Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,163 members, 7,890,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:05 AM

Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt (3589 Views)

Nigeian In Diaspora Set To Raise $150m For Peter Obi / FACT CHECK: Claim That Anambra’s Debt Profile Is Over N200bn Is FALSE / Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt by Help2020: 11:14am On Mar 24, 2022
stevnwigw1:
All hail Anambra
All hail the great Igbo land
All hail Nigeria
I hear that this was what the Chinese and Indians did to develop their various countries.
When a man that thee people trust is in authority, people will be willing to help him to succeed
Let then use the money to help the poor anabrans and pressure Olbiano to return the billion he stole.
Re: Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt by IGBOSON1: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2022
olas24u:

Something is wrong with you,somebody left 300million for you has cash and 100billion has debt,even a secondary school accounting student understand this simple thing.You are comparing southeest state with yours.All the money shared to Anambra as federal allocation comes from which part of Nigeria.

Still trying to understand the point some of you naysayers are trying to put across on this thread!

Anambra has debt.....just like every other state in Nigeria! Now a suggestion has been put forward that could help the state get the much needed funds that could help its gov't meet the huge challenges and expectations facing it, yet some of you are complaining! No one has said if the money is raised, that anyone who stole or mismanaged the states' finances shouldn't be held to account....we just don't want the state gov't incapacitated in fulfilling its obligations and promises because of lack of funds. Or would some of you rather have us all sit down and do nothing while waiting for the Nigerian judicial system to first recover any funds claimed to have been stolen or mismanaged before the Soludo admin' swings into action?

And as to your question on where the money shared to Anambra as 'federal allocation' comes from (a useless centralised and unitary system of gov't Ndigbo never instituted in the first place)? A large chunk of it comes from receipts gotten from the sale of oyel and gas found in Igboland!
Re: Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt by Ezemeiyogu(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
I see why it may be difficult for Nigeria to develop.

Concerned stakeholders want to help develop their state but some few non indigenes find it unimportant, why?

Okay, Soludo should fold his hands till Obiano returns what he has stolen or what?

I visited 24 towns in Anambra between February 28 and March 14, the level of road networks (even in the most interior parts of the State) these people have is alarming. Guess what, individuals happily constructed more than 40% of these roads.

In essence, there is nothing wrong in individuals helping their states. If such infrastructures or other key things re left for our present day government, the masses re still going to be at the receiving end.

Also, it's not the duty of ndi Anambra to go after Obiano, those whose responsibility is re ontop of the matter already.
Re: Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt by mrvitalis(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Luchitec:
Though, I am not from Anambra State, I will gladly contribute to the fund. This is premised on my belief that over time, positive development in Anambra State will definitely rub-off on the other states in the southeast.
Every Igbo man supported rochas thinking he was the one he failed ...now it's soludo we are all hoping on ...can't wait for him to perform abeg
Re: Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt by kettykings: 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
IGBOSON1:
If it’s set up i’ll contribute even though i’m not from Anambra! £100

Bro the fund is for all igbos. Imo airport was built by such schemes . My own is we should tie it to a project like sea port , rail line from Onitsha to Aba or Nnewi , gas or refinery projects or steel plants ,let's not just contribute without a project otherwise the funds will not be utilized well , contributors will be entitled to owning a part of the project . This is the only way of crowd funding the Eastern development

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt by olas24u(f): 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Still trying to understand the point some of you naysayers are trying to put across on this thread!

Anambra has debt.....just like every other state in Nigeria! Now a suggestion has been put forward that could help the state get the much needed funds that could help its gov't meet the huge challenges and expectations facing it, yet some of you are complaining! No one has said if the money is raised, that anyone who stole or mismanaged the states' finances shouldn't be held to account....we just don't want the state gov't incapacitated in fulfilling its obligations and promises because of lack of funds. Or would some of you rather have us all sit down and do nothing while waiting for the Nigerian judicial system to first recover any funds claimed to have been stolen or mismanaged before the Soludo admin' swings into action?

And as to your question on where the money shared to Anambra as 'federal allocation' comes from (a useless centralised and unitary system of gov't Ndigbo never instituted in the first place)? A large chunk of it comes from receipts gotten from the sale of oyel and gas found in Igboland!
Check the beginning of the conversation,he was being tribal without looking at issues .
Re: Reactions As Nigerians In Diaspora Set To Help Repay Anambra's Debt by Ojiofor: 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Far better than contributing and raising money to IPOB.This is what is called 'putting your money where your mouth is.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El Rufai Has Finished Obi Today At Kaduna / Power: Ncp Approves States' Ownership Of Electricity Structure / Greed : A 40' Container Load Of Vegetable Oil Is Ordered By Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.