Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,537 members, 7,885,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:22 AM

Nigeria's Neatest State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Neatest State (30174 Views)

Meet Nigeria's Neatest Mechanic That's More Educated Than You(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ogospec(f): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2011
there is no much talk,
1  calabar
2 Enugu, but may rank highe than calabar if chime go one step higher
3 Abuja dut cant be very sure
4 Oyo is coming up fast
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Afam4eva(m): 8:53am On Jul 07, 2011
Dude, have you being to Oyo in your life? If you have then you wouldn't have done what you just did.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Justlex: 9:03am On Jul 07, 2011
It is very obvious that there are neat states in Nigeria,south west zone i can mention Lagos because alot of reforms have been done,Oyo and Ogun are not that neat,Northern states,i can say that Kaduna is neat,south east,Abia(Aba)and Onitsha is very dirty,Enugu is the neatest in the East,south south calabar and port harcourt are the neatest.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Patnoble: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2011
I think the neatest state in Nigeria is cross river state and Enugu state,
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Yankee01: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2011
For cities in Nigeria, I give it to Calabar!
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by blank(f): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2011
I dont know about cleanest but Ibadan takes the cake as the dirtiest. The place too durty.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ademoshood(m): 10:10am On Jul 07, 2011
To me I think Ilorin the Kwara state capital must be included among the neatest city in the country. For anybody who've being to Ilorin can bear me witness.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by superior1: 10:12am On Jul 07, 2011
Ilorin, Kwara State is quite neat
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by sley4life(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2011
i'l say fct&cross river
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by kindla(f): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2011
Justlex:

It is very obvious that there are  neat states  in Nigeria,south west zone i can mention Lagos because alot of reforms have been done,Oyo and Ogun are not that neat,Northern states,i can say that Kaduna is neat,south east,Abia(Aba)and Onitsha is very dirty,Enugu is the neatest in the East,south south  calabar and port harcourt are the neatest.
in abia state dey dn't have governor na chairman dem get d state nids 2 b ruled by an governor embarassed embarassed not chairman.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by egift(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2011
I move the motion that Abuja have no place in this debate and should not be included. grin

- Are we going to consider it as a state or city
- The FG have invested so much in Abuja that there is no way to compare it to States/Cities that don't even get even get 1/1000 of what Abuja get.
- Abuja is Nigeria's "Show Of Power, What Oil Money Can Do and The Seat Of Power"

Please lets exclude FCT - Its adds imbalance into the equation sad

I stick with Enugu as the cleanest
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by OWOLAYEMO: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2011
CALABAR All the way! I did my NYSC in this town and i can affirmed that it is the cleaness in Nigeria by miles!
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by xynerise: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2011
I dont know which to choose cos some city are just seasonally clean grin
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Mbeki: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2011
I think the yardstick to measure cleanliness is not taking pictures of recently renovated roads and newly built shopping malls, parks, government centres etc. Cleanliness should be measured by the people's attitude to neatness.

A neat attitude + A neat people + A neat Community  + A neat government policy = A neat City

A dirty attitude + A dirty people + A neat Community  + A neat government policy = A dirty City

That explains why Calabar will remain a neat city,

Calabar people inherited their neatness from the long sojourn of the white man there.

Extremely few percentage of calabar people are dirty!

So Calabar is the neatness and cleanest for the above reasons,

Enugu comes next.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by multibabe(f): 11:29am On Jul 07, 2011
calabar
dirtest lagos
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Kalman(m): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2011
Just in case you missed it

This is Cross River State

Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by jmaine: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2011
By Far Canaan Land . . .
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Ayoobscom(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2011
i'm tired of laughing, this shalow trend is highly comical
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by hbrednic: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2011
Sike:

Hey! Wot a bout Ogun-State? No one mention Ogun?? ***faints***
[/quote

Hey do not say i told angry
Ogun state is a giant dustbin,ACN had better start using their brooms there lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by tEsLim(m): 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2011
My people are so used to abnormalities to the extent they think this is what is right. There is no single all-round developed state in Nigera! Abuja is nice but its not a state and its the only PLANNED CITY in NIGERIA.  Ikoyi looks like what they call slums in Johannesburg like the poor neighborhood where the white people used to live abandoned and sh.it ,  I've been there Ive seen it. Festac/ Mile2/Jakande/low cost houses/ One thousand and one etc are projects like council flats etc in most countries but here people think its for the rich. LSDPC houses are so expensive the real people that need them i.e teachers can't afford them.

