Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected (69459 Views)

Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People / Russian Economy In ‘shock’ Over Western Sanctions, Says Kremlin / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by TWoods(m): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because of their hypocrisy to Russia.

I’m willing to bet if you had free choice between the UK and Russian passports, you’d pick the UK passport.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by BKayy: 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
huptin:

See hen, greed is as natural to humans as thirst, if those oligarchs are stifled by the west they will go back to Russia and somehow still find a way to deprive ordinary Russians their share of their country's patrimony.

Communism Is utopian, Human greed can never allow it to work!
Oh so you know all these things and you commented what you did before.

Yes I know that there has never been a perfect communism. There might not even be one because of human nature but the worst of Communism to the average population is better than the best of Capitalism.

There is nothing wrong is working to get the best on earth BTW. There is nothing wrong in dreams.

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Andrenalin: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
BKayy:
We warned them.

Russia haven't started and silent revolution is brewing in USA. The masses have realised that capitalism is a scam to protect Thieves who feed on poor peoples blood.

Look at the increase in gas price since the start of Ukraine conflict even though Moscow have not started her own sanctions.

I told you people that it is producers vs Consumers.

Is better than declaring full blown war with Russia that may lead to score of death. Better to cry than to die. Over time they will adjust...
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by BKayy: 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
Andrenalin:

Is better than declaring full blown war with Russia that may lead to score of death. Better to cry than to die. Over time they will adjust...
"They will adjust" at the expense of Africa

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Tellwhat: 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
neuf:

Guess the country that's championing a two state solution to Israel Palestine war? The much hated US that's a bully while China and Russia keep quiet.
If that makes the news here, the same you guys will come here and start quoting end time. US is enemy of Israel yen yen yen.

Ukraine did nothing wrong. Is it that most of you only had smartphone after 2014 or something?
In 2008, this same Ukraine filled out a request to join NATO. Russia did nothing, No region broke out, Crimea was still under Ukraine.
NATO rejected their request.
2010 election as it is normal in every country, every leader has its own opinion, the new President promised to make Ukraine join the EU but not NATO. 4 years into his reign, when Parliament had iron out of the wrinkles in Ukraine effort to join the EU, He enacted on his earlier promise.

When Ukrainian took to streets to protest, again as it is normal in any country, what did he do, send the military to suppress the protest.
this lead to riot and the people demanded he resign. He did and exiled to Russia.

Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, as if that wasn't enough, the backed the seperatists to destabilise Ukraine.

So where in all this is Ukraine fault??

Your first statement is laughable

Anyways Trying to go against the Minsk agreement . Both sides have violated their agreements and Russia being the big dog wants to punish Ukraine.

Hope you know that those so called seperatists are ethnic Russians and speak Russia even more than they understand Ukraine. There's report that ukraine has been unjust towards them and have killed thousands of them

You need to understand the politicking at play and see things from an unbiased perspective. This people don't necessarily care about right or wrong it's about their country's self interest. I don't support either of them and wish them peace but you've to understand that Russia won't sit down and let their closest neighbors jeopardize their future and security by teaming up with NATO, not even the USA will permit that if Canada decides to misbehave and align with the communism with a possible agenda of posing a threat towards them

All in all I'm not interested in talking about this again. Besides there's so much happening in our land. Even our fellow Africans the Congolese are going through hell in the hands of Belgians and Europeans. Our focus should be there most don't know about what's going on in Congo
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Andrenalin: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
Anaerobi:
This is getting out of hand.... The world will learn to live without Russia, but Russia will hardly survive without the world.

Exactly! Russia is about to crash.... Putin can't win this war, they will be forever be isolated and discriminated. Like if you are a Russian you will be like outcast...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by bepositive11: 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
dasparrow:
Let's keep watching as all these wahala continues to unfold. Sanctions upon sanctions. Can these folks - Russia and China - just settle their disputes already?

Seriously. They should just settle. Covid had done more than enough damage. Can't these people just let things go back to normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by sirjoe1124(m): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
oyeb15:
The West will fall. Something will soon happen to Saudi oil export and crude will become scarce in World market. Russia will sell theirs through black market. Nigeria is already under producing. Crude will reach like $300per barrel and the west will begin to cry.
US and UK has oil
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by twosquare(m): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
huptin:

What you wrote would have made sense if Putin had been practicing real communism, he was keeping majority of Russian poor, while having a horde of stinking rich overfed oligarchs close to him.

