Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,857 members, 7,899,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

What's Wrong With This Compliment? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With This Compliment? (1686 Views)

What's The Best Compliment You Have Ever Received After Sex? / What Is The Best Compliment You Ever Recieved? / Compliment And Toast A Girl With Your Professional Jargons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With This Compliment? by priest2u(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2011
Hi Nl, what's wrong with this compliment " though you're not that pretty you're the kind of girl every man would love to be with". A girl was very upset after receiving this compliment, what's wrong with it?
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by african1(f): 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
Why in the world would you tell a girl she is not pretty? Even the ugliest girl thinks she is gorgeous. You might need to apologize,
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Goldieluks: 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2011
EXACTLY^^ grin
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by omolasgidi(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2011
My 2cents, always make a girl feel there is something wrong with her mirror.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Pweety4me(f): 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
I don't know, never recieved it & it wouldn't make sense if i received it. . .because i KNOW i am all that Prettty tongue
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by priest2u(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2011
african1:

Why in the world would you tell a girl she is not pretty? Even the ugliest girl thinks she is gorgeous. You might need to apologize,
I will apologize then.Thanks
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by priest2u(m): 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
Pweety4me:

I don't know, never recieved it & it wouldn't make sense if i received it. . .because i KNOW i am all that Prettty tongue
good for you, so you dont need any man to tell you what you already know.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by tellwisdom: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2011
Hi Nl, what's wrong with this compliment " though you're not that pretty you're the kind of girl every man would love to be with". A girl was very upset after receiving this compliment, what's wrong with it?

grin grin, Jess, you made her understand she's not, and it really pained her! GOSH  cheesy
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by BABE3: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2011
priest2u:

" though you're not that pretty you're the kind of girl every man would love to be with".

Actually--- this comment shouldn't faze anyone. Why is she vexing? How old is she?

The latter part of the comment already indicates that he meant no "harm"--it wasn't supposed to be an "insult".

Beauty is subjective. Beauty is the eyes of the beholder.

Technically, I don't think there's a "legal" need for an apology. You still have to apologize though--coz clearly she's pissed.  smiley

But wait a second---that apology is going to sound wierd

" I apologize for telling you you're not that pretty---Sorry, you're actually pretty"----    undecided

OR

" I apologize for telling you you're not that pretty--- sorry, I should have kept my mouth shut and lock my thoughts in my head"---    undecided

Anyhow sha---go and apologize.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by ShyOne(f): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2011
it's obvious why she is upset

he told her she was "homely" and just because you are homely, don't be upset, it's not over with for you, many men would want you for your fallopian tubes, your hands to cook and clean, your vajj and your quiet take anything manner that is usually expected to be in "mental residence" with someone of your "homely" stature and demeanor.

since she knows and majority of men know what "you are not that pretty you're the kind of girl every man would love to be with" - generally means. she was angry, horrified and upset that if he thought this way, others would as well. she was given a snapshot of what life could mean for her if she dealt with the large group of thinkers that would view her in this manner.

tongue
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by ShyOne(f): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2011
I would suggest that he move forward and not look back, any apology he would extend would not be sufficient to undo what his big mouth has released.   He should consider it a "teachable moment" and never make the same mistake ---- though in his eyes, he thought he meant well.

MEN: Abeg, Study women before you open your mouth.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Cuddlemii: 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2011
Why should you apologize? What do you want to say to her: "Sorry for saying you are not pretty". The harm has already been done.

She even showed you she was upset, babe got no chesting and stamina for hard knocks like this. She couldn't even hide it. Why the hell would you show your bruised ego to man, what happened to the term "pride". That means she is ugly inside out.

But U sef wicked sha, which kind line be that. Its better not to flatter a babe by keeping mute than jam talking. You should have just told her that "you like her personality" simple. "The every guy would love to be with" part was not necessary because that's not a proven fact.

