Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me (2866 Views)

Married And Clubbing / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Studentdelta2: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
My dad and mum died recently and after their death, so many things has happened that ordinarily would make anyone depressed.

Today, my elder sister(same father and mother) is getting married but I was not told neither invited. It happened that my reputation has been totally soiled by my own family, I will talk about this later.

My elder brother(same father and mother) recently travelled to the United States, it was my Uncle, a wealthy Delta politician and notable emeritus that made it all happened. I wasn't told by my siblings though, I heard it from one of my uncles, I was happy for him even though we didn't get along well.

My brother was well educated by my dad that spent so much money to send him to study as a Pharmacist, I gained admission while he was in 300level, along the line in my 3rd year, I was asked to drop out of school, my mum was of the opinion that my brother needed to graduate first before me. Not like we didn't have money, my father was doing excellently well financially then, but my mum insistent made it impossible for me to continue and after much struggle here and there, i retreated back to the house in defeat. Turned out, my brother had problem while in school which led to extra year for him...

It was a difficult moment for me, depression and addiction stepped in which i will completely ignore right now...

My dad later made my brother a signatory to his bank account when he had a severe stroke but with time, things escalated between my dad and my brother. My dad accused him of stealing money from his bank account and so involved my step brothers who later took it upon themselves that it was their birth right to be signatory instead, being that we are from the 2nd wife. I was also involved too, at this point I have gone back to school out of my own volition, I had to hustle money for everything because I knew no one would foot my school bills. While In school, my dad called me that my brother wants to kill him(metaphorically). I was the one he sent to my step brother to report the issue...

A lot happened since then, my dad stroke got even worse, he got maltreated and hated by those he spent money on. Whenever he was to be taken for treatment in a far away place, I would be called from school by my mum to help take him there which made me wonder why my brother or sisters she spent money on was not called.

After my dad and mum died early this year, i knew it would be an issue considering how the family was divided and how they hated one another. So, as a final year student, I was very broke this period and was advised to call my uncle who was a lover of education being a retired Emeritus and a current federal office holder. I sent him a text on WhatsApp outlining my demands in school and a full plea for help. That same afternoon, his son called me to say his dad called him. For what ?, well, he said the dad said I should not influence him and that my elder brother told him my girl and I poured boiled rice on my mum and beat her, and that I stole from my dad and reported my mum to family counsel in the village for maltreating my dad when he was sick... He said a lot of unbelievable lies... I was very down, not because he has spoilt my opportunity to get money for my school fees and project but moreso because he used me as a topic of bad egg to curry favour from my uncle.

Yesterday, I was told my elder sister is getting married today.... I can't even say everything because i don't want to be looked on like I was the best child after ogogoro. It's so painful that my dad who would have corrected all these and make my uncle understand is no more.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by immortalcrown(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2022
cool
If you are as diligent as you imply in this post, you will overcome their hate, and your success will likely exceed theirs. I say this because I believe lifestyle is the most effective prayer. As a man thinks, so he is. A man reaps whatever he sows. Those who unite for evil will be disunited by nemesis. Try not to reward their bad with bad oh! Their wrongs cannot justify yours. They will face their own punishments and you will face your own. Therefore, invite that your sister and her husband to your own wedding. But if you are dishonest in this post, what I have already said is enough for you to know how your future will be.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Ahmed0336(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
Sometimes that's life.

My advice; see all these as motivations to hustle hard.

Prove them wrong by hustling hard and legit. with time, they'll come around but for now, NO JUST SEND THEM.

If that's your picture I'd advice you remove it. It's not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Cutehector(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ah ah..dont invite her to your own wedding, simple. Life is not that hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Kestolove(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
You don't HV money

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Goldbw122(m): 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
Don't attend, just stay cool, in this life when you have money that is when people will be running after you and calling you to help them, but when you don't have money then no body will call you it would look as if you are not in planet Earth that is how it is..