Western countries are striking those oligarchs directly, the poor can survive poverty, they always have been poor, but you see the rich? They are weak, they can't even endure a small dip in their fortunes, they can get easily suicidal, Putin is aware of this that is why he has kept himself holed up somewhere away from easy access.

The oligarchs when things get harder will incite the poor and Putin will get more desperate. At the end of the day the west will achieve what they had always wanted, a poor Russia that would not be able to rise against them, because she will be too busy trying to rebuild her economy!
lol... Ask the Alibaba guy first wazzup
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by hamafok: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2022

Stay charged up, Never run out of juice with the amazing Jo+way 40,000mah..

Dual ports, LED display, 22.5w fastcharge.

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Contact number below

1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by caye(m): 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Lol.

Many of us always blame Nigeria for exporting crude and import refined products...it's in a bid to give those countries without oil or any means of survival too food to eat.

Immediately I saw this statement, I knew that a small pikin, with no knowledge of the underground sabotage of Nigeria by foreign and home economic hitmen(terrorists) was talking.
Case closed
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by seunayantokun(m): 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
Russia is going down if Putin doesn't change his position while the rest of the world, including Buharistically battered Nigeria, will temporarily feel the pains a bit.

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Imagine the woman selling okpa in your street banning you from coming to her shop. Meanwhile there are 18 other okpa shops in the same street you patronize before coming to hers.

Meanwhile Russia has nothing to sell apart from oil and Kalashinov AK-47.
According to Zoo commentator!
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Femi8586(m): 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Pgateway:
What is your religion?

This fight has shown that religion is the reason for various types of support

The guy is a Muslim. They support Russia because of their hatred for Isreal and US

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by jaxxy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Good one how I wish the ban may cripple UK Government, I hate them a lot because of their hypocrisy to Russia.

This will make it even worse for Russia. Their economy will crash to the point Putin wish he never invaded a democratic sovereign state in his life.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by HelipsTech: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ykc2:
you don't mean it ,wow Russia got nothing to sell apart from ak 47 ?nigeria way of thinking �even the helicopters nigerian government is using to fight boko haram is all from russia,ok tell me wetin nigeria dey export to Russia �you guys will not kill me with laugh,even Indian as a country depend on Russia for their air defence against China,�������

Oga aside the AKs Boko Ha ram da use nothing wa Nigeria Da benefit from Russia, our super tucano come from U S
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by msrcusgarvey6(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Some one who lived in both hemisphere is more free to talk what's on ground
Tellwhat:

You sound naive. You've to look at the bigger picture.

What goes on in Russia isn't entirely our busines. With or without your support the Russian people will be fine.

Do you think you've a better standard of living than the average Russian?

What makes you think Putin is one big of crazy tyrant. Because of western media brainwashing?

If you don't know majority of the Russian people are in support of what Putin is doing.

The Russian people don't necessarily want war and neither does Putin but they've to do what they need to for their countries interest and since NATO/US with Ukraine wants to renegade against the Minsk agreement

Stop being naive like the average Nigerian. And trying to wound woke.m. Have you ever condemned what the Israelites are doing to the Palestinians? Or wrong is only wrong when the west your colonial masters tell you its wrong

Are you aware thousands are dieing in Congo due to their God given mineral resources. Why is African media not reporting much about the war in Ethiopia

All this international politicking should make Africans and its leaders understand how this countries fight for their self interest and how they value fellow Europeans a lot unlike Africans that don't have regard for themselves
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by sunkoye: 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Of course Putin knew it's not going to affect anyone....but he need to do something for Russians to see that he is making effort.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by endy231: 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
What if Putin is killed by his own loyalist and the invasion in Ukraine stops, would the sanctions by rolled back? grin
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Imagine the woman selling okpa in your street banning you from coming to her shop. Meanwhile there are 18 other okpa shops in the same street you patronize before coming to hers.

