Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,377 members, 7,884,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 04:27 PM

Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? (16725 Views)

Top 5 Differences Between Infatuation And Love / How To Know The Difference Between Love, Infatuation And Lust ! / Difference Between Love,lost,infatuation And Body Chemistry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2011
the last time i practically checked they all meant the same thing. cos presently, i love my girl, i am infatuated with her and i lust after all her sweet accessories (as a woman),

love is not perfect, so is lust and infatuation.
love makes u sacrifice something, so is lust and infatuation,
love is exciting and satisfactory, so it lust and infatuation,
there cant be love without lust and infatuation,
if u claim u love ur partner and u are not infatuated with his or her, or u dont lust for his almost perfect body build, his full lips, her perfectly shaped bosoom, or well shaped ass, or dont feel your heart momentarily stop at a seconds sight of her laps, his abs, he navel, etc then u dont even have a feeling for him or her. Gbam.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
My thoughts

Lust = Takes care of the physical body only
Infatuation = Confusion between love and lust
Love =Takes care of body, soul and spirit

I choose love bcz Love =death (that is what you mean by sacrifice)
Best eg.
a)JC
b)Romeo and Juliet in shakespear
smiley

1 Like

Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Nekai(f): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
upendo 98:

My thoughts

Lust = Takes care of the physical body only
Infatuation = Confusion between love and lust
Love =Takes care of body, soul and spirit
I choose love bcz Love =death (that is what you mean by sacrifice)
Best eg.
a)JC
b)Romeo and Juliet in shakespear
smiley

kiss

Lust is about you.
Love is about the other person.
Infatuation is about the other person you only think you know.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by emofine(f): 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
love endures, lust is temporary.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by miccodb(m): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2011
all na same jawe! diff lingo.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
miccodb:

all na same jawe! diff lingo.

thank u jor,  i really dont know what they r talking up there.

Lust is about you ------------sory hony, everything is about u
Love is about the other person -------------------then what happens to u?
Infatuation is about the other person you only think you know --------ya it all starts from somewhere

Lust = Takes care of the physical body only ------------------- the physical make is the food for love
Infatuation = Confusion between love and lust ---------------- go back and check the meaning of infatuation
Love =Takes care of body, soul and spirit ------------------------ when the physival body is satisfied, the soul is happy
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^^^
by the way everybody can interpret those 3 to suit their minds you know.
Another person may say lust is the same as love. Why becoz he wants to be convinced that what he feels is love nt lust so it all depends on how you want to interpret it. if it suits you fine thts you.
I know where your heading wth this.
1.C,you look at a woman and you get physically attracted to her by her nice body.That we can call lust at that stage.Theres nothing wrong wth that after all beauty is God given. Now if all you succeed in doing is get to lay down wth her then you take off, it still remains lust. Why? cz all you were interested in was the physical body that u got attracted to in the first place. So we can as well say you lusted after her.

2.Now after youv lusted after her and you try to get to know her well ie her emotional being ,her physical being as well as her spiritual being ,then you start growing in love. C, you have gone beyond the physical (lust)and embraced the non-physical.
That to me is what I call wholeness .It includes body,soul and spirit.
So you can see that lust is just a hit and run affair while love is stronger and durable cz there is more to a person than just the physical body.
We are not just bodies walking around mind you.
So to answer you,yes all those matter but it depends on how far you want a relationship to go.If its a hit and run or lasting affair.
cheers

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2011
Na wa oo this girl na something else. A very good articulate counselor. We'll talk better at the other side 2mor. I'm beginning to fall for u already
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2011
@upendo98
u are trying to seperate the two. one things with us humans is that we always try to create a fantasy world, so as to make us feel good in this crazy world.

