Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,319 members, 7,920,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:00 PM

I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? (12715 Views)

NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator / My Mother Is Pressurizing Me To Redeploy Home. Please Help / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Remman(m): 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Redeploy with all your might
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Jude49(m): 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
I'm currently serving in kano, rounding off next month
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by OneTwoOne(m): 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
National punishment?

What's that please
mcjohny:
I came to kano for national punishment also and I regretted why I hadn't been here earlier.
ever since 2020 covid year, I have experienced a massive turnaround in my account balance.
I don't think I am going back anytime soon
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by minasu190: 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
I have lived in the Southeast for basically all my life so I know almost nothing about life in the north.

I need advice on the state of security in Kano and any other things I should know about the state and society. Thanks.
The country is a dangerous place,but it's also a good place,some kano ppl are decent and kind,even in the worst neighborhood,most people are safe.don't let fear overide you,security is all about feelings, prevention,and reality.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Heterodox(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
NYSC will not post you to security challenged places.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Kazeem246(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
Stay and serve in kano and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Nwachacho: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
Op go and enjoy karaye camp (kusala dam). The sun there no be your mate oo
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Enemyofpeace: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
Election year is around the corner, no let aboki take you do suya during elections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by mukthar2000(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kano is very best place and calm place to be once u don't have anything doing with their wife's and behav calmly , u don't need to redeployed.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Olamhen: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Don't mind most of these guys giving you negative reply about north or kano, most of them I've never been to the north. I'm currently in kano and I've been here for about 4 years. I moved here after my nysc in bauchi which is 4 hours journey from kano. Bauchi was one of the state that suffered from the hand of boko haram when it all started but through out my 1+ in buachi everything went very fine with not a single security challenge. So don't let anything or anyone deceive or confuse you with any ignorant comment here. Kano is the best state in the north when it comes to comerce, just see kano like the Lagos of the north or the aba of the east. If you have the intention of establishing a business or thinking of a cheap cost of living then think of kano. Except for the house rent which is somehow expensive but still affordable because it still depends on the area.
One thing is that you just respect yourself when it comes to religion. Do your own and let them do their. There are areas like sabon Geri or badawa or brigade where you will see majority of southerners. In fact if you enter sabon Geri you won't believe you're in the north.
So in a north shell� you're welcome to the north, come and explore and I bet you, you won't want to go back to the east. I have igbo padi here that we work together he's from enugu and we role together wella no kasala

3 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Aina1874: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kano is even safer than some states in the south. Except you wan hang for your backyard otherwise there is no reason redeploying from Kano

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by KlausMichaelson: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kano is peaceful except for the Heat. Believe me after some time, you'll become darker.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by We4all: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
jmoore:
My sister was posted to Kaduna. She went there, filled the redeployment form. She has been redeployed to Ebonyi state.

Kaduna is okay. She has to be very careful in Ebonyi. Too many cannibals live there.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Curtisaxel10: 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
I thank you all for the advice. I see so many people referring to business opportunities in the north.

Can someone please advice me on what businesses to venture into while there?
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Paretomaster1(m): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
I have lived in the Southeast for basically all my life so I know almost nothing about life in the north.

I need advice on the state of security in Kano and any other things I should know about the state and society. Thanks.

Kano is a million times safer than all the SE states combined... Even more developed sef...

Go out, and broaden your horizons..

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Penywise(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

Kano is the second safest state in the north after Jigawa state. But like every other cities in Nigeria, you'll have to be watchful of pilfers and pick pockets especially in crowded areas.

Just try to be friends with officials in camp so that your PPA will be in the city and not their village. Some of their LGAs are shitholes like Rogo and Dambatta.

If you get to serve in the metropolis, you'll definitely enjoy it. And since you are from the southeast, you'll see plenty Igbos in Sabon gari area. You can even get accommodation in Igbo road by aba road or Enugu road.

Also, you'll have to learn little Hausa, it helps. Mind the places you go to drink and smoke if you are into those stuff. Hisbah operates in some areas especially towns outside the city.

It's really a fun place to be with lots of opportunities if you can socialize well.