Dont mind fools who do no research but come to a public forum to celebrate their ignorance. cheered on by 199 other fools

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Tellwhat: 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
jimtemi1:
Russia Vs Ukraine and NATO:
Before I went to sleep, my wife said to me: This Russia is such a bad country, If Ukraine wants to join NATO, it is their business and freedom, Russia has no right to intervene, this is just an excuse for Russia to invade Ukarine. So I said nothing, I just went to the kitchen and took a knife to bedside, then I said: Let’s go to sleep.
My wife looked at me with her wide eyes: What the heck are you doing, sleeping with a knife?!?! I said: No worry, let’s go to sleep. Beside, sleeping with a knife is none of your business and it is my freedom.
My wife said: How can I sleep when you are sleeping with a knife? What if you accidentally cut me? I said: Well, You don’t even trust your own husband, how can you expect Russia to trust Ukraine? Me sleeping with a knife is like Ukraine joining the NATO.
cheesy cheesy ah ah
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by mauchiz: 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
War is not good, there is nothing like peace, war is expensive, by the time you know now, if China does not behave itself, they will place sanctions on them, Nigeria will enter one chance.

Let's better start praying, our economy was very bad before this war started, I don't know what will happen as it continues.
Let's pray for Europe, war in Europe is a war on our economy, it will affect us.

Please let's keep praying for peace, this is my little advice.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by msrcusgarvey6(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
What will be the future of Ukraine as RUSSIA falls economically
huptin:

What you wrote would have made sense if Putin had been practicing real communism, he was keeping majority of Russian poor, while having a horde of stinking rich overfed oligarchs close to him.

Western countries are striking those oligarchs directly, the poor can survive poverty, they always have been poor, but you see the rich? They are weak, they can't even endure a small dip in their fortunes, they can get easily suicidal, Putin is aware of this that is why he has kept himself holed up somewhere away from easy access.

The oligarchs when things get harder will incite the poor and Putin will get more desperate. At the end of the day the west will achieve what they had always wanted, a poor Russia that would not be able to rise against them, because she will be too busy trying to rebuild her economy!
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Tellwhat: 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
twosquare:
lol... Ask the Alibaba guy first wazzup
Good question. I pity that guy. Just disappear

I'm sure most common Russians don't like the oligarchs

Despite how many northerners like dangote I don't think they're ready to support him against Nigerian government or president
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by Psalmistproject: 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
ManirBK:
Countries make money via export. That's wer they get foreign reserve.
Putin is lashing out and it's obvious he has ditched his economic team.
The good news is that the war will end when one side runs out of funds to finance arm procurement. Ukraine is enjoying for now.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by SeunNotOwner: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
Babalawoniger:
Russia is going through a lot. Putin never envisiege this kind of harsh sanction. He thought it was going to be business as usual.
War, u no win, economy is nosediving, and u need money to prosecute the war. The man has been trapped.

Maybe it's war to bring western nations to remove all sanctions from Russia,
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ManirBK: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
TWoods:

I’m willing to bet if you had free choice between the UK and Russian passports, you’d pick the UK passport.
yes bro true talk but it pains me how the Western nations group together just to cripple Russia is that means that they are all not war criminals
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ManirBK: 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kelvin3476:
U.K VISA OR RUSSIAN VISA ?
UK bro
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by mpire: 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
[s]
ManirBK:
[/s]

Typical NL dumb.ass, always talking without making sense.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by msrcusgarvey6(m): 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
Some one should analyse Ukraine's conditions in all these please
huptin:

So why were the Russian oligarchs putting all their money in the same west? The capitalist countries are far richer and live far better than your utopian communist countries.

Why is Abrahamovic crying now? Do you know how much of Russia's foreign reserves is in dollars? $650mn and half of it has been frozen! How much of America's dollars is in rubbles?

When Russian start starving to death without essential commodities, you will know human beings are the same whether communist or capitalist.

Stop hyping Russia, it is a poor country that used it's limited wealth to pile up nukes rather than wealth, now that other countries are hitting it hard, Russia will have no option but to either sell it's nukes to feed or simply eat them.
Re: Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected by ManirBK: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
ttmacoy:
When are you moving to Russia?
no chance bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns / Israeli Forces Hit Hamas Military Intelligence Centre, Many Feared Dead / Israel Airstrikes Kill Jehad Mheisen, Hamas' Head Of National Security Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.