all i am trying to say is that i have come to find out that the three work hand in hand, if u love someone, the love wont be smooth without the burning lust and infatuation within u. prove me wrong, insteaad of seperating them.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2011
^^^
Not even the 2 lets add infatuation into the mix.You said I got it wrong.Well we all get infatuated at one point or another.
I believe infatuation is a state of proper confusion where ur unable to distinguish btw love and lust. Thts why u hear that term often among school kids.
They get infatuated and fall into 'puppy love'which they think is true love yet its not.Its just [b]lust.[/b]True love stands the test of time.
Now I want to eliminate infatuation and focus on love and lust.
The 2 are completley different yet necessary for a relationship.The only diffrence here is that one lasts longer while the other doenst.
When you ask people that have been married for ages wht keeps the flame burning they will say its LOVE not LUST why? becoz they have come to understand thet a human being is not just the body and for a relationship to work and last you need to work and strengthen those other 3 areas I talked about ie body ,soul and spirit.
What I can say is that if you want a durable relationship then go past the LUST STAGE and embrace THE LOVE STAGE which is whole.
Lets just say that lust can be a step in the ladder of love or it may be the poison too,depending on what you really want.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 12:20am On Jul 01, 2011
And yes if you are in love, meaning you have passed the lust stage with first class honours then you admire your partner. Or if it suits you, you can say that yeah I lust after my wife undecided. So its all in there a full package ie but if that body gets a disease or injuries then I dont know if you will continue singing the same lusty song.Thts why I say love (soul,spirit,body)endures the test of time and can withstand anything.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 12:29am On Jul 01, 2011
Upendo 98 im in love with you. I have passed the lust stage
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2011
@ op
see example above.That is the 'lust stage' Though I wonder how that is possible yet hes never seen me!!!!
no it cant be lust I think its 'infatuation'.
undecided
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 12:40am On Jul 01, 2011
LWKMD. Hahaha na my post u dey take do example lmao. I ve seen u in spirit and in love with u. I love ur knowledge. So u got that wrong
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2011
Now satani ,we are talking about the physical stuff here not spiritual.Now when u start seeing me in the spirit then I start getting worried.
What do we call tht now? spiritual lust??
@ op can u define spiritual lust for me pliz? We have a sample here for testing.
grin
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 12:50am On Jul 01, 2011
Oh my this woman no go kill me oo. Upendo u don make fall in love. We suppose marry cos u don make me fall in love. See i use to lie to myself that i will always be lustful but since i set my eyes on ur post u don make me fall in love
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 1:00am On Jul 01, 2011
shocked shocked
its my bedtime now gnite!!
And dont see me anywhere in the 'SPIRIT'!!
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 1:03am On Jul 01, 2011
Im also going to bed now my love. Im gonna see u in spirit and in dream. Swt drms+me
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 1:06am On Jul 01, 2011
love is the feeling
lust is the desire
infatuation is the drive (please check meaning of infatuation in ur dic, its not confusion)

together the three work hand in hand

there is nothing like stage

'love' can last for ten ten days or ten years, depending on ones maturity and experience

what young secondary school pupil feel is love no matter how short lived, maturity and experience can only help u control ur emotions better

but at a time we say we are in love, we feel the three together

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by satani22: 1:09am On Jul 01, 2011
What of obsession?
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 1:14am On Jul 01, 2011
satani22:

What of obsession?
obsession is quite diffferent.
u can be obsessed with anything, not only humans, u can be obsessesd with ur car or shoe.

to obsesssion has more to do with a personality trait and and not much with feeling for the opposite sex such as love, lust, infatuation.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 01, 2011
Lust is when you only desire the person physically,
Infatuation is an extreme case of Lust
I am still trying to find the definition for LOVE, cause it is too complex and beautiful!
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by mamagee3(f): 1:59am On Jul 01, 2011
satani22:

What of obsession?
Obsession is when you madly like that person. . .
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Pafuri(m): 3:18am On Jul 01, 2011
To think that no one, absolutely no one, knows what love is, !
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Nekai(f): 4:28am On Jul 01, 2011
frank3.16:

love is the feeling
lust is the desire
infatuation is the drive

Ahhh, this I love.

kiss
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Sike(m): 4:42am On Jul 01, 2011
Love o, Lust o, Infatution o, Obsession. All join joh! Both of dem na d same as long as it gives me wot i nid, who cares!!
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Mynd44: 4:43am On Jul 01, 2011
All three are the same. At least it ends the same way which is the guy getting laid and the girl extorting money
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 6:57am On Jul 01, 2011
@frank
you say;
love is the feeling
lust is the desire
Infatuation is the drive

Feelings is too general a term.
You can have lustful feelings, love feelings,or feelings of infatuation but they are all feelings.
Feelings fluctuate and can be seasonal but love endures forever.It stands the test of time.
Okay I understand what u say about stage.When you say love can last 10 days depending on the maturity I tend to slightly disagree.Know why?
I can only confess I love you after I have known the whole you.ie both the physical and non physical you.
If you confess your love for me after 5 days yet you havent fully known me then I prefer to call that 'the drive' which your talking about.cz on the 6th day you may discover something emotional/spiritual about me that may make you look the other way.So the 'feeling ceases'. That feeling I dont call it love cz to me love endures forever and it covers a multitude of sins including that ugly thing I mentioned to you.
Do the 3 work hand in hand? I will say yes. Only thing is that each plays a specific role. Call it the ecosystem of relationships or whatevr! grin.
At the time you say you are in love,you have the 3 together.( I agree wth you there).Its like a house.
Infatuation drives you to the site, lust makes you desire to build,then love builds and keeps the building standing.

