Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,077 members, 7,890,554 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:59 PM

I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? (12648 Views)

NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator / My Mother Is Pressurizing Me To Redeploy Home. Please Help / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Ijoba85: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Corpers are better protected by the security over there except of course they want to explore....I will accept it if posted there, redeploy my foot, no shakings

3 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by ppogba: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Go there and learn about other part of Nigeria and Nigerians.

It will change the mentality of people like you who have never been outside of your zone.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
What is the state of security in the Southeast, is it any different from the North?. People in the North are scared of traveling to the East especially because of the unknown gun men and killings, likewise the killings in the north. Nowhere is safe but know that the population of people in Kano is bigger than your state and people are still living there. Move on and don't live in fear

6 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by seunayantokun(m): 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
Redeploy quick quick kia kia
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by IamAtikulate: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nothing wrong with Kano.

You might even fall in love with the state if you serve with all your mind. Hausas are not what we think of them in the East.

The problem is not even Kano, the problem is getting to Kano from the East.

The road is NOT SAFE.

ABUJA TO ZARIA road is now something else. Please use Ifeanyichukwu, Welfare or Landstar if you can't afford a flight.

I love North and I loving visiting them, but anything that will make me run through that road is a hell no.

If you must redeploy, it should be because of that road, but if you have the mind to see it through, you might end up a millionaire if you open your eyes to the opportunities there.

It's easier to become a millionaire hustling in the North than any part of the South, Lagos inclusive.

I love Kano.

It made me and several other forward thinking umudiala (Igbos) millionaires.

If you must serve in Kano, leave the towns and go for the villages. It's where the money is.

The locals will make you love Hausas not the city dwellers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Born2conquer: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
Lol, I've been in KANO since July last year for NYSC too and it's pretty good.

I will like to share some things with you though, if you feel like redeploying, apply for the redeployment on camp, collect the form and fill it

2)If you don't want to redeploy but will like to be posted to the city, be active with activities on camp, join OBS or the brigade team and above all, be close to your platoon leader and let him know yoh will like to be posted to sabon gari, Nassarawa or Fagae and co.

3)There is another method I can't share publicly.

Above all, kano is okay

3 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by IamAtikulate: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
adewaleadeyemi8:
What is the state of security in the Southeast, is it any different from the North?. People in the North are scared of traveling to the East especially because of the unknown gun men and killings, likewise the killings in the north. Nowhere is safe but know that the population of people in Kano is bigger than your state and people are still living there. Move on and don't live in fear
Insecurity in the SE exists only in Yoruba media.

South East is far safer than SW.

FACT

2 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Tamakay(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
I have lived in the Southeast for basically all my life so I know almost nothing about life in the north.

I need advice on the state of security in Kano and any other things I should know about the state and society. Thanks.

Don't. One of the best places to serve. Try be very active in the orientation camp and if need be influenced ur posting to the Municipal not rural areas
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by seyz91(m): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
cheesy
Curtisaxel10:
I have lived in the Southeast for basically all my life so I know almost nothing about life in the north.

I need advice on the state of security in Kano and any other things I should know about the state and society. Thanks.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by bluefilm: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

My friend, just go and serve in the North.

Those people still living there are not animals or ghosts.

The highest that can happen to you is you fall into the hands of bandits and they subsequently kill you.

Which is not really a problem because life goes on... whether you are there or not.

Ha ha ha ha grin grin grin
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by IamAtikulate: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
Tamakay:

Don't. One of the best places to serve. Try be very active in the orientation camp and if need be influenced ur posting to the Municipal not rural areas
The fun is in the rural areas.

And it's where the money is. An Igbo man should be serving in the North to build his business network not serving any over-pampered country.