In conclusion, u sha wanted to preach the sermon!
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2011
priest2u:

everything is wrong with that^ compliment, how on earth would u tell a female as fragile as thier heart is, that she isnt that pretty. Okay, tell me man, did u xpect her 2 jump up n giv u a very big hug after ur so called compliment penetrated her ear, huh??
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
priest2u:

everything is wrong with that^ compliment, how on earth would u tell a female as fragile as thier heart is, that she isnt that pretty. Okay, tell me man, did u xpect her 2 jump up n giv u a very big hug after ur so called compliment penetrated her ear, huh?? Compliment indeed!
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by BABE3: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

She couldn't even hide it. Why the hell would you show your bruised ego to man, what happened to the term "pride".

May God bless you that those two statements. I wonder what she would have done if he said she was plain Ugly.--The babe would have fainted.

Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Oboni(f): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2011
@Poster
What were you thinking when you were saying that to her?
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Cuddlemii: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
@op

Oh sheet meeen, just saw you are based in the US. Us peeps talk frankly.

Damn it, she wasn't pretty and who gives a hoot meeen. It is what it is meeen. The shawty is a down arse but aint gat no face to it, meeen.

You kid her not meeen. She is just a drama queen meeen. Her girlfriends cute but she ain't meeen, but she could be som's baby mama. No shame in ur game meeen, u just spit from ur heart dawg.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Cuddlemii: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2011
BABE!:

May God bless you that those two statements. I wonder what she would have done if he said she was plain Ugly.--The babe would have fainted.

Fantasia said people used to call her ugly before she won American Idols, that didn't bother her or limit her. See where she is now. I'm sure those same people that called her ugly would be claiming her now or begging for money from her.

The op's girl is just a baby jor!
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by denzel2009: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2011
BABE!:

[color=#000099]

Beauty is subjective. Beauty is the eyes of the beholder.

That na scoliosis of the eyes. tongue

Just apologize and tell her she has internal beauty only.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by upendo98(f): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2011
Op ur evil lol! grin grin.D Did u tell a gal that? direct to her face? cry cry
smbody just said tht,evn them tht arent 'all that' physically believe they are the prettiest in the world.
Dont even dare apologise!! it would just worsen the damage let her deal wth it cz if she gt pride she will move on!.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2011
I don't understand how you don't see anything wrong with what was said
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Acidosis(m): 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2011
go and woo her. Thats the best apology
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by 190: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2011
Why are NL ladies like BABE, Iyatrustee, and shy-one " "so ugly even though they're not that pretty they're the kind of girl every man would love to be with".
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by priest2u(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2011
Thanks all for your comment, After reading your comment I guess I should have kept mute instead of saying exactly what was in my mind.The harm is done, no need to apologiize but I wont try it again but have lost a good friend sad

Cuddlemii:

@op

Oh sheet meeen, just saw you are based in the US. Us peeps talk frankly.

Damn it, she wasn't pretty and who gives a hoot meeen. It is what it is meeen. The shawty is a down arse but aint gat no face to it, meeen.

You kid her not meeen. She is just a drama queen meeen. Her girlfriends cute but she ain't meeen, but she could be som's baby mama. No shame in your game meeen, u just spit from your heart dawg.

grin grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by cantell(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
priest2u:

It simply means girls/ladies love it when you lie to them.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by claremont(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
190:

Why are NL ladies like BABE, Iyatrustee, and shy-one " "so ugly even though they're not that pretty they're the kind of girl every man would love to be with".
True that, they are very pretty internally, whether they are pretty externally is another matter entirely grin grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by ShyOne(f): 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2011
190:

take your shovel and dig elsewhere, there's no gold here.
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2011
Shy-One:

MEN: Abeg, Study women before you open your mouth.
okay, we will
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by 190: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2011
Shy-One:

Shy one be nice to me

else i would suck you like ORANGE angry angry
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by tellwisdom: 10:05pm On Jul 02, 2011

Oboy i just cant laff bt express my feelings

Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by 190: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2011
^mtscheww undecided
Re: What's Wrong With This Compliment? by Cuddlemii: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
tellwisdom:

Oboy i just cant laff bt express my feelings

grin grin grin grin grin No wonder you tell wisdom, all ur wisdom tooth has been uprooted. But come oh, how do u tell then?

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Sex Before Marriage? / THE CONFUSED WIFE / His Girlfriend Doesn't Seems To Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.