What is love? I keep saying love is death. If you truly love you must be ready to lay down your life for the other person. If not then we are still far. grin

1 Like

Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by jeffman(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2011
never loved. i fear i may marry without knowing what it is to love someone. I date, understand, make reasonable sacrifices etc. but never loved cos i really dont know what dat word means. Infatuation is impossible for me cos i can snap out of it easily.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by frank317: 7:38am On Jul 01, 2011
upendo 98:

@frank
you say;
love is the feeling
lust is the desire
Infatuation is the drive

Feelings is too general a term.
You can have lustful feelings, love feelings,or feelings of infatuation but they are all feelings.
Feelings fluctuate and can be seasonal but love endures forever.It stands the test of time.
Okay I understand what u say about stage.When you say love can last 10 days depending on the maturity I tend to slightly disagree.Know why?
I can only confess I love you after I have known the whole you.ie both the physical and non physical you.
If you confess your love for me after 5 days yet you havent fully known me then I prefer to call that 'the drive' which your talking about.cz on the 6th day you may discover something emotional/spiritual about me that may make you look the other way.So the 'feeling ceases'. That feeling I dont call it love cz to me love endures forever and it covers a multitude of sins including that ugly thing I mentioned to you.
Do the 3 work hand in hand? I will say yes. Only thing is that each plays a specific role. Call it the ecosystem of relationships or whatevr! grin.
At the time you say you are in love,you have the 3 together. It like a house.
Infatuation drives you to the site, lust makes you desire to build,then love builds and keeps the building standing.

What is love? I keep saying love is death. If you truly love you must be ready to lay down your life for the other person. If not the we are still far. grin

ya u could say they all have to do with feeling but i actually specified that love is  feellinf because of the way it affects us, but if u say they are all feeelings, i wont argue with that, fine.
but i dont believe u when u say love endures forever! how? do u look around u? are u for real? what do u mean by stands the test of time? u think its only ur feelings that makes a relationship stand the test of time? then u spoil it all by saying love is death, oh puleees. have u ever seen anyone die for anybody in the name of love? can u? how can humans who are imperfeect be able to give such? please just understand that the fact that two people stay in a relationship 4 a long time does not mean that love kept them, no. it could have been familiarity, the friendship,what about the imput of the people and things in the society, what about the personal feeling not to dissapoint others (it could be their parents, kids, friends or even themselves), what about their maturity etc.
again the fact that i get to knwo u better can only make me love u more (cos love is in degree) i really dont know what u call lust, cos i cant lust after u without having a liking for u (a degree of love) and wanting something out of u (which every relationship is built on). i really dont care which one comes first but all i know is that in every relationship the threee must b present to have something tangible.

here is a perfect example:

if a couple want to stay together for a long time and have affection for each other - we can say they are in love
if they desire to have sex with each other, kiss, smooch, hold themselves thru the night - thats lust for each other
if miss each other, want to always be together, call each other regularly, etc - thats infatuation.

why then do we seperate them, these are the things that go with every human, we make lust and infatuation sound bad but we cant do without them,
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by upendo98(f): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2011
The reason we are all messed up with this word love is coz we have twisted it to conform with our desires and wishes.
God is Love. And he demonstrated it to us.Fullstop. If we can take lessons from the Master mind of love then we shall do it right. Mind you there's nobody as Romantic as God.He just knows how to balance everything.
Just read songs of solomons.
And just knw fear is of the devil so stop doing urself injustice and take what ur feeling to another level.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Lust, Infatuation And Love? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:58am On Jul 01, 2011
There is a clear difference between the three.
Love may encompass the three but 4 sure the other two are isolated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Know True Love? / Tough Relationship Issues, Can You Answer? [images] / Mother Of Cristiano Ronaldo’s Son Wants Baby Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.