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by obyrich(m): 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
The picture is for what? Whose picture is that?
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Uprightness100(m): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
The World is Spiritual and those who understand the Spiritual can alter and control things.

Only JESUS Christ can correct your Matter and bring u all together.

Surrender to JESUS Christ . Live in Holiness. Stand in the Gap in Prayers. You will see things change in JESUS Name.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Richy4(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2022

<<If u are sure within you that U were innocent of all the allegations leveled against you by your brother, Just smile and say in your heart.. these too shall pass...

<< Your sister not inviting you is a plus for you... Based on experience, marriage is not always a rosy thing... she has reduced your headache of calling inlaws and settling disputes in the longrun... She did not invite you for the wedding and she will never call u for any family problem except if she's shameless...

<< Your uncle is not your God.. though he would have been a good ladder to climb your way up... Look for other ways to climb buddy...

<< Do not harbour hatred whatsoever in your heart. It shortens lifespan... Wishing you the best...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by dawnomike(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
Studentdelta2:
My dad and mum died recently and after their death, so many things has happened that ordinarily would make anyone depressed.

Today, my elder sister(same father and mother) is getting married but I was not told neither invited. It happened that my reputation has been totally soiled by my own family, I will talk about this later.

My elder brother(same father and mother) recently travelled to the United States, it was my Uncle, a wealthy Delta politician and notable emeritus that made it all happened. I wasn't told by my siblings though, I heard it from one of my uncles, I was happy for him even though we didn't get along well.

My brother was well educated by my dad that spent so much money to send him to study as a Pharmacist, I gained admission while he was in 300level, along the line in my 3rd year, I was asked to drop out of school, my mum was of the opinion that my brother needed to graduate first before me. Not like we didn't have money, my father was doing excellently well financially then, but my mum insistent made it impossible for me to continue and after much struggle here and there, i retreated back to the house in defeat. Turned out, my brother had problem while in school which led to extra year for him...

It was a difficult moment for me, depression and addiction stepped in which i will completely ignore right now...

My dad later made my brother a signatory to his bank account when he had a severe stroke but with time, things escalated between my dad and my brother. My dad accused him of stealing money from his bank account and so involved my step brothers who later took it upon themselves that it was their birth right to be signatory instead, being that we are from the 2nd wife. I was also involved too, at this point I have gone back to school out of my own volition, I had to hustle money for everything because I knew no one would foot my school bills. While In school, my dad called me that my brother wants to kill him(metaphorically). I was the one he sent to my step brother to report the issue...

A lot happened since then, my dad stroke got even worse, he got maltreated and hated by those he spent money on. Whenever he was to be taken for treatment in a far away place, I would be called from school by my mum to help take him there which made me wonder why my brother or sisters she spent money on was not called.

After my dad and mum died early this year, i knew it would be an issue considering how the family was divided and how they hated one another. So, as a final year student, I was very broke this period and was advised to call my uncle who was a lover of education being a retired Emeritus and a current federal office holder. I sent him a text on WhatsApp outlining my demands in school and a full plea for help. That same afternoon, his son called me to say his dad called him. For what ?, well, he said the dad said I should not influence him and that my elder brother told him my girl and I poured boiled rice on my mum and beat her, and that I stole from my dad and reported my mum to family counsel in the village for maltreating my dad when he was sick... He said a lot of unbelievable lies... I was very down, not because he has spoilt my opportunity to get money for my school fees and project but moreso because he used me as a topic of bad egg to curry favour from my uncle.

Yesterday, I was told my elder sister is getting married today.... I can't even say everything because i don't want to be looked on like I was the best child after ogogoro. It's so painful that my dad who would have corrected all these and make my uncle understand is no more.

you've got to forge ahead and find your way
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by simpleseyi: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
Just promise yourself that you will never go to your family for anything, even if your life depends on it. It's better to die on your feet, than live on your kneels.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
move on with your life...
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Gloriagee(f): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Can you recall everything u did during depression and addiction? Cos your full blooded sis opting not to invite you may be related to this period. If you were out of control during this period, consider rendering apologies to those u hurt.

