Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,418 members, 7,881,533 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:48 PM

Serious NIN Crime Going On - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Serious NIN Crime Going On (51115 Views)

NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians / OOU Female Student Declared Missing After Going On A Date With Her Boyfriend. / There Is Something Terrible Going On In Onitsha And Anambra Now! (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 08, 2022
Desperados:

Bros, dis tin don dey happen since na.
we knw dis tins.

Dis NIN linkage of a tin na just to track mor [b]hustlers(yahoo boys) [/b]down, dem just dey lie wit terrorism or kidnapping.

I stil dey talk am nd i swear wit my 2 balls say dis NIN nonsense nor reach de north.

No kidnapper or terrorist wil be caught wit dis...

Why u dey call yahoo thieves hustlers ? Kilode?

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Originality007: 9:20am On Apr 08, 2022
i
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by wale0911: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2022
You can download the NIMC app to unlink any line you wish to yank off.

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by HopeNeverDies: 9:23am On Apr 08, 2022
Maverick777:

pray for what exactly?
wake up! religious bigot!

Damnnn!!!! Don't quote Me next time. Much love. Thank You
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by musicwriter(m): 9:23am On Apr 08, 2022
GreyworId:
Well its very wrong but even with the BVN they introduced, people were robbed at gun point with pos, like forced to use their card on pos and nothing was done to trace those pos accounts.

I maybe wrong but this whole NIN is either for show off that the government is working or to trace those that are high profile.

You're actually very correct on your conclusion.

We only began hearing rumours of NIN after the end SARS protests. Obviously, it's targeted at pro-democracy activists. That's the primary reason, not to solve crime. The proof is that terrorists and the so called bandits have BVN and are making phone calls (from known location), receiving ransom payment through the bank.

In order to solve crime, all the FG need is anonymous phone number, GPS and the Telecom provider. That's all. Anything else is an added advantage.

The CIA, MI16, French secret service and their dumb African slave agents were able to track me to Benin republic with my NIGERIAN phone number, which isn't even in my name cause it's an old line bought before the registration requirement began. Just give up on Nigeria.

By the way, I blogged about the experience and if anybody needs more information, see how the CIA and MI16 lure innocent people to commit terrorism

3 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Cutehector(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2022
Na una dey patronize them ...i wonder who in his or her right senses will want to buy an already registered sim.

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by treziMcCarthy: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:
Pops man had an issue too with this NIN/SIM REG few days back, some guys selling MTN sim came around with their usual funfair marketing strategy, music, uniforms n all.

Dad took interest and paid for one sim for 100 naira. Regstation was done successfully. He Then inserted his sim to start using. To his surprise MTN sent him welcome message listing 3 different numbers linked to his NIN account. Out of curiosity he went back to them to know why. Long story short, they had used his details to register two other SIM Cards. Dad got passed and threatened them. After plenty dragging n calling their superior he collected the other two sims.
Pple are desperate. Let's be very careful
Bro.. I greet you.
Is there a code or a way to know numbers that are linked with our NIN
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Gkemz: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2022
Thank you for bringing this to the desk.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Fourwinds: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2022
ChocolateWine:
You should be happy someone else is bearing your sins. Atleast you can see your messiah live taking bullet picture for you.

Ungrateful element grin tongue
Chocolatewine that means you go get taste well well
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Winters23: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2022
[s]
blackmamber:
This NIN thing is a total BS to me. I don’t believe in the country
[/s]

nobody gives a fvck if you believe or not grin
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by gaby(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Use the nimc app
Download it from play store
And you are good to go

Thanks a bunch for this vital information.

The NIN is a very lofty idea but sure needs more fine-tuning.

The app is a testament to this...

Get on it to see the security features.

Them try. I give them kudos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by CharlotteFlair: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:
Pops man had an issue too with this NIN/SIM REG few days back, some guys selling MTN sim came around with their usual funfair marketing strategy, music, uniforms n all.

Dad took interest and paid for one sim for 100 naira. Regstation was done successfully. He Then inserted his sim to start using. To his surprise MTN sent him welcome message listing 3 different numbers linked to his NIN account. Out of curiosity he went back to them to know why. Long story short, they had used his details to register two other SIM Cards. Dad got passed and threatened them. After plenty dragging n calling their superior he collected the other two sims.
Na wa ooo
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2022
The question is how do you check SIM cards linked to your NIN. Once we are able to check this, all will be well and we will be able to do something about this issue.

And believe me if a sim that isn’t mine is linked to my NIN, I will sue the telcom company.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Berezuski: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2022
You can avoid all this nonsense by going to the network authorized centers
And stop patronizing those nonsense umbrella guys they are heartless
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by lebete3000: 9:45am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:

NIN don turn PIN be that oh...

You Gerrit?
You don Gerrit forgerrabarit...
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 08, 2022
this country is bleeped
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by duality(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

Pardon my grammar/typos. Thanks

So you paid 5k for SIM Card?
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by redirect(m): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2022
THE ONLY THING THAT WORK IN NIGERIA NOW IS CRIME
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Abemy(m): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2022
Some barred Sims has been opened illegally by those who know a particular code.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by akpunda86: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
To avoid issues like this, link your NIN-SIM yourself, it's not that task full just a aeries of step and you are done.

Yea also avoid road side vendors.go to network providers office .
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by mastermaestro(m): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2022
Idamond:
if these is the first time you're knowing this, you're still a learner..
I know of people that link there with just imaginary nin

Comrade, I can confirm this one. grin
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by evans4luv: 9:59am On Apr 08, 2022
ChocolateWine:
You should be happy someone else is bearing your sins. Atleast you can see your messiah live taking bullet picture for you.

Ungrateful element grin tongue
your own foolishness is like zee world extral ordinary everyday, dont u know that if the person that was linked to ur nin commit any crime, the police will come after u d real owner of nin, mumu think with ur brain and stop reasoning with ur pussy
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by DispatcherLagos: 9:59am On Apr 08, 2022
AK481:

Which network ?

The bane of outsourcing your job to roadside vendors ,NCC should fine a heavy sum on defaulter network.
The guy has virtually all the networks.
From MTN to Glo to Airtel and I think 9 mobile. He will only ask you to select the number you want while handling over the stack of registered sim to you
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by stanisbaratheon: 10:00am On Apr 08, 2022
All these are the ideas of the desperate Isa Pantami. This government have so much database than they know what to do with. What a shame
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Benediction777: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2022
BUHARI HAS FAILED US cry cry cry

DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

Pardon my grammar/typos. Thanks
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by onatisi(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2022
the idea is good , but trust the nigerian factor to always rubbish the idea and process .

blackmamber:
This NIN thing is a total BS to me. I don’t believe in the country
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by jarmy: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Pls report with evidence to the nearest police station. By doing that you will be adding your quota to national security. Thanks for sharing though.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 10:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Jesus Christ.
This is really bad.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by DispatcherLagos: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2022
duality:

So you paid 5k for SIM Card?

Funny enough...yes!
That wasn't even the issue. The issue was that more than 5 persons did before I became curious. So do the math and know how much the guy goes home with
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by baralatie(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:

Wow!
This is serious
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Ajalekoko76(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2022
Download NIMC App from your play store to see the link numbers. If there are unknown numbers in your app quickly raise alarm and delete such numbers. Ignorance is not an excuse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Slay Queen Caught Red-Handed On CCTV Stealing Two Virgin Human Hair Wigs / Alakija Bridge, Mile2-Okoko: Be Careful Of This Route (Pictures) / Lady Accuses Her Boyfriend Of Duping Her Sexually And Financially In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.