Number one problem of LAGOS is PURE WATER nylons and the over-population without providing more amenities. Lagos have to be decentralized they need put more money in the outskirts build mega cities. Government alone can not do this we need serious real-estate investors. Name a Donald Trump of Nigeria ? sad ,   Even now the outskirts are getting so populated last time i heard there are 5million people in Ikorodu! And just one road goes into that place. People go to work daily spending 4hrs+ in traffic. Hawkers selling on the street. People buy stuff in traffic liter the roads.

My people deserve more. But that's if they know what they actually deserve. But they're victims of the environment the grew up in. And same with the people they elect into the offices. How can you expect them to deliver what they dont know. Putting illiterates, sick presidents and bloody fools in power. Blind Northerners have been leading us since independence. Even exposure to the Western WORLD is education.  Nigerians deserve better!
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by danarchy(m): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2011
Please u guys should stop pasting round abouts and telling us Enugu is the neatest. We all know
major round abouts in cities are clean because governors pass there to work.

Iam talking about a city that is too clean to the extent that while walking on the streets alone
you are scared of dropping ur pure water stachet because u didn't find any along the way

just take a view of calabar :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364691.0.html
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by londoner: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
danarchy:

Please u guys should stop pasting round abouts and telling us Enugu is the neatest. We all know
major round abouts in cities are clean because governors pass there to work.

Iam talking about a city that is too clean to the extent that while walking on the streets alone
you are scared of dropping your pure water stachet because u didn't find any along the way

just take a view of calabar :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364691.0.html

The link you quoted is pages upon pages of clean pictures yes, but pictures of tourist destinations in Calabar, rather than  normal streets and areas people live in. I know Calabar is clean, because people who have been there have attested to it, but people have also attested to Enugu being clean and more importantly the pics posted of Enugu on page 1 etc are of normal streets that people of Enugu use everyday.

I think both Calabar and Enugu look clean/neat from the (non tourist) pics/videos I've seen.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by danarchy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2011
Even the tourist centres in other cities may not lack pure water stacheta and nylons, am talking about the culture of of neat people that reflects on their environment,

And not the ones we post pictures of their round about or one clean road near to governor's house .

I mean when a city is so clean that while you are working on the street alone you re scared of dropping your pure water satchet because you
could'nt find any along the way.

A city that invests much on street mangers who earn than some office staffs

That city is CALABAR
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by londoner: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2011
The "non-roundabout" pics of Enugu also look clean to me. The Ekiti pics shown also look clean. Maybe other states/people are also beginning to adopt a better attitude to their environment.

The more places in Nigeria that do this THE BETTER. Its not about having only one place that can "boast" of cleanliness.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by phantom(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
Trust me when i say this, PORTHARCOURT no follow for first five neatest cities, QED
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by baslone: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
Minna, Ilorin ! Props!
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by dazzle37(f): 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2011
Calabar, Cross River State is the neatest
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ikooko(m): 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
@ alj harem,
I think Gombe, Bauchi and Jos should be ranked higher than Jigawa or Taraba in terms of neatness and city arrangement; take away the current situation in Maiduguri, the city is cool and natural but not dirty

Our northern friends should say more about their cities.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Guyman02: 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2011
Kaduna and Gombe are quite clean, Ilorin is not so bad. But when you mention neatest cities in Nigeria Calabar comes first, but Enugu may soon overtake Calabar from what I have seen there recently.
Aba still holds the unenviable record as the dirtiest city in Nigeria. I hope Gov T.A Orji is listening?
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by topsy1971: 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2011
@egift. Enugu's neatness does not cut accross. The pix you post here are for independent layout, upper chime and other good areas.
Why not post pix of other areas like Abakpa, Obiangwu, coal camp, agbani etc.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ZnO: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
topsy1971:

@egift. Enugu's neatness does not cut accross. The pix you post here are for independent layout, upper chime and other good areas.
Why not post pix of other areas like Abakpa, Obiangwu, coal camp, agbani etc.

Likewise the neatness of Cross River (CR)
But overall, Enugu is a very neat state by Nigerian standard
It can only be beaten by CR
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by deeyoung: 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2011
Lets try Akwa Ibom State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#buharicannotchange Now Trending On Twitter / Ijaws Secret Agenda In Niger Delta EXPOSED! / Dapchi Yobe Girls School Attack: 94 Students Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.