Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Serious NIN Crime Going On - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Serious NIN Crime Going On (51078 Views)

NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians / OOU Female Student Declared Missing After Going On A Date With Her Boyfriend. / There Is Something Terrible Going On In Onitsha And Anambra Now! (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by GloriousGbola: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
A year ago, I lost my phone. I didn't quite understand the process and I got the full court affidavit and police report. Very stressful. A friend told me all I needed to do was find a hustler in pc village and I would get my line back for 1k5 or so.

But my friend missed the implication - this meant any sim can be easily cloned.

The other day a friend told me his wife was somehow mirroring his phone and intercepting all his side chick runs. My mind immediately went to this
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Electrochemistry(m): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
Leave Nigeria out of anything statistics. All we have at our command are fake figures: fake population, fake birth rate, doubtful age claim, fake NIN, fake SIMS, fake everything!
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by VirileNelly2420: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

Pardon my grammar/typos. Thanks

My broda dats how dey do o. Dey will use ur NIN and register a SIM which dey will sell for a higher rate. It happened to me.
I went to buy SIM, d guy brought several SIM packs and asked me to pick my preferred number, I did. After d whole registration and capturing, d guy just hissed and told me to pick another SIM dat da one didn't go, dat I should pick from certain numbers (0810....) Dat dey're new SIMs and barely have issues wit registration. I innocently picked another line, ran my registration and left wit my SIM. I was surprised to receive a message d following day from d network provider telling me that I registered two numbers using my NIN... I called d second line and it went, d guy told me he bought a registered line dat very day from d same agent. It really pained me, I went back there days later but couldn't find him. He was just a roadside vendor.

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by bitbillionaire: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
That vendor must be jailed.

Op, do you know what you just posted is a very serious and sensitive matter with grave security implication?

Can you do this country and humanity a favour by reporting the guy to NCC and the Ministry of Communication?

Thanks
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by EduTechTainMent: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

My broda dats how dey do o. Dey will use ur NIN and register a SIM which dey will sell for a higher rate. It happened to me.
I went to buy SIM, d guy brought several SIM packs and asked me to pick my preferred number, I did. After d whole registration and capturing, d guy just hissed and told me to pick another SIM dat da one didn't go, dat I should pick from certain numbers (0810....) Dat dey're new SIMs and barely have issues wit registration. I innocently picked another line, ran my registration and left wit my SIM. I was surprised to receive a message d following day from d network provider telling me that I registered two numbers using my NIN... I called d second line and it went, d guy told me he bought a registered line dat very day from d same agent. It really pained me, I went back there days later but couldn't find him. He was just a roadside vendor.

Exactly thesame thing happened to me when I bought an airtel mifi and new sim in February this year. I got a welcome message from airtel telling me i registered 3 sim cards with MY NIN. I know i only registered two. I called airtel and they couldn't help.

I just got the 3rd lime swapped yesterday. Afterall it's my details they used on the line. I may allow the line to idle away for some months after which it will be recycled and re allocated by airtel. You can also do same.

Don't allow your nin to be used for fraudulent acts. Trust only yourself.

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by VirileNelly2420: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
EduTechTainMent:

Exactly thesame thing happened to me when I bought an airtel mifi and new sim in February this year. I got a welcome message from airtel telling me i registered 3 sim cards with MY NIN. I know i only registered two. I called airtel and they couldn't help.

I just got the 3rd lime swapped yesterday. Afterall it's my details they used on the line. I may allow the line to idle away for some months after which it will be recycled and re allocated by airtel. You can also do same.

Don't allow your nin to be used for fraudulent acts. Trust only yourself.

D notification message dey sent to me is no longer in my phone, Can I still b able to view d lines registered under my NIN? How do I do dat?

It's actually an Airtel line
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by willbayo(m): 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
suffering:
This NIN thing is a huge inconvenience and a reminder that Nigerians are never straightforward human beings. When the registration was ongoing, all my friends claimed they’d never create numbers for their lines. Immediately after the deadline my line is blocked meanwhile they are freely using theirs — showing that they secretly registered and lied to me. As long as I have internet on my phone MTN can kiss my hard, toned backside.
Deep. Change your circle before its too late
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Aaay: 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Sunsets: 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
Where's here?
Nairalandhotboy:
Many countries do it. Its a must over here to link it. You can't even buy without linking it. Nigerians too stubborn. Even here people sell already linked sims. Its business to them
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by baralatie(m): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
loko50:
My advise to everyone. Download nimc app on your phone and remove any strange number that you found linked to your bvn.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by suffering: 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
willbayo:

Deep. Change your circle before its too late
The same thing which happens everywhere in this foolish country.

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Nairalandhotboy(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2022
Sunsets:
Where's here?
what do you know Go fvck yourself nigga
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by evans4luv: 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
ChocolateWine:

Is stupidity your talent or you were born with it naturally?

I am again, who's pics is there?
hey! U are just an attention seaking old bitch, u this illiterate baffon, dont u read or do u also read with ur eyes closed u dumb, i have been trying to educate u shit face about nin, but u are bent on displaying ur stupidity 2 d public, u disgust me, dummy
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Babisha10(m): 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2022
baralatie:

Okay that means that one will get a notification from the network when someone else uses your nin!
Then action will be taken
Yeah
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by jimmynauty: 9:16am On Apr 09, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

Pardon my grammar/typos. Thanks

1. Pls let's share retweet on Twitter fb, instagram to notify pantami nimc etc

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by charlsecy(m): 9:37am On Apr 09, 2022
PotatoSalad:
I was at Nipost the other day, they charge people 200 naira per received item. After the person has paid shipping fee o.
Didn't you get a receipt for that?
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by PotatoSalad(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2022
charlsecy:
Didn't you get a receipt for that?
They don't give receipts for that.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by EduTechTainMent: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

D notification message dey sent to me is no longer in my phone, Can I still b able to view d lines registered under my NIN? How do I do dat?

It's actually an Airtel line

Unfortunately no, I think.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by charlsecy(m): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2022
PotatoSalad:
They don't give receipts for that.
I do get receipts for such. I think it's official. It used to be free, but it appeared the management added the weight-based fee.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by PotatoSalad(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2022
charlsecy:
I do get receipts for such. I think it's official. It used to be free, but it appeared the management added the weight-based fee.
I don't get it.
When you want to ship an item to a location, you're charged a shipping fee. When the item gets to its destination, the person doing the pickup goes and collects his item. What's the 200 naira for again when you've paid for shipping already?
I was there and a guy came to pickup usb cables, about 5 of them, and they were in separate plastic bags. They charged him 1k.
No receipts.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
wale0911:
You can download the NIMC app to unlink any line you wish to yank off.

Please where can I download the nimc app?
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by wale0911: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2022
slimthugchimee2:

Please where can I download the nimc app?
If you're using Android, it's on Google playstore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Esther Isaac Was Strangled In Abuja Hotel – Autopsy (Photos) / Kwame Bonsu Jailed For Raping And Assaulting His Wife / I Killed My Lover Because She Denied Me Sex - Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.