If its just gang up against you, hey, we meuve.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
Go defend yourself and prove to your uncle that it was all lies(this is very important for future purposes, never overlook this) , and why will you want to be involved where you are not needed?
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by efficiencie(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
Studentdelta2:

Dude if what you have said up there is true and you know you don't want to die the death of your parents pack your bag and baggages and escape from that family of yours. Cut off all contacts and hustle in silence. If not, bro, na your obituary den go print soon ohh!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Bignuell(m): 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
I'd be lieing if i say i know how you feel, but i say a prayer of upliftment this afternoon to you. But i gotta ask, do you guys grow up together for them to exhibit this kinda attitude??
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Mariangeles(f): 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
If you're innocent of all they accused you of, cry out to God in prayer to vindicate you.
All that you've been through(and still going through) are just too much for one person to bear.
May God give you the strength to keep going.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Ishilove: 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
This story dey one kind. OP, you never talk wetin really happen.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Dorcmass(m): 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
Pele ooo but does it matter u go to marriage ceremony
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Kirkman: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
Studentdelta2; This your family matter strong pass rock and from what I can deduce from your non-invitation to the wedding.

1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by AngelicBeing: 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
A man's enemies are members of his own family sad

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by greymiles: 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
Maybe u too like food
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Imbecilicsamuel: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
Defects of polygamy.
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Charmingrascal(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
At this point forget family and hustle like who no get people.
Life is not fair.
However it's ur part of the story we are seeing we don't know of you have said the truth or you are blacksheep in the family.
I believe that all ur family members can not turn against you to the extent of not notifying you about ur blood sister's wedding.
I doubt this your "Mr good guy" story

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by championship: 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
immortalcrown:
cool
If you are as diligent as you imply in this post, you will overcome their hate, and your success will likely exceed theirs. I say this because I believe lifestyle is the most effective prayer. As a man thinks, so he is. A man reaps whatever he sows. Those who unite for evil will be disunited by nemesis. Try not to reward their bad with bad oh! Their wrongs cannot justify yours. They will face their own punishments and you will face your own. Therefore, invite that your sister and her husband to your own wedding. But if you are dishonest in this post, what I have already said is
enough for you to know how your future will be.

You’re a wise man
Just learnt from your few words
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
Wait first..you sure say you no really do any of those things you list.because the accusation plenty o.Are you really not guilty

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by stacyadams: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
Studentdelta2:

sorry bro..just look unto your self and push on..I always advise men to shun polygamy,in most cases they won't be alive to settle the problems they created
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by phemmyfour: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
Studentdelta2:

Go n make money
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by zubimete(f): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
Keep praying for peace, Work hard secure your future nd avoid future occurence.
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Kk4(m): 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
This story feels one side. Op if you want people to advise you properly, open up and say exactly what has transpired in your family.

Nobody is perfect but one thing I'm sure of is, your family can't neglect you unless you no dey try.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Studentdelta2: 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Mariangeles:
If you're innocent of all they accused you of, cry out to God in prayer to vindicate you.
All that you've been through(and still going through) are just too much for one person to bear.
May God give you the strength to keep going.
Bros life even tire me like this.... I just tire
Re: My Sister Is Getting Married And They Didn't Invite Me by Mariangeles(f): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Studentdelta2:
Bros life even tire me like this.... I just tire

No tire.

Always remember say God dey with you, and na God love sure pass because e no dey cease, instead e go dey renew everyday.
Just continue to dey pray and patiently wait for your vindication.

Also, make room for forgiveness and reconciliation when the time comes.
Forgive so that you can be forgiven.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Head Of The Family / Do I Go After My Career Or Have Another Child / What If This Happens To You What You Gonna Do ? See (PHOTO INCLUDED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.