independence and be sovereign too get they're being forced to remain

Are you in support of the granting Biafrans or odudua nation their sovereign rights?

The innocent will suffer but this is just a game of self interest to the men at the top. No Devi no angel

2 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by neuf(m): 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Tellwhat:

One word bro NATO. why do you think NATO was formed?.. to checkmate the power of USSR.
Now USSR is no more but NATO no gree. Once Ukraine join NATO it's game over for Russia. NATO will have access to nuear power plants that belonged to former USSR and also be able to plant weapons in Ukraine. Missile wey suppose take 25 minutes to enter Russia go take few seconds to enter from Ukraine to Russia. Spits either Russia stop NATO and Ukraine now or face the consequences in the future

US did this same nonsense in 1962 against Cuba and nobody put mouth.

What most Africans like you are blind to see is that in life "there is no permanent friends or even permanent enemies but permanent interests".
This same Ukraine the West is campaigning for was at one time the biggest adversary to USA while they were still a Soviet republic. Russia itself dey learn work for hostility towards USA during those days compared to Ukraine.

Japan plunge the world to WW2 until two nuclear bombs reset their brain, they are now very close allies to USA in the Asia Pacific as a means of containing China.
The same China the Japan terrorise and enslave those days.

You talk of sovereign rights? That's just grammer. Human construct. What about the sovereign rights of ethnic Russians tied to Ukraine that has enough grounds to get their independence and be sovereign too get they're being forced to remain

Are you in support of the granting Biafrans or odudua nation their sovereign rights?

The innocent will suffer but this is just a game of self interest to the men at the top. No Devi no angel

Simple questions, una no go answer instead you will run around the Bush up and down.

when has NATO attacked Russia? no answer

Do you Know Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania? All former USSR member states. All sharing border with Russia yet they are all in NATO but no missiles are being placed there. So why should they suddenly want Ukraine just to place missiles there.
The same Ukraine that they rejected their request to join in 2008. Abi missiles wasn't invented in 2008?

to talk with you guys is like talking to a brick wall. No sense of reasoning critically at all but will be the first to talk about unbiased perspective.

I'm sure down the line you'll say western propaganda

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Bluffly: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because of their hypocrisy to Russia.
Cripple indeed. Open your eyes.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Fourwinds: 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
BKayy:

This is the end of an era.
The end of British/USA empire. It happens to all empires at last.

Capitalism will suffer huge blow after this conflict. The poor will rise against the 5%

Wake up from your sleep..you be Joseph the dreamer

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Tellwhat: 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
neuf:

Simple questions, una no go answer instead you will run around the Bush up and down.

Do you Know Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania? All former USSR member states. All sharing border with Russia yet they are all in NATO but no missiles are being placed there. So why should they suddenly want Ukraine just to place missiles there.
The same Ukraine that they rejected their request to join in 2008. Abi missiles wasn't invented in 2008?

to talk with you guys is like talking to a brick wall. No sense of reasoning critically at all but will be the first to talk about unbiased perspective.

Why does NATO keep expanding territories and why did they reject russian and Ukraine's request to join in the past. Also go read about the Minsk agreement. Why did USA deal with Cuba aggressively. I done tire for this arguement. Let's just agee to disagree or whatever

Maybe you should face a brick wall and nack your head there. I'm sure you will get to reason more critically since you've had similar experience before

Adiós amigo

3 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by IMAliyu(m): 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
BKayy:

Are you a Christian?

If you are, u believe you remember Joseph policy in Egypt when there was famine.

You do right? That is how communism work. It feeds on crisis and the saved resources by the government offsets the unforseen economic attacks on the state. Joseph was a Communist.

You can't crush a communist government by mere sanctions, that is why Russia is still exporting cheap food to countries eg Pakistan.

Before Russia started her own sanction, the West have already started the effect of her own sanction on Russia all thanks to capitalism.
In all, communism feeds on loyalty while capitalism feeds on the poor. With this you can tell who can survive economic sanctions. You now understand why North Korea is still standing after being freezed from the world.
Russia is no longer a communist state.
Putin was one of the guys that fought to keep the communists from taking back power in Russia after the Soviet collapse.

All modern communist states depend on authoritarianism, to maintain control of their people, not loyalty.

North Korea, has faced famines that has killed 230k-3m of it's people since 1993, after the Soviet collapse. The only reason NK still stands to this day and has not collapsed in on itself is China.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by neuf(m): 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
Tellwhat:

Why does NATO keep expanding territories and why did they reject russian and Ukraine's request to join in the past. Also go read about the Minsk agreement. Why did USA deal with Cuba aggressively. I done tire for this arguement. Let's just agee to disagree or whatever

Maybe you should face a brick wall and nack your head there. I'm sure you will get to reason more critically since you've had similar experience before

Adiós amigo

You know first thing about having unbiased perspective is to look at both sides.

I'm going to answer your questions even though you haven't answered mine and then I won't reply you again.

- Because NATO has an open policy for any European country to join the Alliance. It first started from the PPP which provided aid to Warsaw Pact countries in order to lead Europe economic recovery.

- Because like any organisation, it's on the perogative of the members to decide who joins and who doesn't. I don't know how that simple fact is so hard for you people to understand.
Like is it every association you can join? Does that mean those ones that you can't wants to kill you?
Is it every country you apply for visa that will grant you one? Does that mean those countries want to assassinate you?

