Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,752 members, 7,882,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk (1798 Views)

NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife ‘Owned Man As Slave For 24 Years’ / Popular Phrases Spoken In Britain And Their Meanings / She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by 677ano(m): 3:08am On Jul 02, 2011
Nigerian woman said she flew into Britain and had quins on the NHS, now we need to stay
£200,000 ‘health tourism’ row

Far from home ,  Bimbo Ayelabola with babies
Jon Bond / The Sun Law says they
must go home

BIMBO'S quins do not have an automatic right to British nationality, despite being born here.

To qualify, the babies would need to have at least one parent who is British - or who has indefinite leave to remain in the country.

Bimbo's visa is valid until December 2012.

But there are conditions. She can only stay in Britain for a maximum of six months at a time during that period. Bimbo's six-month visit should have ended on June 27.

The visa also states: "No work or recourse to public funds."

Bimbo's lawyer says not allowing her to stay would breach the 2009 UK Borders Citizenship Act. But this is meant to protect people on health grounds.

Harry’s new girl Florence: It’s love
PRINCE Harry’s gorgeous model girlfriend has told her pals: ‘I think I’m in love’
To love, honour and AbbeyStaff walkout on pensions is a flopMan ‘killed by favourite snake’Dad fury over MoD ‘hush-up’More
Petr: Andre will stay for yearsPETR CECH says Andre Villas-Boas will stick around and build a Chelsea dynasty
Hector checks in as Fab says byeCity: Give us a lot more lollyHaye: You’ve Wlad it in sixOne day it Muzz happen for AndyMore
Kate weds,  with 14 bridesmaidsSUPERMODEL Kate Moss marries rocker Jamie Hince in a VIP-packed ceremony
Cheryl Cole’s happy returnCole and Jay-Z to open London clubNow Will.i.am is a Black Eyed FleeTake That’s right royal sing-alongMoreBy EMILY NASH and NICK PARKER

Published: Today
Add a comment A NIGERIAN mum who headed for Britain when she learned she was pregnant is battling to stay after having QUINS, The Sun can reveal.
Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had been taking twice the prescribed dose of a potent fertility drug while at home in Lagos.

Within days of discovering she was expecting she obtained a visitor's visa for Britain.

And she ended up getting the best treatment possible on the NHS following an emergency Health Service scan which showed she was expecting four babies.

After months of taxpayer-funded care - costing an estimated £200,000 - Bimbo had a complex Caesarean op 32 weeks into her pregnancy on April 28.

Doctors at Homerton Hospital, in Hackney, East London, then discovered there was a fifth baby.

Now, two months later, Bimbo is applying to the Home Office to extend her stay in the UK because boys Tayseel and Samir and girls Aqeelah, Binish and Zara - although healthy - are too fragile to fly home.

Bimbo is also arguing that there is no "support network" of family and friends left in Nigeria to help her bring up her kids because they are all in the UK already.

Bimbo's husband Ohi, 37, is not. He came to Britain to visit her in hospital but fled back to Nigeria after discovering it was a multiple pregnancy and he faced being responsible for the brood.

The Home Office will now decide whether to grant Bimbo a six-month extension of her visa which expired on June 27.

Officials are also considering sending her a bill for the huge cost of her six months of care which included treatment by consultants, paediatricians, nurses, midwives, social workers and back-up staff. But Bimbo would be unable to pay anyway.

She insists she had no idea she was expecting more than one child when she sought a UK visa after getting pregnant in November.

Taxpayer-funded care ,  Bimbo Ayelabola while pregnant
Bimbo had bought supplies of the fertility drug Clomid over the counter in Lagos and began taking two a day - double the recommended dose. The drug is also supposed to be taken for five to seven days. But Bimbo popped the pills for two months before discovering she was pregnant - and deciding to head for London.

She said: "I had already had miscarriages and couldn't bear the stress another pregnancy would cause. So I decided to visit my family in London. I thought I would stand a much better chance of avoiding another miscarriage in a calmer place with friends and family. Now if I go back I'll be on my own without even a roof over my head. My entire family support network, three sisters, four aunts and virtually all my school friends, live here."

Operation ,  hospital in East London where Bimbo Ayelabola gave birth

Bimbo is helped by her sister Stella, 26, and a Nigerian school pal. They take turns to feed the babies in Stella's two-bedroom flat in Poplar, East London. But they are struggling to make ends meet as each baby costs £70-a-week in milk formula and nappies alone. Bimbo is being backed by immigration lawyer Mark Dada. He has applied to the Home Office for her to stay.

But a Home Office spokesman said: "The NHS is a national health service, not an international one. We expect those with no right to be in the UK to leave. otherwise we will remove them."

Tory MP Chris Skidmore said: "It's not acceptable for health tourism to continue in the way it has done."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3673011/Nigerian-mum-Bimbo-Ayelabola-flew-into-Britain-and-had-quins-on-the-NHS.html#ixzz1QuT5lU5G
Is this fair on UK tax payers?
Re: Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by tpia5: 3:35am On Jul 02, 2011
tayseel, samir, aqeelah, binish and zara?

where is the husband from?

lovely babies but she didnt even bother giving them any english or yoruba names.
Re: Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by justwise(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2011
Lovely looking kids but this is going to generate more bitter headlines about health tourism.
Re: Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by OmoAlata(f): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
Will the Nigerian government not help if she returned to Naija?

There should be assistance in cases like this surely or what are the taxes for?
Re: Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by ada24: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2011
the husband is a useless human being - so he had money for UK flight and boasting to his friends that he sent to wife to UK to have the kids and now this.

as for this woman - who the heck advised he to take overdose of fertility drugs - as we can see here ignorance is not bliss,

anyway congrats on the birth of the babies - some people are looking for one and she has 5.
Re: Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
Well, it's done now. I believe the Quins should be given a fair shot at survival, and should be allowed to remain in the UK. Their mother too.
Re: Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by Outstrip(f): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2011
I honestly don't believe the story about her husband. They are lying. They know that if the man is in the picture they will get less sympathy. Anyway I wish them all well
Re: Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk by 677ano(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
Outstrip:

I honestly don't believe the story about her husband. They are lying. They know that if the man is in the picture they will get less sympathy. Anyway I wish them all well

You have hit the nail on the head. I believe this was the set plan

(1) (Reply)

Can A 48yrs Old Divorced Man In USA Remarry With Only $7000 In His Savings? / Why Do We Have Hatred For Each Other? / He Was Asked To Pay Her (his Wife To Be) "BRIDE PRICE" Into A Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.