Lastly, avoid bleached Kogi girls in Kano. Most southern girls in Kano are very promiscuous (I don't know why). 3 out of 5 I met had babies at a younger age. They also like knacking very well.

PS: if you have small money, buy Air Condition and generator. Make it your priority. I promise you, you won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
Do not try it... Serving at kazaure of Jigawa State contributed to my success today. Kazaure is 30 minutes from Kano municipal. I really enjoyed Kano then especially sabo geri . It is second to Lagos in terms of commercial city. You will hardly differentiate Sabo Geri from South. A lot of social activities....
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Nikes(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
jmoore:
My sister was posted to Kaduna. She went there, filled the redeployment form. She has been redeployed to Ebonyi state.
Omo...are you q bot or what. This one No be the first thread I dey see this copy and paste response
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Nikes(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
Funny enough, most people saying nyenyenye, boko haram, God forbid this and that, have never been to the north before. They've only relied on exaggerated hearsay all their lives, as the only source of information about the North. If it's so bad, won't you wonder why southerners and westerners aren't running back home?
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Nikes(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
IamAtikulate:

Insecurity in the SE exists only in Yoruba media.

South East is far safer than SW.

FACT
No dey lie give yoursef abeg.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Penywise(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nwaezehopr:
Do not try it... Serving at kazaure of Jigawa State contributed to my success today. Kazaure is 30 minutes from Kano municipal. I really enjoyed Kano then especially sabo geri . It is second to Lagos in terms of commercial city. You will hardly differentiate Sabo Geri from South. A lot of social activities....

From Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic Kazaure to fagge in Kano city is approximately 1hr if the road is not too busy.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Penywise(m): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
jimmyolasun:
Depends shaaa..shey you shaa don keep ransom down and before going there, go meet welder make he help you build bomb resistant boot and bullet proof..

Fear not,

Adios

Omo passing that Kaduna/Abuja express is always scary. He should use fly from Abuja to Kano. Kano is safe.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Babacool100(m): 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
Am presently leaving in kano. Never mind that is where ur angel has relocated to. Make use of your chance. Kano is safe but don't joke with there religion. That all. U are welcome to Kano my dear.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by 1sherlockHolmes: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
just come u will refuse to go back after your service year

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Lingudy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kano is a good place

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by francezB(m): 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
God bless you
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

If you can't survive one hour without Drinking Alcohol ba grin

1 Share

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by otipoju(m): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2022
Naiira:
I totally understand your feelings OP; I had same feeling when Kano was fired on me back then - Abuja was the plan.

However, I soon discovered that the city called Kano is one of the most industrialized states in Nigeria, and if not for their religious jingoism, would have far surpassed All.

Enjoy Karaye!

Cheers

I still miss Kano till date. Most blissfull year of my life.
If i could speak Hausa, na Kano i for settle down if i ever live in Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by ArewaNorth: 12:25am On Mar 19, 2022
Franking:
Any part of the north besides Abuja is a NO NO for me

Because u are dogmatic and rely on rumours as ur source of information. Kano is safer than all Southern States. No state in Nigeria is safer than Kano and Jigawa as I'm talking to u now.

I was told a lot of things about south before starting my life there. Some Northerners used to all me that Southerners eat human beings and all sort of things and I'm now enjoying my stay in the SS.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Franking: 12:59am On Mar 19, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Because u are dogmatic and rely on rumours as ur source of information. Kano is safer than all Southern States. No state in Nigeria is safer than Kano and Jigawa as I'm talking to u now.

I was told a lot of things about south before starting my life there. Some Northerners used to all me that Southerners eat human beings and all sort of things and I'm now enjoying my stay in the SS.

My brother, go and stay in Kano and Jigawa na. The north is not for me. I don't care how safe or peaceful Kano is now, we all know it's the peace of the graveyard.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by chiefolododo(m): 1:09am On Mar 19, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

I take God beg you, redeploy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corpers Donate Food, Clothings And Mats To Almajiri School In Katsina / NYSC: Ebonyi State Government Increases State Allowance To 10,000 / How do I Retrieve My 2016 NYSC Call Up Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.