Simple critical thinking. jeeez
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ekevwe(m): 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:

Kindly check Russia inflation rate for a war that's half scaled presently. Check and see it's far higher than present Nigeria inflation rate. UK is just 7%.

It's a simple mathematics. Russia will start feeling the hits. Their citizens will come out to protest soon.

War lost already. Watch and see. I am not a prophet but this I have seen
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by idahme(m): 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
frankson1:

Who's feeding you guys with this info undecided

Always fact check before disproving someone's assertion if you don't know.

The answer to your question is give in the link below.

https://www.investopedia.com/investing/worlds-top-oil-producers/
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Caseless: 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Jesuck people
don't allow the fools to guide you astray. Wallahi Jesus(AS) is ours and we love and believe in him as a prophet of Allah just like we believe and love prophet Muhammad(s.a.w).
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Caseless: 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
ekevwe:

Kindly check Russia inflation rate for a war that's half scaled presently. Check and see it's far higher than present Nigeria inflation rate. UK is just 7%.

It's a simple mathematics. Russia will start feeling the hits. Their citizens will come out to protest soon.

War lost already. Watch and see. I am not a prophet but this I have seen
you're not seeing anything. Putin prepared for the aftermath of his invasion than the west did - I'm sure they didn't think their own sanctions will reverberate.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Caseless: 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
neuf:

are there native Russians in those countries you mentioned? Is Russian spoken in those countries? Ukraine is more strategic to Russia than those countries you mentioned.

If Ukraine wasn't part of NATO, why did they join the alliance to invade Iraq?
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Caseless: 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Imagine the woman selling okpa in your street banning you from coming to her shop. Meanwhile there are 18 other okpa shops in the same street you patronize before coming to hers.

so, Mr economist, in your tilted estimation, it's only Russia that benefits from trade relations with the UK? It's both ways.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by bigman001(m): 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
Reinvented:

He is obviously a muslim, Munir is islamic name.
Is Russia an Islamic Country? why do we have some set of sadist that are religious bigot yet they are even more unholy than the people they criticize. Make una borrow una self some brain , this is not a religious fight. Una problem for Nigeria self pass the WAR you are not discussing on how we can have a better country na racist countries wey no send una u dey carry their matter for head. Do you think if Nigeria is at WAR them go send Una? they will wait for everyone to nearly finish before them interfere just to take over the refinery among other things.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by kissdabride: 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Those you hate are doing pretty much well....they don't even know if you exist
Muslim fanatics.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by neuf(m): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Caseless:
are there native Russians in those countries you mentioned? Is Russian spoken in those countries? Ukraine is more strategic to Russia than those countries you mentioned.

If Ukraine wasn't part of NATO, why did they join the alliance to invade Iraq?

are you guy allergic to the Internet or something?
or just making stupid take online is where you derive satisfaction from??
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by kissdabride: 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:
The Poverty that willl hit UK in the next 5 years will be hard ,so hard they will need handouts from America
You think say UK na sambisa your village......always envying the west

Muslim fanatic.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by deltaprincess(f): 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
OreMI22:
Lol......Russia is imposing sanctions on USA. grin grin grin

The sanction thing works like a fight between a billion-dollar conglomerate and a tiny company.
Using Nigeria as an instance, Dangote conglomerate can stop buying sugar cane from a major farmer in Jos, and also influence other buyers not to buy the farmer's produce. To make up the shortfall, it could invest in farmers in Cameroon or Benin to supply it with Sugar cane.

Of course the farmer can fight back by refusing to buy Dangote cement for his one-room shack construction project. However in reality, Dangote can ruin the farmer by blocking 100% of its income while the farmer cannot even hurt 1% of Dangote's business in Jos alone.

Russia is about the size of Texas's economy. Worse still, it is not as innovative as Japan in high-tech goods critically needed in the USA. Therefore, it has almost nothing EXCEPT GAS! Unfortunately, it cannot afford to stop selling its oil and gas because 100% of its income comes from there too. Not to mention that USA has its own abundant oil and gas supplies too.

Olodo!!

30% of Russias income comes from gas not 100%. Do you think Russia is as dormant as your country?

Russia remains a major exporter of military hardware, timber, mechanized hardware,etc..
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by maasoap(m): 11:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Reinvented:

He is obviously a muslim, Munir is islamic name.

I hope you know how those racists are treating legal immigrants at the moment, they don't care about your fvcking religion. All what you have to be is black or a person of colour
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by maasoap(m): 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
Babalawoniger:
Russia is going through a lot. Putin never envisiege this kind of harsh sanction. He thought it was going to be business as usual.
War, u no win, economy is nosediving, and u need money to prosecute the war. The man has been trapped.

This statement looks like someone is consoling himself, you should be more concerned about what Ukraine will look like after the dust might have settled down
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by gowaga68: 11:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
You quoted "Russia is the UK's 19th largest trading partner, with trade between the two nations totalling £15.9bn."
but forgot to understand the meaning of Largest trading partner don't forget it wasn't stated as dependant o.

foryourmindlol:

[s]Imagine the woman selling okpa in your street banning you from coming to her shop. Meanwhile there are 18 other okpa shops in the same street you patronize before coming to hers.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns / Israeli Forces Hit Hamas Military Intelligence Centre, Many Feared Dead / Israel Airstrikes Kill Jehad Mheisen, Hamas' Head Of National Security Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.