He will only see those business opportunities in the rural areas, not the city dwellers that are anti-Igbo

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by baranzy(m): 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
I served in Kano 2017..the journey no be here by road although I took a flight while going but coming back by road was a whole 24hrs journey..just do your orientation camp and redeploy from camp back...know that no alcohol in Kano camp and carry enuf money for bottle water cuz there water and pure water is bleeped up..no borehole they use water from kusala dam which is just behind the camp...food is cheaper there and they accept tear tear money.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by LaIabobo: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

Kano is good and they're very tolerant.
It is a commercial state with a huge population of southerners. I served in Kano, Wudil LGA but I also got a place in Kano city and I had lots of fun.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Princepk212(m): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

Atleast no terrorist, bandits and human part cultivators. And if you're a business oriented I bet you you would likely stay back after serving.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by IKARIS(m): 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kano is safe niga..I base in kano . transportation and food commodities over here are quite adaptable

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Munzy14(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

Relax your mind and explore life outside your comfort zone..

I was like you during my NYSC time...I prayed for Akwaibom so I can work with my uncle, but they throw me enter Jigawa...

Jigawa is a state created out of Kano...A 2hrs journey from kano...

I prepared my mind for the journey...Luckily a friend connected me to Alex who was posted to Jigawa as well..We moved from Owerri that Monday evening...We met other 3 other guys from Owerri so we are now 5 plus Iyke from Abia thats 6 of us pure IGBO bloodline...

We touched down kano in the evening of the next day, and picked a cab straight to Fanisau, Dutse...Where they have the orientation camp..

It was my first time of being in the north....A special experience I will even tell my kids....NYSC is fun... cheesy

I relocated after camp back home...Yea the weather is not favourable as a newbie to it...I suffered dehydration.

Just prepare your mind, this should be harmattan/dry season over there..
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by thatigboman1: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

u cant redeploy. U can only apply for redeployment with approved reason, mostly medical or marriage. It's NYSC that decides if to redeploy you or not.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by thatigboman1: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

kano is good. Trust me adanne.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by thatigboman1: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

that's what the NYSC scheme is meant for naa. Go to camp,camps are heavily fortified. Listen to the lectures. Avoid politics and dragging of land or issues with the indigenes. If you are posted to metropolitan Kano, u are home and dry.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Ternistacle(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
Go.. it will with u.... Any how u see'am take'em
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by letitrainnow(m): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
Enquire well ooo
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by mcjohny(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
I came to kano for national punishment also and I regretted why I hadn't been here earlier.
ever since 2020 covid year, I have experienced a massive turnaround in my account balance.
I don't think I am going back anytime soon

4 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Multiplier7(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
Contact me for relocation to any state
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Perfectbeing(m): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
When I finish school I hope to serve in Borno State

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Pm0326(m): 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kano is a nice place to serve. Very safe except for the issue of language barear.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by kindklemz(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

Kano is safer than any state in the East.
Where in the East would you say is safe at this moment?

Chairman, go explore and enjoy the Ancient City of Kano.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by doublex10: 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
Don't redeploy brother. Kano is a very gentle place to live. You will like it. I grew up also in Kano but served in the east. All the way a good experience. I love naija

2 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by jasonex4(m): 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
I served in Kano 2017/2018 batch A stream 1....

Still have friends who served with me and decided to stay back at the end of our service year...

Kano is relatively safe...

Especially Sabongari.. grin
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by LollySeaSide: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nowhere in the world is safe, even if you don't leave your room.
Just do your thing and stick to what is acceptable in that area and you're good.
Happy service year.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by jasonex4(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
baranzy:
I served in Kano 2017..the journey no be here by road although I took a flight while going but coming back by road was a whole 24hrs journey..just do your orientation camp and redeploy from camp back...know that no alcohol in Kano camp and carry enuf money for bottle water cuz there water and pure water is bleeped up..no borehole they use water from kusala dam which is just behind the camp...food is cheaper there and they accept tear tear money.

Which batch and stream??
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Richy419: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kano is ok I served in bauchi i stayed there for one year and that has been one of the best years of my life if not for boko haram the north is such a nice place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deferring NYSC / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being A Clo / How do I Retrieve My 2016 NYSC Call Up Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.